Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bureaucrat Wish List

Bureaucrat Wish List

I'm developing a wishlist to present to Cz that should consist of the 10 top items crats would like to see improved. Note that the buglist is a different list. This list can include issues, new features, or improvements. I collected these items from threads on this forum. I tried to keep the descriptions as brief as possible.

Edit: I modified the list based on feedback to this thread. There are more than 10 items now, but I left the other issues at the end of the post.

Edit: Updated 6/17. Priorities changes somewhat. Charm improvements removed. Additional info added.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Effectiveness in PVP
    It doesn't seem as though we have a role or impact in pvp, especially high level pvp. Anything to give us a greater role in PVP would be helpful.
    Problems include:
    - Our calms aren't practical in pvp.
    - Roots and snares don't hold. They don't land often enough in high level pvp.
    - It would be nice if our nuke had a secondary effect beyond damage.
    - Crats have serious problems overcoming high nano resist values, due to low, blue skill based AR on nanos.
    - Lack of convenient pets, effective profession-specific weapons, and a new high level nuke keeps our damage output low in pvp.
    - Crats have NO defensive or healing capabilities at all. This is a major imbalancing factor working against us in pvp.

2. Improved nuke
    - We would like a nuke to upgrade to from Rule of One. This seems like a huge oversight with the nano upgrades from Shadowlands.
    - Rule of One currently has a very high taunt rating. We would like to see this reduced.
    - We would like to see nukes with a secondary effect (debuf) that will give us more of a rule in pvp. It would be reasonable to have the taunt by higher on a nuke that has a secondary effect compared to the taunt on a nuke that does straight damage. A good secondary affect would be reducing nano resistance or a chance of stunning the target.
    - Nukes should be based on Psychological modification (green skill) and have resonably low resist check, due to high nano resist values players can reach and our low skills, which we cant self buff.

3. Bodyguards past 200
    Bureaucrats would like improved bodyguards above "Executive-Grade Bodyguard". Its a long journey to level 205 when the "Corporate Guardian" becomes available.
    - Additionally, tests have proven that even the Corporate Guardian is not very effective compared to QL200 pets of any profession. Please improve this bot.
    - Another bot issue is our bot auto-attacking calmed mobs after killing the current mob. I think that crat bots should be smart enough to know not to attack a calmed mob without being told to explicitly. Or, there should be an attack command that doesn't automatically cause pets to move onto another target after the current target has been killed. Maybe /pet guard could be modified so that pets finish killing the current mob.
    - One suggestion that was given is to allow the bot to occasionally take a hit or damage intended for the crat. It is a bodyguard, afterall.

4. Perks :/
    Our perks aren't very good, and they are perk point intensive. Note the number of perk points required to master in the below descriptions. Some specific problems are:
    - All other casting professions get more total nano skill bonuses than us.
    - It is also dissapointing that there are no perks to enhance our bots and that our perk aura doesn't boost our pet.
    - Commanding Presence: 10 level perk with no specials of any kind. Some buffing specials would be nice considering the 10 pt investment.
    - Directorship: 10 level perk. This line becomes useless to the crat at 220 and takes many weeks to untrain. Insurance Agent has a similar problem.
    - Bureaucrat Shuffle: 10 level perk, passive bonuses provided by the perk line(+220 hp, +40 to DogeRng, EvadeCls, Duck) are underpowered.

5. Immunity of raid-level mobs to bureaucrat powers
    Most raid-level mobs on RubiKa are immune to bureaucrat powers including charm, calm, stun, fear, root, and snare. This leaves the bureaucrat community feeling as though we don't have a role in these encounters. This is a serious problem in Pandemonium.

6. Psychology as a trade skill
    Many bureaucrats would like psychology to be a bureaucrat trade skill. It is extremely difficult to raise this skill to 1250 level, even for a level 200 bureaucrat without gimping yourself horribly. We would like a self-only psychology buff and access to more psychology buffing items.

7. Psychic debuff
    Bureaucrats would like an item or nano that reduces a targets psychic. The few points offered by the briefcase are not significant.

8. Gallant Slave line of nanos not useful
    This line of nanos has limited usefulness because of level restrictions on casting and on the target. When operating in a team and targeting mobs that are higher level it is hard to consider a situation where there will be readily available pets 20% lower in level. This line needs to be rethought. Perhaps if the target could be any level but not grow in level beyond that specified in the nano description.

9. Reduce mob agro through pet
    It is too easy to get aggro through our pets in the shadowlands. This makes it impossible to consider soloing in the shadowlands.

10. Debuff speeches underpowered
    Debuff speeches are a great idea and are good companions to our other speeches but there are many problems that make them lack usefulness.
    - All debuff speeches have too short a duration. Its a pain casting them over and over again. They are not useful enough to bother in most situations.
    - Our NR debuff speech is probably our most important one but they do not drain enough NR to be that useful. Our best one drains NanoResist -98.
    - Perhaps an NR drain direct nano would be appropriate for a crat.
    - The nano-bot debuff seems underpowered. 336 every 20 seconds for the best one does counter the effect of a good NT nano-bot buff, but is too slow to make a difference with the huge nano pools that are out there now. This is viewed as a PVP nano.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

11. Crat designated weapon
    There should be more weapon choices available for a crat or possibly a crat only weapon that is comparable to some of the profession-specific weapons offered to other professions. Someone suggested a weapon that uses psychology as an interesting idea.

12. Corporate leadership line cast time
    The corporate leadership line of nanos takes too long to cast and has too little an effect. By the time the nano is cast anyone who is snared has probably crawled away already.

13. Program refresh prevents program casting
    Often we will try to cast a calm or other nano program and the cast will be interrupted by a program that is refreshing. The message 'you are casting a program' is displayed. This can be deadly.

14. Missing nanos
    Players are unable to locate the Malaise nanoline. This nano is not present at any Garden or Sanctuary. The stable charm, ‘My Way’ is also nowhere to be found in the Inferno garden/sanctuaries or Pandemonium. The nanos Improved Bot Reproduction, Improved Soothing Calm, Improved Red Tape, Improved Cut Red Tape cannot be found.

15. REVERSE ORDER OF PROGRAMS IN NCU WINDOW
    The constant flickering of short term programs at the top of our NCU window makes it difficult to manage programs in this window. This could be easily fixed by reversing the order they appear in the window with the programs that are nearest to expiring at the bottom.
    Last edited by Szentasha; Jun 22nd, 2004 at 14:00:34.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

1. Psychic debuff ...it should be here already.
    2. Need new pet to look forward to at 220 since psychic requirements too high or targets immune to charms. 205 pet reportably suzzorz.
    3. Toss an really nice crat only weapon out there thats not too randy to get yet would make weapon choices less vaporous. Doesn't every other class have this kinda thing already?
    Main: - Vonshot: 217/26 Omni Trox Trader

Alts:
    - Nycrow: 191/11 Trox Fixer
    - Tanknip: 217/14 Trox Doctor, The Cookie Monster
    - Nightswan: 164/5 Solitus Crat
    - Ghostblade: 184/19 Trox Shade
    - Megachug: 57/5 Trox Enforcer
    - Kyllx: 51/5 Opifex Agent

Nice post, putting it here if you don't mind Figured since there was already one going might be nice to view it there too

o ya, I think they're all important btw

[Edit] But if I was limited to three choices, I'd say...

1. Bot and/or Charms

2. Calms/Roots/Charms at high levels, this hasn't really effected me in particular yet, as I haven't spent any time in playfields where I loose effectiveness, but I'd rather see it fixed now then later...

3. Role in PvP
    Last edited by Avon; Feb 16th, 2004 at 05:16:45.

Arrow

My list would look like this.

1. PvP abilities - Notum Wars and soon to be opened control areas are a very important part of the game, no class should be left out in this field. Furthermore there is very little PvM at 220 and Crats shouldnt be rewarded with an instant "re-roll" in order to stand a chance at player versus player combat.

2. Perks - Crats in the current situation are forced to reset over 11 points of perks at 220, which become simply obsolate. Additionally there is a very limited choice of vialable perks to chose from.

3. Charms and other CC abilities - the current game mechanics make them very hard to use, furthermore they have very little impact on whats going on in the battlefield.

Please drop the Immunity of raid-level mobs to bureaucrat powers, becouse as far as I remember it was discoused before. (lower priority)
    Last edited by Deamona; Feb 16th, 2004 at 08:41:18.
    Level 220 Bureaucrat

Just add PvP to the top of the list and whatever you do with the rest of it is fine by me.
    So, I showed her my dictionary to show her
    the words that I know, not quite desiring to,
    and how loquacious I can be when I set my
    mind down to it. But she wasn't impressed.
    Oh no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!
    She wasn't impressed at all.

caduceus

BTW are our init debuffs nanos ingame?

SKINGIRL
    .: RK2 Omni 214 Dictator :.

This char is totally RETIRED since 15.5.5 patch. I apologize to all crats that I laughed at for them being ONLY a XP Totem, since now I am clear that it is the only role planned for us. And don´t come to me with the Master of Crowd Control BS, plz. Not again!

Skindoc - RK2 Omni Eternalist :: MY NEW MAIN
    Freka - RK2 200 Omni NanoTecnician :: MY 1ST CHAR :: RETIRED
    Lemmedrain - RK2 TL4 Omni Trader

Arrow ...

Originally posted by Freka/Skingirl
    BTW are our init debuffs nanos ingame?
    To answer the question... No!

At the level we will be able to cast them, the nanos wont be of much use:

Malaise of Fervor
    PsychologicalModification >= 1822
    SensoryImprovement >= 1819
    Self Level >= 215
    Target Level >= 160

Damage -102
    Inits -726

and

Malaise of Passion
    PsychologicalModification >= 1330
    SensoryImprovement >= 1329
    Self Level >= 204
    Target Level >= 150

Damage -62
    Inits -583

Based that I have over 1800 Nano Init and 1200 Ranged Init at 215, the debuff wont even scratch me. I suppose other classes will have even more.

Question for the Devs:

Why is the requirements jump so high on the last nano?

Malaise of Fervor 1822 1819
    Malaise of Passion 1330 1329
    Malaise of Desire 1145 1145
    Malaise of Emotion 1046 1046
    Malaise of Motivation 938 938

Deamona
    Last edited by Deamona; Feb 16th, 2004 at 20:10:31.
    Level 220 Bureaucrat

I do think our nuke's need to be a little more available at lower levels they are few and far between especially if that is all we rely on as a weapon. Either that or make pistol green and a special lt blue.

PSYchology skill needs more utilization

Speaches are ok but make them more useful
    Ok so why?????How so??? Or maybe what? Stay tuned!

omg. this is every issue addressed to a "T"

it did seem a bit odd when ( prepatch) at level 60 my crat charmed trash king and the lackey ( kinda made a few peopel mad too in teh process).

the empowered charms do not last long enough. a nice team empowered
    charm that lasted 15 minutes would be perfect.

the pet buffs dont last long enough. from what i can see( especially engineers) only last 20-30 minutes. an hour would be prefect.

pet damage ql200 vs pet damage of other profs is really bad.
    God told me to make a chicken salad sandwich for lunch, and I did, and all rejoiced

Trader Exam MKII Passed
    My Stuff

Remember kids, Omlets are best when fried and served with a side xp%

pet buff duration, i have mentioned before, while it sucks but the cast time, as well as the nano cost is heavy as well.

i'd really like to see some sort of crat perk/nano set up that would assist us in our nano usage, regen.

i have not heard about our 205 pet in battle, but if it's the only one you get be happy you can self cast it at 220 (still bitter about only SL adven heal being impossible to cast at 220 period)

weapon dmg is sufficeant, lots of good options for me out there, finding the weapons I think as ideal for my style, and testing being the hardest part. Custom Heavy Supressor, Manex, din gun, sanoscrant blaster and AR are my testing goals. (recently getting too high or to low to be viabale tests)

a new nuke, hmmm we need new nukes bad 1-3 more nukes, but nothing godlly tho, just somthing that doesn't pull insane agg on us.

need a better than 50 point Psychology buff, say a 125 buff that we can cast around 160 spec 2. (toss in a nice nanocost 5-10% with that it would rock)

Take some time and think about the fact that crat is the only profession with out any HP regain/heal/drain/o hot in game, we could use somthing here to fill this void.
    Last edited by acardia; Feb 20th, 2004 at 09:53:12.
    Acardia Level 220 Pistolero- hit 220 in Org City
    Adolphus Level 215 Dictator
    Festamus Level 220 Hammer Swinging trox with pets

Before you loose everything it's good to realize that life is beautiful.

so any update on these matters? has it been presented to Cz yet?

Hasn't been presented yet. Waiting to give more people the opportunity to respond. Things in the professionals program don't exactly move forward at blazing speed
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Originally posted by Szentasha
    Things in the professionals program don't exactly move forward at blazing speed
    hehe, oki I think there might be a lack of posting as these are all the top/best ideas... and if they were to acctually be fixed/looked at crats would generally be much better off

Nice list,add the ever-present aggro flickering in SL (mobs ignoring pets/charms and wallop your arse even tho you dont do anything and stay out of range/sight) and im happy as a lark.

Not in any particular order.

1. Crat specific pistol with atr dependent on psychology( I think it's a good idea hehe).
    2. 125 psychology buff, this ones been needed for a long time and every other class who needs it has it.
    3. From what I hear better corporate guardian but can't say I speak from experience.
    4. Longer sl calms, I hate twiching cause I got 5 things calmed and 2 pets that look all the same knowing in 55 seconds there all going to gank me.
    5. + Better pvp nanos
    6. Take off SL nano casting cap if I can cast something the same speed when I am normal and when I have rapid palsy on me that's sad.
    7. Make motivational speeches group only.
    Last edited by dakkon; Feb 23rd, 2004 at 03:42:47.

I think everyone here has a good point, especially when it come to the crats role in a raid.

1)Like to see that 125 psycology buff
    2)Drop some of the requirements on the nanos!

How about a nano of Chaos, when incountering a 5-10member mob, that you cast and makes all mobs hostile toward eachother.

just an idea for area of effect

-kingingot
    CI

A left hand only item as I suggested here.

And psychology based tradeskill items as I suggested here.
    Main:
    Ignyte
    President of Corporate Justice (Atlantean)

Gameplayer
    Editor, Writer

./me coughs loudly about the cane thing...

correct me if i'm wrong, and i'll truelly be sorry... but i'm pretty sure a fixer was the first to post up this idea...

1. Crat Specific Weapon
    Crat specific weapon like the ones released for other professions in the last patches, with reasonable min-dmg.

2. High End Charms
    Correct the level requirement of the last charms. The gap between 195-215 doesn´t make sense considering the other requirements.

3. Init Debuffs
    Make the inits debuff nanos available in-game, and either lower the requirements (level req included) or increase the effects.

The way it is now, even made available ingame, they are pretty useless. Making them usefull, will still not solve our pvp situation, but should be a big step in the right direction (i.e. I can´t kill, but i can be annoying as hell!!).

Just a small comparision:

3.1. Malaise Of Fervor (QL 215)
    Duration: 1 minute
    Attack time: 9 s
    Recharge time: 2.5 s
    Nano Cost: 1980
    Some Requirements:
    User Psychological modifications >= 1822 and
    User Sensory improvement >= 1819 and
    User Level >= 215
    Effects:
    Target Modify Melee init -726
    Target Modify Ranged init -726
    Target Modify Physical init -726
    Target Modify Nano init -726
    Target Modify Projectile damage modifier -102
    Target Modify Melee damage modifier -102
    Target Modify Energy damage modifier -102
    Target Modify Chemical damage modifier -102
    Target Modify Radiation damage modifier -102
    Target Modify Cold damage modifier -102
    Target Modify Fire damage modifier -102
    Target Modify Poison damage modifier -102
    Target Taunt 2054

3.2. Phantom Weight (QL 30)
    Duration: 55 seconds
    Attack time: 3 s
    Recharge time: 2.5 s
    Nano Cost: 73
    Some Requirements:
    User Biological metamorphosis >= 148 and
    User Psychological modifications >= 148
    Effects:
    Target Modify Melee init -811
    Target Modify Ranged init 811
    Target Modify Physical init -811
    Target Modify Nano init -811
    Target Modify Projectile damage modifier -2
    Target Modify Melee damage modifier -2
    Target Modify Energy damage modifier -2
    Target Modify Chemical damage modifier -2
    Target Modify Radiation damage modifier -2
    Target Modify Cold damage modifier -2
    Target Modify Fire damage modifier -2
    Target Modify Poison damage modifier -2
    Target Taunt 174

The 3.1 is our best init debuff, and the 3.2 is a QL 30 doc init debuff nano. Note that how 3.1. is so much harder to cast and how the init debuff is still lower (altho the damage modifier is higher and there is no chance of breaking on attack/debuff). Also check the Taunt value, attack time, nano cost, etc

I am not asking for something as powerfull as the doc´s init debuff... but this is a little ridiculous, right?

4. Speeches
    New speeches! I want new speeches . Making them team only, as some mentioned, might be interesting.

5. Perks
    I would really like to see some usefull crat only perks with either offensive or defensive effect. Absorb shield / attack specials is something i think we need, besides all the XP buffage we can give a team. Remember that this game doesn´t end at 220, and with more and more crats getting closer to that state, don´t make them all max some general perks, just because the crat´s perks are not usefull at 220. This can also be a way to some "specialization", letting the player to choose going on the xp buffage route, or a more offensive route.

Perks that increase the performance of our pets... remember that Commanding Presence doesn´t even buff our pets ...

6. Corporate Guardian
    Review the corporate guardian stats. It is our last pet... give us something at least scaled at the same proportion as the other professions´ sl pets, or another pet with a lvl 215 req.

7. Psycology
    Fix the bluff action?
    Last edited by Freka/Skingirl; Feb 25th, 2004 at 18:16:12.

SKINGIRL
    .: RK2 Omni 214 Dictator :.

This char is totally RETIRED since 15.5.5 patch. I apologize to all crats that I laughed at for them being ONLY a XP Totem, since now I am clear that it is the only role planned for us. And don´t come to me with the Master of Crowd Control BS, plz. Not again!

Skindoc - RK2 Omni Eternalist :: MY NEW MAIN
    Freka - RK2 200 Omni NanoTecnician :: MY 1ST CHAR :: RETIRED
    Lemmedrain - RK2 TL4 Omni Trader

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast