Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Guide to Twinking!

A Guide to Twinking!

Guide to twinking!
    A guide to making your trader twink the best.

The trader is famous and infamous for his/her/it's abilities in low level PVP.
    At lower levels, a trader's drains can really incapacitate opponents,
    leaving them harmless, then it's mostly root and squish if they're not already dead.

This guide might help you make your trader twink just that little extra.

IP Distribution :

A twink doesn't spend his IP where it won't help his combat abilities.
    A twink has to sacrifice some things to be the best. You should know where to put
    your IP points from level 1 as a twink.

So work really, really hard and put up all the important skills and abilities and ditch the other ones.

NCU :

First off, depending on your level, you might need more NCU.
    That's real easy, since we traders get comp lit buffs. Just get as high CL as you can
    and get the best upgrades you can get. Be sure to do everything you can
    to get those CL buffs going.

NCU to hold buffs will help you twinking as well as winning.

So really, really work hard and get in the best NCU upgrades you can.

Implants :

Essential for twinking, implants is what's gonna make your trader so much better skill-wise,
    and this part is really, really important. Luckily, it's not that hard!

At lower levels, the treatment requirements are often easier to reach than the ability reqs.
    And getting on quite nice imps for your level isn't really much work at all,
    especially not if you can hold some buffs. For the lowest levels,
    you might want to do some pre-imp twinking hand in hand with NCU twinking.

Anyways, you just gotta really, really work hard and get in the best imps you can.

This is really important.

Are you all done? Then continue to next step!

Armor :

There's a lot of crap armor out there and it can be hard to choose one for your twink.
    Armor will make your opponents hit you for less damage, often minimum on an accomplished lowbie twink
    and some will buff important abilities and skills.

Anyways, you just gotta really, really work hard and get the best armor you can.

Guns :

Since you're reading this guide, it wouldn't surprise me if you're the proud owner of a Pump Trainee/Master.
    In that case, you can't go much wrong with your trader twink if you've tried following this guide so far.

Anyways, for you who haven't got a pump trainee/master,
    you might wanna poke around for other available guns.

When it comes to choosing a gun for your twink, you should get the best.
    The more damage you can do to your opponent, the faster he drops, so that's what you want.

So really, really work hard and get the best gun you can for your twink.

Combat Tactics :

As a trader, you have options for how to fight your opponents.
    If the opponent is a melee type, you should root them.

You should always drain your opponent.

Work really, really hard with killing your enemy.

Final Words :

It's been hard, but now you have your trader twink ready.
    Thanks to this guide, you've created a killing machine fit to earning titles and more titles
    on the battlefield wich goes to show how uber and fun traders are.

Traders being so uber at lower levels has lead to many a nerf with no regard for the higher level traders.
    Your trader twink might add to that damage, giving FC one extra reason to nerf us again.

So when you're done being the best you might wanna start working on your long, hard road to being some of the worst.
    It's harder, but if you discover a love for your trader and have a fighting will to level a profession
    that seriously needs some love in the higher levels, you could do worse than to keep playing your trader.

No, it's not *really* a twinking guide.
    Last edited by baffle; Jan 21st, 2005 at 09:58:42.
    Didymus - Solitus Trader, Member of Instability

'...which goes to show how uber and fun traders are.'...

Leading to the downfall of the profession a level 30ish twink bears no relation to a level 200+ gimp know what i mean?

please add this waring to you guide but remove the comment if traders get a ql200 pump.

Originally posted by brioni
    please add this waring to you guide but remove the comment if traders get a ql200 pump.
    Thanks for the tip.

Made the point even a more obvious in case someone out there is more dense than I usually am ..

omg! My prayers are answered! Now I got the guide on how to be a proper trader pvp/tower twink, i'm gonna pwn everyone!!!111 :P

sticky!
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

*sneaks a peak*

I am sooooo ready to make a trader twink now!

Nah really just came here to bump the hottest trader in AO...

*runs back out*
    *la la land*
    FIRST ORDER 4 evah!

Originally posted by Lucky Charms
    *sneaks a peak*

I am sooooo ready to make a trader twink now!

Nah really just came here to bump the hottest trader in AO...

*runs back out*
    Ooooohh!

Thank you sweetie

*hugs Lucky*

Back up to the top you go! before you get lost out of sight and the cycle repeats itself.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

*cough*

omg! just the guide I've been looking for!

it's all starting to make sense now.... work really really really hard
    ~Have you hugged your leet today?~

F̶u̶n̶c̶o̶m̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶:̶)̶
    Thanks for "fixing" DM, Funcom, yeah, no really... thank you so, so much. I was missing having my toolset put back to 2007.

Why wasnt this sticky ..

<-- Reflection Perfection

But still a noob

omgz

Hehe, nice way to start the day

Good morning traders and thanks a lot Spare

oooh, I just noticed this was here. Follow Didy's guide and j00 r gonna be ubar trader in no time!!!

now we just need a rooted thread with all the pump questions/answers ever... *shrug*

what if i work really really really hard, but i dont know what a good implant/cluster combo is for a trader?

btw bioguns suck for traders...well nm they just suck period.....chem dmg=uber dmage my A**
    Bushido is the way of the warrior. Nirvana is the path of true enlightenment. NTs must struggle to confine themselves as Warriors in this world,while still maintaining the path of wisdom.
    Chrioset-195/7 Nanomage/NT
    Duesentas-199/8 Atrox/Enfo
    Iloveshiz-131/0 Solitus/Fixer (no GA twinkage)
    Chriosat-88/0 Nanomage/Trader (wannabe Tradeskiller)
    Gualo - 155/2 Nanomage/Engy (the Real TSer)
    FUN COM, Please Make NT's the top Damge Dealers Again!!!!!!
    AO Mainframe-Click here - Down indefinitly
    Auno-Click here

Originally posted by ASIMPLENT
    what if i work really really really hard, but i dont know what a good implant/cluster combo is for a trader?

btw bioguns suck for traders...well nm they just suck period.....chem dmg=uber dmage my A**
    It's only disguised as a guide to twinking so that you will read it ..

Seems my devious plan didn't work

Well, I won't poke too much fun .. if you check the other threads and search around, you might find some good info.

grats on the sticky in that case....lol
    Bushido is the way of the warrior. Nirvana is the path of true enlightenment. NTs must struggle to confine themselves as Warriors in this world,while still maintaining the path of wisdom.
    Chrioset-195/7 Nanomage/NT
    Duesentas-199/8 Atrox/Enfo
    Iloveshiz-131/0 Solitus/Fixer (no GA twinkage)
    Chriosat-88/0 Nanomage/Trader (wannabe Tradeskiller)
    Gualo - 155/2 Nanomage/Engy (the Real TSer)
    FUN COM, Please Make NT's the top Damge Dealers Again!!!!!!
    AO Mainframe-Click here - Down indefinitly
    Auno-Click here

Re: A Guide to Twinking!

Originally posted by Didymus
    Guide to twinking!
    A guide to making your trader twink the best.

The trader is famous and infamous for his/her/it's abilities in low level PVP.
    At lower levels, a trader's drains can really incapacitate opponents,
    leaving them harmless, then it's mostly root and squish if they're not already dead.

This guide might help you make your trader twink just that little extra.

IP Distribution :

A twink doesn't spend his IP where it won't help his combat abilities.
    A twink has to sacrifice some things to be the best. You should know where to put
    your IP points from level 1 as a twink.

So work really, really hard and put up all the important skills and abilities and ditch the other ones.

NCU :

First off, depending on your level, you might need more NCU.
    That's real easy, since we traders get comp lit buffs. Just get as high CL as you can
    and get the best upgrades you can get. Be sure to do everything you can
    to get those CL buffs going.

NCU to hold buffs will help you twinking as well as winning.

So really, really work hard and get in the best NCU upgrades you can.

Implants :

Essential for twinking, implants is what's gonna make your trader so much better skill-wise,
    and this part is really, really important. Luckily, it's not that hard!

At lower levels, the treatment requirements are often easier to reach than the ability reqs.
    And getting on quite nice imps for your level isn't really much work at all,
    especially not if you can hold some buffs. For the lowest levels,
    you might want to do some pre-imp twinking hand in hand with NCU twinking.

Anyways, you just gotta really, really work hard and get in the best imps you can.

This is really important.

Are you all done? Then continue to next step!

Armor :

There's a lot of crap armor out there and it can be hard to choose one for your twink.
    Armor will make your opponents hit you for less damage, often minimum on an accomplished lowbie twink
    and some will buff important abilities and skills.

Anyways, you just gotta really, really work hard and get the best armor you can.

Guns :

Since you're reading this guide, it wouldn't surprise me if you're the proud owner of a Pump Trainee/Master.
    In that case, you can't go much wrong with your trader twink if you've tried following this guide so far.

Anyways, for you who haven't got a pump trainee/master,
    you might wanna poke around for other available guns.

When it comes to choosing a gun for your twink, you should get the best.
    The more damage you can do to your opponent, the faster he drops, so that's what you want.

So really, really work hard and get the best gun you can for your twink.

Combat Tactics :

As a trader, you have options for how to fight your opponents.
    If the opponent is a melee type, you should root them.

You should always drain your opponent.

Work really, really hard with killing your enemy.

Final Words :

It's been hard, but now you have your trader twink ready.
    Thanks to this guide, you've created a killing machine fit to earning titles and more titles
    on the battlefield wich goes to show how uber and fun traders are.

Traders being so uber at lower levels has lead to many a nerf with no regard for the higher level traders.
    Your trader twink might add to that damage, giving FC one extra reason to nerf us again.

So when you're done being the best you might wanna start working on your long, hard road to broken gimpness.
    It's harder, but if you discover a love for your trader and have a fighting will to level a profession
    that seriously needs some love in the higher levels, you could do worse than to keep playing your trader.
    =the winner of TEH 2004 VAGUEST GUIDE AWARD....

Nah, not a bad guide, but is pretty vague.

At least its not a spoiler
    | Evilbaffle - 220 Tra | Dominixe - 210 Doc | Maram - 207 Eng | Juling - 160 Enf |
    | Yumn - 169 NT | Niemo - 118 MP | Lucine - 185 Agent | Incision - 70 Shade |

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.- Herm Albright

this was a joke right? making a thread sticky, when it's a guide for twinks and you can glean the following information from it.........work REALLY REALLY REALLY hard to twink, and you will be a good trader twink!!!!

great guide thumbs up.........

Originally posted by Demnspawnt
    this was a joke right?
    | Evilbaffle - 220 Tra | Dominixe - 210 Doc | Maram - 207 Eng | Juling - 160 Enf |
    | Yumn - 169 NT | Niemo - 118 MP | Lucine - 185 Agent | Incision - 70 Shade |

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.- Herm Albright

Haha ..

Guess some people are more dense than I am

Wouldn't want them all to spam the thread (I think) so I've added a little something at the very end of the guide.
    Kinda like the text in really small letters in the bottom of shady contracts ..
    Last edited by Didymus; Apr 15th, 2004 at 04:34:42.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast