Thread: Compact Message Datadisc

Compact Message Datadisc

Can you tell me what this does? I picked it up in SL its a green object no drop and unique

desc

Compact Message Datadisc
    NODROP UNIQUE
    Quality level:SPECIAL
    Charges: 1 (Splitable)
    Description:
    This is a proprietary message format encoded onto a flat plastic disc.

There's a label attached to the face of the disc that reads:

To: Seeker Aban Kald-Nuir

Re: Narunkt

It's for one of new SL quests...you need to give it to Seeker Aban Kald-Nuir (it's sided quest). But don't do it now, since quest is bugged...hopefully today's patch will fix it.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge
    It's for one of new SL quests...you need to give it to Seeker Aban Kald-Nuir (it's sided quest). But don't do it now, since quest is bugged...hopefully today's patch will fix it.
    Can you say how its bugged Trgeorge? I havent seen or recieved any reports of that quest not working.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Step 1 : You can't accept trade of disc with Seeker (it just lies in trade window, hitting accept button doesn't do anything)
    Step 2 : After you decline trade, disc visually disapears from your inventory.
    Step 3 : Any additional trade with Seeker results in same thing.
    Step 4 : Reloging doesn't help, while invisible and not occupying any inv spaces, you do have those unique items (you can't loot any more)
    Step 5 : You can get items back with opening trade to another player and declining, even if you zoned and/or relogged.
    Step 6 : Seeker will still not accept your items, but at least they won't disapear this time
    Result : You can't complete quests

Sil, this was reported both on forums and in-game. And please don't suggest emails, since bugs reported via that are still unresolved after 3 years. Even if it would requiere small fix like buffing up walls so players wouldn't end up below mesh.

I've done the quests without getting one bug. And I haven't heard of anyone else having problems with them either. Maybe you just got unlucky.

It's not singular occurance, guildy of mine experienced it too. So there might be more such players, but frankly, I have no info on that.

Working fine on Test (16.2.1.3) and has always done.

Have you at an earlier point given Seeker a disc , and then stop NPC chat so you didnt get a mission ?

Or have you had disc mission timeout or deleted it ?
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

Metaing, let's just call it undocumented feature, ok? Been told off already today becouse of this issue.

I am still seeing this same problem.