Thread: Collector does not destroy everything: an experiment

Collector does not destroy everything: an experiment

Just a list I started, mentally at first, now physically! Based on the posted loot already, or more precisely, on what items are not listed so far.

Reasons to still do Pande:
    Zods loot
    QL300 Symbiants
    Beast Armor
    Beast Weapons
    Profession Star
    TNH Belts

Reasons to still do APFs (normal):
    AXP
    Hadrulf Belt
    HHAB parts

Reasons to still do APF42:
    ACDC (assured drop)
    IPR device
    AXP

Reasons to still do Vort/Mit/12m:
    Phat buff
    Xan Symbiants
    Weapon upgrades
    Token board parts
    Stellar Deck Parts

Reasons to still do Alba:
    Tradeable/sellable bracer parts
    HUD item parts
    PB Rings
    Vision preserver etc

Reasons to still do DB1:
    phat buff (honestly most people doing it these days are only seeking this)

Reasons to still do DB2:
    phat buff
    Perfected bracer parts

And yeah, maybe everything nice from Tara does drop. But the place is 9 years old and 90% of the time is killed by an raidforce of AFKers. Clearly, you cannot just level to 220, farm collector for a week and be done. But it certainly speeds things up.

Honestly I think it is a step by FC to address the fact that population is terrible and a lot of things only get done with people multilogging. Although the whole thing is basically standard FC fodder - tank doc crat profit. with a crat the instance is easy, without...well those green bastards arent very nice ;p

Disclaimer: I been to collector 3 times and the best thing i got was a gph. and i already had an igph.

If you have more items to add to this list, contribute pl0x
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

also the collector will not tuck you in at night and tell you it loves you
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)

BUMP....

Make formal Loot List

Reserved

Wake up dewd, no one will ever do 42 again.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Errr welcome to RK1 Ciekafsky, we complete maybe one s42 a month unless you are in Spartans

He means now that this instance is here, ppl will be less likely to go to S42. Telling about the past says nothing about the future in this context so please try and understand before posting
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Good riddance, that place is abysmal anyway. Not everyone has enough time to farm points for months and attend dozens of raids (if they run at all, current playerbase is too small for s42) just to get outbid or die.

I agree with this thread, and typed out a version of it, but it was really ugly so I didn't post it. Yours is much better!

The bottom line is that if Collector stays like it was yesterday, the prices of everything you can get via collector will plummet, and the prices of stuff you can't will go way up.

I'm willing to be we'll see beast weapons and weapon upgrades for 300-500m each. Not to mention the high prices that 240+ ofab types will continue to command.

It will be a lot less profitable to farm Alb and DB2 for the bracers, and s42 will almost entirely die off imho. HHAB parts are reportedly dropping in Collector, but the helm upgrade isn't, nor are explosif's pillows. Also, you can note that no OFAB armor or weapons are in Collector.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    check the update notes...
    with the collector, also came 3 AC spawns.

having a 0.001 chance of getting ACDC or bots to drop from collector
    VS
    >80% chance to get them to drop from at least 1 of the ACs your group was assigned to

I think I'll stick with s42. which reminds me... *calls up the spartans*
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    Reasons to still do APFs (normal):
    AXP
    Hadrulf Belt
    HHAB parts
    Unfortunately i Looted a ready made HH@B with penu update, so that drops too from collectors. BUT i agree with your opinion 100%

Tara:
    Froobs might get a chance to go there now too!
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

Sample size is too small to tell what really drops; try that list in a month.

Problem becomes not that you need to do the other raids for loot, it's that you can't find enough people to do them as half their needs are from this one place; then you're back to having to duallog or w/e.

Wait, so is there a reason to actually do the Collector instance? lol.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Wait, so is there a reason to actually do the Collector instance? lol.
    Punting shades isn't enough?
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

No, a poorly designed and repetitive mechanic where your success is based on how laggy the servers are is not enough.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot