Thread: Former Omni-Tek Employees Missing

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Former Omni-Tek Employees Missing

Janurary 20 29479

(IRRK) - Information has come to light over the last few days that a dozen ex-Omni-Tek employees who had retired to Neutral territories have gone missing.

All of the employees used to be miners that worked in the outzone mining camps that Omni-Tek is known to have briefly tried to develop in the 29460s. However, the outzone areas were deemed to dangerous to develop at the time after a rash of deaths amongst employees and contractors caused project costs to rise.

All of the neutral citizens that are confirmed as missing this week worked in or around one of these mining projects throughout 29461 and 29462.

Further investigation of this strange coincidence revealed that all official records of the outzone camps have been removed or marked as confidential within the standard Omni-Tek channels. One prominent neutral historian who did not want to be named was adamant when we spoke to him yesterday that until recently the archives had been present. “…I had no reason to be overly interested in the old mining records for the outzone project, but they were most certainly in the catalogues of available data until very recently…”

There were no reported mysterious circumstances reported around any of the disappearances. The citizens just seem to have vanished, their grid-mail going unanswered and in some cases their apartments locked from the inside.

When approached about the subject, Omni-Tek would not make an official comment, instead quoting standard Omni policy, "Previous employment records were not a subject for public debate or discussion".

They did however confirm that no arrests had been made in neutral territories, in relation to the missing individuals

Arest for what? If someone is gonne missing, that's no reason for arests. It's different issue if there's discovery of foul play.

I don't buy there wasn't anything wrong with those mines for one minute. Omni-Tek has showed, how much they value human life and how much they value raw resources. There's more to this story as it meets the eye. If Omni-Tek isn't responsible for it in first place, I wouldn't be suprised, if they would have at least some leads and they aren't sharing all information.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Ahem... I suggest you read the news item again.

Although I'm quite certain Omni-Tek probably knows more about the missing persons than they want to admit, they might indeed have nothing to do with them being missing.

In fact, I think they might very well be safe and sound, if they know what's good for them and Rubi-Ka as a whole... Which I sincerely do. The alternative... Well, let's say I wouldn't want to be faced with that option.
    Daniel "Cobrian" Tinander
    Priest of the Meta-Physical Order
    My Roleplaying Profile

''Those poor citizens! What could have happened to them ,where are they!?"

Stop jumping to conclusions so quickly.

OT is actually involved in that case for one simple good reason: Omni-Police is doing what they are paid for: investigate.

While some people, constanly refering to unfortunate past events, say that OT is not concerned about RK citizen well-being & security, I simply consider the involvement of OT in this case as a clear proof of OT constant interest in it.
    Kastagueule, enforcer 207

Space Sapin

Omni is only interested in one thing. Their bank statement. It's obvious that those now missing former employees knew something about that mine that could mean trouble for Omni-Tek. Why do you think they are being so tight-lipped? If these people are dead, they are locked away in some cell somewhere while Omni does lord knows what to them.

Who said Omni-Pol is interested in them?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Unhappy

"Previous employment records were not a subject for public debate or discussion"

Tipical statment that I would expect from an Omni Employee. Information to hide as usual. Maybe our new Alien visitors has somthing to do with this inccedent??
    Last edited by Marlon1; Jan 23rd, 2005 at 11:31:48.
    Marlon - Level 105 Solider
    Drux - Level 70 Enforcer

No corporation in the galaxy will hand out theyre employment records. Its not only typical Omni Tek statement its a typical corporation statement.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Haha, dont even get me started on Omni-tek
    Marlon - Level 105 Solider
    Drux - Level 70 Enforcer

This isn't a new occurrence. Just a continuation of an old pattern...

May 22 29033 The mummified remains of the crew of the "Rimor" are located by terraforming machines in the Outzone, more than six hundred kilometres from where they disappeared.

June 03 29033 Research station 051 in the Outzone goes silent. Troops are dispatched to investigate.

June 06 29033 Omni-Tek troops arrive at the Outzone research station, only to find that the entire workforce of fifty-five has disappeared without a trace. The mess hall tables are decked for dinner, entertainment systems are running, and the airlocks are secured from the inside. The incident is immediately hushed down.

The Outzone is not a friendly place. It doesn't want Omni-Tek around. Maybe the Board of Directors should listen.
    Advisor of First Light
    Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering
    Confused by Alien Tech? Check out my Alien Invasion Guides

New to Engineering? Try HighOrbit's Engineer Guide. Thanks HighOrbit

I agree completely. The outzones dont want anybody around. It is a area best left alone until terraformed like the rest of the planet.

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

This is not a new occurence. There is a very specific difference from the diseapperance: the neutral we are talking about were no more working in that mine.
    They just were living like any regular RK citizen in terraformed zone and were not anymore in activity according to the news.
    Kastagueule, enforcer 207

Space Sapin

But could they have stumbled upon something out there in the outzones??
    Something that have decided its time to shut them up for good?

Maybe these former employees knew something and were starting to slip.

I surely hope someone will have some answers to this in the future.

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats