Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whisper's Edge Declaration.

Whisper's Edge Declaration.

Greetings citizen's of Rubi-ka.

I am Cathern Flowers, leader of Whisper's Edge and a member of the Council of Truth Clerical staff. I was unable to attend yesterday's meeting and fulfill my role as the unofficial Speaker of the Council. Thank you Maephina for filling in. It must have been very trying and I'm sure you did admirably.

I have just reviewed the logs from yesterdays CoT meeting. For those unaware, a group of what appeared to be neutral radicals temporarily seized control of the Tower of Truth. Logs of the meeting are available as usual at http://www.counciloftruth.org/ . This is to me an intolerable action and retribution must be meted out to those responsible.

It is well known in many circles that Whisper's Edge has always believed in the right of peoples to stay out of the conflict between Clan and Omni. Some abhor violence and war. Some just don't see the point of it. Others just want to make credits and put food on their tables. With these people, Whisper's Edge has always tried to maintain their right to stay out of the way and live their lives as unmolested by the conflict as possible.

However....there are those that have continually prodded the Clans. For whatever reason they act overtly against the interests of the Clans and therefore against the interests of Whisper's Edge. There are those that have openly declared war on the Clans. They have made themselves the enemy though they still are not Omni. The Nanomage Liberation Front comes to mind though they are not alone.

If the neutral parties that attacked the Tower of Truth and the Council members in attendance are found to be sponsored by a neutral company or organization, Whisper’s Edge will issue a formal statement of hostile intent against said neutrals. Whisper's Edge will not however categorically lump everyone who is not Clan as an enemy.

To the neutrals that are as appalled by the actions yesterday as I am, I ask that you provide any information on those responsible. There are those in the Council who wish to bring further bloodshed to ALL neutrals because of this event. While I am not speaking on behalf of the Council, I as a Clan leader can almost feel the shifting of views among moderate clans if there isn't a prompt resolution and full co-operation in finding any information about yesterday’s criminals.

Thank you for your time. May the twin suns and the three moons guide your paths.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I wish to express my condemnation for any such acts of terror. What the grievances this radical group claimed to have, there are better, more effective and more civilised methods of getting one's point across. Violence is rarely the right answer.

Moreover the Council of Truth is the wrong target. the CoT is important to all Rubi-Ka. Sure, many outside observers have been disappointed by the strong showing in of the Sentinels, but in the end if there is to be any form of negotiated settlement, we need a unified Clan entity to negotiate with. And that can only be the CoT.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

*wonders what the hell has happened to the place while he goes out for a walk somewhere*

I return and find this bloody mess. Firstly, to Vixentrox and also to all the other members of the Council of Truth, speaking as both a neutral, a former President of the IR, I would like to give you my full sympathies to all those hurt in this most evil of attacks.

We are currently trying to assist some of the CoT members who have been open enough to speak to the neutral population and as such wish to offer whatever resources we can, in the tracking down, and elimination of terrorists like this. We understand that there is many different types of neutral organisation out there, and some don’t believe in any kinds of peaceful means at all, and tend to act to the highest bidder. But as yet we have seen no evidence to link too them.

As a neutral, I do have to admit the situation with Silverstone and Tir is one which we find totally unacceptable, and also one which at its most basic level goes against everything the Clans believe in with freedom. And from the many Clans I have spoken with since the attack, can only see some kind of insane escalation or problems if this is allowed to continue.

So far the only people we can see who might possibly benefit from this is either Omni-Tek or the Sentinels. Yet solid evidence is currently lacking for us to make either accusation at the moment. I still believe it is possible to come to some kind of peaceful, negotiated peace between the Clans and the Neutral population. And as such would at anytime he saw fit, be open to discuss his problems with the Neutrals with Mr Silverstone, or with the CoT on there terms.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

You know, when first I heard of this atrocity, I asked myself who would benefit the most from it. It seemed to me that there were one of two options. First, it could be Omni-tek who would benefit most the Clans shifting their attention away from Omni-tek and towards the neutrals. Secondly, an act as idiotic as this benefits 1/9 of the CoT beautifully, as it justifies their fanatical hatred towards neutrals.

As I read through the minutes of the CoT meeting, however, something dawned on me. While the Sentinels may benefit from this in the short term, it won't last. These shades have accomplished one thing and one thing alone. They have widened the division in the clans. Those who hated the neutrals to begin with hate them now more than ever, and now some have even begun to question the loyalty of other clans. Those who were indifferent to the neutrals now seem even more resolute in their opposition to Silverstone than they were before.

Considering also the fact that the the only OT employee with the position and the desire to offer a palm branch to the clans has been spirited away from Rubi-ka under mysterious circumstances leads me to suspect either some sort of Omni-Prime involvement or ICC involvement, as they are the groups who benefit the most by the threat of civil war between the clans (as implied by the threat of Conflicted Singularity's President towards Whisper's Edge). In addition, they are the only forces on Rubi-ka with the resources to send more troops to Rubi-ka from offworld. That said, these are mere speculations on my part. I will not accuse any one group of foul play until more evidence is in.

I cannot speak for all neutrals or even all those in my organization, but I personally wish to see swift justice inflicted on all those responsible for so blatently threatening the fragile peace between Neutrals and the Clans.

Finally, Vixentrox, I applaud you and your organization's refusal to bow down before those warmongers who are seething for the opportunity to make "the rivers of Rubi-ka run with the blood of neutrals."

-Rene
    Last edited by mondobizarro; Nov 8th, 2004 at 02:40:32.
    The Independent Rubi-kans, making Neutrality a legitimate option in the face of adversity since 29475!

Rene "Mondobizarro" Renetti, Sisyphean Spokesperson for the Opposition of Oppression

Explorer 66% Socializer 60% Achiever 46% Killer 26%, Bartle Test

I find it very amusing in a way, that some Clan members can be so easily fooled and lead astray.

Here you have 6 neutral kids in a very poorly planned hostage situation, they are quickly killed and what happens next? The Clans start tearing themselves to pieces over wether or not to go to war against all neutral civilians on the planet?

Had it not been such a sad thing I would have laughed. For the truth remains. The Civilians have no government, no ruling body. There are no laws and regulations, nothing that bind the civilians together other than the fact that they are civilians. Now, a few of these non affiliated people, of these Other people on the planet picks up arms and goes and attack some Clan members, and suddenly ALL civilians must die?

It's like saying "A leet bit me in the finger in Avalon and now I have to go kill all the Leets on the entire planet because they are obviously not as harmless as they appear to be (and obviously not neutral at all), and I'm sure that the Nasty Leet will then understand what he has done and never do it again."

That is to truly loose sight over what is really going on. The planet is under attack from without and within and I clearly remember someone once using the words Divide And Conquer.

Will you let yourself be divided and thus conquered?

Let the guilty be tracked and dealt with, but punishing all by the actions of a few? Well not only will it demean the Clans, it will also be giving the enemies or Rubi-Ka herself the first part of the victory.
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

Yes Trisagiona, but the leets are both a devious and mixed bunch...nothing binds them together other than the freedom they want from the oppression from the mini-mammoths and the ratyys. Freedom is something strange, something said mini-mammoths keep ranting about yet at the first chance they get, want to take from others. Such wierd little creatures. And as for the leets, well they just carry on in there abstract, out-there wierd little ways. Doing there own thing, ignoring everything else just wanting an easy life without being bullied by the mini-mammoths and the rattys.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Firstly allow me to express my sorrow for those injured in this atrocity. As Clan liaison for my organization you all have my full cooperation in this investigation. I would also propose any neutral leaders concerned with this matter please contact me in setting up a task force to investigate and aide the clans in ensuring that these terrorist are brought to justice in a timely manor.

As to speculate I am not sure who has the most to gain from such a blatant act of terrorism. I seriously doubt any mainstream neutral organization would have in part in such a reckless and detrimental act of violence.

Omni could gain from this in that it would further deteriorate Neutral / Clan relations. I do find it very odd that only a week after a heated discussion via these grid forms discussing the Neutral political climate that something of this nature would occur. Its now as if someone is pulling marionette strings from behind a curtain. This will further separate the moderate clans and the militant less neutral friendly clans in the Council and may create a civil war within the clans, which I am sad to say murmuring s of such have been rumored to have already begun.

We must ask ourselves who has the most to gain from all of this? Please do not let history repeat itself. I do remember not long where a small Clan uprising and isolated civil war was the fall of the CoT. Is someone again striving to collapse the CoT once more... or maybe merely vying for power? This could all possibly a fringe terrorist group, but it reeks of a conspiracy to me.
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

I agree on both accounts given by both Trisagonia and the ever lovely Cyani on this affair. Let us be careful now, and not create an atmosphere in which we risk overthrowing all we have accomplished.
    What, in fact, is my most immediate concern, is how this little raggedy band of shades gained access so easily to our beloved CoT building. How could they, seemingly not having any techie expertise, ridicule a security system hailed to be nearly impenetrable by our CoT Staff and others?

Theories exist, and I for one will demand that we get to the bottom of this incident, asap!
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Very true Cogs, and I would...without pointing any fingers refer to the logs of that evening as presenting by the CoT that it seemed curious that "certain people" left the building shortly before the arrival of the shades. And Isn't it odd these said shades had full access, and security passwords to all the systems. It just smells too much like an inside job of some kind...that or someone on the inside knows a bit more than is currently telling atleast.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Typical act of Neutrals and then denying any knowledge of it afterwards and blaiming our own.. The increasing attacks on Clan towers by Neutrals working with Omnis and the increasing Neutral accusations against the CoT and now this, it has got to end! How are you people going to weasel your way out of all this, with a good explanation?
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Am I the only one who noticed that Ms. Flowers was "unable" to attend the CoT meeting on the one day it was attacked?

Just an observation.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

I just recieved the logs and, well sad, interesting and disgusting.

sad:
    We neutrals are always attacked adn picked on from all sides.
    We cant travel safe through omni nor clan territory doing our own business without beeing attacked.
    We cant buy or sell at your shops.
    We cant even get a frelling Bronto Burger out side our own citys!
    BUT this course of action is not the way to go. violence is not always the answer. I wont give up the hope that we can accomplish a peacefull and safe life without the need to rip everybody into little pieces that wont see reason.
    And honestly I cant believe that this incident was performed by real neutrals. or the end would have been looked different.

interesting:
    i know that it is easy to get into the council building prior ot a council meeting,
    last time i did it (I think it was even the meeting of the rimor chamber prior to this incident) there were only a hand full of people (jacobi and humbold were the best known of them), and after talking for like 15 minutes over the weather they cancelled the meeting for this day. I wonder why, did they know that nothing would happen?

But that it is also so easy to get in the building after the meeting begun, is good too know.

you say those terrorist have been shades? hmm... well well...

From the log I believe that the group attackig the council didnt even knwo why exactly they are there, they acted kinda confused. absolutly not what I would use.

disgusting:
    after those shades had invaded the building some of the representatives begun right away to throw threads against all neutral citicens around, and bregged how they would lay nlc and borealis into ashes. very disgusting! I realy hope the next group that attacks you will be a well trained commando under neutral order and not such a bunch of animals on the loose. may the council be burned down to its foundation walls and simon be staked out in the middle of the smoking ruins! RUBI-KA FOR THE NEUTRALS!!!
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

CoT Press Release November 8th, 29478 ~ Atlantean Chamber

ON November 6th, 29478 while the Atlantean Council held it's 7th monthly session, a group of individuals identifying themselves only as "members of a neutral group" seized control of the Truth Tower's security systems and held everyone in attendance hostage.

After using the tower defenses to terminate one of the council's attendees, they made their demands known to the Representatives:

Remove the Sentinels from Tir.

Although it seems their initial intent was to hold those of us there for an hour while we made some effort to have Simon Silverstone and the Sentinels pull out of Tir, they were met with resistance.
    A battle inside Truth tower ensued with this group of "Shades" and, after two of their number had been slain the others made an attempt to flee the tower only to be cut down in the effort.

Theories abound and many questions remain unanswered as the investigation goes into full swing.

A few of these theories and questions are:

Omni-Tek ; Are they responsible or even involved? And what would they have to gain by this terrorist action? Some suggest it is an attempt to undermine the fragile allegiance to the CoT the represented clans now enjoy.

The Neutrals; As the group directly involved with these attacks identified themselves as Neutrals, could it be that they were acting as the arm of another, yet to be determined individual or organization?

Perhaps these neutrals are in line with the trend of neutral extremism that has afflicted many Clan and Omni operations planet-wide.

Could it be that the events on Saturday were in fact the direct result of careless security protocols and the involvement by some of the Council’s representatives with organizations who operate outside the constraints or any formalized government body?

Perhaps the clans are faced with internal conspiracy undertaken by members of the Council it’s self out to satisfy their own agendas and aspirations.

Indeed, these questions and many others are all worthy of investigation. As tensions run high between the Clans themselves and the Neutral populace, many are rushing to do their part to stem the tide of civil war and unrest that these events could precipitate.
    Last edited by Maephina; Nov 9th, 2004 at 17:26:37.
    Charissa Maephina Vein
    212 Metaphysicist
    My RP Profile Conflicted Voice Pak Plus!
    Somehow i just know that Haiku Poets, Mimes and Martha Stewart will have something to do with the end of the world... ~Escritores

Exclamation

Mummu, it's time to lay off the stims, man. While I vehemently disagree with some of the words spoken at the CoT meeting, the adrenaline was pumping, they were hurt and violated and ready to lash out against anything and anyone, even each other. These words were spoken out of fear and hate, not out of reason. I am willing to bet that had I been in the same situation, my emotions would get the better of me as well and I might have said things that I regretted once I had calmed down.

Wishing harm on the Council because of these words uttered in time of duress is contemptible. Furthermore, promoting an agenda of "Rubi-ka for the Neutrals" is overly simplistic at best and tyrannical at worst. Would you honestly wish to deny the people of Rubi-ka the choice to remain faithful to the clans or to maintain their employment at Omni-tek?

Finally, you pull the exact same lousy argument that is leveled toward us Neutrals. You lump all clans into one homogenous group while failing to see the vast difference between the factions. There is no monolithic "THEM" out to get us. The differences between the Knights, the Sentinels and the Vanguards (just to name a few) are as vast as those between the NLF, Elite Operations, and the Independent Rubikans.

-Rene
    The Independent Rubi-kans, making Neutrality a legitimate option in the face of adversity since 29475!

Rene "Mondobizarro" Renetti, Sisyphean Spokesperson for the Opposition of Oppression

Explorer 66% Socializer 60% Achiever 46% Killer 26%, Bartle Test

((Maephina........pls use another text color......can hardly read that ))
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Mummu
    I just recieved the logs and, well sad, interesting and disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummu

sad:
    We neutrals are always attacked adn picked on from all sides.
    We cant travel safe through omni nor clan territory doing our own business without beeing attacked.
    We cant buy or sell at your shops.
    We cant even get a frelling Bronto Burger out side our own citys!
    BUT this course of action is not the way to go. violence is not always the answer. I wont give up the hope that we can accomplish a peacefull and safe life without the need to rip everybody into little pieces that wont see reason.
    And honestly I cant believe that this incident was performed by real neutrals. or the end would have been looked different.

interesting:
    i know that it is easy to get into the council building prior ot a council meeting,
    last time i did it (I think it was even the meeting of the rimor chamber prior to this incident) there were only a hand full of people (jacobi and humbold were the best known of them), and after talking for like 15 minutes over the weather they cancelled the meeting for this day. I wonder why, did they know that nothing would happen?

But that it is also so easy to get in the building after the meeting begun, is good too know.

you say those terrorist have been shades? hmm... well well...

From the log I believe that the group attackig the council didnt even knwo why exactly they are there, they acted kinda confused. absolutly not what I would use.

disgusting:
    after those shades had invaded the building some of the representatives begun right away to throw threads against all neutral citicens around, and bregged how they would lay nlc and borealis into ashes. very disgusting! I realy hope the next group that attacks you will be a well trained commando under neutral order and not such a bunch of animals on the loose. may the council be burned down to its foundation walls and simon be staked out in the middle of the smoking ruins! RUBI-KA FOR THE NEUTRALS!!!

Your statements are belligerent and only serve to throw more support in league with the extremist perception. Your sentiments here only lend justification to words that others who share the same perception as I have stated prior to and since the attack on Truth Tower.

If you are wise you would take stock of the Sentinel presence that now resides on Rubi-Ka. You would also take into account the larger number of clans who have in fact affiliated themselves with this Legacy (The Sentinels) clan since the Council’s reformation.

That in mind, although the ideal behind your statements may be perceived as courageous by some, the truth is they are foolhardy, uneducated, simple-minded views that bare no resemblance to what one would deem as ‘thinking outside the box.’

My own views and theories surrounding what took place on Saturday may award me a great deal of criticism from my peers and colleagues in and outside of the Council…but they are not unfounded or without merit.
    I recognize there are many among the…’mainstream neutral population’ who do not wish to see continued violence and terrorism against the Clans or Omni-Tek, or anyone on RK for that matter.
    But in recent days and weeks, and with continued assaults against Clan mining facilities in the north at the hands of so called ‘neutrals’, the number of these middle ground ‘independents’ seems to be dwindling at an alarming rate.

That can be taken as a sign of the times in it’s self. Perhaps there is reason to take stock of the neutral population and their movements on the whole as larger numbers seem to be involving themselves in political and military affairs that beforehand, did not concern them in the slightest.

Time will tell. We have yet to hear Mr. Silverstone’s on perception of these events, and the investigation surrounding the terrorist action Saturday has just begun. In time, evidence to either damn or exonerate the neutral population and/or other suspects will be found. And rest assured when it does, those responsible will pay a heavy cost.
    Last edited by Maephina; Nov 9th, 2004 at 00:21:22.
    Charissa Maephina Vein
    212 Metaphysicist
    Somehow i just know that Haiku Poets, Mimes and Martha Stewart will have something to do with the end of the world... ~Escritores

Quote Originally Posted by Cogs
    ((Maephina........pls use another text color......can hardly read that ))
    ((oopsie! hope that's better ))
    Charissa Maephina Vein
    212 Metaphysicist

Quote Originally Posted by Maephina
    I recognize there are many among the…’mainstream neutral population’ who do not wish to see continued violence and terrorism against the Clans or Omni-Tek, or anyone on RK for that matter, but in recent days and weeks, and with continued assaults against Clan mining facilities in the north at the hands of so called ‘neutrals’, the number of these middle ground ‘independents’ seems to be dwindling at an alarming rate.
    The numbers of neutrals in all areas is still smaller than that of the number of 'troxs which can squeeze into the Broto Burger in the middle of Tir. We are a relatively tiny group, yet we all have our own beliefs, and come in many many shades of grey. Do those shades ever change? its possible but it doesnt happen quickly and isn't something thats changed anytime soon.

Do we occassionly get an influx of criminals who distort the bigger world out there. Sadly yes, but thats something we don't have any control of, we have no government, we have no defined military force. We are mearly a collection of people who are out here for our freedom. Be that freedom from oppression, or freedom from the rule of law. The neutral population is the defining element of freedom, and sorry to point this out to the Clans folk who keep on wanting to deny us that. But our freedom is what you keep claiming you are fighting for. Yet it seems that its also what you want to fight to destroy.

The enemy is not the neutral population, no matter its different shades of grey. Its yourselves. You are the ones fighting for freedom supposidly, and you are the ones fighting to destroy it. Hate to put it bluntly but get your acts together!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach
    The numbers of neutrals in all areas is still smaller than that of the number of 'troxs which can squeeze into the Broto Burger in the middle of Tir. We are a relatively tiny group, yet we all have our own beliefs, and come in many many shades of grey. Do those shades ever change? its possible but it doesnt happen quickly and isn't something thats changed anytime soon.

Do we occassionly get an influx of criminals who distort the bigger world out there. Sadly yes, but thats something we don't have any control of, we have no government, we have no defined military force. We are mearly a collection of people who are out here for our freedom. Be that freedom from oppression, or freedom from the rule of law. The neutral population is the defining element of freedom, and sorry to point this out to the Clans folk who keep on wanting to deny us that. But our freedom is what you keep claiming you are fighting for. Yet it seems that its also what you want to fight to destroy.

The enemy is not the neutral population, no matter its different shades of grey. Its yourselves. You are the ones fighting for freedom supposidly, and you are the ones fighting to destroy it. Hate to put it bluntly but get your acts together!
    Nyadach,

Your own statements defy the logic inherent in them.
    When you stated "Do we occassionly get an influx of criminals who distort the bigger world out there. Sadly yes, but thats something we don't have any control of, we have no government, we have no defined military force. you put into words the root of the problem in my mind and most likely the mindset of the Sentinels.

A lawless population with no central government who comes and goes as they please, caring nothing for the laws and civil order of those around them are in fact nothing if not anarchists.

This lawlessness is exactly the thing that breeds terrorist training grounds and dissention among the populace. And because on the whole the neutral population does not agree with the practices or principles of many of the clans (Or Omni-tek for that matter) it leaves a lot of room for interpretation by those in a position to affect law and governemt over those who have none.
    You may disagree as is your right to do so but the facts speak for themselves.
    If the attacks on the Council had been carried out by Omni operatives, many would simply say "oh well there's a surprise." At least then we would know who is responsible and who to direct our rage towards.

But in this instance, the assailants were only defined as a 'neutral group' who wished to see changes affected within the security and policies the Sentinels have put in place for the continued safety of OUR city and OUR citizens.
    Some individuals seemed to have overlooked the truth of the matter: What business do Neutrals really have in the clan city of Tir in the first place? Why would you even want to set foot in our city when you are 'neutral' and really have no business there?

Is there some reason you can not facilitate your needs in Newland or Borealis that you should spend so much time debating this issue with the clans? What possible difference will it make?

In my mind this is more likely about the Neutral dissatisfaction with the Sentinel's view of the neutral population. That said, This isn't about Tir. This isn't about your 'right' to go into our city or not. It's about the neutrals being disspleased with their inability to enter a Clan-Held-City without getting shot.

Rarely have I been witness to a so called neutral taking stock of why the Sentinels have taken this position in the first place. Rarely has it been stated what the motivations were behind Mr. Silverstone's decision, if at all.
    Silverstone said "No neutrals in Tir or be shot on sight" and since that time all that's been heard is whining and bickering over the hard line taken by a legacy clan leader's decision.

You fail to look at the bigger picture yet you address it beautifully.
    You have no government. You have no central organization striving to communicate on the whole as a community with one voice. You have no direction. Only lawlessness and the middleground with which to take comfort in.

Perhaps the Sentinel hard line in Tir was a wake up call to the neutral population that the time for sitting on the sidelines and riding the fence is over. Another way one could look at that is this: Perhaps it would be beneficial to you all if you took a long hard look in the mirror and came to terms with the fact that you ARE alone, isolated and fragmented with no central leadership to lend assistance to you in these troubled times.
    Last edited by Maephina; Nov 9th, 2004 at 00:42:07.
    Charissa Maephina Vein
    212 Metaphysicist

A lawless population with no central government who comes and goes as they please, caring nothing for the laws and civil order of those around them are in fact nothing if not anarchists.
    Many will say the same about us Clanners.....and to some extent be correct. There are flaws to our system as well, and how we govern ourselves. Let us not try to elevate ourselves above that.

Nevertheless, what this little group managed to accomplish, was to fuel the fire of the warmongers. They will gain more followers as a result to this, and from that leads that Rubi-Ka has moved into more dangerous times.
    Again, it is imperative that we get to the bottom of this incident........together, if at all possible!
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast