Thread: Non-Heckler Smashing Outdoor Hunting in SL

Non-Heckler Smashing Outdoor Hunting in SL

I thought it would be nice to start a thread with spots/mobs/levels for people who are a little *ahem* tired of smashing rocks all day. I'd like to aim this thread at the mostly under 200 crowd, cuz I have no idea what you guys do besides hecklers at 200+.

Of Nascense I think it's pretty easy to run around and find new mobs that have color after the other ones have gone grey. But I guess Elysium and Scheol are a much more open and less crowded space except for a few choice spots that get overcrowded fast. I've had more experience with Elysium and Scheol personally in the level 50-130ish range.

Off the top of my head for Ely:

While the Kolaanas and Hoathlins (sp?) straight west from the Ely ramp look mighty tempting, it's vulnerable to heckler/horror trains that will eat a lowbie team out like a box of cream puffs. Poof. Also it can get a little crowded. The mobs there are level 50ish I believe.

If you go north towards the star/circle-like pattern near the Outer Isles statue, that's a teleport that warps you to West Ely. Right around there are the Predators that are level 65-70ish. The bosses, however, are usually taken by someone camping for Predator armor. Some of them are nice enough to buff you with HoTs tho.

Within Central Ely there are a lot of Silvertails, Kolaanas, sabretooth mobs, girders. Levels 50-70 I think. Also there are Weavers of Decay (level 103ish) in the Whispervale area. Be careful cuz they like to hide up in trees and jump out at you.

South of the Sabre's Cradle statue is the Cauldron Palace (not sure of the name exactly). Inside are Kolaana-Behns and Malah-Behns level 80ish. These spawn pretty quick.

West of the Spade statue in the south is the beach and a lot of Cal.....(i forget) Mortigs that are 103ish. Also along the beach are a few Devourers and their Prime Devourer of Life boss.

Just south of Ergo and north-west of Port Five is another bunch of Devourers level 110ish I believe. Watch out for the Caterwauling Minx and for trains of people going to and from Ergo/Scheol.

And for Scheol (need to be level 80 to get Ergo to let you through without the quest):

Jump off the ledge and to the north-east is the Temple Bog area. Mossy girders in the 100-110ish range. Bosses are 130 I think.

Move north towards the lake - spiders on both sides. Level 110-120ish. Bosses are 130.

A bit north-east from the spider lake is a path going up the hill/mountain - Chimera grounds. A little harder to manage aggro there since they can jump on you like a pack of wild dogs.

The area below the Eastern Brink statue - Cripplers, Crawlers, Vortexoids. Level 130-140+. Can be tricky to pull them successfully, especially when they are standing near the hecklers along the brink. At that point, move along to another spot in the same area and pull the ones that aren't so clumped together, etc.

http://home.datacomm.ch/sphere/stuff...map731_low.jpg - is a nice map. Where there are bosses located there will be minions too.

uh... that's all my sleepy mind can think of right now. This isn't really meant to be a guide so much as an encouragement for people to do something other than hecklers for a bit. um... just got into Adonis last week. Haven't had time to explore the non-Heckler parts there yet.

Feel free to add suggestions, make corrections, hijack, flame, whatever. I'm going on vacation.

(I realize there's the Shade Solo Leveling Guide out there. But it's on the shade forum and shade specific. And it's got those annoying spirits that I hate fighting cuz of that nano drain. Otherwise it's a good guide and I refer to it frequently when looking for new places to go.)

P.S. Your mileage may vary. No guarantees on uber XP. Just something else to kill. Be careful of adds, SL mobs are funky. But you knew that already, didn't ya?
    Last edited by Jajangmyun; Jul 19th, 2004 at 08:42:06.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

Good post, and a fine example of things to do that's more fun than hecklers all day.

I can add Spirit Palace in Penumbra. As the name says, lots of spirits here. None of them has DoT's/Drains, and they are about 160-170ish. Pretty weak, but can be dangerous in numbers (as anything can). Not too-bad XP for people just over 160, and since there's a heap of them you can gain XP fairly fast without much risk with a nice team. (made about 20mill in about an hour in a two-man team of me and an enf).

It may not be as fast as hecks, but it's damn much more fun.
    Seth "Pestillence" Walrus
    Proud member of
    ~ Society of Salvation ~
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who Shall Guard The Guardians?

Thanks for posting this ... I really try to avoid the mess with hecklers and this saves me a lot of running around
    Chadra

"I don't kill rebel scum ...
    ... I just heal the folks that do"

Re: Non-Heckler Smashing Outdoor Hunting in SL

"Feel free to add suggestions, make corrections, hijack, flame, whatever."

Elysium:

* Cold Rock, lots of green spiders, couple named; quite a few people come here and pathing can be funky, so trains happen every now and then.

* Chronos Canyon, bone dragons graveyard filled with dragons and devourers. Dragons like to stun. bad dragons. l.100'ish

Scheol:

* spider ring west of Twilight Basin, with 7 named spiders dropping nice pattern pieces and respawning fast -- by the time you make full circle the place is ready for another round. The experience is lower than what the Chimeras give, but the patterns make up for it since the pocket bosses can drop brain symbiants good for these levels, and with so many spiders there you'll put together complete patterns quick.

* eastern edge from the Halls of Scheol, plenty of croakers but packed somewhat tight. Good training before Adonis and area near Ergo in Scheol. ;s

Can't remember levels for those, spiders are 110-120'ish, croakers a bit higher i think.

One bit of advise though those spiders in Scheol have high ACs for there level. Generally around 4000+ AC. The Chimera north of them at the same level has half their ACs, and if you are an MA you can gain about 50 points a hit if you go energy fist. Its great to do the Chimeras though if you have a good puller, IE somebody fast with no damage shields. A team of 80+ can do them if cooridinated well, even though some chimera are level 120+. Be sure to have lots of ACs though.
    Martin
    Greyboar Rk2 MA ------- Ignace Rk2 Fixer
    Relaed Rk2 Trader------- Rascogne Rk2 Trader
    Volleyball Rk2 MP ------- Yvonne Rk2 MP
    DirtyHarry Rk2 Enf ------ Zulkeh Rk2 Engineer
    Dara Rk2 Adv----------- Marechal Rk2 Soldier
    DrZhivago Rk2 Doc ----- NurseJoann Rk2 Doc

err...

fighting anything other than hecks is almost a sloit.

i have leveled a couple of times in the static dungeons - its more fun than the rk mishes because the have more eye candy. lewt is different. and you have to run out - which adds new problems compaired to just waiting fo grid.

Just takes a few peeps with a little of imagination.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Back from vacation. Thanks to the above for additions, updates. Would love to see more.

About the L110ish Bone Dragons near The Fallen Forest, that stun nano of theirs is durn annoying. I tend to avoid the stunners and nano-drainer mobs if I can.

SWish from the Bone Dragons at the Fallen Forest is some temple... some of those crippler type mobs and some others. I need to go back and check.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

Right near the dragons in that temple are Archbile Imps. They are the same level range as the dragons, and i always take my toons there to level. couple things to look out for while there (especially so if you solo) is the 2 Minx bosses which are surprisingly tough for their level. plus there are a few named Imp mobs that are tough as well. i usually pulled 1 imp way out of the temple just to be safe.

Imotherearth

For the Pen sprits, my org took a team there (WITH Kels casting NT) and we levelled pretty darned fast because of their low HP. Enf and everyone else just kill off anything that gets close to the NT.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

how about..explore some RK for a while?

OT camp in the rocks in tir county lvl 20ish

OT camp in VW (thats varmint woods for those who dont know and have never been to RK) lvl 40-60..

Shades in greater tir...lvl 60-80...

oh..wait...nm..forgot they nerfed those camps about 6months after release. (if u were there..u know what im talkin about).

Originally posted by celestiness
    how about..explore some RK for a while?

OT camp in the rocks in tir county lvl 20ish

OT camp in VW (thats varmint woods for those who dont know and have never been to RK) lvl 40-60..

Shades in greater tir...lvl 60-80...

oh..wait...nm..forgot they nerfed those camps about 6months after release. (if u were there..u know what im talkin about).
    I started this specifically for RK since that's the new playfield that is also less explored. It's where most of the players are if a new player is looking for a team. But when new players come along and ask where the teams or the XP are, they are usually told just one thing: hecklers. So a list of things in SL to kill other than hecklers would be nice, I suppose. There have been a few threads (long long ago) covering the outdoor hunting spots on RK. I even had them printed out... Let me see what I can dig up....

Nova's old RK hunting grounds list which is a bit outdated now. There were a few others I had but kinda patchy.

edit: fixed link.
    Last edited by Jajangmyun; Jul 27th, 2004 at 23:41:41.

others

ninjas. cyborgs. still give xp like before, not as good as hecks, but they still give xp.

also, alvin/dodga mobs done at the appropriate level ranges.

A couple of orgmates and I (about lvl 180) had fun doing a large circut of the dynacamps in pm

Ani
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

The real problem is. There is nothing in the entire game world that gives as good, or even CLOSE to as good, XP / SK as hecklers and Mortigs do.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Originally posted by Anualken
    For the Pen sprits, my org took a team there (WITH Kels casting NT) and we levelled pretty darned fast because of their low HP. Enf and everyone else just kill off anything that gets close to the NT.
    This is an AWESOME place to start off in Penumbra, because not only will you level fast but you will also gain the Frags of the Source for the Penumbra Key as well as patterns that drop some decent symbiants.
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv