Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clan vs Clan disputes

Clan vs Clan disputes

Maybe after 2 and a half years I'm pissed off about how Freakin Rude some of the higher level players have become. Maybe I'm getting in the mood for pvp again. Maybe I'll dust off my Omni pvp tweak to settle a score or two... Maybe I will attack Clan towers even though this toon is clan...

I've played the game for a number of years, and like a number of you have multiple alts, am a member of several guilds, and even run a few guilds...

As an experianced player I am sick and tired of the Freakin Jerks that some of the high level players have become. True... most players are decent... but a small percentage of you make the game intolerable.

For example... Deliberately training, steal killing, and ninja looting, etc... some of you even brag about it openly on OOC, guild chat, vicinity chat, etc. Why bother petitioning? You already know they can't do anything about it. Unless they see it first hand there is very little the Arks can do. Some of you seem to think this gives you free reign. Harassment? You can escalate it to an GM... but you don't get to speak to the GM... they will look into it... but you never get to know the outcome due to the 'official' policy on not disclosing the findings or punishment. What is the typical punishment? Well... your guess is as good as mine... aside from some griefers I noticed being forced offline for a few days... my only guess is they are scolded or suspended for a few days... unless enough decent players have taken the time and effort to file tons of complaints and provided enough documentation to prove that SO&SO is a SERIOUS PROBLEM. That is no easy task mind you.

I logged into leader chat to discuss this tonight. With few exceptions none of the leaders cared.

Whenever a Omni or Neutral characters offend us (who cares what the offense was, it could have been that we didn't like the color of the body armor they were wearing) the hounds of hell are let loose and every pvp ganking clan tweak turns out to destroy any and every tower of the offending persons guild, their allies, and anyone we think they might have been friends with.

However, if a clan member or guild has a grief with another clan member or guild, 99% of the clan leaders and most of their members say 'attack ANY clan towers and you, your clan, your allies, your mother and your unborn children will be BLACKLIST and ganked at every opportunity'.

So... is the logic ' if someone pisses you off, it is ok to make their life hell so long as they are not clan'? And by that same logic does that mean some of you feel empowered to screw over you fellow clansman every chance you get for cash, loot, prizes... because you know JACK will be done about it?

TOO MANY OF YOU HIDE BEHIND AND ABUSE THE MOTTO OF 'UNITE THE CLANS, DON'T ATTACK CLAN TOWERS'.

I enjoy playing with many of you... but for the others... go screw yourself. Clan or not... I'll take every chance I get to screw you back. You never know when someones alt is going to Jack you or your towers... next time someone in your team lags when you need a heal... just think about it while your at the reclaim. Need help defending your towers? Better hope your guildies haven't pissed me off. Need a buff? Tradeskills? HA! Don't even try to buy anything from me... because I will make you PAY if you are unlucky enough to be on my (Insert Profanity Here) list.

Why am I ranting so much? I've been doing Spec 4 and Ithaka the past several days.

Half the time I solo spec 4... and it never fails that about halfway into killing the boss: someone / guild team rushes over and tries to outdamage me for the steal when the boss is at 60 -65%. I am exspecially pissed off because the last time this crap happened today... 10 minutes earlier I GAVE these jerks a book off a boss I had solo'd. Talk about adding insult to injury.

When I team spec 4 and ithaka... people ninja. Some do it openly 'yeah i looted, so?'; others pull the 'fake going link dead', leave team, loot, alt F4 three times, relog, 'hey guys, sorry about that, crashed'. Hint: when you pull that stunt it is obvious... the system notification message to your fellow teammates is different... so you are so BUSTED!

This past week a Trox person I had teamed with deleted a Syndicate because the team would not let him have it to sale.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Anyone else tired of getting screwed over by persons of the same faction? Tired of the threats of being Blacklisted if you try to do anything about it? Tired of a small group of jerks hiding behind their guilds? Then feel free to express yourself here...
    Join Us!
    You know you want too!
    Now Recruiting Players of All Levels and Expansions!
    Newbie & Noob & Froob Players Welcome!

Wahhhhhhh!

Waaaahhhhh!

d00d get over it.

Hee. I don't want to hear you or anyone else complain when I start playing by the AHOLE rules of the game if you (or they) are dumb enough to screw me over. Fighting Fire with Fire. Understand?
    Join Us!
    You know you want too!

Fixerspy,

Yeps I can agree with so much you have posted there, even done my small bit to try change the way things work as and when I can.

I am just a normal paying and playing person like yourself and I too notice the 'negative-undercurrent' in Clan society and agree with just about all the the points you make.

I believe there is a conspiracy of sorts where people will make Clan characters, get phat lewt through any means possible, then turn to what their mains are.......Omni - I can recall many names and instances where this has been the case...........but what can you do.........thats the game. (Just ensure they stay banned from bots and shoot them whenever you can - Oh and bad mouth them of course so all your friends know).

We all pretty much know that ninjae looting problems will always be ingame unless a full policy change is made by FC - I cant see this happening in a rush.

As for Spec 4 give me a tell ingame and I will be happy to give you a hand get it done, doesnt take any time at all

thanks slipster

hee. thanks for the words of support and the offer to help, slipster.

I could have finished the spec 4 quest several times already... but I have actually given away TONS of book drops to teammates and a few lower level people who manage to survive the journey to Dark Marshes but didn't have a prayer of solo'ing the mobs themselves.

Once I actually made an engi teammate pay me 15 mil creds to loot a book, but that is the exception, not the rule. She was trying to solo there, and her trains kept destroying the towers I put up and she kept killing my friends that were out there on a different team. So I teamed with her, helped her find several books, and when she begged me to let her have the last book she needed (which I won the alpha roll on) I told her to pay me for the aggrevation, lol.

Now I wished I had just kept the book, lol. To teach the lesson. But no big deal. I'll be out there off and on over the next several weeks to help my friends... and the inferno loot sells real nice, lol.
    Join Us!
    You know you want too!

Eh some org presidents arent any better themselves(*cough* chaotic vengeance *cough*). Nothing you can eally do about it. I was completley pissed when she came in for one nippy ks'ed me and it dropped then, and then proceed to post it in market channel for the intention of pissing me off. Some people are just *******s. Its amazing what some people would do at the expense of other people. Kinda like rl. In real life there are *******s, just gotta learn how to deal with them. She claim she wanted to talk to me maturely about the situation, but i sent her a /tell and she did not reply(she wasnt afk).

I only KS people who gank me.
    Aridollar - 217 trader

Alpha Omega - www.tribs.net

Re: Clan vs Clan disputes

Originally posted by fixerspy
    [B] Maybe I will attack Clan towers even though this toon is clan...
    True... most players are decent... but a small percentage of you make the game intolerable.
    You lost me. You know its a small percentage but you are going to attack entire guilds? Seems that small percentage of grievers just got a little larger, thanks to you.

Well the amount of contradictions leads me to believe this is just a Omni orchestrated campaign to split clan. Funny it happens at the same exact time where larger orgs are taking steps to tighten in-clan relations.

Has anyone else noticed the amount of threads the original poster has made, all with titles ranging from 'clan civil-war' to 'clan conflicts'? I smell a rotten fish.
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

Sure, blame us as usual.

This being 'omni-orchestrated' sounds highly ridiculous in my ears, and a tad paranoid too.

Fixerspy - Clanner since day 1.
    Last edited by Spammerific; Jul 19th, 2004 at 20:19:47.
    Spammerific - General of Midnight Reveries (RK2)
    WoW 4 teh win plx, look for Spammerifiq on Ravencrest (unless you're Alliance, in which case i'd have to kill ya)
    My bro - My equipment

ugh a 3rd threads on the same topic, within just 2 days? can we keep all this in one thread?

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Originally posted by Spammerific

Fixerspy - Clanner since day 1.
    I'm not blaming omni, or saying anything about a conspiracy. But!

* The character is reletively new. (Jan 2004)
    * The name is fixerspy
    * He has an omni character. Quoted from this thread, "aybe I'll dust off my Omni pvp tweak to settle a score or two"

Just pointing out the facts

All fine and true, but i think we're dealing with something as simple as a young and naive drama queen with an untimely temper.
    WoW 4 teh win plx, look for Spammerifiq on Ravencrest (unless you're Alliance, in which case i'd have to kill ya)
    My bro - My equipment

Things have changed a lot since many of us started playing, and sadly, the quality of play has also gone down.

What we seem to have lost is respect, respect for the average person, sure this is a pc and a virtual world, and many of you dont care as long as you have fun.

People forget that real people play the game, not just themselves, some of us sit 5-6 hours others days trying to get one item only to be continually outdamaged. How hard is it to wait for the next spawn?

My biggest issue with this is the new players, an example being a new adventurer in my guild, she has been sitting at foremans for so long only to be outdamaged every time she tries to get what she needs, not by other low levels but by people that should know better, a lvl 210 and a lvl 149. (took two days and over 16 hours of play time to eventually get the item)

Why cant we take turns, why can't we help those get their items and then spank the boss when its our turn. It put a bad taste for AO in her mouth and I dont blame her.

Not only does it look bad for all high levelers, it looks bad for the guilds we are associated with. I will talk to the guild leaders of the parties involved though if they care nobody knows.

As for retaliation, you won't catch me ganking others or KSing, some of us can only try and set an example, If you can't beat them, you don't have to join them.

Respect.
    Black "Taoh" Lotus
    Director of Komodo

~Wallaby~ General of Komodites

Slipster1012: You should level
    Taoh: It has taken me nearly 5 years to reach level 200, don't rush me!

I totally agree with you, Taoh.

I just feel the solution isn't inciting to a ludricous clan civil war.
    If the problems are addressed through the proper channels, most orgs will take steps to avoid it in the future, punish the culprits if needed and preserve their reputation.

Ranting in forums sure doesn't solve anything.

and Spam, of course I didn't mean I seriously think fixerspy is on an omni orchestrated campaign. I share your point of view about him/her, although I would never put it as nicely as you did.
    But for RP sake I need to blame it on Omni

Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

Yes, you're right, im growing soft...

*shakes fist at harsh-ass moderators*

My bro - My equipment

If the problems are addressed through the proper channels, most orgs will take steps to avoid it in the future, punish the culprits if needed and preserve their reputation.
    Yes, if you 200 + and consist in big org you can complain on badguy to his org leader. But if you a mid level player and your guild consists of 10 friends (or you unguilded as in my case) that in most cases your complaint will be ignored. It constantly occurs to my alts and I already for a long time ceased to write complaints and my black list was inflated till the unreasonable sizes. It means that if you dont cost real force - you dont take in calculation. And you havent deserved respect. And you are nothing. Less then empty place. Happend so much times with my alts. Also know what? 70% of all cases badguys were one fraction with me. A clan.
    It is very amusing to observe in such situation players which never would act so with mine mains.
    Bump for fixerspy. sure, blame her/him and do not listen to the truth.
    Last edited by 218; Jul 20th, 2004 at 12:41:35.

Sorry 218, but that is not true. Not for good orgs. I assure you I and the org leaders of Genesis will deal with complains in exactly the same way wether they come from a newbie level 1 or a seasoned lvl 220.

Of course, I can't say all orgs will do this, but I believe all the respected orgs will. Just make sure you're not confusing listening and dealing with it with saying you are right. Those aren't the same and your view of the problem may differ from other's.

How is someone to work out if an Org is a Respected Good one or not ?

Who are the current Respected Good Orgs ?

I for one rely on what I read on the Forums, hear ingame, and learn from RL friends who play.

I spent 7 hours out at Foremans Factory yesterday with one of the guilds noobs attemptiong to get her a CDR, two people from supposedly 'Respected Good Orgs' tried to OD us.

Its all too common a problem, and when the issue is raised in the Forums it is shot down in flames all too quickly.
    When the issue is raised to a Guild Prez/General nothing really comes of it.(just like 218 mentions)

Bump for Fixerspy (the Omni ****stirrer...... LOL)

Some people can seem so nice and friendly, but, put some phat lewt between you and them, add in some emotions from getting mad at a GAME (entertainment, remember that people?) and you get to see their true side.

It happens all the time, I for one understand that the loot will always be there and if someone comes along looking for it, I invite them to my team, making enemies over an item that is always in the same spot and doesnt move, is kinda.....i don't know......stupid?

You wanna put loot infront of people and friends? There are orgs on both sides that do just that. Enjoy your lonely game play.

I will gladly help anyone, anyway i can with knowledge or with attaining items, wanna know why?

I was a noob once, why should i deny them a chance to advance in the game?
    Maybe I'm just too nice.

p.s. ingame name is Tever, some of you know me, some of you don't. Just chalk one up for a "good guy" trying to keep it fun for everyone.
    Killer: 86% // Achiever:66% // Explorer:33% // Socializer: 13%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast