Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tester needed for Fixer Grid Quest Guide!

Tester needed for Fixer Grid Quest Guide!

I'm in need of a tester for my Guide to the Fixer Grid quest. I'm going to post it here, and if someone could run through it real fast, just to make sure I didnt miss anything I'd appreciate it.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Welcome to the Fixer Grid Quest Manual! In this manual we will walk you through the steps to get this little beauty: Nano Crystal (Hack Grid Data Stream)! Which will give you, and only you access to the Fixer Grid. Now, before we get started there a couple items you will need:

1. A Leet doll - Can be bought in the "Toys and Curiosiries" shop
    2. Bundle of Nano-Tubes - This is same item that is used for Dodga/Alvin pads, it drops from the mobs surrounding the Trash Kings palace, as well as a few other places on Rubi-Ka.
    3. Nano Crystal (Instantaneous Encoding) - This can be found in any Advanced Fixer Nano Shop.

I would also suggest that you get a Yalm, since the troops in Omni Entertainment have been upgraded, even a higher level Fixer has trouble getting around the guards.

Now that you've gathered the basic equipment for the quest, we will get you started. You will need to head to Borealis and speak to a Character there named "Ofoz". His odd spikey hair will give him away. Hes standing outside of a Weapon & Ammo shop a bit to the Right of the Ramp that leads up to the Whompas. His exact coords are 680x580. Talking to Ofoz is going to cost you, to get the quest you'll need to bribe him with 25,000 Credits. Now were off to the next player in this little Run around.

We are now headed to see a character named "Smokey Willy" in Omni Entertainment. Now if your Clan since you will get instantly murdered by Unicorn Guards once entering Omni Entertainment from the normal grid exit, so you will have to find another way to get in. I'd suggest either finding a higher level Fixer that will help you by Fixer Gridding you in, a high level Engineer that is willing to Beacon Warp you to Smokey Willy, or taking one of the new "Baboons" Whompas in a player city. If you go the Fixer Grid Route you should take the "Omni-1 Entertainment" exit on the first floor. You will find Smokey Willy just a smidgen North from the Grid Point. If your getting Beacon Warped in you can have the Engineer warp you to his exact coordinates of 470x1042. And if you use the Babooons Whompa, you will find Smokey Willy North West from there. If someones helping you dont let them go until the end of the quest, you will need them again to get back into Omni Entertainment a couple more times.

However you get there, once your there you will want to open a conversation with Smokey Willy. Eventually he will ask you to find a Nano Crystal (Instantaneous Encoding) for him, remember we said you should get this before you start the quest. Go ahead and hand this nano program to him, and you will get a Polluted Instantaneous Encoding Crystal back from him.

While your here in Omni Entertainment you might as well complete another part of the quest for an item you are going to need later. Flying above the tall skyscrapers to the South East corner of Omni Entertainment you will find a small garden with "A Spoiled Brat" in it. Once your there open a conversation with her, and talk to her about toys. You will want to get a Fancy Doll from her by trading her the Leet doll.

Now we will return to Ofoz and give him the Polluted Nano Crystal. Then he will send you on a quest to "Find some wafer thin nano crystals...".

To do this you will have to pay a visit to "Brena Diamond" by the Twin Altars in Broken Shores, her coordinates are 430x2216. Be careful when you speak with her, she likes to recite recipes for rather disgusting soups. Being the loner she is and lacking funds she will ask 50,000 credits for her Homegrown Crystal Wafers. Go ahead and give her the money for the wafers and once again return to Ofoz.

Give the Wafers to Ofoz, and he will yet again ask you for another item. This item you should have collected before starting the quest since its part of the list of items to get before starting. So once you've got the quest for the Nano-Tubes go ahead and trade those in to Ofoz as well. Now he will ask you for an "ICC brand AI processing cube...", and we just happen to be in luck. Remember that doll you got from the Brat? Well that contains that AI processor, so go ahead and hand that to Ofoz so he can work his magic on it.

Once he has the Doll, you'll get ANOTHER mission (yay!). This will be the Final Step of the quest, and you have to complete it rather rapidly. So make sure your help is still with you since you'll need to get back into OMni Entertainment twice more. Once to see Smokey Willy, as well as a dancing Atrox named "Dancing Fool". This is the order in which you have to go to the NPCs and trade them the Polluted Nano Crystal.

First, You will once again have to go see Smokey Willy, he will upgrade the Nano Crystal for you and instruct you to head to the next person that will need to see it.

Second, Sally Tall, she is located in Meetmedere at coordinates 1480 x 2760 right along the edge of the Tall Cliff.

Third, We will head back to Brenda Diamond in Broken Shores by the Twin Altars, Crypt of Home entrance. She works some voodoo on the crystal and you are off!

Fourth, We will go see Coco. Coco is easily found in West Athen in The Cup, a small Cafe you will find West from the Grid Terminal. She will upgrade your crystal and speed you on to the next NPC.

Fifth, This is where we have to go back to Omni Entertainment again, and to the night club called Baboons to see Dancing Fool. The entrance to the Club can be found at 755x751 in Omni Entertainment. He will upgrade the Nano Crystal and send you on your way again.

The last person you will need to speak with is Sirocco, you can find him in Old Athen. This part may be tough for those Omni Fixers trying to complete the quest. Usually, Ramon Bauer, of the Clan Vanguards is guarding the grid terminal. There are a few methods of entering Old Athen. First, you can have a friend Fixer Grid you in, or an Engi Beacon Warp you in to Sirocco. You can also use the West Gate into Old Athen and cling along the wall to the Right. Make sure you stay well against the wall, and dont get aggro from the guards a little East. You can also use the Whompa from Jobe Platform, however, there is a roaming Vanguard over by that whompa, so you will want to have your yalm equipped and fly up as soon as you zone in to Old Athen just to make sure you dont die. Which ever way you get there, Sirocco resides at the coordinates 212x216 in Old Athen. Once you speak to him he will give you the NanoCrystal (Hack Grid Data Stream), and a Hacker Club Member Chip.

Go ahead and upload the Nano and Congratulations on taking one step closer to complete Fixerdom! (As compared to phix0rdom)
    Last edited by Fixerben; May 5th, 2005 at 07:57:18.

There will be pictured included for the items and NPCs, I just want to make sure all the basics are correct. Please give me any feedback you can before I decide to submit this on AOVault as an official guide.

Sounds good to me. One thing - does the Spoiled Brat still despawn after you talk to her? I thought that was changed?
    Hukk [Gear] - Teh handsome

Just did the fgrid quest on my twink and this looks good to me.

No - the brat doesn't despawn now. Doesn't get dragged all over Omni Ent killing guards either

Just an idea for you poor unwashed clanners. Do some scouting before you start and locate a player city on your route that has a whompa to Baboons. Saves you from getting vaporised by our sparkly new Unicorn guards.
    Dormouse Martial Artist lvl 220 Enlightened Guru, 'Hero' alien killer, General of United
    Gruntley MP lvl 220 Enlightened Deity - Atrox, 'cos size does matter
    Cenicera MP lvl 113 - Nanomage 'cos brains matter too
    Wetnurse Doctor lvl 216 - Dorm's pocket doc
    Leadhead666 Soldier lvl 218 - Work in progress
    Skaramouche Fixer lvl 151 - twink? don't know what you mean

Semper in excretia, solum profundum variat

RK for loot, SL for XP, AI for rolling on the floor laughing at the Gen-HX cannon-fodder - WilloTheFist

Oh, and please can we have an updated guide to the team fgrid quest too?
    Dormouse Martial Artist lvl 220 Enlightened Guru, 'Hero' alien killer, General of United
    Gruntley MP lvl 220 Enlightened Deity - Atrox, 'cos size does matter
    Cenicera MP lvl 113 - Nanomage 'cos brains matter too
    Wetnurse Doctor lvl 216 - Dorm's pocket doc
    Leadhead666 Soldier lvl 218 - Work in progress
    Skaramouche Fixer lvl 151 - twink? don't know what you mean

Semper in excretia, solum profundum variat

RK for loot, SL for XP, AI for rolling on the floor laughing at the Gen-HX cannon-fodder - WilloTheFist

You can now use the womaphs from any org city to get to Baboons.
    Emma "Pyromanche" Peele, Neutral Kingpin RK1
    Founder of The Union
    President

All clanners, please notify me when you do the quest. I'm hoping to see you get vaporised by our sparkly new Unicorn guards.
    RK2
    Qwikz - HUGE Inc.

"I should get one of those signs that says "One of these days I'm gonna get organezized".

Thanks Pyro, I'll update the Whompas from org cities.

I was going off my own personal past experience on spoiled brat, you can tell I havent done that quest in a while.

I'll be doing an updated Team Fixer Grid Quest guide within the next couple days.

Ok updated with the Baboons whompa route, and removed the depspawn on Brat. Thanks for the help everyone, this will be posted on AOVault soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Fixerben
    I would also suggest that you get a Yalm, since the troops in Omni Entertainment have been upgraded, even a higher level Fixer has trouble getting around the guards.
    This high level fixer has no trouble at all getting around the guards in Omni-Ent. The guards in OA are another matter though...

Seriously, you might want to update this to something like "I would also suggest that you get a Yalm, since the troops in some of the NPC cities you have to visit are hard to get around even for a higher level Fixer." Just to make it less faction-colored

I would like to see a bit more detailed description of possibilities to get into OA, since for Omni's that is by far the hardest part of the quest and one wrong move means back to square one. And at lvl 40 unless you're an alt you are unlikely to have many high level friends that can warp you or fgrid you there. I suppose the same would go for clan fixers going to Omni-Ent (especially if they don't have AI, or can you still use the player city whompas without it?) but I can't give you much suggestions about that since I've never done the quest from Clan side yet.

Suggestions for OA I can think of OTTOMH:
    - The west gate method you can copy&paste from older guides as it's still valid afaik (go in, hug right hand wall, take right corner and keep hugging the city wall). This is the best way to go if you don't have a yalm or fgrid/warp.
    - There's the possibility of the SL whompa for those who have SL, which is the best way if you have a yalm (but no fgrid/warp). No good if you don't have a yalm because you'll have to swim over a moat that you can't get out of on Sirocco's side (this might depend on body size, I've managed to scramble out of it in the corner once, but never on my small Opi main). Make sure you have your yalm equiped when going up to the Jobe platform, even though you can't fly in SL the yalm will stay equiped and you can fly right up once you take the Whompa back down again.
    - Going in through the grid without a yalm equals suicide unless you're considerably higher in level then is needed for the quest. Don't even consider this method, without a yalm you won't make it, and with one you're still better off doing it either from the west gate or the Jobe whompa.

Will add that Thanks Mosc

Ok, Added, Any more suggestions?

We need more cheese ! cheese i tell ya !

Mmm...Chee...err...Pie...err...Cheese Pie!

I had a square cheese and steak pie once. It was great.
    Hukk [Gear] - Teh handsome

wtb team nano guide :P

team fixer grid... best way

get a calmer, spawn the borgs, calm the borgs, have a higher level fixer play taxi to the calmer.. when borgs calm, get the quest do the quest... done

sorry.. lol had to we have 22 fixers in my guild, I feel like I do this all the time.. yay for having a crat alt
    Emma "Pyromanche" Peele, Neutral Kingpin RK1
    Founder of The Union
    President

On Rimor, we have a whompa to Baboons just outside Newland City
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

I'll be doing a Team Fixer Grid Quest guide soon as well, Look for it this weekend. It will be MUCH more comprehensive than Pyro's :P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast