• Buckler/Parry dagger

26 14.21%
  • Morph

35 19.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keeper wish / concern list prioritization poll

Keeper wish / concern list prioritization poll

This is a poll to prioritize the Keeper wish / concern list. Poll options contain only a brief reference to the issue. Please refer to the wish / concern thread for more info.

You may vote on more than one issue, but all votes must be placed at the same time.

My 3 most wanted are in order:

1. Parry/Riposte
    2. Keeper only weapons (aka swords )
    3. Dimach

Then again, everything else is importants
    Cedx 217(18) Keeper [Setup] Retired
    Cedfixer 50(4) Fixer[Setup] Retired
    Cedx1 64(0) Agent (Level 149 project) Retired

Synergy Factor

**Rest In Peace Beardedone**

I was wondering why ward didn't make this list since it is a major bug on a line that is used a lot in hecklering...I mean leveling
    Davias Keltana Jr.
    -----------------------------

I am not my father's son.... I am better

On my honor, my family will be redeemed!
    Savior from the Angels of the Night

Only went for my top three priorities, which are (in order): -

1. Parry & Riposte (This is our Keeper speciality! So make it work!).

2. AoR Scaling (An excellent perk to begin with which just becomes okay in the mid-levels and a waste of perk points by end-game).

3. Nano requirements (We have some amazing top-level nanos such as Divine Sanctifier, but even as a level 220 Solitus, casting these are all but a dream).
    Solarith- Level 220 Solitus Keeper - Defender Rank: Backer (20)
    Solarax - Level 189 Solitus Agent - Defender Rank: None (0)
    Solarize - Level 30 Solitus Doctor - Defender Rank: None (0)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Advisor Of Forsaken
    Former Editor-In-Chief
    AO Basher - all you needed...
    E-Mail : SolaraxGVRK@hotmail.com

Any chance of just fixing everything that is on this poll?
    Whould be better if you did.
    Ufikep Waiting for a patch that makes him able to solo Inf dynas. (He migth wait a while)

[Cameloot] Roedran: Tara 1/2 dead... we have no shot... run to kill Dteam and try to eek it out -- keep your crackpot BS notions to yourself froob

1. parry/riposte
    2. ward fix
    3. swords
    4. rest of the bugged nanos

of the top of my head as someone who hasnt not logged in to play in weeks.
    WoW incoming!!
    Hurjakeeper (204)
    GMT/UTC+2
    Big Bad NOT a Sword
    Damage: alot-more(and then some)
    Atk. Skills: 2hEdged: 100%

(im tempted to tell you about the inadequacy of certain fabled sword here but i'll refrain myself)

1. Keeper weapons, theres no doubt about that one.
    2. Buckler/Shield, what is a keeper, if he can't defend himself with a shield?
    3. Morph, something to make keepers unique.

Reasoning: I felt those 3 where most important, since we got other perks and setups that works just fine, and to fix one thing that none uses atm, or might not even be worth using even after fix, is useless atm.
    RK1 Novice Simply "Bladeblood" Thebest - 220 TL 7 Clan Keeper Savior, Alien level 16
    RK1 Apprentice Superman "Mrsteel" Dejavu - 217
    TL 7 Clan Enforcer God Father, Alien level 14
    RK1 Novice Kex "Interguy" Choklad - 216 - TL 7 Clan Soldier Field Marshal, Alien level 13
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Veteran Points: 36.
    Waiting for Age of Conan.
    Rest in Peace Beardedone, you will be missed.

just look at my signature and you'll know whats really important
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

well i am still a bit worried about the parry riposte.. seeing how some things have managed to sneak their way into the game without proper testing it's too tough to get excited about it unless it was fully tested.

However I am all for the proper scaling of the AoR and as Traj mentioned maybe a lil special in there every so odd lvl would be great. The weapons I do want something that looks normal. I would rather use something that looks like a sword with specials.. no more of this non special crap. The excalibur is such a great weapon it's a shame they never gave it the full potential with a special or allowed it to cut high AC mobs. The fury I know not a lot voted for this but think about it. One more special with a touch of heal on use which is what it was supposed to do is really annoying that it doesn't do anything. Fixing this gives us a dmg hit additional on top of things for when we are using our swords that don't have specials.

Just my quick lil opinion. I think all the points on there are valid some to more degrees than others.

1) Keeper weapons.
    2) Unique items!!
    3) Parry/Riposte.

Not sure why we're posting here but seeing as I'm one of many, here you go.
    I voted for more, but these are the top 3 I would want to see fixed. Getting enough "ess please?" and "omg why didn't u mongo??!!" gets somewhat tiring.
    Moridin(Equip) Keeper Keeso Shade - Member of Haven
    Killer: 60% Explorer: 60% Socializer: 53% Achiever: 26%
    Your type is: KES. 1% of respondents so far fall into that type.

Woot are we finally going to get some attention ?

Or is it another "throw the dog a bone....." thing again
    Winterizer lvl 213 Solitus Keeper
    Alien level 14
    Date of registration 2001-06-28
    Played in beta 4
    Unit leader of Ragnarok

NT range debuff ring a bell?

Edit: I don't remember though.. noone remmember the things that go the way they want em too =P
    Ullgencer wewt. dust be gone
    Ullgenser teh nm enfo
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    Stop parsing my database...I feel so violated!

i'm quite surprised at how many votes are going towards keeper only swords. i'm all for function personally, and the new ai weapons introduced with alien invasion more than made up for our lack of weapons in my opinion. weapons are the last thing that need to be looked into.
    Lupeh, Solitus Keeper [equipment]

Advisor of Synergy Factor

Quote Originally Posted by lupeh
    i'm quite surprised at how many votes are going towards keeper only swords. i'm all for function personally, and the new ai weapons introduced with alien invasion more than made up for our lack of weapons in my opinion. weapons are the last thing that need to be looked into.
    Notice please that it says Keeper weapons (not swords, weapons). So you are giving FC the easy way out. Instead of having them focus on things that really matter you give them a chance to give keepers another weapon (probably an axe-looking or scythe-looking one) that will not outperform any of the existing choices. Cause thats what 'we' are asking for. I'm disappointed, really...
    Kiisu, TL 7 fixer of Project-Starlight, RK2.
    Eevatytar, LVL 220 keeper of Project-Starlight, RK2.

Fixers don't need a new pair of glasses, they need a miracle!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiisu
    Notice please that it says Keeper weapons (not swords, weapons). So you are giving FC the easy way out. Instead of having them focus on things that really matter you give them a chance to give keepers another weapon (probably an axe-looking or scythe-looking one) that will not outperform any of the existing choices. Cause thats what 'we' are asking for. I'm disappointed, really...
    I am not asking for "weapons", I am asking for swords !

I understand that it is difficult to balance competing priorities, especially when you have such a diverse customer base. I have intentionally limited the list to constructive suggestions which should not require substantial development work.

Therefore, the criteria for inclusion in this list are :
    a> must result in a 2he weapon which is viable for use on RK and in the SLs, and can be equipped by a Keeper.
    b> must result in an aesthetically pleasing weapon which is recognizably a chivalric weapon e.g a sword, axe, glaive etc.

My specific suggestions ?

*1*
    They Greek swords are simply beautiful ! They look like everything a Keeper sword should be, graceful, well balanced, deadly. Tragically, their performance does not match their appearance.

Work required : Up the minimum and maximum damage.
    Scale of work : No new models, no new textures, rescale minimum damage.

*2* Revised !
    The Excalibur ? A truly beautiful weapon ! Missing our flagship special, Fast Attack
    Minimum damage is low for a Shadowlands weapon.

Work required : Add Fast Attack, increase minimum damage
    Scale of work : Add Fast Attack, increase minimum damage

*3*
    The Guard of the Gentleman ? Again, a nice looking blade. Here, the only thing letting the weapon down is a tragically low minimum damage

Work required : Scale the minimum damage appropriately as QL rises.
    Scale of work : No new models, no new textures, rescale minimum damage.

*4*
    Longsword of the Illuminated ? Simply beautiful. Around level 100, a magnificent weapon. The only shame is that it drops in Adonis, so by the time you can get one it's more of a vanity weapon.

Work required : Move the drop location to Elysium, even Scheol, and this would be a very popular weapon.
    Scale of work : Modification of an entry in the loot tables.
    Last edited by bori; Nov 25th, 2004 at 11:12:51.
    Bori

Unity of the Rose
    http://www.unityoftherose.com/

Want to make your own custom script but the thought of all that work makes your eyes bleed ? Try our AO Scripter.
    http://uorweb.com/tools/aoscripter.htm

For those who were there when parry was enabled, it actually nerfed your damage by a huge margin since mobs were able to parry anything, including specials
    So you're actually voting for a self-nerf unless they give people using parry/riposte a big advantage versus not raising it.
    Vassilis - lvl 220/30 Adventurer (RK2)
    Perasma - lvl 207/xx Enforcer
    Martingale - lvl 150/20 Fixer
    Gouryella - lvl 114/12 Trader
    Zocalo - lvl 95/10 Agent

Dark Front
    - Visit our Forums

IF we get parry/Riposte that doesnt mean they have to put the old system in... They will for sure balance it out.

Btw, Lupeh, I think Most keeper are refering to Keeper swords not too much in the "we need more swords cause our one sucks" but more "we want swords that look like one and are good" Like the Kyr swords but with a "swords" graphics

Anyways, i just want Keepers bugs fixed. I think its about time to do it since they been out for a year or something now
    Cedx 217(18) Keeper [Setup] Retired
    Cedfixer 50(4) Fixer[Setup] Retired
    Cedx1 64(0) Agent (Level 149 project) Retired

Synergy Factor

**Rest In Peace Beardedone**

PS: These are my own opinions so don't frigging flame me or anything.. PM would do,....

Parry/Riposte man!!!! (Working properly that is!!!!) its the line that will make u one of the most defensive prof. Its ur speciality. Without parry/riposte line u are like a beta profession.... but it got to work fine. If mobs can parry everything like mad then no point having this.. make the balance :P

i can't believe ppl actually voting for fury. Nothings wrong with it.. Clan fury does only dmg (yeah sux against high AC mobs but it doesnt mean its bugged), omni fury does less dmg but heals... OH unless its up on the poll cuz it does'nt greyout..(0.o u get a chance to vote ONCE for something that might actually get fixed and u vote for a frigging button that doesnt grey out?!?)...

We have allright swords now we don't need any swords. (all professions have limited choices so what makes u so special) I can't say anything about the texture of the sword tho. This is a SCI-FI mmorpg. And kyr'ozch swords drops from aliens. So its totally stupid if Aliens starts dropping swords that looks like Excalibur or whatever.. Maybe some patch with new min-max dmg to greek swords will make some ppl that came from other dumb phantasy games happy.... *cough*EQ*cough*

AOR Scaling; Yah do something about this stupid perkline, make it worth training at high lvls so ppl can stop thinking what to train as 4th perkline...

Ward line: U can't even terminate this nanoline sometimes lol it says cant terminate hostile nano. i'm not using it but still this line is full of bugs.

(out of the subject!!)The perk specials in Holy Mark which are mostly debuffs; should NOT be able to be evaded so frigging easy. whats the point of having debuffs if u can debuff someone who allready can't evade ur perks and if u can't debuff someone who needs to be debuffed to get hitted??.... imo
    Last edited by SeyTaN; Nov 25th, 2004 at 12:42:42.

Quote Originally Posted by cedx
    Btw, Lupeh, I think Most keeper are refering to Keeper swords not too much in the "we need more swords cause our one sucks" but more "we want swords that look like one and are good" Like the Kyr swords but with a "swords" graphics
    LOL

No, I don't want +9 Vorpal Swords of Heckler Slaying

I do want swords that look like swords and, as you say, are good
    Bori

Unity of the Rose
    http://www.unityoftherose.com/

Want to make your own custom script but the thought of all that work makes your eyes bleed ? Try our AO Scripter.
    http://uorweb.com/tools/aoscripter.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast