Thread: Xan Rune Language

Xan Rune Language

Using Dyna18's partially translated Runes, I have managed to /partially/ translate what I consider to be 75% of the Rune texts displayed on walls, statues, and various other locations and from what I understand and see...

95% of what I have found is bunk.

Here are some translations from Mordeath Sanctuary Statue:

aoea ei_c vnLhc _ _ s < wtf?

Here is some translation from inside Number 9's pyramid:

_ _ gy _ n _ i _ iav

g_ni

That's pretty messed up and considering B F J K Q R W and X don't have runes to match (I've found non translated runes but I can't match them to letters because nothing is spelled) it's bunk.

Bunk.

Story? Where? Oh. Pandemonium Backstory thread, eh oh el, how about some damn clarity...

Or do I have to go to EQ for that?

rofl they didnt even manage to make some silly word atleast?

Quote Originally Posted by Charfbiz2
    rofl they didnt even manage to make some silly word atleast?
    aoea ei_c vnLhc _ _ s <--- Try saying that fast :P Yup, that's a silly word, if you can call it that ^^
    Seth "Pestillence" Walrus
    Proud member of
    ~ Society of Salvation ~
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who Shall Guard The Guardians?

You guys suck.

You guys are no help. ><

Pfft, if you'd translated old viking runes, they would make no sense to you either. It's written in Xan language!

I bet "aoea ei_c vnLhc _ _ s" means something like "enter here and die" in English.
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

or "last one in is an immortal fungus"

->Sethic 220/30!/70 - Equip - Tetnman - Proud President of TETN / Hunter of Gridmonkeys - Atlantean
    ->Grittlez 2xx/29/6* - Equip - ex155.
    ->Vaithic 150/20/** - Equip - Euthanasia through means of oversized cannons (ETMOSC tm).
    ->Vaithe 150/15 - Sleeping...
    ->Wrangletit - Billy Bob Monocle - Grumpy salestrox and carry-all.
    -> Some alts not worth mentioning

TETN <3
    Server first to say "GUUUHUHUHUHN" out loud.

"95% of what I have found is bunk."

could be written in the 'Xan language' or whatever... it was pretty odd one, from the samples you can find in item descriptions:

'Anun Laeth Thum' -- (Flux Pistol)
    'Julead An Panc' -- 'Find a Target' (Jake)
    'Nader Awad-Ero Manacthabol' -- 'Beauty that brings tears to your eyes' (Turn Spirit of Beauty)

and so on... though would be cool if the writing was actually possible to understand ^^;;

I think it IS disappointing that some of the Runes DO seem to translate (as per Dyna18's translation) but that some of the Runes DO NOT seem to translate. I've often wondered if the writings on the Pyramid in Home meant anything, since they seem similar to the ones in SL.

Guess that FC spent more time coming up with strange mob names rather than coming up with an ancient language!
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

its 1337 speak yo.

it says "I pwnzored El Feret cuz hes a biznitch"

also says "Galahad suxx0rz"

obviously this is unredeemed propoganda graphitti

You could say that sometimes it translitterates to English quite well and other times it requires a knowledge of the ancient language of the Xan (and dialects), if you are an RP type... which i'm not :P
    2003-2004 full time addict
    2004-2005 full time testlive
    2005-2006 full time addict to another game
    2006 occasional testlive