Thread: Trader AI Bugs (Version 1)

Trader AI Bugs (Version 1)

Cz have requested bugs in Alien Invasion related to the Trader profession.

Bug : Definition

bug - An unwanted and unintended property of a program or piece of hardware, especially one that causes it to malfunction. E.g. "There's a bug in the editor: it writes things out backward."
    When posting bugs, try to imagine yourself explaining the bug to someone who have never heard about it before. This way we are 100% sure Cz and Devs undertand what you mean.

This thread is only ment for AI bugs. If you want to report a Trader that is not related to AI please go here.

AI Bugs :

• The Kyr shotgun dont seem to have any soundeffect.
    • In order to make the Salabim Shotgun the current rules are : QL of Fused Biotech Material >= Biomaterial Tubing. This means that the Fused Biotech always have to be higher or equal QL than the Tubing, and since the Tubing is the dominating part (decide the QL) you need QL300 of both part to make a QL300 weapon. Was this intended? Shoudnt the 90% rule exist here as well? Its the same situation with making Nizno blaster.
    • Initial Strike does not grey out when used.'
    • You need to target a mob to execute the Champions of Light artillery perks. It doesn't matter what mob you target, but the effect is on the current fighting target. Same forTap Vitae.
    Last edited by baffle; Jan 31st, 2005 at 14:48:55.
    | Evilbaffle - 220 Tra | Dominixe - 210 Doc | Maram - 207 Eng | Juling - 160 Enf |
    | Yumn - 169 NT | Niemo - 118 MP | Lucine - 185 Agent | Incision - 70 Shade |

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.- Herm Albright

AI weaponry in general and for sure Shotty is fubarred in terms of reqs to equip. I could equip a much better QL Shattergun for instance than a Kyrz'och Shotty, and the damage would come out in favor of the Shattergun. That's a shame because the Alien Shotty is so dang cool looking.
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    AI weaponry in general and for sure Shotty is fubarred in terms of reqs to equip. I could equip a much better QL Shattergun for instance than a Kyrz'och Shotty, and the damage would come out in favor of the Shattergun. That's a shame because the Alien Shotty is so dang cool looking.
    Thanks for the respons. However, this is not considered as a bug. This is how they were designed, so I would rather categorize this as a wish/concern.
    Last edited by baffle; Nov 15th, 2004 at 06:00:37.
    | Evilbaffle - 220 Tra | Dominixe - 210 Doc | Maram - 207 Eng | Juling - 160 Enf |

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.- Herm Albright

Unsticking to make the thread more visible.
    Sticking back in a few days.

The Kyr shotgun dont seem to have any soundeffect.

What about the new perks? Anyone found any bugs?

Well not really a bug..
    but the scaling on Tap Vitae before step 10 seems really off. Step 10 it's a decent perk.. before that It almost seems like a waste to execute... At our level at least.
    Banishedsoul 220 Trader on RK2 - [eqp] Proud General of Disciples of Omni-Tek
    Thordek 60 Soldier on RK2 - Twink in Training Visit us at www.disciplesot.org
    Naull 100 Doctor on RK2 - Going for 125 for CH whoring. After that who knows..
    My type is a SAE
    Socializer 86% / Achiever 46% / Explorer 46% / Killer 20%

In process of creating Salabim shotgun.

Biotech Tubing defines ql of Shotgun.
    Biotech Material needs to be same or higher ql then the Biotech Tubing.

That means to make ql 300 both parts need to be ql 300.
    Only gun I know about that has that.

Should either remove the "Must be same or higher" requirement.. or swap it over to the item defining QL.. Biotech Tubing.
    My type is a SAE

Destill life perk line specials have bugged icons, different recharge on specials making them hard to sync, specials do not affect eachother like it says in the desciption.

Basicly, the while line is borked, and the hard mods are way under par at higher lvls.

And if this isn't a bug, then I don't know wtf the devs at funcom are thinking...
    Last edited by Strupstad; Nov 17th, 2004 at 15:30:46.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

As of 15.7 the perks from the volunteer line Sacrafice and Purple Heart now require you to target self in order to cast.
    PuXX(220/24): an all around good for nothing trader.

Talking

Drains dont drain mob , Alienz in this case...
    they still hit for same damage and AR

220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

Initial Strike does not grey out when used.

Well now initial strike does not work at all really.... In PvM it does but in PvP its doesn't... When I only had 6 trained into it, it landed all the time cept for one time against a 215 Fixer after evades buff.... Now after I trained lvl 7, I cant make it land on a 154 MA!!!!! WTF??? Even when he took off all evade perks/buffs, still nothing..... Something is really wrong... I petitioned it and ark said everything is fine.But come on its not supposed to become less effective as you train more into the line is it? It used to be a good perk, but now its really USELESS!!!! Please dont make me reset all 7 points!!!!
    Last edited by HeXoUs; Dec 7th, 2004 at 19:18:03.

Champion of light artillery doesnt land as often as I would like. even on mobe the same level as me they evade it. I understand on mobs like mord and ian warr but on regular mobs missing really stinks.
    alien shotgun doesnt make any noise. dont really know what to say. I dont have to listen to the subwoofer under my desk go "duh duh duh" and shake the house (although its kind of nice at times)
    God told me to make a chicken salad sandwich for lunch, and I did, and all rejoiced

Trader Exam MKII Passed
    My Stuff

Remember kids, Omlets are best when fried and served with a side xp%

You need to target a mob to execute the Champions of Light artillery perks. It doesn't matter what mob you target, but the effect is on the current fighting target.

Pretty annoying when you have yourself targetted for heals.
    Proud veteran of Tranquility(Atlantean)

Afelia - Opifex trader : PvM armour
    Adv: Armour -Trox Melee Adventurer by heart.

SWG doesn't have leets... there's no competition -Cold
    We will not be able to hit the barn from the inside! - Spluggzter
    Hmmmm, I am still too gimped to live - Baxie

Quote Originally Posted by Afelia
    You need to target a mob to execute the Champions of Light artillery perks. It doesn't matter what mob you target, but the effect is on the current fighting target.

Pretty annoying when you have yourself targetted for heals.

Ditto for Tap Vitae on the Volunteer line.
    My type is a SAE

Some mobs always get one extra hit in when calmed now.
    (pink pand mobs, inf mortigs, notum scourge mobs in pand etc.)
    Wasn't like this 1 patch ago.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.