Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SUGGESTION: Low lvl alien content... w/o taking from cities!

SUGGESTION: Low lvl alien content... w/o taking from cities!

How about you have a certain (high) chance to run into a crashed alien shuttle.

It's (most of the time) empty, except those pesky spiders (I took it they are pests for the aliens too, right?). So, you get AXP. not really that freakin much, and not that often, but you do, *and* it adds the feeling that yes, Aliens Are Among Us!

Now... add the (lower, maybe much lower) chance of *some* aliens having survived the crash (lvls? Around the lvls of the surroundings, with an outside chance of there being a high-lvl general in there (with his bodyguards, of course))

Loot drop *low*, they are not on a combat mission, so don't carry their gear.

Effect: you want a sure-fire, much AXP and tons of loot raid, you'll still go to the APF or do a city raid. But it gives the low-lvls a chance to get AXP, to see some aliens, to get much more of a feeling that we're under attack.

And RK would be much more lifely with all those chars running around in search of downed shuttles.

Hmm, combine this with *announce* downs ("News Flash: a high-ranking alien general has been downed near NNN, all citizens please help capture it")...

Damn, I want more "we're under attack" feeling. I don't care as much for alien loot... that's not important for RP.
    Last edited by kiwu; Feb 22nd, 2005 at 13:20:06. Reason: made it clear what this is

Thumbs up!

Great suggestion, keep them coming. Rubi Ka does not feel like being invaded at all, the aliens are some lazy mofos... Let's fear the aliens some. Make us feel their presence while in the wilderness. The ARK spawned attacks on the big cities happen way too rarely, I rarely notice. Haven't seen an alien invasion in any of the big cities in ages. I'd love to be caught off guard when travelling from point A to point B. Stumbling across a shuttle, or even a small alien establishment would make the invasion aspect of the game a lot more real.

As a sidenote; this will prolly be moved to the suggestions forum shortly

Great idea!

They (FC-dev's) didn't like my Alien Spiders in Rubika thread, but this one is different ... a much better match to the story line than mine was.

Redwood

Thumbs up for this idea. Not only for the axp, but also for the more "realistic feel" of being invaded by aliens. I know I travel around RK a lot because I like to explore and kill dyna bosses most people don't care for anymore, but I'd like to run into something different that goes along with the new storyline once in a while

Yep, good idea. Not only giving people a chance at low-lvl AXP but also immersive - bring the RP back into MMORPG
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Yeah, I was wondering, that if we Fight Aliens, we didnt shooted down any of their ships..

nice idea.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Great idea I aint going to hold my breath though. They dont want anything that MIGHT just MIGHT get you any alien xp outside the city's or the 180+ zones.

Bump for this idea. It doesn't sound too difficult to implement, because the inside of the ship could be the same as a normal ship boarding. Perhaps instead of the normal series of bosses with a fleet admiral at the end, there could just be a pilot or other random boss. The boss would have 5x the loot of a normal alien maybe, but no general/admiral loot.

Also once a player enters maybe the ship could be sealed in a few minutes (entrance becomes unpassable bc of smoke or whatever). The player could leave once the boss was killed by using the ships transporter/rings/emergency exit. Once the boss is dead, or the ship gets sealed and eveyone inside dies, the ship can disappear (blows up, or has been repairs and takes off).

This would add a bit of pressure and make a crashed ship feel different from a ordinary mission or static dungeon.

There are many many many shot down ships at RK and several at SL. I always wondered how they ended up crashed and whats inside...

...Thuth is out there?
    Lucas Cromfel
    Remains of Juliena 220 Novice RK1 Meta-Fiziki
    This is my legacy; by the grace of the gods, I am not alone.
    Biodome Tutorial

Remains of Octopuss - Day when justice died.

Kudos for this idea - not only would it fix the current problems with midlevel axp, but also adds to the storyline as previously mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by kudayne
    Great idea I aint going to hold my breath though. They dont want anything that MIGHT just MIGHT get you any alien xp outside the city's or the 180+ zones.
    sadly my account isn't getting renewed because of this. i feel like i got ripped off on AI along with MANY customers.

the most common line against low level aliens is 'you guys got alot of content. the subway, TOTW...' and that's true, but those didn't come from an expansion that we paid for... an expansion that we bought and will not get to use for some time if at all. and this raid on 20K just now shows that the average player was an after thought in AI, it was nothing more then a high level xp farm.

yah, whats with this raid, they ever gonna get here?

Warping to suggestions forum.
    ARK Community Relations Forums Oracle Guardian

~Forums Social Guidelines~

~Advisors of Rubi-Ka Website~

Quote Originally Posted by Grey216
    Bump for this idea. It doesn't sound too difficult to implement, because the inside of the ship could be the same as a normal ship boarding. Perhaps instead of the normal series of bosses with a fleet admiral at the end, there could just be a pilot or other random boss. The boss would have 5x the loot of a normal alien maybe, but no general/admiral loot.
    Actually, the insides of the "ship" don't exist. What I meant was a shuttle, a smallish craft. Think Star-Trek shuttle. Completely destroyed upon impact. All that survived are those spiders. So: no interior, and no loot.

I'd put aliens in the scenario (not *in* a ship), but only rarely, and then not much loot on them, *and* they'd be quite high-lvl (you're less than 120? Instant death). But the idea doesn't hinge on that.

I just saw my first city raid, happened by accident to be in a player city while a raid started. Died in seconds after the first alien tooka liking to me ("zum Fressen gern haben" ) Nice... but a bit disappointing. Doesn't really match the storyline. Didn't look like I would expect an alien attack to look, to feel. But what do I know, I haven't fought aliens in RL
    Last edited by kiwu; May 15th, 2005 at 12:06:19. Reason: argh... spelling, typos, grammer, whatever...

I see this got warped to the dead end section of the AO forums... go figure :P

Quote Originally Posted by kudayne
    I see this got warped to the dead end section of the AO forums... go figure :P
    Help! I'm stuck in a dead end!

On a more positive note...

The source of the problem is a lack of availability of axp to lower level players. This is a fact that we don't dispute. It IS more difficult for low level players to run alien raids in cities. This is caused by lower drop rates AND lower ql of CRUs at low levels. This is being completely evened out in 15.9. If you have a city and enough players to do an alien raid you will be able to easily put together the CRUs you need in 15.9. City attacks are not meant only for high level players..CRUs were not meant to be a source of annoyance. These issues are known and are going to be fixed in 15.9.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Thanks for the input... or is output?

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    The source of the problem is a lack of availability of axp to lower level players. This is a fact that we don't dispute. It IS more difficult for low level players to run alien raids in cities. This is caused by lower drop rates AND lower ql of CRUs at low levels. This is being completely evened out in 15.9. If you have a city and enough players to do an alien raid you will be able to easily put together the CRUs you need in 15.9. City attacks are not meant only for high level players..CRUs were not meant to be a source of annoyance. These issues are known and are going to be fixed in 15.9.
    I'd still like to see my suggestion (or something similar) in the game. For two reasons, one of which I've stated: a) you really currently don't get much of a feeling of "s***, we're under attack, this is *war*" and b) not everyone is in an org or willing to be in one.

Also take a look at my other suggestion about "alien missions".

I don't want more alien loot or alien xp (well, that too, but that's not my primary aim): I want more atmosphere. Think storyline... the way AI is implemented ATM, there's not much storyline felt. I play since Dec (froobie at the beginning) and I've only seen one city raid, a couple days ago, by chance. Aliens are attacking us? Really?

"Unser Game soll schöner werden"
    Last edited by kiwu; Mar 2nd, 2005 at 19:14:22.

Thumbs up

Kiwu has the right idea. More story interaction. Now that is a role-player.
    Necosileo, Pimpin Kingpin of Rimor
    Retired President of Alpha Omega

Buff Begging 101
    All your thread are belong to me

Glad that they are doing something for lower lvl AI interaction in the first place.....but I do think kiwu's idea was a great one that should be passed around a bit at least....listening to your customers now and then is probably a good idea :P

Some time after AI came out, I reactivated my account with a 150ish shade on it. I had 0 AXP for the longest time, and my org didn't really want anyone below 180 on our high-level alien raids, to keep the levels and loot up.
    My first exposure to aliens on that character was an ARK-spawned attack on WW.
    I heard there were Zix out there, so I ran out to kill some and make up some AXP.
    I killed enough green Zix to get my first alien title, and then found out there was another wave behind that one that was about level 170ish. I found this out because someone trained 10 of them on me and I died pretty quickly.
    By the time I got back out there, there were no aliens left and a bunch of 200-220's were gathered by the whompas.
    Another alien wave came, this time level 130-150ish, green to me mostly, and by the time I got one alien targeted in the lag, they were all dead. After that there was one more wave, same level, same thing. All dead instantly.

I was pretty upset that at level 150, I had 1 alien title and at level 15 on my engineer that I started soon after that, I had 2 already. Now I have 10 thanks to my org realizing it doesn't take all high-levels to get decent loot, and I'm high enough to be a regular part of city raids. We also do some TL4-5 raids now, which is also very good, but I can imagine being very frustrated at the lack of aliens, and if there is a random attack on a major city, you're not getting any AXP anyway unless you happen to be level 200+. Anything for more alien content between level 15 and level 180 is good.
    "Yay, full team of 6."
    "With Jaszt's ego, it's more like 8."
    "Hey now, that's not fair... it's more like 18."

[16:28] <Escritores> Jaszt for president

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast