Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 28th, 2010- Concealment please

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Issue we would like help with:

We have had reports of players becoming "stuck" in sneak-mode and having to manually cancel this state to exit it. We have managed to reproduce this...but at a rate that is incredibly rare and not nearly predictable enough for us to be able to fix it. If this happens to you on a regular basis it would be great if you could try and let us know exactly what the circumstances are...as this would be incredibly helpful in our efforts to remove the issue.

Don't know how easy this is to reproduce, but I've had this happen on the bs on my agent when I hide more or less at the same time as another player is starting attack on me. Presumably I'm hidden on my client, but not yet on the server...

We have had reports of players becoming "stuck" in sneak-mode and having to manually cancel this state to exit it. We have managed to reproduce this...but at a rate that is incredibly rare and not nearly predictable enough for us to be able to fix it. If this happens to you on a regular basis it would be great if you could try and let us know exactly what the circumstances are...as this would be incredibly helpful in our efforts to remove the issue.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Happens to me whenever I sneak just before a mob aggros me, mob aggros but sneak isn't cancelled.

I'll do some testing see if I can reproduce it reliably though.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lektronik View Post
    Wow, I feel bad for agents and shades. Funcom keeps them broken for 2-3 weeks as if it's no big deal and makes them wait on a patch with several other fixes before getting fixed themselves.

I wonder how "Means & Co." would feel if they had to wait beforehand for 5-10 seconds every time they wanted to make a simple action IRL...

...oh wait, based on how long the new engine is taking, I'm guessing they very well know how it feels.....
    Actually it's more 1-5 seconds, which is quite interesting really when you consider that they were planning on putting a ~3 second execution on it anyway with the rebalancing.

Gives some insight into how annoying the ~3 second AS is going to be, doesn't it?
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Actually it's more 1-5 seconds, which is quite interesting really when you consider that they were planning on putting a ~3 second execution on it anyway with the rebalancing.

Gives some insight into how annoying the ~3 second AS is going to be, doesn't it?
    Awsum! It means, next one will be just about ready to fire off, once you execute the first one.

/sarcasms
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    It was in the 18.3.4 patch notes also mentioned here regarding the beacon warp problem. While I remembered it as the next update the actual wording was "an upcoming update." Although after exploit and emergency patches it stands to reason it would come in the next planed patch.
    Thanks Phoenix. I'd actually read those threads but since you stated 'next patch' I figured you had some info that I didn't.

I'm still wondering when that 'upcoming patch' will take place (this month, next month, etc) since it hasn't been mentioned in over 2 weeks and Memorial Day marks the 3-week point on the release of the new playfields.. There also has been no mention (or recognition) that I could find of the other issues besides beacon warp (i.e. no message when you enter one city after leaving another) though I can only assume they are related to the map issue (I guess.. I'm not a game programmer).

I'd still like some Funcom input on this. It has been proven time and time again that player assumptions on their priority list and timeline are majorly wrong. Thank you for taking the time to post the links though.. much appreciated.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Anarchy Online was released on June 27, 2001, correct?

If so, that means that we have a ninth anniversary coming up in less than a month, yet no PR/articles have been done on any websites that are dedicated to MMORPGs.

Despite the whole "we will do serious advertising & marketing once the X, Y & Z changes are done & we are releasing the graphics engine update" mentality, Funcom should still be taking immediate advantage of the FREE public relations opportunities that the ninth anniversary will offer. Not only to get a few more people signing up for the game, but also to make sure the recently common FUBAR of waiting until 2 hours after an event starts to announce it is not done anymore. Your current playerbase does actually have a life outside of this game & would appreciate it greatly to be informed as soon as possible of the planned events, to ensure we can fit some events into our schedules.

Even the crappy cookie cutter <insert well known geographical location here> F2P MMOs that everyone loves to hate give a months notice for their minor events. Something like a ninth anniversary should be considered a significant achievement & treated as such... graphics update in the future or not.

Get someone to do a couple "the state of AO after 9 years... the past, present & future" interviews or at least spend 10 minutes to write a PR blurb about how AO has overcome this & that & is now celebrating 9 years, plus include a list of the parties & promo phatz people could receive during the celebration.

Come on Funcom. Don't drop the PR ball again. It has happened so much over the past few years for so many major events that you're looking like a basketball player, dribbling the ball in preparation for another foul shot.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    /snip

Well spoken truth!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

If so, that means that we have a ninth anniversary coming up in less than a month, yet no PR/articles have been done on any websites that are dedicated to MMORPGs.

Despite the whole "we will do serious advertising & marketing once the X, Y & Z changes are done & we are releasing the graphics engine update" mentality, Funcom should still be taking immediate advantage of the FREE public relations opportunities that the ninth anniversary will offer...
    They haven't done PR in advance of the last 8 anniversaries, no reason to expect different now. I don't expect PR to lift a finger until the engine hits.

The Penumbra rubberband is a mess now. Please fix this major problem.
    Ceenah 165/20 NT

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah View Post
    The Penumbra rubberband is a mess now. Please fix this major problem.
    i almost had to put on glasses while running up into inferno from pen sanctuary statue because every 50 feet, i would warp back 40 feet, then run another 50 feet, warp back 40 feet again. cant put yourself on autorun, because when you get warped back, you go off autorun. almost like the server is behaving as though the new runspeed changes are in effect, but yet on client side the old runspeed rules are still there, at least for pen anyways.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

The old bug with hp bars not updating has returned. You have to 't' the person in order to find out whether or not they need a heal.
    Nelle, RK2 Clan Keeper
    Triskweline, RK2 Clan NT
    Zubrus, Grumpy Old Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Triskweline View Post
    The old bug with hp bars not updating has returned. You have to 't' the person in order to find out whether or not they need a heal.
    That never left. FC managed to reduce it to occurring about 5-10 % of the time in teams, but they never really fixed it.

Oh, I thought it was the return of the awful days when it did this constantly.

I was helping a lowbie get some xp, and it was probably the multiple dings that triggered it.
    Nelle, RK2 Clan Keeper
    Triskweline, RK2 Clan NT
    Zubrus, Grumpy Old Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Triskweline View Post
    an orgmate a few days ago figured out exactly what causes this and made up a bugsy report on it (he used to be COT so doesn't surprise me). honestly, it is such an obvious reason why team window bugs up that i feel dumb for not figuring it out after many years of dealing with it.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

About the sneak thing:

I also get this when I get attacked very shortly after I started sneaking. I manage to sneak but am attacked anyway. I also think it's a sync issue.
    Nesjamag 220/30/70 Shade
    Nesjamah 220/23/69 MP
    Nesjahero 150/16/42 Keeper
    Nesjasol 220/26/58 Soldier
    Nesjawild 150/19/35 Advy

The Asylum

bump
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Every single profession is underpowered when compared to advys. Learn to live with it. At last they dont alphakill you so you are not underpowered but rather somewhere near the very top of the food chain.

so aliens crawl dungeons now? is it just me, or that approach is just wrong, since aliens came from sky....

open space instance is more friendly then some dark forsaken dungeon.
    my 2 cents
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

Quote Originally Posted by m00003 View Post
    so aliens crawl dungeons now? is it just me, or that approach is just wrong, since aliens came from sky....

my 2 cents
    Aliums mine for notum, you know.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Aliums mine for notum, you know.
    notum-infused alien weapons?
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by m00003 View Post

my 2 cents
    "dungeon" is just a blanket-term. S10 is considered a dungeon.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast