Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toolset Enhancement Ideas

Toolset Enhancement Ideas

Ok, so I have been thinking about what kinds of toolset enhancements we could logically ask for, so I went through and did some calculations based on what we had PRE sl and created some suggestion nanos based on those calculations. I will be sending this in as an e-mail to FC and cross-posting it in the suggestion forums, but I’m curious as to everyone’s feedback, are these overpowered? Underpowered?

Explanation of Calculations: The way I did it was to compare the amount of nano programs available to us between lvl 1 and 200 and then make an equivalent number of programs available between 200-220. Scaling them at twice the effectiveness between 200-220 as the top nano in 1-200.

Absorption Layers

(5/200) = (2.5%) = 1, the highest one is ql 182, so that would make this a ql 218 nano.

QL 218 Chance at greatness Req: BM/MC 1678
    Surrounds the target with a defensive screen of multiple, independent layers. Each layer is able to absorb 1 point of a particular type damage before becoming useless against that damage type. This screen contains 1450 layers.
    Absorb all Damage: 1450

NT Health and AC Buffs

(12/200) = 6% = (1.2 rounded to 1) Highest Buff is ql 182, so that would make this a ql 218 Nano

QL 218 Znore’s Triumph Req: MM/MC/BM:1648
    Some long description involving listening to the NT’s who have been hard at work in his science lab.
    Modify all AC: 662
    Modify Health: 700
    Modify NR: 280

Blinds

(15/200) = 7.5% = (1.5 rounded to 2) Highest blind is ql 189, so that would make the top one a QL 219, adding one more in there would be about 210.

QL 210 Pride Req: SI/PM 1311
    Temporarily blinds the target. While blinded, the target has a much lower chance of hitting when attacking.
    Offense Modifier: -366
    Taunt: 577

QL 219 Cataract Req: SI/PM 1748
    Temporarily blinds the target. While blinded, the target has a much lower chance of hitting when attacking.
    Offense Modifier: - 488
    Taunt: 385

AoE Blinds

6/200 = 3% = (.6% rounded to 1) Highest AoE blind is ql 162 = so that would make it a ql 216 in this scale

QL 216 Herd of Sacred Cows Req: SI/PM: 1490
    Temporarily blinds all enemies in the area. While blinded, they have a much lower chance of hitting when they attack.
    Range : 25m
    Offense Modifier: -398
    Taunt: 618

AoE Nukes
    (20 Nukes) 20/200 = 10% =2/20 shadowlevels

QL 208 Trox Stink Req: MC 1491
    Range 25 m
    Description: Hits all enemies in the area with 3,600 – 4732 pts of Chemical Damage.

QL 218 Blazing Inferno Req: MC 1988
    Description: Hits all enemies in the area with 4,800 – 6,310 pts of Fire Damage
    Last edited by Steve_o; Jan 15th, 2005 at 09:00:08.
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

Speed Buffs

There is only one of these 1-200 so that would only translate to 1 200-220. Highest one is ql 90, that would translate to a ql 209.

QL 209 Shadow Movement Req: SI/TS 836
    Increases the evasion skills of the target by 160 pts
    Modify all evades: 160 pts

Nanoprogramming Buffs

Two of these and that’s going to translate to one, highest one is ql 166, which translates this one to be ql 217

QL 217 Gothic Evil Knowledge Req: PM/SI: 1862 Breed: !=Atrox
    I bet you didn’t know that goth’s knew more than everyone else
    Modifies NP: 280

Warps

24/200 = 12% = 2.4 = 3 (to be fair) = ql 216
    Req: MM/MC/TS: 1526

QL 216 Warp Shadowspace: Redeemed Garden Faction = = Clan
    Warps all clan team members to the redeemed garden that they have the key equipped for.

QL 216 Warp Shadowspace: Unredeemed Garden Faction = = Omni
    Warps all omni team members to the unredeemed garden that they have the key equipped for.

QL 216 Warp Shadowspace: Jobe Market Faction = = Neutral
    Warps all neutral team members to the unredeemed garden that they have the key equipped for.

Individual Root removal tools

There are only 3 of these so that will translate into 1 too. Highest one is ql 180 which would scale to 218.

QL 218 Break all ties Req: PM/TS: 1978
    When executed, this nano program shortens the duration of any Root nano currently affecting the nanotechnician. The duration of any such nano will be reduced by 264 seconds.

Team Root Removal Tools
    Same as above.

QL 216 You can’t hold us down Req: PM/TS: 1824
    Through this nano program, the nanotechnician is able to reduce the duration of a normal root nano program by 160 seconds on all members in the team. This will also provide a short-duration innate resistance against normal root nano programs of 20%.

Nano Delta Buffs

7/200 = 3.5% = 1 top ql is 169 = QL 217

QL 217 Notum Channel Req: MM/TS: 1572
    The very air of Rubi-Ka is a source of Notum for those willing to gather the precious material. Notum molecules float around, trapped inside water droplets. This nanoformula causes the nanocloud to extract these particles of Notum. This allows the nanocloud to rebuild lost nanomachines much faster than would otherwise be possible.
    Target – Current Nano 470…470 240 hits

Cost Reducers

7/200 = 3.5% = 1 top ql is 179 = QL 218

QL 218 Dual Stream Reprocessing Req:MM/PM/SI:1654
    Recently discovered Dual Stream processing has allowed nanotechnicians to more effectively channel the nanobots around them, thus resulting in astounding cost reduction of 56% on all nanoprograms run.

Nano Range Buffs

Whats the point with range caps?

Reflect Shield

Only two so we would only get 1

QL 216 Nullity Sphere MK3 Req: MM/MC:1484
    Warps a region of space around the nanotechnician, creating a molecule-thick region of null space. This sphere of null space stops all damage from reaching the nanotechnician, but is controlled by the nanobot cloud to permit entry of beneficial nano bots. Due to the nature of this sphere, however, the nanotechnician is unable to move whilst the nullity sphere exists.
    Duration: 38 Secs
    User must not have Nullity Sphere Negative Feedback running.

Edit: Hopefully resolved in 16.0 (thank you)
    Calms

Since our calms were only slightly worse than traders before they got their extension, ours should be only SLIGHTLY worse than theirs now.

QL 208 Confuse with delays Req: SI/PM 1300
    If excuted correctly your target will not enter combat unless attacked.

Roots

8/200 = 4% = 1 = The highest QL before was 189 = QL 210

QL 210 Oppresion Req: MC/TS: 1730
    Renders the target unable to move for a short period of time. It does not affect the combat capabilities of the target.
    Chance of Break on attack: 10 (really should be less since we have to depend on this nano so much now with the range debuff)
    Chance of Break on Debuff: 0
    Side note on Root extension, this should really be combined with the range debuff into one nano.
    Last edited by Steve_o; Aug 5th, 2005 at 00:50:04.
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2

reserved
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2

i like the absorbs, and the blinds...and the calms...and the enfraams and the AoE's

NS3 is a nice Idea...38 sec duration is a little long... id say 25 would be good.
    Wen-TzuEnclave
    /Delphinus: 220 Nano-Tech T h e M a i n -[Equip!]-
    /Maveck: 209 Adventurer R e t i r e d
    /Sarandipity:110 Doctor S t r i p p e d
    /Winterbreak:149 Martial Artist S t r i p p e d
    /Summerbreak:60 Fixer S m u r f T w i n k
    /Springbreak:60 Nano-Tech T w i n k -[Equip!]-
    /Fallbreak:30 Enforcer T w i n k
    CLICK -[ HERE ]- FOR MY MUSIC

I want a working shadowlands calm, more damage, more procs on our nukes, and bug fixes. Everything else to me is iceing
    Corinthians - 220 Nano Technician
    Pickygirl - 220 Engineer
    Pink - 220 Fixer
    Israel - 220 Keeper
    Israeli - 220 Shade
    Amenadiel - 165 Soldier
    Maitrize - 173 Martial Artist

Quote Originally Posted by corinthians
    {Etaks: Do not post this again.}

good ideas
    Clan and General of Coven of Hunters org

Trollet 220 Enforcer Experienced
    Darkforces 220 Solitus Shade Neophyte
    Trollmannen 220 Nano Technician
    Eirikbloodax 210 Atrox Doctor

Thumbs up

Very good effort, although you might want to put something in for levels 200-210 too.

I think for a 218 nano 1450 layers is pathetically low. I get hit for more than that in Elysium. I would suggest making those layers 205-208 and putting in one at 216-218 for 2000-2500 points. Or, 1450 is good if they refresh themselves. And how about team layers too?

I like the HP/AC/NR buff but again I think it's too low for it's level. Either lower it to 210ish and put in another one or raise the stats to 1k HP, 1k ACs and 450 NR.

The blinds are good

Tbh I'm not too bothered about AoE nukes. Although these would make farming novictums a lot easier I would put these right at the back of my list. Damage those does scale well tho.

Major Evasion and Nano Programming buff is good.

The warps I think would make us too much like MPs, and we need something different. A better idea (IMHO) would be to allow us to 'find a way' to use our existing warps in SL, so we can go from SL to RK easily. IIRC noone else can do this so that's pretty good Another idea which I submitted to feedback before AI came out was a nano which warped our team to the NTs city grid controller ('locks onto the city's grid beacon and warps us there' ?). Also with your final warp "Warp Shadowspace: Jobe Market" it says "... to the unredeemed garden..". Which is it? Warped to Jobe Market (which is way better than to a garden imo) or to an unredeemed garden? What if they only have a redeemed key?

The root removers and nano delta buffs are good, but I think you need to be clearer with the cost reducer. 56% is excellent as it will cap cost reduction, allowing us to get rid of osme of our other gear in favour of maybe more hp, etc. But is it self only or targetable? FC might think it's a bit overpowered if we can cap anyone we cast it on. That being said, it would make us more popular with docs and I do believe that since we are supposed to be "the masters of nano technology" we should have a better cost reducer than MPs and it should last at least 2 hours, like the MPs best one.

I agree with Delphinus about NS3, that time is a bit too long, but 25s doesn't give much of an improvement over 19s. I would suggest 28-30s. You don't mention a recharge time; I think you coukd come up with a lot of possibilities playing about with this. Maybe a 40s NS, but with 20s recharge? Oh, and FC really must fix debuffs and reflects getting through NS. It would make AoEs viable in PvP again, especially if they do implement those AoEs you listed above

New calms and roots are good, and I especially like the idea of combining the root and range debuff into one nano, as long as it is effective.

Some excellent ideas you've come up with, but they do need to be mixed with changed to our DD toolset as well to make us viable once again.

Onaelmel/Ramillis

Those AoE nukes are completely unjustified unless a cap on target numbers is set. Getting that sort of adjustment would most likely mean zero improvement on anything else we have... and it would probably be justified. But I don't think most of the profession would like to be AoE kiting only. I think its best if you leave any damage dealing out of 'toolset' enhancement feedback.

You might also want to consider some of the things in the IDEAs Factory and other suggestions threads. There are some directions we could go for supplemental toolset that aren't being done by another profession already and would give us a bit of uniqueness once again. While your numbers here might save them a little time, most likely they're not going to spend any time looking at them and just read the whole thing as an "NTs want their non-damage toolset extended" letter. Which is really all you've said.

I will give you some credit for some funny nano names, though.

The only problem i see is that most NT's can use these 180+ nanos at lvl 150 or lower. so you are left without the good ones till 200+. I say throw in some more in there for the lvl 175+, 190+ and then the 200+ NT's.
    Zyprexa123 201/6 Clan Nano Mage Techno Wizard - Perks
    Unit Member of -=Academy Black=- - Welcome to the Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Shadehawk
    Any further NT-neutering would result in us loosing the use of our legs...
    Technology of mass uh... lets see, calming, no, roots, no, layers, na it sucks, um... dont hurt me please Mr. heckler sir... loading please wait, welcome back to reclaim.

I guess I should have named this something different. These are basically the toolset we would have if we had only had our toolsets extended in a normal way inbetween 200 and 220.

I think its interesting to look at these and see the toolset we would have if it had been properly extended. I think if funcom had extended things in a balanced way we would have a much better toolset now.
    Last edited by Steve_o; Jan 16th, 2005 at 10:42:43.
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2

Excellent suggestions on how to extend our toolset.

A word on the AoE nanoline:

Bad zone design and game mechanics should not be the reason to deny us further upgrades for this nanoline. Casting VE (low damage) and KELs (laughable recharge) these days on SL mobs with huge HP bars is completly outdated and in need for a redesign.

We are all aware of the kiting issues and griefing in elysium. But fix the zone, don't hold us NTs back on AoE nanoline upgrades.
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

Thumbs up

looks good.

(snowballs chance really, but looks good)
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

I think one of the big things for me is that none of them are overpowered on their own (except maybe ns, but I still think that even at that time, we are still going to really have to struggle to live in inf or against any mob that we would need to fight) but when you look at them together as an upgraded toolset we would really start to stand a fighting chance again.
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2

the damages done with current AOE is already very good,i d be very surprised that you get some better one
    Cordura agent 216 Defender Rank : Competent (15)
    Kasstoa 149 enf Defender Rank : Suited (16)
    JdealdladopeDefender Rank : Starter (4)
    DRevil lvl 8X Doc Retired old boy

This is a nice start of ideas! I agree with a previous poster that MK3 might be asking too much for 38 seconds, 25 would be plenty. Also agree that we should have at least ONE new AOE NUKE.. The damage on our current nukes are not comparable to anything cordura, they are 3 years old, how do you expect them to still be keeping up with anything else? They need to be extended, even if level locked.

If our AOE damage is greatly increase, kiting trains will die faster, and less chance for newbs to die in my path.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cordura
    the damages done with current AOE is already very good,i d be very surprised that you get some better one
    How do you seriously post that 400 DPS on Kel's Neutronium plaything is good damage?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

400*10 is very good no other prof can be proud to do 4K DPS.
    You want an AOE that is still effective on a single mob ?
    I dont have the nt damage mods and Kels is already an awesome tool.
    Cordura agent 216 Defender Rank : Competent (15)
    Kasstoa 149 enf Defender Rank : Suited (16)
    JdealdladopeDefender Rank : Starter (4)
    DRevil lvl 8X Doc Retired old boy

However, killing a host of spirits, for example, takes somewhere around forever with AOEs... it's almost faster to do it in single kills. If it weren't for the speedcap on IU, I would be doing that.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by cordura
    400*10 is very good no other prof can be proud to do 4K DPS.
    You want an AOE that is still effective on a single mob ?
    I dont have the nt damage mods and Kels is already an awesome tool.
    x10 also means you will have to deal with the aggro of 10 mobs.

I'm sure a MA, doctor, <insert other lovechild> can be proud to do that, while a NT can't, unless we're talking about kiting or a big enfo keeping the aggro away from us.

If you are refering to your FP:NT experiences in eylsium, please keep in mind that there are NT mains left with other interests then farming ingots and using these AoE nanos on grey mobs.

Taking out any SL mob my level with AoE nanos is no longer efficient, and like Masta said, will go a lot faster by simply doing single kills with IU.
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast