Thread: People disappear from Rubi-Ka all the time...

People disappear from Rubi-Ka all the time...

A concerned voice full of care and warmth clearly spoke within.

Would they miss her again?

They surely would...

... do they know she has left them again?

Knowledge of this will be made clear soon enough.

Oh yes.

Another is shown the way, you do well.

I thank you.

Such wonders were being given to the newly enlightened. Pleasures shook the bodies of the pure so violently, a fatal cause of effect.

A message received reminded, yet again in the usual electronic hum, that it had not been opened and was feeling quite neglected in an unsentient manner of description. It was accessed and it was accepted to the recipients eyes.

It was an offer. Consideration now counted down on the internal clock of personal diversity.

Into the light of day and transforming his shape to that of the Yalmaha through the nanobots that morphed his body into such, he hovered. Tipping his nose down and hooking a tied up sack, Gabriel took to the skies with she who would be missed by several of her associates.

Another day, another end.
    - Name: Gabriel
    Codename: Malachii -- Former patient of Omni-Reform

Historic Reference File 1
    Historic Reference File 2
    Historic Reference File 3
    Omni-Tek Incident Report 1

Recently released from Omni-Reform, Private of Omni-Pol
    Roleplaying Profile of "Malachii"

An unexpected adventure

Lunya carefully placed her steps in the heavily forested area, treading well off any path she'd followed before. She needed this rest... a sort of vacation from the stress her life was dealing her.

She'd kissed Avrik goodbye while he slept and silently left him in her apartment well before dawn. He knew she was leaving. She needed to look into the past for once. Things she usually avoided must lie in some remote area of Rubi-Ka. Lunya felt ready to confront the things she would not think about, and could not bring herself to tell others.

Her mind was filled with questions and vague pieces of her childhood. Her memories were still slightly distorted from her trip into death and back into her new body. An unnatural resurrection, but is resurrection ever natural?

Lunya's feet fell where they would... she let her instinct guide her. Her mind didn't remember the direction, but her senses led her here and there. An adventurer's exploration of the world, as well as her own past. She closed her eyes and recalled a familiar feeling: longing as a child. Alone, she wanted only something or someone near her... to feel a presence other than wildlife and nature.

Suddenly, there was apprehension. She wasn't alone. Something behind her. Lunya's eyes snapped open just as a sharp pain lanced through her nerves, sending a wave of excrutiating agony over her body. She let out a gasp as the trauma centered itself in the back of her head... faintly aware of the warm, sticky substance matting her long hair and a few drops falling on the back of her neck.

A familiar voice echoed something... Lunya's body collapsed to the ground, hitting the soft bed of leaves and soil as her eyes focused on the bright morning sky above. A silhouette loomed above her... small frame of a man.

Little bug...

Lunya's mind would not identify the figure... she was slipping quickly from consciousness.

What did I do to you? Short man... little bug... not me... please...
    Juliet "Lunya" Lochlan
    ~Adventurer (retired)

"Omni by profession, Neutral at heart."~

->This link guaranteed to make you smile every time!<-

Little Bug...

In the desolate quiet woodlands... far from the city and problems with Omni-Tek and Clans there was a small Opifex male..cladded in full black armor with sharp Omni-Tek shoulder pads... his name was Stefano...he was sneaking through the woods quietly. He was trained to be able to run through leaves and sticks without making a sound and trained to adapt to his enviorment.

After 10 minutes of running Stefano stopped behind a thick tree..looking at the young lady stopping to think and rest. Then he spoke softly into his comm.

"Target has stopped to rest..Moving into Action Now"

Stefano snuck a few feet behind the woman then struck her with the blunt end of his Manex, hitting her on the back of the head knocking her out for the time being.

Stefano carried the woman to his Yalmaha and then she barely regained conscience

"Little bug..."

"Hmph! I am not a little bug..now I must collect my money"

She spoke once more before going unconscience again

"What did I do to you? Short man... little bug... not me... please... "

Stefano reached for his comm and spoke

"I got something for ya... and yes it's alive"

"Good bring her to me"
    "I have no idea what you're talking about.."

Glenn "Stefano" Kyren - Lieutenant of The Black Company, Grandmaster Assassin for the Clans and proud supporter of Silverstone and the Sentinels.

Romulus "Arnthem" McChristian - Trigger Happy Soldier for the Company.

''The Wraiths never die, merely fade away. Only to appear when someone least expects it.'' - Shrine of the Wraith

The Black Company Forums
    Roleplaying Profile of Glenn "Stefano" Kyren

Lightbulb Alone in the Dark

Cold. Freezing.

Lunya's eyes opened slowly, at first it she wasn't sure they were open at all.

Am I alive?

Her vision adjusted to the dim room. She studied what she could from her position. She lay curled up on the floor, her back against a wall.

Where am I?

A plain room, had to be Omni... only a desk there. No one around. Lunya lifted herself to a sitting position slowly, her head swimming. The pain was now dull throughout her skull. She carefully reached around to touch the back of her head. Dried blood there.

At least it's stopped bleeding... I'm ok... yes, physically I'm alright.... for now.

She squinted and studied the darkness again. The door. Lunya knew there was no way it would be open. Lights, maybe. At least some light. She struggled to her feet, then followed the wall to the desk. Neat stacks of papers... reports, maybe. A vid-screen... a lamp...

Her fingertips went to the lamp, but touched broken glass. No lights, then. She slid down against the wall, bringing her kness to her chest and staring at the floor. Light-colored tile. What was that dark area? Lunya crawled a few feet to her right, touching the stained blotch. Something dried up... she leaned closer... it couldn't be...

Blood. Dried blood, and not her own.

After forcing her body to stand and move as quickly as her bruised brain would allow her, Lunya reached the door.

Get out! Out of here now!

Of course, of course it's locked. Her hands slid along the edges, no locks here. Locked from the outside. Who locks their doors only from the outside?

Someone who has a visitor they don't want to escape.

Lunya collapsed against the door, sobbing.

Who? Why? Please, please let me out.... let me out....

The door opened and Lunya fell backward into the hallway with a gasp. Her head met the hard floor with a thud and the pain of her wound shot through her again. Everything went black for just a moment.

She blinked her eyes open again, fighting the pain and trying to focus on who or whatever was in the room with her.

Lunya was pulled to her feet by something she couldn't see. The thing yanked her back into the room and flung her against the wall. Again, pain in her head as she blacked out.

When she woke, he was there. Sitting at the desk, stiff and straight... his sinister face glowing eerily in the light from the vid-screen. He didn't move when she sat up. Didn't seem to notice her at all. That smile... not a smile... no. So wrong. Everything was so wrong.

Malachii...? Please...

He merely moved on to another news article and continued reading. His 'smile' spread accross his lips again, not erasing the hate in his eyes.

You can hear me... I know you can... Malachii... please... please...

No response from the figure at the desk. Another article flashed on the screen, and tears rolled down Lunya's cheeks.

Please, at least speak to me... tell me why...

But she could guess why. He had his reasons...

She buried her face in her hands and sobbed silently, not daring to wonder what was next. He wasn't the same Malachii she'd been so in love with. He couldn't be.
    Juliet "Lunya" Lochlan
    ~Adventurer (retired)

Elsewhere

Today had been a good day, mostly. A few jobs from HQ had paid the bills, and he'd managed to pick up the odd item or two he'd be able to pass on to others. Avrik looked at a few nano-formulas he had procured for Lunya laying in his backpack and thought about his errant wife. She was overdue to check in with him.

He knew her reasons for trekking into the wildlands of Rubi-ka, and he regretted not being able to follow. "Some things a girl just has to do on her own" she had told him. Lunya was right, of course, she usually was Avrik thought to himself with a smile. He wasn't a part of her childhood, his presence would only serve the muddy the recovery process even more. However, he couldn't shake a persistent unease that had settled over him. It wasn't that he was scared she would run into dangerous wildlife. Lunya was quite capable of defending herself, it was that he knew how she worked. The woman could get so lost in thought that a bomb could go off next to her and she might not notice. Avrik banished the thought from his mind and kept walking, straight into the whom-pha from Omni-Trade to Omni-Ent.

He was headed for Rompa. With the Kenleys having taken residence there it hadn't been the safest of places for those associated with the Society of Salvation, or anyone if they happened to catch the gang in a bad mood. Avrik didn't worry about them though, he had an arrangement with the Syndicate. They intrigued him, and a new group such as this certainly needed someone to keep an eye on them. The Kenleys assumed that because Avrik hadn't tried to kill them that he must be on their side, he hadn't bothered to try to change their opinion.

As long as the Kenleys believed he was their man on the inside Avrik had a very powerful position of persuasion. It was slow work, but he knew that he was having an effect on their methods. At base the Kenleys were wanton killers, but the more he made them ponder about how to be sinister, the less destruction they were truly causing. Yes he had fed them information, but he had gleaned much in return. However he knew the Society would never listen, not while they were on a witch hunt for anyone associated with Serter or Stefano.

Avrik looked up and realized that he had made it to the bar already. He shook himself out of his thoughts once again and stepped inside. Once there he walked into the restrooms to strip out of his armor and into a suit more fitting for the crowd he would be acompanying. Finishing, he strolled lazily back to the farthest tables giving a nod to Debi and Cupofstfu, two neophyte thugs in the making. Cup turned and caught sight of the pin on Avrik's lapel marking him as a member of the Society of Salvation and reached for his weapon, but then recognized who it was and settled back down.

Avrik stoicly walked to a pool of shadows and sat himself within their grasp. It was easier to make them believe if he looked the part as well.

"Evening Kenleys."

Debi perked up immediately, "Anything about us on the SoS chat?"

Avrik sighed inwardly, "Not much I'm afraid. After what you did to Ardoyt and the commotion he caused April has pretty much stated that Rompa is off-limits to SoS members. However, if they wish to come...it's at their own risk."

"That's no fun man, what're we s'posed to do?"

"There are a few of them at Reets."

"We can't go there yo!"

"Just make them think your reach is longer than it is. If SoS feels safe at Reets then make them look over their shoulder until they reach the door. Be heard, but not seen. Be seen, but not known."

"Wha?..."

Avrik pulled the hood of his cloak close around his face and pulled into the shadows, leaving Debi to think on the double-talk until she simply decided that getting drunk was a far more profitable endeavor. Seemingly aware that he wanted to be left alone, his comm chirped signalling an incoming message.

Stefano's voice crackled into his earpiece, "Hey you hear from Lunya in a while?"

Avrik's breath caught, but he didn't let it show. He spoke just loud enough for the receiver to transmit his message, but not loud enough for anyone else to notice. "No, she's been busy."

"Yeah..didn't she leave you in the morning a few days back though? Going off to check some old haunts?"

Avrik froze again, "Where did you hear that?!"

"Umm..some SoS person mumbled it at Reets."

He and Lunya had told no one of her plans. Avrik knew that he had to get more information first though. "Oh, alright. I guess I should have heard from her by now though...any ideas?"

The voice on the other end seemed searching, "Uhh, she was going to visit friends right? Maybe they might know where she is."

Lunya had no friends as a child, her parents had been wandering nomads. Avrik's feeling of unease was now justified. The desire to destroy Stefano rose to near-overwhelming levels, but he kept himself in check. As long as Stefano trusted him there was a way of finding out everything he needed to know.

"Yes of course. I'll have to go check out what they know..."

Avrik stood and began striding forward. These people said he was one of them, and in his own way he had even tried to keep them from getting in over their heads. They said he was their friend, and he hadn't been unfriendly. Then they went after his wife. No mercy. They and their kind would be shown no mercy.

Avrik turned to Debi and spoke the traditional farewell.

"No justice. No freedom."

He con****uously omitted the final line of 'only the Kenleys', and stalked away.
    Elle "Elleiah" DiLaine: Omni Bureaucrat, Atlantean
    Now a waitress for Rompa Entertainment "It's all about the booty!"
    Former slave of Slaves of Rubi-Ka

--------------------------------------------------------
    Riena "Riesse" Solo: Clan Adventurer, Atlantean
    -"My name is pronounced like 'R-E-E-S-E.' Say it with me: 'Riesse sounds like Reese.' Again: 'Riesse.' There we go! You get a L33t Tr33t(tm)!
    Assembly

Echos keeps company in small spaces

Moments of layered time curled about within the mind of Gabriel setting about to tasks he set to ordering himself for completion over the next few hours. Sitting 'alone' in his special home he felt comfortable with the slightest warmth of contentment that dripped thick as tar in his being and in that passing of time, he was aware that his heart pulsed blood through his veins, lungs pulled in air and slight odours from the outside mixed with the damp flavour of his room.
    Dozens of sensations flooded Gabriel, hooking down upon his internal make up, psychi on edge as if hunted... and then;

Silence.

Soundless, senseless, motionless. Even the awareness of his body working to keep him alive now faded in a quick snap of microseconds. He knew it was coming for he felt that presence again. Defenses were brought into play. He knew how to move successfuly too.

Nothing could reach him here. No one would be allowed passage in this timeless place.

Gabriel knew, knew very well, of the pain and fear he was bringing to certain people. Could see beyond the 'now' of existence to discover that he would continue to influence others too in many ways. Interests peaked, souls destroyed, tears ignored. Caring about such things used to be a part of Gabriel.. of Malachii, to bring a smile upon those he touched, comfort friends with words, wise words... carried from years of observation. Now?

Now he had nothing. He had created his own vortex of solitude, a hermit laying claim to a mountain of ice that threatened to bring a numbing death to those who could easily become consumed by it.

A flicker, a cry.

"Stop this... you must stop this!"

Intruder in his thoughts. An outrage! The anger subsided with focused calm as he had taught himself before determining that the voice was his own. Breathing came louder in his ears, the beat of his blood again roaring over that... the room around him becoming clear and as soon as his sanctum was created, he had returned back to true awareness.

An Omni-Pol soldier had been killed by his finger, his aim if all but three nights ago and just another life ended on a temporary basis. Again, it was not enough. It never was. The Kenley's knew they had a powerful aide, a deadly shade and Gabriel took pleasure in his work.

Sobbing echoed back from behind his station, threading its way to Gabriel making his eyes close in cold remorse. A welcome chill spread throughout his body and he smiled.

She was awake... or rather, she was aware.

Gabriel began to turn, to stand, but before doing so he wiped moisture away from around his eyes and completely dried his cheeks and neck.

The crying never ends... it never stops. Tears echos back like the call for help from a lost one upon the initial powerful, screaming plea.

But before long, one gets used to it. One gives up calling for the help that never comes.
    Last edited by Malachii; Aug 25th, 2003 at 02:20:34.

This all started with a thirst for money...

In the Neutral City of Borealis next to the Junkyard where new bloods trained... there was a line of apartment complexs at the very end belonged to one man..small frame body with black hair..his name was Stefano.

Stefano looked out his apartment window down on the Junkyard and then at Borealis city to left, he felt safe there... not many knew of where he lived or if he even had an apartment to begin with. Stefano walked away from the window to his couch and threw himself down unto it

"and to think... this all started with a thirst for money"

Stefano picked up his comm, it was Seph

"Stef! I need you come with me to 4 Holes, unarmed. Me and Shadow are here on the bridge"

"What for?"

"Just get here! I will explain!"

Stefano rushed to the Grid Terminal and headed to 4 Holes Mining Area. The place smelled of Notum and other raw material, I ran to the bridge and found my comrades.

"Finally your here Stef! Let's move! I need to say something to the Society"

Stefano remembered the Society well...they kicked him for murdering a few people and they didn't like that. If it involved the Society I didn't even need to ask questions. When we arrived I had to unarm myself along with Shadow.

"Rember you guys..no guns and no fighting"

Stefano, Shadow, and Seph walked inside, they interupted a discussion because it went dead quiet.. everyone stared. Then Sephs voice broke the silence

"Society I like to make an apology to April and Meta"

Just when Seph started talking Avrik rushed in and shot Stefano along with Seph.. they both fell and Shadow stood in awe. Shadow then yelled

"Damn! Were unarmed! Avrik! Why did you do this!? I thought you were with us?

"No I was merely using you for information"

"Double crosser!"

Stefano looked at Avrik... just before un arming himself Stefano put a pistol under his Albrecht Tank Armor. Stefano shot a couple shots at Avrik

"I thought you were un armed Kenley!?"

"Hah..I am never..unarmed"

Seph was crawling to the exit badly injured then Shadow grabbed him and ran outside. Stefano picked himself up and made for the exit grabbing Avrik by the arm and then throwing him outside

"Avrik! You traitor!" Stefano yelled out

Shadowgrider grabbed his comm and went around the corner. Stefano aimed his gun at Avrik while Seph shuved him into the corner. Shadowgrider walked out from the corner with a grin then put on his Urban Battle Suit then he spoke.

"Avrik you have to work with us now.. or.." Shadow looked at Stefano. Then Stefano spoke

"Or your wife gets it"

Avrik jumped with rage but Shadow threw him back down

"What did you do with her!? Tell me!? Where is she you *******s!?

"She is paying a visit..with old haunts" Stefano laughed

Then out of nowhere the air got got extremely cold..unusual for a desert planet.

"Guys why is it so cold?"

Avrik killed the silence

"Tell me! Where is she!?"

Stefano smiled and shook his head
    "She's not in my possession right now"

Out of nowhere a whisper came to Stefano's ears

"The Dark Angel Has Her..."

Stefano and Shadowgrider laughed apparently Shadow heard it as well. Then Avrik threw a look at them both, Seph spoke to Avrik

"We want you to do something for us"

".....what?"

Out of nowhere Malachii came out a injected a virus into Avriks heel... Avrik didn't notice but the rest did. Stefano's comm rang

"Guys..we got Omni-Pol on there way..and there in a BIG pack"

"Great..."

Seph took a shot at Avrik in the arm and leg so he wouldn't move then Shadow used his powers to Grid us all out leaving Avrik in the rain
    "I have no idea what you're talking about.."

Glenn "Stefano" Kyren - Lieutenant of The Black Company, Grandmaster Assassin for the Clans and proud supporter of Silverstone and the Sentinels.

Romulus "Arnthem" McChristian - Trigger Happy Soldier for the Company.

''The Wraiths never die, merely fade away. Only to appear when someone least expects it.'' - Shrine of the Wraith

The Black Company Forums
    Roleplaying Profile of Glenn "Stefano" Kyren

Reflections and Regret

Avrik sat quietly in his apartment staring across the room at the empty bed. He'd ****ed up this time. It was a final proof that the past is best left alone, once gone it never comes back. There was a time when he could play men's emotions off of one another for weeks at a time, never allowing them to be aware that their strings were firmly attached to his fingers. Those days were gone, and those skills were long lost.

They were apologizing...they were WHAT?!

His head slumped backwards against the wall. It had simply come together too fast for him. He was too frantic to properly notice the signs as he had rushed around 4 Holes. The Kenleys were apologizing to the Society, and he thought they were going to raid the weekly meeting. He wasn't an agent, and apparently this was why.

Rushing in with his guns blazing had never been his intent. He knew where that path led; he was walking it right now. Desperation is a deadly mistress Avrik admitted to himself. He tried to recall what he had been thinking when he shot Sephiroth in the shoulder. Finally he decided that he hadn't been thinking, he was only reacting to the pain and rage. That he hadn't been a "brother" to the Kenleys was beside the point, they thought he had been. That Stefano would willingingly turn on one of his own was a betrayal Avrik simply couldn't fathom. Avrik may not have approved of the Kenleys, but he would never have attacked them first.

His mind flashed to the rain...

Avrik's stomach felt like it was on fire. His vision was blurred. Blood ran in thick rivulets from his nose and mouth. Shadowgrider raised the butt of his gun again.

Stefano raised his hand, "Wait."

Malcom kicked the prone soldier in the ribs instead and wiped blood from his own cheek, a deep gouge marking where he had narrowly dodged a shot fired at his back by Avrik.

Stefano knelt and roughly grabbed Avrik's lolling head, "You are to deliver a message."

Avrik looked up and spat blood into the Opifex's eyes. "Just do what you want to me....she's as good as gone. There's only one person who would ask you to retrieve her, and chasing him is like chasing the wind."

"If you help us, we'll help you. Malachii is one of us he'll listen."

Avrik wrapped his hands weakly around Stefano's throat and cackled in delerious glee, "You didn't even tell your brothers what you did...did you? They don't know that you've made a deal with the devil that will get them all killed...that's why you were the only one not surprised when I shot at you. Face it Stefano! You're in over your head! Malachii isn't 'one' of anybody...he listens to himself and himself only."

Sephiroth looked puzzled, the events of the evening obviously happening too fast for them to register, "Just..do what we want and we'll help. We promise."

Just then fire shot through Avrik's heel. However, instead of heating him with the sickly warmth of pain it seemed to freeze the marrow in his bones. Time slowed to a crawl and he seemed to be aware of every drop of rain as it slammed into his face with thunderous aplomb. He heard with deafening clarity the bolt slide back on Stefano's pistol and saw the red tips on the cartridges staring back at him from the barrel.

His choice was made, but it was not by his hand.

I suppose I'm indebted to them now...

Avrik opened his eyes and took in the details of the room again. Despite prayers that he had been dreaming, the bed was still empty and the apartment beyond was silent as the grave. But suddenly a chime rang out, it's call chill and stark against the solitude of his requiem.

His communicator spoke, "General Lochlan, this is Officer Marcai of Omni-Pol. I would like to speak with you."
    Elle "Elleiah" DiLaine: Omni Bureaucrat, Atlantean
    Now a waitress for Rompa Entertainment "It's all about the booty!"
    Former slave of Slaves of Rubi-Ka

--------------------------------------------------------
    Riena "Riesse" Solo: Clan Adventurer, Atlantean
    -"My name is pronounced like 'R-E-E-S-E.' Say it with me: 'Riesse sounds like Reese.' Again: 'Riesse.' There we go! You get a L33t Tr33t(tm)!
    Assembly

Counted Sorrows:

"One..."

A dull thud upon the tattered carpet that flowed beneath his feet, vision glazed into another world.

"...two..."

Another fell and moved with the gravity that it was not aware of, siding along another of its kind, a metalic yelp arose from his feet.

"...three."

Cartridge upon catridge clashed at dropping speed. Gabriel smiled dimly against his thoughts, ignoring for once those noises, voices? Could they be distinguished? Filtering through hard lined and blood searing focus could separate and group each and every one of them. Made things simpler for execution.

Stars became his friends. Gabriel could hear them whispering his name, could feel himself turn to mist and rise above his surroundings. This is what he felt.

It was all so real to him. Turning games with no shame, no guilt. Avoiding questioning blows and answer seeking souls. They would never find him. It was not intended to be this way according to Gabriel and his books.

Anothers mindset:

Guy "Stefano" Kenley twisted around on his backside, his attentions drawn away from throwing pebbles at passing atrox Omni-Pol armoured individuals, on hearing the softly spoken voice of Gabriel. The quick intact of air was not an action the Kenley brother took simply because Gabriel had, as usual, appeared from nowhere... but the eerie fact that Gabriel was smiling.

Oh... this has to be bad.

"Malachii!" Kenley chuckled slightly and stood, afterwhich he brushed dirt and stone from his hand over his leggings.
    "Wassap man? You look damn happy, what you gone an' done now?"

Gabriel brought a finger just under his nose, resting his chin on the top part of the same hand's thumb looking thoughtful. Without even looking at Guy the agent quietly said, "You have a Doctor coming to join your family firstly, the atrox will study chemicals for your family and use it's means to further put across any serious intent you have. This Doctor will also work on a few ideas of my own."
    Gabriel closed his eyes and took a breath.

"Second, I have been told that Omni-Pol wishes to arrest me. Of course if they do this... they won't ever find Lunya. Not in time of course. Understand the smile is of one that radiates from the energy of the up and coming game."

Guy had already broken into a wide smile himself and then suddenly fell into a look of questioning. Looking expectantly toward the Kenley brother, Gabriel raised his eyebrows to bring out what was on Guys mind.

"Avrik... said something to Seph, Shadow and me the other night when we went to meet with SoS."

"... I see."

"Yea, he told us you don't work for anyone. You're only here for yourself... that we don't know what we're doing, over our heads... **** like that. What was he trying to say? You won't turn against us will you Mal?"

Shaking his head slowly whilst holding his cold eyes onto Guy's own, the wind picked up and caused a silent exclamation onto Guy's words. He did not want to think as though it was possible, not after Avrik's deception. No, Gabriel was on his honour, always was. There was a code that flowed through the way he worked and Kenley knew that Gabriel would stick to it. No doubts.

"Not unless there was cause to do so."

Kenley shrugged with a small shake to his head. Typical response and he would not have expected anything more from the assassin. Game on then.

-----

Unit RK01 was slipping slowly away from mission parameters. The commander pushed his lip over the rim of his tea cup and brought down a sip of earl grey for his thoughts. A clear mind is what is needed, cannot afford to judge at this time. Perhaps all this would work to an advantage. Change is always possible in an existance that evolves and adapts yes? Of course it is. So a change in plans would need to be issued to the board.

It was becoming difficult to plan ahead with this subject field test. The theory, as always, seemed to make things sound so much simpler and in practice... it was not. It was already being questioned as to the protocols that would allow such a program to pass through security systems, safety measures to get the psychological thumbs up. Was RK01 the correct one to send to Rubi-Ka?
    Should he be allowed to continue upon Rubi-Ka?
    Could a contingent of their own guard be sent down, through ICC's authority, to retrieve their Daemon specialist unit member?....

... the mission had deviated and now seemed contorted madly into an unfamiliar shape. That was never a good thing.
    Last edited by Malachii; Aug 29th, 2003 at 13:24:25.

Someone is watching.....

She stands off to the side, her hood casting shadows over her face. She is small, petite, slender, a wraith of a woman. Eerily intriguing, some stop and take notice of the fragile figure but with a quick turn of her head and a look into her pearl black eyes, seeing nothing but animosity there they abruptly turn away. She peers intently at the man standing with his hands peeked under his chin. That cold glint of steel she sees in his eyes sends shivers down her spine but…she sees something familiar in that gaze, something that…something…..familiar? She is drawn to him. Never has she felt this connection, this tie with someone. Alone, she slips through the city street, a shade in the night; she darts from darkened doorway to darkened doorway, weaving her way through the crowds. Some turn to see what that cold gust of wind was only to catch a glimpse of a black robe vanishing into the shadows.

In her stark quarters she sits in an arm chair, remembering, remembering that man, that man with eyes so like her own. The feeling of familiarity washes over her again, sending that shiver down her spine again, she welcomes the feeling. Feelings, she chuckles to herself, only the weak have a use for feelings, the weak are driven by feelings, feelings are the root of all evil, without them the world would be a better place, those poor fools, when will they learn. She raises her onyx eyes to the ceiling, tapping a long slender, pale white finger on the arm of her chair….but that man, again he creeps into her thoughts. She shakes her head to clear her mind, her eyes glaze over with distant thoughts, memories of what she used to be like and why she is no longer, the people who have betrayed her and why they are no longer. No matter where her thoughts take her, the movies constantly played in her mind, the twisted rollercoaster of her persona she can’t forget that man. Giving into herself, treating herself almost, why not she deserves it, all that she has done, accomplished, taken care of, gotten rid of, disposed of…. And to think no one is none the wiser… they simply disappeared. She feels her eyelids fall, like the heavy violet curtains that shroud her windows, laying her head back, taking a deep breath she remembers.

All she sees are his eyes that hollow stare, that cold, calculated gaze so not unlike her own. He knows, he has been there, he has shared her turmoil, he has felt her pain, he knows the deceit, the betrayal, the lies…. She understands why he does what he does, why he has to do what he does, why he has to operate the way he does, trusting no one, caring for no one, people are a means to an ultimate end, play things almost…. No, not almost, in fact…. play thing in fact, to bend and manipulate as one deems fit. A slow, satisfied smile creeps across her lips, the air in her quarters chills even more…it feels like death, cold, clammy, uninhabitable by someone else, someone real, someone whole….she is not, she was torn apart many years ago, ripped open, exposed, vultures took hold of her very soul and stole it away. The person she has become, the person she has transformed into is one that she relishes being with all that drives her on, something she feels that he understands.

She raises her head, opens her eyes, nods her head slowly…. yes…yes… I know what I must do…..

Judas Traces:

Gently pressing against the ears of those gathered under the one roof of the Rompa Bar, backround music filtered over the lowered sentances or words formed in minds and brought about through lips that most likely sought company, companionship. Others had come to drip their stresses and woes into the sponge of intoxication. One arrived to locate a missing partner whom was known to galavant from bar to club to excite themselves to what they would not keep to potentially owning. Things don't always happen to the way of desired outcome. Standing high above the serving bar of the Rompa was a solitus male, never moving, surprising that he was breathing, the statue that he often is seen to be. Sephiroth, a Kenley, possibly meditating on his past, his future, his fellow brothers.

What happens within the mind of another is anyones guess.

Nanomages hardly frequented the Rompa due to their heavy workload on the manipulation and research into notum and nano technology. With the design for scientific progression set deep into their being there was little or no time for anything so petty as entertaining oneself. This was business. Although on a second run of that thought, the Nanomage realised that he was looking forward to what lay ahead. Doctor Handolem fingered a toothpick idely... then he saw him.

(( Due to trying to write this AND play AO... it's now become WAY past my beddy bye time. So... I need to cut it short here. *winks* ))
    Last edited by Malachii; Sep 2nd, 2003 at 01:55:30.

Some shadows never fade...

At times, a certain degree of deviation is necessary in order to survive against the odds that one comes up against.

This, he feels, was one of those times.

Pointedly taking another small sip of his carefully brewed tea in an attempt to effectively aide the process of washing down that line of thinking, he couldn't help but smile to himself in the interim. It was organizations such as his own which ultimately acted as the glue that held things together... or in some cases, the acid that corroded such bonds.

With a sudden chuckle, he sets the cup down and reclines a bit in his cushioned seat. The sound of the stretching leather takes a certain degree of dominance over the otherwise deafening silence within the room, as his one functioning eye carefully examines the figure that stands before him. A grin slowly creeps across his expression...

"Well. It seems that you have been rather busy as of late, my dear Gabriel. Your progress has far exceeded even the outlandish expectations set forth by your superiors. To say that I was not impressed would be an act of false witness."

Standing in absolute silence with a rather stoic expression that has become a trademark of his persona as of late, Malachii Gabriel merely stares before him. One would question whether this was truly a man, or just some machine... a vile, emotionless machination given life by a force that dare not be questioned or even explored by those who were not already 'in the know'.

The man who was previously sitting at the desk rises slowly... his form dimly lit by the persistent orange glow which radiates from an LCD which appears to be grafted to the edifice. As he stands, he picks up a small device which was laying amidst the neatly-stacked paperwork... flicking a small switch on the device, to power it up. After staring at it for a few moments to ensure that the process was a success, he cuts his eye upward to look towards the other.

"The collection is almost complete. We will not require much more data from these subjects of yours, before we are ready to move on to the next phase."

Stepping around the desk, the short atrox casually lumbers towards Gabriel.

"I have taken the liberty of compiling a newer algorithm for your sensory modifiers. You are aware of how to install them without surgery, so there is no need to waste time on the part of either of us in this session. You are to install it the moment that you set foot within your apartment. That is an order. Understood?"

Remaining unresponsive for a moment, his head finally inclines a small bit, as a small disc is placed into his hand by the other. "I understand."

Offering a wry smile shortly after, Malachii's commander folds his arms over his chest.

"Good. Now. Reiterate to me the goals and procedures discussed in your previous orders. I want to make sure that they are perfectly clear."

Malachii sneers for a few moments, before answering. At times, he finds himself wondering how much this 'commander' of his really knows about his existence... why he is here, and what he is. But for the moment, the only thing he could do was comply.

"Lunya is to be kept alive for the time being, until I manage to engineer a serum that is more potent. Keep her under tight surveilance and continue my development.. both physically as well as through my research."

The commander purses his lips thoughtfully, and nods several times as the other speaks...

"Yes.. that is correct. And what else...?" He folds his arms once more...

Malachii knots his brow in response... utterly sick of being treated as though he were some sort of child. Yes, he was neigh-lost in the inanity of his own being... but the persistent drilling of that fact into his skull was doing little to ease the pain from within.

With a growl from deep within his chest, he replies with an almost venomous tone...
    "...Humor me, Sir. What else could there be? That was all that was covered in the briefing."

A sadistic smirk crosses the expression of the abnormally calculating atrox. "After she is taken care of, there is but one other test subject that I require for the completion of my part of this project. Once that has done, I will be able to tell you everything. Who you are... ..who you were.. ...and most importantly, -what- you are, my dear Gabriel."

His expression twists downard into a somewhat foreboding frown, as he turns and walks back to the desk...

"It pains me that I must keep this knowledge from you, Malachii." He pauses, at that... considering every word, every syllable with the utmost care before he dares allow it to pass from his lips... "However, as I have told you before... time, and time again. I will reveal the truth to you when the time is right. When the time is best, for me... as well as for you."

Slowly sinking once more into his cushioned office chair, he folds his fingers into one another.. resting the mass of entangled phalanges upon the cluttered, albeit neatly organized desk.

"You are dismissed."

Without another word, Malachii turns on a heel and is gone... leaving his 'master' to his own thoughts. Releasing a mild sigh, he lightly grips his tea cup and takes a slow, deliberate sip... leaning back a bit, and settling.

"...There are some times, that I get the feeling that this is almost too simple..." He chews upon those words for a few moments, before a wide smile stretches across his aged face.

"But then... I realize just who I'm up against... and then it all begins to make some obscure form of sense. Heh heh heh heh.. hahaha... ...hahahahahahaha ha ha..."

~Fin~
    Last edited by Kizai's Legacy; Sep 3rd, 2003 at 03:49:42.
    Sometimes the "new threat" is merely an old one reborn...

Consciousness

Lunya sat alone, as usual. This new room was lit by a single notum lamp on a small table against the wall. At least here there was a light.

She'd come to prefer being alone to what happened to her when Malachii returned to wherever she was being kept. Her clothing was torn to shreds and she was stained with her own blood... bruises covered her upper arms, neck, and one side of her face. Waking up in this strange place had given her hope for a few moments, but then she'd realized she was bound to a metal pole in the small shack. Her wrists were now bleeding and severely burned from the cord that held her there near the far corner.

Leave me here to die. Don't come back...

Her head was spinning and Lunya began to drift in and out of sleep again. So much time she spent unconscious, unable to wake up, unaware of what was happening to her.

Better this way... I don't want to know what you do, Malachii. I don't want to know if you're here.

Words slurring together as the drug overtook her once more and her brain refused to function. She was talking to no one but her shadow against the wall. She'd barely noticed her ribs now showing through her paling flesh... she didn't care that she was so weak she could no longer stand on her own. Why should she bother to try standing? She couldn't get anywhere.

Suddenly, for no real reason, her eyes grew wide with fear.

"Go away... get away from me... are you here?"

Lunya's hoarse words were lost in the shadows she feared... one of those shadows might be the man who has hurt her in every way possible... the evil one who seemed to want to scar her body beyond repair and twist her mind so that she could never be whole.

You... you did it... you're why...

The sound of water rushing over the rocks... kisses upon her lips... his whispering in her ear... Malachii holding her as the water poured over the edge of the very cliff they perched upon.

Yes, I loved you, didn't I? I did... You hated me... hate is all you do. Hurt is everything... pain...

Avrik walking away from her in Reets... Malachii in the dim light in front of her as she cried... cruel words...

You wouldn't love me... hated me... hurting me...

Lunya saw herself sitting on the same rocks again... suddenly, the vision was clear... she remembered her thoughts at that moment. Then the scene left her just as she saw herself fall over the edge... she knew what happened next. She could imagine her body laying motionless and broken far below on the shore.

So you are why I did it. Yes, you... and your pain and hate... Where are you? I don't want you here... go away.

Fixing her stare on the weak notum lamp, Lunya fell into dreaming with her eyes open. She no longer saw or heard what was around her... she didn't even blink when Malachii walked through the door silently and moved toward her, his fingers closing tightly around her neck as he slowly pushed a thin needle into the skin of her right arm and smirked.

" Please" was the only word that would move past her lips... barely audible.

"Someone is asking to see you, Lunya."

Her head fell to one side as her eyes closed once more and Lunya was immersed in a death-like sleep.

"Perhaps later, then." Malachii said venomously as he tucked the syringe away.
    Juliet "Lunya" Lochlan
    ~Adventurer (retired)

The Hunted Through Mirrors:

"Where is my Judus..."

Pressed solidly to the shelter that enabled the subterfuge of his position, the agent silently concealed his movement in order to steal from the wind what the group were discussing. Who knows how long they had been waiting, he did not. He did know however... that they sought to find him. A lynch mob, he was warned. And so he began a game between these people of the Society, the betrayer to his whereabouts and himself. First, the Rompa... this is where they gathered now. Then, perhaps Baboons? As that thought passed through him it was as if they had been receiving his ideas as they began toward the direction of that nightclub. Gathering his connections, Gabriel connected to his contact to issue a new area in which to meet as this entire zone seemed to be compromised that he would be appearing here. Neuters R' Us, a small insignificant bar placed near the subways of Newland City.

Time was Gabriels friend, patience a well rewarded trait.

Doctor Handolem arrived at the Newland destination in good time, of course Gabriel had not been there for was instead watching the whom-pah as it was engaged and errupted into motion. Out walked Everwatch of the Society of Salvation along with another of whom Gabriel glimpsed at carefully as that one veered off, morphed body, mind placed within the popular Yalmaha vehicles.

"Well, well..." Gabriel mused to himself whilst formed into his own Yalmaha. "...look who we have here."

For a few more moments she stood, looking to her surroundings and possibly putting command across to those of the searching units. It was probable that the skies could be combed for his presence but it would have taken the eye of an eagle to pinpoint him in his reduced body, a problem nanobots seemed to have when the Yalmaha program was forced to run quickly when entering new areas caused ones body to become small enough to explore a robes pockets.
    Again a smattering of electronical sound flowed evenly into Gabriels mind, his own encryption language from external communications. A system that had been placed into him at some point during his questionable existence. The unseen figure gazing down upon his old employer responded to the Doctor that the situation had changed again, another area was to be considered. Just outside of the city of Borealis, mining villages. Atop of the mountain to which the mine passageways burrowed into, a relay communications dish and also the meeting place to which Gabriel will meet the Doctor. The game had been played now.

---

"Very well done my friend... very... well done. I shall also be there Malachii, watching. Do not begin to think I doubt you and what thoughts you have on this situation, that would be MY mistake. I do not make mistakes Malachii. The Doctor comes now and it is safe... ah... but you KNOW don't you? Hahaha! Oh my yes! You know! Such a delight to see this all unfold. Carry on my agent, carry on!"

---

Scanners listed all contacts surrounding the Yalmaha as he was also told that the Society were no longer watching all the whom-pah doorways. This location, unlike the others that had been chosen, was void of any other person other than the Doctor and Gabriel. As his watcher had already stated, the agent knew exactly what was being played here and although it was meant to be him, he had turned it around unknown to the hunter. A fatal mistake made by the entity seeking retribution, a full circle was going to be created now and was pacing ahead at such a velocity that when the head hit the tail... who knew what the survivor count would be.

"Mr. Malachii, good to finally see you again. My work is almost completed but I have a request to make, one that I'm sure you will have no problems entertaining the thought to."

Across the platform on which the doctor and agent now faced each other upon, the sound of air against and moving through the metal, the spaces between each moulded gap and the two males. A whistling dim howl that pushed aside hair with each passing, flapping medical cloak and rifle strap together pressing and slapping against its owner. Gabriel watched the other and what fanned out alongside and behind him. Vision trained to keep a 180 degree awareness about at all time and the remaining circle of influence was to be trusted on instinct and feeling. That inner sensation that tells you that something is amiss, that you should no longer keep to your position... that you should move on.

That feeling never came.

Because of this, Gabriel knew what was occuring. He predetermined the moves of his opponent now and was reading, clearly, the minds of his opposition. Inside he was smiling with the idea that the quarry was leading the hunters into what he lay ahead. Doctor Handolem looked expectant for a comment, trying to read the thoughts of the often silent man. The doctor realised from their first meeting that this agent differed from any he had met, Mr Malachii seemed to contain an inner power that continued to collect around him like, in effect, a humidity extractor. Underneath this all was the information he wanted. There was also the matter of the DNA Break-Down virus. It was near completion. Although there was something the assassin was keeping from him. This was expected. After being informed of others dealings with this one, the doctor would have suspected that he had the wrong person involved with his interests.

"... of course."

"When will I be able to see the second subject. Lunya wasn't it? Yes... When can I see Lunya? It would be most beneficial to our developments. I'm sure you'd agree."

"She is currently in states of most likely a self induced coma due to stresses upon her physical body. Her mind is acting in defence."

The doctor had been informed of the previous subject and the latest one. Sensuality had been tested with the emotional carrier virus, after death she returned changed through the reclaim as it was hoped. The second subject, Lunya, contained the mental scarring. The young reporter, physical pain introduced to draw out what she pleaded for. Death. But that did not come. But after she would die, the subject will remember each time she closed her eyes on what she felt that night. Tearfall came to help her and he received no backup, Omni-Pol left him alone to work with such a masterpiece of work. Only he could appreciate it. So Gabriel continued on with his project, to reintroduce the fear of ultimate end. The only ones who would know about it... were the subjects and any who would be there to study such an end.

It was agreed that the doctor could visit the second subject, Lunya. So this would occur. The other entity that made itself clear it was watching and prompted Gabriel to let the doctor know that he would indeed get his chance to look upon Lunya once she regained a sturdy level of consciousness.
    Last edited by Malachii; Sep 5th, 2003 at 10:40:34.

And so it begins.....

She sits alone in the shadows, a delicate woman clad in all black, one can barely make out her facial tattoos under her black hood. The shadows are her only true companion, the shadows will never betray her. Listening…. Listening to them talk about him. The man that has been haunting her dreams since the day she first laid her dark eyes upon him. She has been watching him from her shroud of an existence, unbeknownst to him, as usual people overlook her, look through her or maybe are afraid to look at her. She cares not one way or the other. She needs no one, only her shadows.

“A lynch mob is waiting for you…..” She sends him on his personal comm. This is going to be fun, she swirls her long index finger in the air, getting her fingers into the mix, stirring it up, throwing some of her own special ingredients into it perhaps. Her eyes shine, glow at the thought of what could lay ahead.

She feels compelled to assist him, driven, almost beyond her control but she want to, yearns to. She knows why, and that doesn’t bother her, nor does the betrayal or deceit. She is part of it, it is part of her. She slinks back against the wall out of sight, and watches the group huddled together. A tall nanomage doctor is standing before them in Rompa Bar, feeding the Society information about him. She can feel the tension in the group, it excites her. She shakes her head slowly, an evil grin slowly spreads across her lips, when will they learn? He is omnipotent always one step ahead of them; they actually think they are going to catch him. The frail figure laughs quietly to herself at their ineptness, this really is going to be fun, she loves watching others suffering. It feeds her as nothing else can, the only reason she wakes each day.

“Your “friend in white” isn’t who he says he is…..your friend “Judas”….” Her throaty, silky voice flows over his comm.

Little bits of information, that’s all she needs to give him, he knows what to do. He is in control after all, he is always in control, just letting them think that they are. He is leading them after him, a wild goose chase of sorts. There is always an underlying plan with him, he is just using them to carry out his agenda.

She shakes her head, her eyes cast down, a look of pain takes over her face…a pity really… to waste one such as him…. they feel he is a machine. And why should they not? He has made himself that way. To cope with the deceit others have cast upon him, telling him they love him. Telling him they will be with him forever only to turn their attentions to another, one less worthy but one more “safe”…. She scoffs at the thought, safe…she rolls her eyes in disgust. He has been turned for far too long to be made whole again but that’s not her motive for getting involved.

So misunderstood, the man in her thoughts, why does everyone have such a hard time understanding what is going on. They wonder why people like that exist…..it is because of them that one turns like him, like us, it is because of what we have given, what we have offered, sacrificed….. People like us didn’t start this way, we were turned this way and with good reason, to give back to them what they deserve. The oldest rule in the book, for every action there is a reaction.

She watches them march out, like lambs to the slaughter. Poor naive things. Giggling to herself, shaking with excitement almost unable to stand. Suffering, yes, suffering what a glorious thing to lay witness to, almost as much as making one feel helpless as these poor fools are feeling right now. He has what they want, he knows they want it and are willing to do anything to get it back. She wonders if he will give them back his little play thing when he is done, when he has used it up, when it is as empty and hollow inside as he is. She shivers at the thought but even better what will it be like when he is done with it. Her eyes glisten with the thought, now that is something she would like to see, cant wait to see.

She will do what she can to make sure that he gets what he is after, from her darkness she will watch and wait. Dipping her little fingers in the mix whenever she can…

Liquid Dreams:

Cold glass like sensations pressed against his back, laying his tense body down into the lengthy and aromatic grass. Spreading out arms, fingers parting to allow the glistening stems to flow across and within them, the chill spreading across his exposed neck and face as it was carried over him with the passing valley winds. Even lengthed strands of hair brushed over his forehead, closing his eyes on the enjoyment of the ongoing chill bringing down the temperature of deep thought and constant scenario building. The outcome of each acceptable, yet hazy in the mist of confused voices over voices all whispering their loves, hates... a collection and merging of the two often can be heard barely over the fusing of predictions. Pushing the slightest of breath out it was decided that the statements within could continue on without an attempt on ignorance, too much energy was required. At this point he humbled himself to everything surrounding him. Even to the cities that he left behind to seperate himself away, to be in a comforting solitute, trust came to him, from him.

Nobody else.

...no one left.

... there's no one left! Gripping the sides of a nearby railing he felt the tremors vibrating up through his forearm as he braced against the stairwell, ever aware of the warmth continuing to exit through a tear in his upper thigh. Blinded by that blast he pressed onward, fueled by determination, his will to live. Assumption took control, the bottom of the stairwell was reached thinking another few steps were yet to come for his body to slide down. This was untrue. Emitting a rasping shout of energy through the jagged, rough pain that brought him down into the broken remains of what used to hold together as a cemented wall. Palms thrust toward the floor on instinct, his brain then reminding him of the shattered bone and torn muscles in his right arm. No one left. The warmth touched his face as lay there, breathing in dust. There was no one left.

"Oh yes of course I can do it!" Bearnorm looked to the sky with a sound clicking from his mouth, jeering at those who doubted him. There was a riposte, from those gathered around the soldier, of hissing and the odd occassional 'boo' that fired up Bearnorm with a fiery passion rekindled on the personal goal below. All being well and true, it still didn't convince those around him that he could take the fall from the High Rise. He didn't.
    David Angel made his way to the reclaim terminal to pick up and dust off his friend and companion. Third time he'd done that now. All in the same day. Bearnorm and Angel had trained together during their beginning years after joining the Corporation, now progressing themselves through the paces to gain ranking positions for the company. Right now though, at that point, they wanted drink, they wanted to watch the dancers of Rompa whilst ordering more glasses of intoxicants. They would both have, yet again, another good night ...

... blurring shadows swirled around over head, toying between them what little light dared enter that room. The pain had ebbed into a numbing calm which enabled limited movement. Head light, senses dizzy... all from the loss of what the wounds upon his body could not contain, aware that it lay decorated upon the stairway and trailing behind. The flames were distinct through hearing, now clearing through the chimes caused by the ... detonation. Or had it been more chaotic than that? Perhaps an explosion caused by... it wasn't certain. Resting his buttocks against a wall, heaving yellow tar from his throat and mouth, he heard a familiar voice. Eyebrows knotted together through a combination of frustration, despair, confusion and anger formed into a relaxed shape across his forehead, looking to the shapes that moved before him. He could see... someone. He could hear them but could not recognise the vocal structure now. Whoever it was, made no attempt at hostile action, placing it aside for a civilian, a bystander but the haze that could have been there, was not. The figure that may have stood there no longer existed. There was no one left, perhaps not even him... he staggered out of the building...

... ut when will it be rea.... So that's how it all goes to pla... ...right now?

Yes... he is awake. Rather aware. See. Watch this.

Hahaha, very good work. When can I talk to him?

I am sure we'll agree to allow you a little time with him now, he is conscious.

Hello there, take this to mind... You are going to help quite a few people my friend... my friend. Friend... ...end.

No one... left. No one.

The wind had picked up as the solitary figure that lay across the grassy bank lifted himself from the pressed ground. Cleaning his dark lenses on a soft cloth, he opens his eyes and places his arms upon his knees, drawing them up to his body. Alone in thought. Staring out across the river and finding his place among the night sky, twin moons and stars lighting up the waters before him, moving toward the City. For a moment he turned his head toward the destination of the flow, only reminding himself that there was no one there left for him. There never was, never had, never will be. Turning once more to cast his gaze across to the opposite hills, releasing a sigh that heightened his hidden, buried sadness. The volume of questions increased again.

He waited for nothing.

He waited for none.
    Last edited by Malachii; Sep 12th, 2003 at 14:54:52.

Light

She was dreaming again. Such a vivid dream. Perhaps enhanced by the drugs he had forced into her, or the sickess that had taken over her mind. Dreams were more real than reality now...

So bright... Lunya had not seen daylight in months now. Her eyes were dark and bloodshot, her skin had become pale, the bruises stood out nicely on such white skin. But the light was warm and comforting... there was a light breeze that caressed her battered and aching body. Soft cloth of some sort was pulled around her, and she was lifted up.

Not you... not you... let me go! Please, don't touch me!

Again, her subconscious panicked and Lunya's mind drifted elsewhere. Away from this hell...

"The crying never ends... it never stops. Tears echos back like the call for help from a lost one upon the initial powerful, screaming plea.

But before long, one gets used to it. One gives up calling for the help that never comes."

Yes, give up... and forget it. Leave it behind... let my body suffer, I will save my mind from you. You will not destroy all of me.

Lunya's eyes barely opened as she was carefully laid down on the hard ground in a strange place. Who was this person? His face was different, new... but she felt the chill inside her.

"Malachii... please... no!" Lunya's lips barely moved, only small sounds escaped.

She felt the warm cloak pulled around her once more as he knelt down. Her body shook violently and her vision blurred with tears. Fear and paranoia flooded every cell in her damaged body, every neuron in her brain.

He kissed her forehead briefly and was gone just as she began to convulse. She knew he was there. He must be... he was watching her... testing her... tormenting her...

Sky above her... the moons and stars dimly illuminating the heavens. Lunya stared blankly into space, allowed herself to be hypnotized but the shimmering lights. The cool night breeze touched her face and hands, but did not penetrate the white cloak he had for some reason dressed her with.

Lunya took a deep breath of the crisp, clean night air. She had learned now to expect any breath may be her last...

Juliet "Lunya" Lochlan
    ~Adventurer (retired)

Violent into Destiny

Images ploughed into his reason in wreckless and chaotic motion to that which would have been laid out in a simple line of action. To this flood he would rise against and fight in one last streak of inner rebellion, the constant fighting will soon stop as it had to. Eyelids closed over what invited him ahead, cooed his mind into controlling steps to press on with calm abandon. There was a sweetness to the tastes that flowed into his throat and he had to stop. Birds danced, water flowed, warmth flowed and a heart beat strong. Lungs released smoothly into the air around his mouth and dispersed to which his journey continued away from his last stand. One moment that he controlled in his memories that he could hold, he could recite.

There is nothing. Etched into the eternal now I am, I am and always will be. Forced rusting arguments flake to a corrosive test of will and spiritual casualties. It all ends, has ended. Nothing? Perhaps I fool myself with ignorance. I have done my deeds with no sensing of shame, of guilt... no remorse. I can not allow to what does not exist.

This one last action now puts an end to my only saving grace. It will end this chapter for I know it draws to a close very soon. My destinies are apparent yet opaque still. No matter.

I... am associate to Nothing. I will not feel. I will simply, not be.

An end, yes. Gabriel had to lose to gain. The final test was yet to occur and would arrive in physical form soon and in that moment when it all snaps in a violent slashing arch of what is to be, Gabriel could continue into the grey, to be dorment to when he was summoned again.
    The Doctor, Omni-Pol, Shadow Ops and the Society would soon discover that the hunted and played would hold the final set of cards to end the game they sought to play. It was provoked, of course. A consideration to turn stopped him yet again in his tracks.

Am I leaving them behind again, no... they left me. No... no I left me, they left themselves... or is that clear and evident truth. I leave her. The unit has been compromised in deceit. The Priest, he left us to a final fate. Wait... that was then. This is now my time. Indeed... she has been released. She has been blessed, strengthened although she does not yet know this. I return her to life. Her life. For now.

Lunya lay across on the grass, the pleasant chill from the morning grass filtered into her mind. No more pain this time. In that moment it would be gentle pleasures of the senses. Gabriel did not turn to look back for he knew that would simply lead to a further questioning of himself to The Priest and the Commander. Dark angels never seek answers, they find their own, he was told. Or rather, informed.

"Malachii... no..." She mumbled with the rising consciousness of her mind, most likely confused why the pressured thoughts had ebbed into comfort.

It would clear. He made sure of that. He had calmed his face against the bitterness he held for her and what she stood for in his mind. What was, did not matter now. The change was forced... but was enough to satisfy the part that resided within that wanted a more sinister and deadly approach to dealing with this. The battle would end soon. The final kiss as he left was the marker to that end as he continued away. He made the call and she would be found soon.

Within minutes, the battle he fought... was lost. He knew that it would be pointless to fight against himself and win as it would not be possible. Clawing what compassion he had left, all that would have saved one he had once loved, had cared for in his new existance was now saved. He let go. Flowing down the tide and the hatred entered into his veins once again, he turned with what drove him on, what forced his hand. In moments of entering his apartment he was staring into the face of his fears. Swallowed down and devoured, Gabriel saw the face of what destroyed him.

His eyes held nothing but hate, face contorted to the burned emotions that blew away with the wind of change searing his true form before him. Edges of a razor took away the sides of hair that once was there and in their place he took to forming shapes, tattooing into his cheeks and around his eyes.

The Commander would be pleased.

In the silence of dulled thought, Malachii Gabriel flowed and drowned into the black, frozen waters. Trapped behind the thick ice wall that now imprisoned him from the world that existed above him. This was how it was going to be. He had already been told this and fighting it would have been... foolish.

The Doctor and those that wanted Gabriel destroyed would soon find this out. In fatal means.