Thread: Token Guns and The Clan Gun Quest

Token Guns and The Clan Gun Quest

Is this the most laborious quest in the world? Or am I doing somethign wrong. I dutifully went and filled 6 backpacks with Sticky and Westinghouse guns then hotfooted it back to Wailing Wastes.

High Commander Fielding and High Commander Hoover are no problem as you can summon them via the co-ordinators. However, I didn't know this at the start and got 3 crushing devices from each which I filled with various numbers of the Westinghouses and Stickies. The problem then is this. Smug only spawns every 3 or so hours, gets killed by omnis, I get the chance to exchange a crushing device with him, but he'll only accept one at a time and give me one reciept. So then I got to go back to the right commander, get the reward and some tower gun reciept, then wait for Smug to spawn again.

All of this and I only show 2 missions in my mission window - one to take the tower gun reciept to Smug and one to take sticky-filled crushing device to him as well. None for the other 5 crushing devices I have in various states of fullness.

Couple of questions:
    1) Will Smug accept more than one crushing device at a time (i.e. is this blocked as soon as I have a reciept from him in my inventory?)
    2) When the 3 hours mission time runs out (if I don't log out in between looking for smug spawn) does my crushing device disappear? or can I request a new one from the high commanders, delete the new empty one and put the all ready full crushing device in its place.
    3) is there any way to speed this whole thing up? why on earth would ANYONE buy bags of token guns - isn't it quicker just to do "real" fight-em missions?

you cannot fill more than one at a time. (so basicly, the others you've gotten are wasted).

If omni raid him every 3 hours, on the clock, this way of getting tokens isn't the best idea, but omni never raided him every 3 hours on the clock before. Just check at some odd times, and he might be up.
    Azance - 208 doc soli RK2
    Abrayndr - 138 atrox NT RK2
    some others, etc

Just ask the omnis present to give you 5 minutes to finish your quest before they kill.

That works with us and 95% of the other people doing Smug.

Omnis got the same problem with clanners killing Eel.
    Proud veteran of Tranquility(Atlantean)

Afelia - Opifex trader : PvM armour
    Adv: Armour -Trox Melee Adventurer by heart.

SWG doesn't have leets... there's no competition -Cold
    We will not be able to hit the barn from the inside! - Spluggzter
    Hmmmm, I am still too gimped to live - Baxie

Ok. here's some more info that I have found out:

High Commander Fielding gives the quest for the Westinghouse Plasmas
    High Commander Harris (or something like that) gives the quest for the Sticky guns

Each of these quests only gives you like 3 hours and a bit to complete - pretty bad if you miss teh Supply Master Smug spawn (presuming you already have your token guns before turning up to get the quests).

So I got a quest (therefor a crushign device from each of them), then filled these with 12 of the appropriate token guns, then got another quest and crushing device from each of them and filled this with 11 of the guns (as the "filled"device is a unique item, you cannot have more than one with teh SAME amount of guns in it at any one time). Note...in your mission tab, it still only shows that you have 2 missions rather than 4.

When Smug respawns, exchange these two full crushing devices for reciepts, then fly back quickly to the respective High Commanders, exchange the reciepts for tokens and a chit for a tower gun from Smug. I also got one more mission from each commander at this stage, leaving me with 2 spare crushing devices, 2 partly full crushing devices and 2 new missions showing up in my mission box. Dashing back to Smug, change the two tower gun chits for tower guns (no idea what these are worth) and completely fill the two nearly full crushing devices then exchange these for reciepts and go round in circles again....

So...you CAN have more than one crushing device but not more than one mission from each commander - i just found that having the spare crushing device enabled me to do the slow filling bit whilst waiting for Smug to respawn. You cannot however have more than one reciept or tower gun chit from each commander (these are unique items and you can have one from each commander at the same time, as they have the commander's name in the description).

Note. I found there was a particular omni group that was camping Smug for the last 4 spawns who were pretty rude about waiting - they'd not attack for like 3 mins and then someone would attack even though they could see we were still desperately trying to complete the quest. I LMAO however, when on the 4th spawn, Smug killed their tank, then proceeded to pick them off one by one as they ran around trying to avoid him...afterwards he went back to his normal place and we could all complete our quests in peace for the next hour. At this time, Smug was spawning around 25 mins past the hour at 2.25, 5.25, 8.25 etc... although this may change I guess.

Note 2. If you can't find either of the two high commanders when you need them, talk to the Co-ordinators who stand nearby - they each deal with one of the commanders and "arrange an apointment" for you which basically means the commander reappears in their normal place pretty much straight away. Took me ages to figure that out as I thought they too had been killed and I had to wait for a respawn.