Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Items

Alright, lets be clear here: ONLY THE TEAM THAT DID MOST DAMAGE CAN LOOT THE DESERT RIDER!

I don't know where this myth comes from, but it's wrong. And I can't stand it if wrong information is being spread. I was in the RI that won damage, and all 12 items were rolled and looted by team members.

The adds (desert leets) also drop loot and I'm not sure how lootrights work for those (I clicked a few but only got "somebody already is looting these remains" and not "You're not allowed to loot these remains" or "there is nothing you can loot inside" (with /team loot leader being on).

The third way to get loot at this encounter is from some torch everybody can click. It's small and despawns fast, so I don't have my jetpack yet :P.

I think the most important thing is to lower the amount of items needed. Other problems hopefully will be solved as things calm down... .
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    Alright, lets be clear here: ONLY THE TEAM THAT DID MOST DAMAGE CAN LOOT THE DESERT RIDER!
    Thanks for the confirm on the desert rider corpse.

I'd still like to know how the "torch" works. And, for that matter, what it looks like.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Ok so the birthday event hinges on two things:

1) There being enough people active enough to collect 5000 items in a timely fashion
    2) There not being so many people attending the actual fight that things are unplayable and that people can actually get loot.

Seems these two things are mutually exclusive... granted the second point becomes more viable the longer the events run, as people get their loot they wont bother coming, but that just makes 1 worse...

What ever happened to special events (birthdays, holidays) being fun little side events that give you a handful of fun items to celebrate with and nothing more? Why suddenly decide that you need bags of items or purchased items and then make the loot people are after require so much effort and work to get that it actually stops being a celebration and starts being the thing you have to game for?

The halloween events were good, you could go out, 5 minutes killing would get you basically everything you wanted and on top of that random big raids that gave you a fun fight and more ways to get your loot. On top of that you didn't get 10 items that are the same thing, you tended to get 1 that you could cycle. The only down side was the lya sangi's where rare in high qls and you've fixed that by putting in additional versions and a chance to get full set from the big fights! but then you broke the fights.

So I'd suggest taking out the cyclable items from the store and making them the stuff that drops, put em up in store after the event if you must, but during the event celebratory items should be obtainable to celebrate with, drop the big fights down to something a raid could farm and activate and then win by themselves in a small (2 hours tops) period, spread em across the entire level range, throw in randomly started bigger versions that anyone can jump into.

That would be the better holiday/birthday events. Remember keep the fun things fun, if you want us to work hard for something make that the actual content of the game rather than the temporary side events!

2 minute timers on the nomad corpses is just horrible

But this way they can make sure only few will get them for free and when they get added to store there will be people left wanting them... It is all about money after all.

Raid needs some work

1) increase size of the Tinkerer x4 so ppl can't hide her

2) decrease the # of items she needs somewhat - at 5,000 what happens is hours pass while minions feed her then the crowd of ppl who never gave her a thing has ample time to balloon up at the location when the count is around 4800, making it a mob scene with tons of CC.

3) increase rot timers

4) increase size of the flame by 10x

-----

Crowds will somewhat decrease over the next week or so, but it's still going to be an awkward and un-fun event.

Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Dont have a 220

Its a nice option for some of us to be able to buy, (omg did he say buy!!) stuff from the store. In my org the high levels are not telling some of us what is going on cuz they dont want the competition. You know how that works, MT's in the org chat and eventually you know your get excluded. I can just imagine what loot rights are going to be like. ( EDIT: No my org is great, they, like many other AO addicts get excited, thats all)So for all you whinners ragging on and on about the store buyables, and for all those who cant wait to screw toons over via lootrights, up your LEET!!
    Last edited by Nobeznohoney; Jun 25th, 2011 at 09:20:16.

has anyone seen the heckler pet? or what is this "pronouncement of magnanimity" that showed up in store?
    Dumble

Quote Originally Posted by Nobeznohoney View Post
    Its a nice option for some of us to be able to buy, (omg did he say buy!!) stuff from the store. In my org the high levels are not telling some of us what is going on cuz they dont want the competition. You know how that works, MT's in the org chat and eventually you know your get excluded. I can just imagine what loot rights are going to be like. So for all you whinners ragging on and on about the store buyables, and for all those who cant wait to screw toons over via lootrights, up your LEET!!
    Find a new org. Seriously, your org sucks if they are doing that.

What Happened?

Where did the creativity from last year's anniversary special event go? Collecting items from every major zone in game and assembling them into a new special building for your city? AWESOME!

Running to 4 different zones to loot retextured lya's armor, Agent backpieces and give a bunch of trash to an NPC that spawns a mob that dies in minutes and gives everyone an MP nano... and if you're a fast ninja looter you get a yalm... Seriously, what happened?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

On RK1, I just finished a three hour farm-fest on sub-level 50 nomad mobs with a 175 crat (3 shots or less to kill if I do not perk or my pet doesn't hit first) to get a measly three packs of the items that The Tinker needed (plus a set of the action figures & most of the other items lootable off the regular nomads). During those THREE hours, The Tinker's count only increased by about 700. This was during primetime in North America.

That quest needs some major adjustments... both to the quantity of items needed by The Tinker, and especially to the current reward process from the nomad boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxi View Post
    Find a new org. Seriously, your org sucks if they are doing that.
    I was thinking the same thing. No one should be treated like that by their orgmates. An org is supposed to help each other.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Jun 23rd, 2011 at 05:50:08.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

when did AO'ers get so fussy?

:P

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    when did AO'ers get so fussy?

:P
    June 27, 2001?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Anyone have information on where the heckler or mech leet pet can be found?? These pets can be seen here - http://www.anarchy-online.com/anarch...s-tux-afro.jpg

The mech leet is located on the far right of the dancing atrox in the clown hair, and the heckler front and center of the photo.

Mech leet is apparently lootable from the Fanatical Desert Nomads, adds from the Desert Rider raid. No idea about the heckler pet yet. And the new Pronouncement nano in the store seems to be a leet transformation that turns you into one of the AI-preorder leet pets. Since I can't get that pet (being froob), I may decide to buy it from the store.
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

Where is the Tinker Located?
    Kamikaze "Kaitoujeanne" - 220/30/70 - Doctor
    .¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.•`
    Ice "Shivaz" Crystal - Meta-Physicist
    .¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.¸.•´☆ ¤º☆`.¸.•

i found my Mech pet into the "nomade fanas" adds from the "Raiders raid" in newland dessert at the Thinker closer to the wompahs

Very near the Newland Desert whompahs. Look for the crowd
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

Look for the 220's waiting there for when the lower levels farmed the 5000 items so they can quickly kill the rider and take their epeen loot so they have new social items instead of BoC**
    Dear developers,

Rock is OP, paper is fine.

-Yours faithfully, Scissors

Is it any desert rider?

Is it any desert rider that drops the phatz or just the one in NLD?

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast