Thread: Discoveries of Wonder, Inventions of Marvel II

Discoveries of Wonder, Inventions of Marvel II

Sat Nov 13, 20:00 GMT - Reets Retreat (Fireplace room)- RK1

Rubi-Ka Universal Robots, RUR, would like to invite scientists, engineers, medical researchers, mathematicians and inventors of all factions to take part in the second Isaac Asimov Scientific Symposium. If you have made any interesting discoveries, formulated a new intriguing hypothesis or just stumbled accidentally on a magnificent new invention you wish to discuss this with your peers in a friendly environment with a lot of alcohol, please give get in touch.

If you plan to speak at the symposium, please post your name and your topic below. Time premitting, we will allow speakers who just turn up on the day to make their speeches too, but preference will be given to those who have booked their presenation in advance

Hope to see you all there,

Dabblez

Rubi-Ka Universal Robots

/ooc

This is a roleplaying event. What we are looking for is a few speakers willing to give a little 15-20 minute in-game presentation about something vaguely scientific and vaguely AO related. The science doesn’t have to make sense as long as it’s entertaining. You can work alone or in groups, use any props if you like anything goes!

We ran this event last Novemebr and it was a blast. The logs from last November's Scientific Symposium can be found HERE

If you think you might like to get involved in this, reply to this thread or give Dabblez a tell.
    Last edited by Savoy; Oct 16th, 2004 at 10:31:16.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I will most definitely be there! I am going to speak about the speed and/or weight of speed cameras, or alternatively about the hidden world of the Omni-Entertainment's little cleaning robots, those unknown soldiers. The latter is bordering on social science, so the report may not be ready in time, given the difficult subject. I promise you however, that the results from my speed camera experiment are groundbreaking.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Hey, man. Bogosorter here, man. I got this, like, great speech, man. It's like The Use of Kyr'Okh'kh (ahem). Okay, like, let's try this again, man. It's on The Use of Kyr'Ozk'k'k (ahem). Right, man. It's like The Use of Kyr... Aah... zzz... ch Weapons in Alien Society, Man. Yeah, man, that's it. Be there or be square, man.
    Last edited by Autumnleaves; Oct 17th, 2004 at 23:25:39.

We still can use more speakers!

Hmmm, very interesting. I very well may have to attend. I may even report on some research on the social and technological habits of Rhinomen.

-Rene

/ooc I don't know if I'll have that day off or not, but I'd love to attend. In addition, I've just created a new toon, "Franknfurter" after watching the Rocky Horror Picture Show last night. In just seven days, he can make you a man. Wouldn't that be a marvel of science?
    The Independent Rubi-kans, making Neutrality a legitimate option in the face of adversity since 29475!

Rene "Mondobizarro" Renetti, Sisyphean Spokesperson for the Opposition of Oppression

Explorer 66% Socializer 60% Achiever 46% Killer 26%, Bartle Test

I sure hope you can make it Rene!

We have a few speakers lined up now, but there is still room for more.

This sounds like an interesting event. I wouldnt mind going just to listen to everyone speak.

Sign me up. I'll be presenting the findings Xeno-Tek(private alien tech research company I've funded) has made into their alien technology research.

Currently, we're checking with our corporate laywers to see what we can or cannot release pending what we can get declassified.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

As a new OT engineer I look forward to attending this event. I am not yet sure if any of my work with the company would be available to the general public but I will look into the matter more and perhaps post again should I be able to find anything nearly as useful to the community as Bogosorter's groundbreaking Leet studies...

Thank you guys. Whether just speakers or as members of the audience you are all welcome. No discovery, no theory is big or too small to be presented at the symposium!

Dabblez

It's tomorrow!