Thread: Changing the upgrade in your deck

Changing the upgrade in your deck

As some of you may know I recently got my deck stuck with the triangle (nanocost reduction) upgrade. Despite numerous petitions they refused to reimburse me with my old deck and it was not possible to use a chip to upgrade it to a different type.

Today I made an awesome discovery. The dissassembler tool can be used to restore the original cyberdeck. The tool is used up in the process, ie each time you wish to change the type of your deck you'll need a dissassembler tool and a chip.

So we do have some versatility after all, it just means we need to stock up on chips/tools .

I'm now a happy nt again .
    Last edited by sike; Sep 15th, 2004 at 02:46:55.
    I lub u long time

Deathpoke level 170/11-wip MA! :P
    Mobtrix Level 165/10 Enforcer - Perkreset
    Tripletrix level 165/10 NT - Perkreset
    Lotuslove level 112/11 adv -Lovechild

Wanna join Ragnarok click here

Aoc -Battlecar - Rili lvl 80 Rangerz!

OH that's great news. I have one of those sitting in my bank so now I know I can change my next if I end up wanting the damage mod.

Did you see if it required any particular skill to disassemble?
    Isadara level 214 NT AL 12 (Gear and Perks)-- Rimor
    Valdene level 197 Fixer (Gear and Perks) -- Rimor

General of Project Eden

I didnt notice that there was a skill requirement to do it. The only tradeskill I have is NP which was at approx 1400 - so easily doable for 200+ nts even if that were the skill required.
    I lub u long time

Deathpoke level 170/11-wip MA! :P
    Mobtrix Level 165/10 Enforcer - Perkreset
    Tripletrix level 165/10 NT - Perkreset
    Lotuslove level 112/11 adv -Lovechild

Wanna join Ragnarok click here

Aoc -Battlecar - Rili lvl 80 Rangerz!

Wonderful news! I can use my triangle then and get some use out of it until I get init or dmg.
    Eldridge "Random23" Cardinal
    Officer of 3305 Local

Random23 (215 NT)
    Therin23 (level 220 Crat)
    Wakka23 (level 220 Enforcer)
    Drwho23 (level 211 Doctor)

That is great news, I am really glad you got that one sorted Sike!
    NT Motto: Veni, Vidi, Cucurri.
    Rahmorak, Clan Solitus NT
    How much damage are YOUR nukes doing?

Sorry you had to suffer to discover this but it's awesome news!

I never loot aliens so I've never seen this tool.. I guess you are talking about this: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=253167 ? Is it normal alien drop or generals or what?
    Nelle, RK2 Clan Keeper
    Triskweline, RK2 Clan NT
    Zubrus, Grumpy Old Crat

Drops from generals - and we all passed them to engis so far
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

Oh, now that is cool.

Life gets better and better for us NTs.
    Armageddon "Armawar" War
    President of The Atlantian Pact
    205/9 Clan Nanotechnician (RK1)
    Gear :: Profile :: Website

"You see the killbots have a preset kill limit; knowing their weakness I sent wave after wave of my own men at them until they reached their limit and shutdown." - Capt. Zap Brannigan

<3 Sike, glad you got your deck fixed
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Awesome grats sike just what we need more ubarness =p

btw your sig still says your level 20
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Grats Sike.

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

This is indeed good news.
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

No more -% nano cost

And it's awsome that we can change the upgrades, allows us some flexibility even though I dont see myself changing it often.
    Smuzz - 220 - NT - RK1
    Proud General of the Squishy Unit in Ragnarok
    The Reclaiminator

Does the chip mold get used up in the process?
    210 Voxware
    I think I'm a trader... things are kinda fuzzy and dusty right now

I used the Square chip mold on my Izzy cyberdeck, and got the -5% nano cost, even though other NTs got +3% add nano damage. After lot of discussions and GM calling, it seems that the chip molds have different effect on different breed and gender. Im a Solitus Male and the Square chip mold was not the correct item to combine with CD if u want +3% add nano damage. I used the tool on the CD to reset it , with success!! 1 Question to You NTs out there: anyone know which is the correct chip mold for a Sol Male NT to get the +3% add nano damage bonus?
    Last edited by nasaram; Sep 20th, 2004 at 19:25:21.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by nasaram
    I used the Square chip mold on my Izzy cyberdeck, and got the -5% nano cost, even though other NTs got +3% add nano damage. After lot of discussions and GM calling, it seems that the chip molds have different effect on different breed and gender. Im a Solitus Male and the Square chip mold was not the correct item to combine with CD if u want +3% add nano damage. I used the tool on the CD to reset it , with success!! 1 Question to You NTs out there: anyone know which is the correct chip mold for a Sol Male NT to get the +3% add nano damage bonus?
    You should use the tradeskill interface (Shift T) to check out the result prior to combining items.
    ZeRiddler(220/30/70) - Current Equipment Setup - Current Perks Setup - First lvl 220 clanner NT on RK2!
    Power-Gamer At-Large - So eager to play, so reluctant to admit it... Blogging about The MMORPG World in a Nutshell!
    TinyMiner Auto Mining Bot for Eve Online - A veritable ISK machine, this is your EVE ONLINE MINER of choice!
    With such an Eve Online Mining Bot you will dominate New Eden! Become an Eve Online tycoon with this EVE MINING BOT!

vara cool, Sike
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Thx for the reply, I should have stated that i used the tradeskill window on the combine, and got the wrong result, so I dont trust it 8). That is why I was asking

Great discovery *sending thank you feedback*