Thread: As a neutral can i switch side post 200?

As a neutral can i switch side post 200?

As a neutral can i switch side post 200?

yes/no?

i know that you cant switch side if you allready are omni/clan post 200.

thanks!

There are no ql200+ application forms, so would be hard to change side
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    That would make it interesting wouldn't it

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    Actually, there are QL201+ application forms:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=81758

IIRC, you can't change side after 201 if you're omni or clan. If you are neutral you can, and this are the application forms that should be used.

Originally posted by Poderosa

Actually, there are QL201+ application forms:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=81758

IIRC, you can't change side after 201 if you're omni or clan. If you are neutral you can, and this are the application forms that should be used.
    Ohh cool, I had totally missed those, they didn't exist when I checked last time this question was posted

My wrong, sorry for giving wrong info
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

If you've started gaining shadow knowledge, you cannont cange sides. You will be stuck as Omni/Clan/Neutral. Remember the "Do you want to commit to your side?" type message box?

If you're level 200 and haven't started gaining Shadow Knowledge (answered no to the message box) then you can change sides using a Ql201 application (which can only be found in L201 pick up item missions). If you've activated Shadowlands, you'll have to monkey with your faction (but not gain Shadow Knowledge!) a bit to switch sides. If you haven't activated shadowlands, you can simply use the form to switch sides.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Originally posted by Glarawyn
    If you've started gaining shadow knowledge, you cannont cange sides. You will be stuck as Omni/Clan/Neutral. Remember the "Do you want to commit to your side?" type message box?
    Ok, I received that message box cause I have a side, I'm omni. My char is stucked with this faction for ever.
    Neutrals have a side? I think not. That's the reason they are neutrals and why I say neutrals can pick a side at lvl 201+. And once done, it will be permanent.

In Shadowlands neutral players do have a Faction: Guardian of Shadows. Neutrals in SL are primarly alined with Ergo. That is the side they are commiting to. If you don't want to be alinged for life to a tree hugging supercomputer, switch sides before commiting.
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    ----

I think you're mixing things.

In my point of view, there's two types of alignment:

- The political one: Omni Tek, Clan and Neutral (wich has no side)
    - The religious one: Unredeemed, Redeemed and Guardian

The one you can change up to level 200 is the political one, so, you'll be able to commit with the religious side when you start get SK. This apply for any political choice.
    And after you had commited the political side, you're bounded to religiuos side too, and it can't be changed, unless you got no political side, then you can choose one and commit to it for ever.

In the description of QL201+ application form, you can see you must be a neutral to use it. It's a indication of only neutrals can change the side after lvl 200.

Originally posted by Poderosa

In the description of QL201+ application form, you can see you must be a neutral to use it. It's a indication of only neutrals can change the side after lvl 200.
    No, you can't.

To clarify, lets call Omni/Clan/Neutral your Alignment. Unredeemed/Guardian/Redeemed will be referred to as Faction.

To change Alignment, the Quality Level of the application form must be higher than your level. A L200 player needs a Ql201 Application form to change to Alignment. Application forms above Ql201 do not exist. The in game mechanic is also such that when you start gaining Shadow Knowledge, you cannot change your Alignment.

To change your alignment, you must be:

1. L200 or under.
    2. Have an application for that is greater in quality than your level.
    3a. If you have not activated Shadowlands on your account, you can now change sides. If you have activated Shadowlands on your account, see 3b.
    3b. If you have activated Shadowlands on your account: You must adjust your Faction to meet the requirements of the Application Form by killing Faction sided NPCs found in Shadowlands. If you are L200, you must answer No to the "Do you want to commit to your faction" question or you will not be able to change your alignment. Answering No will prevent you from gaining Shadow Knowledge, but you can still adjust your faction.
    4. Once you meet the faction point requirements, you should be able to switch your Alignment.
    5. If you’re L200: Go into your control panel (Hit F10). Under misc, enable the “Shadow Knowledge” question. Kill a NPC that will give you Faction points to activate the question, and Click Yes. You now can gain Shadow Knowledge, and can no longer change your Alignment. You are Clan/OT/Neutral for life now.

This is the way it works. I know because I have done it, and helped others do it. You can interpret the descriptions all you want, but this is how it works. Period, end of story. Argue ideology, religion, faction, and alignment all you want, but what I have described above is the reality, and trying to change your Alignment any other way would require action on FunCom’s part.
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    ----

It would be kinda expliotable if neutrals could change sides post-200, because you can get higher GOS faction easily, SK faster, then change sides at level 210 or 220 or whatever.

Unfortunately that means I have to be kinda glad it's not possible, or you'd see sided players "exploiting" neutrality by powerleveling a neutral to 200, then power-SKing to 220, then joining a side and being recruited into their "usual org"
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Glarawyn

This is the way it works. I know because I have done it, and helped others do it. You can interpret the descriptions all you want, but this is how it works. Period, end of story. Argue ideology, religion, faction, and alignment all you want, but what I have described above is the reality, and trying to change your Alignment any other way would require action on FunCom’s part.
    Ok... ok... **Hands Up!**
    You won!
    If you done it in pratice, then this should be the way it works, even if I don't agree with the way it's done.

but neutrals should change side after lvl200! :-P

Not really a new arrival topic. Warping.
    ARK Community Relations Forums Oracle Guardian

~Forums Social Guidelines~

~Advisors of Rubi-Ka Website~