Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lots of 'game is dead'...

instead of complaining how empty it is you should rather resub and help with solving this issue
    SPARTANS
    We bow down before no man.
    Recruiting Thread | Website

Quote Originally Posted by Iorekzix View Post
    instead of complaining how empty it is you should rather resub and help with solving this issue
    I did, but that didn't change the fact that the game felt empty. You can read my post on page 1 to understand my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    People are seriously exaggerating, nothing wrong with AO.
    Not sure if this was sarcasm or not so I'll just take it as you meant it.

Whenever I see threads like this one, I notice that the original poster fails to include any information about themselves such as:

- What faction they play
    - What timezone they play in
    - If they prefer solo or team content
    - What level range they enjoy playing in most
    - How much they PvM versus PvP when in-game

All of the above factors have an impact on how any given player perceives the state of the game.

I play Clanside, USA evenings, prefer team content and enjoy TL7 PvM the most though I would LOVE to be able to get some time with my PvP toons at lower levels.

I'm not sure what categories the other posters fall in to but I can tell you there is a HUGE difference between primetime Euro and primetime USA. When I was able to jump in and play during Europe's primetime, the game still felt empty but there were maybe 3-4 times as many people on LFT, spamming Dnet/Neutnet, talking in OOC, hanging around OA in comparison to logging on later on in the day for the USA primetime where the game felt like it was on its last leg.

Just something to think about.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I play Clanside, USA evenings, prefer team content and enjoy TL7 PvM the most though I would LOVE to be able to get some time with my PvP toons at lower levels.
    You can always do some TL5 PVP versus multiboxers

Yeah I feel like the game is a little empty, but it doesn't seem any worse than before the servers merged, its seem a little better right now honestly. Finding INF teams is hit or miss, if dnet and neutnet weren't around it would be much worse to find teams. I honestly find it easier than back in the day relying only on LFT. As far as lower leveling your options are duel log and powerlevel then sit on kite hill until you can goto inf honestly. No one does crips, nanc hecks, tiggs, elly hecks ect... its damn near impossible to find an old school team in the lower levels which really sucks.

If I didn't have a froob agent and a second paid account to get buffs and duel log through stuff I don't think anything would ever happen. Its damn near impossible to find buffs, it was easier to powerlevel a froob agent up to 125 and be able to get behe/sfa/moochies ect whenever I need them instead of standing around spamming.

I'm on the clan side US and in the morning/afternoon I see the most people, then around 2am central time it starts picking up again, i'd say between 6-midnight US (-6gmt) is about the worst time for seeing people around which makes me think a lot of people don't play from the US.

I do find though that there just might not be as many people standing around at the grid or on the hill, people are around out doing stuff ect. It's sort of a double edged sword honestly. Back in the day people could spend weeks trying to OD trashking because he was always camped now its easy to go kill him however it is irrelevant now. So many quest related things don't have spawn times that make it easy to do them if more than one person is trying to do it. Even waiting around 10 minutes to kill a prisoner that someone just killed as you landed is pretty damn annoying.

all these discussions are basically a semantic argument over the meaning of 'dead'. the thing that should matter is whether it is fun for a returning player or not.

and it IS fun for a returning player.

but you should have some expectations set in terms of finding a lot of people to team with etc.

It is completely unnecessary but if you are into it, dual logging and triple logging can be more fun and self reliant as with the current level of gear in the game, an incomplete team is more than enough to conquer 'team' content.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I did, but that didn't change the fact that the game felt empty. You can read my post on page 1 to understand my experience.
    Sorry Jill - no offense. It was rather dumb to just state that you should reactivate without even knowing your issues!
    Personally i play in european timezone and i can say that - apart from summerweakness - the population seems to be okay for me and doesent really differ to last summer.

still i wonder why the us-timezone lacks players so badly since i know actually quiet a bunch from us playing with me and also i have the feeling that the later my evening gets the more players are there to team with.

Quote Originally Posted by semisentient View Post
    all these discussions are basically a semantic argument over the meaning of 'dead'. the thing that should matter is whether it is fun for a returning player or not.

and it IS fun for a returning player.

but you should have some expectations set in terms of finding a lot of people to team with etc.

It is completely unnecessary but if you are into it, dual logging and triple logging can be more fun and self reliant as with the current level of gear in the game, an incomplete team is more than enough to conquer 'team' content.
    true words spoken
    SPARTANS
    We bow down before no man.
    Recruiting Thread | Website

Very often, especially on these forums I've been accused of whining, some people take any form of criticism as whining, like it's not constructive to criticize or complain.

I can't say stop telling people to stop complaining and resub because that criticism could actually be helpful to some people, push them to resub and keep resubing.

But...

I have had a lot of issues with this game... the population has been bad for years and I've been complaining about it for years.

And my problems with the game have pushed me to make suggestions, suggestions that where put into the game.

Complaining can open peoples minds to problems and resolutions.

The fact is there are population issues and it would be nice if funcom tries harder to populate the game.

I suggested the $5 sl program, apparently it didn't make funcom enough money or didn't bring many new players.

I've made a lot of suggestions over the years and agreed with a lot of other peoples suggestions.

The $5 sl didn't work, they could of and still can try opening sl zones to froobs.

I'm sure there are a lot of suggestions on how to entice more people to come check out AO.
    Give-aways,Events, make more videos ...does Anarchy Online even have it's own youtube channel?

They can use the community to help promote the game.

People "complaining" seems more helpful to me then telling people to shut up and resub.

There are so many Naysayers who keep saying everything is fine with the population and we are all just cry babies.

I just don't understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by juggaloklown View Post
    There are so many Naysayers who keep saying everything is fine with the population and we are all just cry babies.

I just don't understand that.
    simply saying 'game is dead' = crybaby. pure and simple. it is not true, it is misleading, it is an exaggeration, it is not constructive in any way, and it happens often on the forums. plenty of returning players are having a good time, even you yourself say it is fun for a few months every time you return.

there is no conceivable constructiveness because funcom is obviously for getting more players. they don't need this whine thread to suddenly come to the realization that people want more players and that is a good thing.

this is distinct from describing the current state of the game to potential returning players tho, as that is constructive and people do want to know. and it is also distinct from providing suggestions on how to populate the game, neither of which people will mistake for complaining or whining.

Advantages of low population:
    - Camp like a hermit without disruption
    - Very poor trade encourages hoarding
    - Pocket teams
    - Role-play with your ALTs
    - Acquiring an OSB is now a quest
    - The abandoned subway lives up to its name
    - Fewer lag problems
    - Very brief org meetings

Actually those aren't really advantages, sorry my bad.

simply saying 'game is dead' = crybaby. pure and simple. it is not true, it is misleading, it is an exaggeration, it is not constructive in any way, and it happens often on the forums. plenty of returning players are having a good time, even you yourself say it is fun for a few months every time you return.

there is no conceivable constructiveness because funcom is obviously for getting more players. they don't need this whine thread to suddenly come to the realization that people want more players and that is a good thing.

this is distinct from describing the current state of the game to potential returning players tho, as that is constructive and people do want to know. and it is also distinct from providing suggestions on how to populate the game, neither of which people will mistake for complaining or whining.
    Interesting view point, but horrifically ignorant to the point I don't really believe that a real person could have it, except as an abstract as a means to demonstrate how utter ignorance and or bigotry works in a disscusion frame work,

Ok first statement, oh dear, this is not a good starting point "game is dead= cry baby" face palm doesn't really cut it as for how terrible this is as an opening line, it is either A) pure flame bait and in that case you utterly failed to understand your audience.
    B) you are just that stupid, that it still seems like a good idea to use other group of peoples indignation as a means to justify yourself by quite poorly attempting to "stir things up" either way utter fail.

You almost got to the truth of it in you second statement with " it is not true, it is misleading" yes your post is but people stating the fact that they find the game to be so from their own experience does not make them anything you care to mention, only people expressing what they find and what they feel, you however seem to want to dismiss this and use insults to support your position, something you do not have in any shape or form at this point.

"there is no conceivable constructiveness because funcom is obviously for getting more players."

Do you realize; now that you're sober how stupid you just made yourself look with that line of drivel ?

"this is distinct from describing the current state of the game to potential returning players tho, as that is constructive and people do want to know. and it is also distinct from providing suggestions on how to populate the game, neither of which people will mistake for complaining or whining. "

What ? I mean really what where you smoking when you wrote that?
    Some advice for you " is put the crack pipe down, and don't post right after using it in future."
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

I'm sure there are a lot of suggestions on how to entice more people to come check out AO.
    Give-aways,Events, make more videos ...does Anarchy Online even have it's own youtube channel?
    I like this. Give-aways and Events.
    I remember back in 2005/2006 when on DNW we had almost regular events with GMs and ARKs.
    Granted, that was when RP was still a thing.
    Anyways, it brought the community together. You hung out, you talked to people you had never seen before and very often you ended up as friends and leveled together, helped each other etc.
    This could really make a change and ****e up the dreary everyday life in AO. Not to mention that seeing a good community will make people come back to get a piece of the cake too.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Starting playing at launch. Compared to then the game population is frightenly low. Crowd control in a zone happened during prime time US back in 2001/early 2002. Want a team or to buy something stand outside Fair Trade in Tir and one of the 100+ toons there could fill the bill.

The hill by OA Grid would have so many people standing on it that you could not determine who was who. Was not uncommon to sit in the grid, take a screen shot and then be able to count hundred of players on the ground floor in the screen shot. This is the AO that I miss. Against that measure the game has a significantly smaller population now.

In 2008 you could go to the temple and your GS# could easily be in the 30's. Now I routinely see GS 3 or 4 as the highest. With GS #'s in the 30's that was over 480 toons just doing ToTW.

In 2008 the LFT page for Inf missions alone was nearly 100 people anytime of the day or night that logged in. If there are 10 people LFT for anything now it is a surprising day. In 2008 I joined an org that usually had 20-24 active people during US Primetime. We were considered back then to be a small org. I read forums post now that people talk about there large active org and that they have 20-24 people online during whatever prime time. It does not take rocket science to see all the indicators that active population is much smaller now.

Is the game dead? No, but we are clearly at the population level that has any non-prime time play feeling like you are playing on an empty server. Truth of the matter is, for people that play outside high activity times the game does feel dead. I don't discredit their view point, in fact I wish something could be done to fix that problem. FC has built a game that spread out the players very effectively. There is no reason to congregate anywhere in mass and that hurts the game. The feeling of fullness to a game goes along way to supporting the MMO part of the category.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Do you realize; now that you're sober how stupid you just made yourself look with that line of drivel ?
    About a second after I swallowed water from my water bottle, I read that.....I'm glad I didn't read it a second earlier because there would have been water all over my monitor.

You and some others don't see or feel there is a problem with the population or maybe... it just doesn't effect your gameplay. I don't understand it/I can't relate to that.

But I'm glad some people are happy...I just wish I could be too.Thats where my "crying" is coming from.

But I pointed out how the population has effected my gameplay I have also shared my opinions on how to possibly bring in more players. I am not just complaining.

The population is low....that is a fact..not just my opinion. It's especially obvious to people who played before 2010. And compared to crappy mmorpg's out there it's extremely low.

I just resubed my 5$ sl account an hour ago and I spent like 30 minutes of that trying to find sfa.

Im already regretting resubing.

I sent tells to like 6 doc's none responded one i actually followed around for a minutes and they wheren't, they just ignored me...so I sat in front of FT in bor for a few minutes asking in vicinity if any of the docs would give me sfa...one doc wasn't afk because they said something to someone else in vicinity.

So I switched to asking in OOC... no help so I went to AO and asked in OOC and got sfa a few minutes later.

So I learned asking people in tells for buffs doesn't work anymore, I will have to start using OOC first i guess.

One of the things I don't like about AO and a low population effects it... is that "things" take ALOT of time. I used to have so much time to waste.
    Last edited by juggaloklown; Jul 18th, 2014 at 01:19:11.

you should have a froob account with a 200 agent for buffing purposes......

Quote Originally Posted by batesy03 View Post
    you should have a froob account with a 200 agent for buffing purposes......

I can't really stand playing froob past subway and totw twinking I have a 120 trader and 110 agent so i could wrangle the agent to cast the sfa but that it's annoying and really shouldn't have too.

I'd rather shoot myself in the head then level a froob agent to 200, lol, ok maybe not shoot myself in the head but I don't think I'd be able to level a froob let alone a froob agent.... I don't really like playing agent only reason I have a 110 froob agent is because i tripple logged enf and nt to level my froob accounts... by 110 I couldn't go on.

I just resubed my 5$ sl account an hour ago and I spent like 30 minutes of that trying to find sfa.

Im already regretting resubing.

I sent tells to like 6 doc's none responded one i actually followed around for a minutes and they wheren't, they just ignored me...so I sat in front of FT in bor for a few minutes asking in vicinity if any of the docs would give me sfa...one doc wasn't afk because they said something to someone else in vicinity.

So I switched to asking in OOC... no help so I went to AO and asked in OOC and got sfa a few minutes later.

So I learned asking people in tells for buffs doesn't work anymore, I will have to start using OOC first i guess.

One of the things I don't like about AO and a low population effects it... is that "things" take ALOT of time. I used to have so much time to waste.
    I found out yesterday that Omni don't buff clan. Period.

I've never felt that such faction exclusion was necessary unless it was clear that the person you were buffing is a PVPer going straight to a clan tower site... but that's such a far cry nowadays with any Omni PVPers being 20x logged with 3 MB teams and a fixer on standby for fgrids.

ya, actually, I'm pretty sad that Omni refuse to buff clan, I mean, it's not like clans are heading to your towers sites to try to go 1 vs 40 or whatever it is these days. Thanks but no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post

I've never felt that such faction exclusion was necessary unless it was clear that the person you were buffing is a PVPer going straight to a clan tower site... but that's such a far cry nowadays with any Omni PVPers being 20x logged with 3 MB teams and a fixer on standby for fgrids.

ya, actually, I'm pretty sad that Omni refuse to buff clan, I mean, it's not like clans are heading to your towers sites to try to go 1 vs 40 or whatever it is these days. Thanks but no thanks.

I don't pay attention to sides, Maybe the ones who ignored me in Bor where omni.

Back when Bor was crowded and crashed multiple times a day I'd get people refusing to buff me because of my faction..but they would respond to tell me they don't buff clan. And that was so many years ago when people where pvp'ing all over Bor and rubi-ka.

Like you said, it doesn't make sense, especially now, and the thought that people are ignoring me in Bor because of my faction never crossed my mind .

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post

that certainly is not representative. i even stand in oa quite often flagged and buff clans.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    that certainly is not representative. i even stand in oa quite often flagged and buff clans.
    bahahahha

I see what you did thar

Can't you aren't smart!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast