Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WTB more BOTS

WTB more BOTS

Quote Originally Posted by Roedran
    SoD, like the rest of clan, has awakened thanks to Hexous and his marry band of tower attackers.

BNet will be shutting down for all 140+ tower attacks.

See you on the battlefield...
    So... it would seem that some within the community want to dictate that EVERYONE should PvP regardless of if they want to raid...

I don't think so...

WTB another bot to use... or list of guilds interested in raiding instead of pvp...

Roedran... I know that the 'Contract' calls for people not to raid outside of bot... or on off week... but if Bnet is being shut down (resulting in Shutting Down Game Content) then I think that contract should be torn up and tossed out...

I thought Bnet was supposed to be helping provide access to content? That is why many so happily accepted the 'contract' as is... but do you really expect everyone to happily abandon raids to go pvp? 90% of the time I, and many others, don't give a crap about pvp.

If you shut down Bnet every time a tower site is attacked, then don't be too surprised when PRIVATE RAIDS start becoming a common occurance again and no one will give a damn about the contract.
    Join Us!
    You know you want too!
    Now Recruiting Players of All Levels and Expansions!
    Newbie & Noob & Froob Players Welcome!

Not to you know sound rude or anything, but reading through the other threads it's pretty clear that a large majority of clan would rather Bnet be shut down durning a large tower battle. This does not require you to go out and pvp, if you're so strong against it go do something else, suchas playing an alt or just go sk.

And if you really care enough I'm sure you can find enough people to go do a private raid or two, theres many options to pick from besides just "Let's go pvp." I can understand that it's being shut down to help encourage clan coming out to *gasp* help support their side of the conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Foud
    Not to you know sound rude or anything, but reading through the other threads it's pretty clear that a large majority of clan would rather Bnet be shut down durning a large tower battle.
    Heh if you read these boards you could imagine 99% of players are PvP addicts who want to do nothing else than tower battles 24/7, yet you only find a few 10s actually going there while SK teams, city alien raids, dyna hunting etc... attract much more players.

I'd rather not have the bot shut and a zod raid with perhaps less than 20 people get interrupted because some random omni decided to attack. Those who want to leave and PvP can always do so.
    Pompidou, Vanguard - Setup
    Zitrone, Deity (?) - PvP PvM

AO PvP Guide for beginners (by Silentslash)
    Waiting for LostEden... if it ever comes out!

Not everyone wants to PvP 24/7. Some have VERY LITTLE time online and chose to do something more enjoyable like level toons or try to do raids for gear...

Face it... without leveling and upgrading gear... then doing nothing but pvp would be a total waste of time... i (and others) can think of better things to do with time online... being cannon fodder for some 220 twink for hours on end is not my idea of fun.

And without gear and levels... which that 220 twink has Already Gotten from raids... then it seems pointless.

If Bnet if going to be closed down for Raids... then Screw the Provision of the Contract that says anyone raiding outside of Bnet will be banned.

Yeah... it is his bot... but lets be clear that Notum Wars content and Shadowlands content have nothing to do with each other. And as it stands... the 'community contract' that has been honored for the last several months calls for Anyone / Everyone to be banned if they are raiding outside of bot...

So... with that in mind... Anyone whom Does Not want to be forced to PvP... but wants to raid instead... Has little choice... If they do an Alternative Public / Private raid outside of Bnet (dispite the fact that it was shut down) then they face Permanent Banning on Bnet... and considering that Private Raids are infrequent... a permanent ban is pretty serious.

The only reason anyone should be banned from any bot is for deliberately screwing with an ongoing raid. Not because they did / did not want to raid or pvp with the rest of the herd.

F(sounds like suck) all this playing God crap.
    Last edited by fixerspy; Mar 4th, 2005 at 03:14:56.
    Join Us!
    You know you want too!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro
    I'd rather not have the bot shut and a zod raid with perhaps less than 20 people get interrupted because some random omni decided to attack. Those who want to leave and PvP can always do so.
    EXACTLY.
    Join Us!
    You know you want too!

Quote Originally Posted by fixerspy
    So... it would seem that some within the community want to dictate that EVERYONE should PvP regardless of if they want to raid...

I don't think so...

WTB another bot to use... or list of guilds interested in raiding instead of pvp...

Roedran... I know that the 'Contract' calls for people not to raid outside of bot... or on off week... but if Bnet is being shut down (resulting in Shutting Down Game Content) then I think that contract should be torn up and tossed out...

I thought Bnet was supposed to be helping provide access to content? That is why many so happily accepted the 'contract' as is... but do you really expect everyone to happily abandon raids to go pvp? 90% of the time I, and many others, don't give a crap about pvp.

If you shut down Bnet every time a tower site is attacked, then don't be too surprised when PRIVATE RAIDS start becoming a common occurance again and no one will give a damn about the contract.
    I do believe that you Fixerspy don't give a damn about PvP just about 99.9% of the time actually, since the only time I have ever seen you even close to a battle of any kind is during the CoH TL4 base defense earlier in the week in DAV. And we had to get Vogonjeltz to fgrid ppl there, since that seemed to be beyond your abilities...

Battles happen very rarely, it can go literally months between each major engagement or campaign. Think of it as a state of emergency, and that Bnet is shut down temporarily to encourage (but not force) you to go fight for the pride and honor of your side, and incidentally give yourself and your org a shot at the phat lewt that is high level tower sites.

Of course, pride and honor in your side starts with pride and honor in the self...
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

I'll talk with Schnano about hosting of the bots...
    Without panic/flame please.

p.s. you can use personal private channel of every player in ao for towers/raids etc.
    Last edited by Assaerje; Mar 4th, 2005 at 03:21:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Assaerje
    I'll talk with Schnano about hosting of the bots...
    Without panic/flame please.

p.s. you can use personal private channel of every player in ao for towers/raids etc.
    Errrr... clan bot discussion? Not related to the current omni bot situation in any way?
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Who cares? Omni have same problem, don't write what you didn't know this.

Well... in that last tower battle I died several times trying to harass the pocket docs and buffers that were supporting the little dudes attacking the towers...

and i do recall running around for 30 to 45 minutes screaming lft in gimpyjr (while i was solo pvp'ing against 4 or 5 200+ teamed omnis) and asking if yall wanted me on the battle field, at the grid for buff/taxi service, or logged on alt for lower level pvp... and guess what... No one on gimpyJr said jack to me or offered team or did anything...

so i said screw gimpyJr chat, went on org chat... and did my thing solo... and also relogged an alt and finally got on a team (being solo against teamed pvp sucks).

Oh well... life goes on. Thanks to all those who help defend the CoH towers. We love ya.

------------

anyways... back on track. Those who want to pvp can easily find it. Unless you are gunsaber... but lets face it... he and his friends are pvp addicts... most of us could never Mainline as much of it as they do...

I'm sure that many others feel as I do... unless my guild or friends need me... then I am going to spend my time online playing to level, playing to get gear, and playing to have fun (i.e. not being cannon fodder continuously).

So... if a bot, which supports raid content, is deliberately shut down to 'encourage' us to go pvp... then screw it.

Change the 'Contract' to allow Anyone / Everyone to Raid outside of Bnet without penality if Bnet is shut down... or screw the contract.
    Last edited by fixerspy; Mar 4th, 2005 at 03:44:48.
    Join Us!
    You know you want too!

Angry

I hear talk about pride and honor....wasnt it clan who gave a FREE burden to Snow for making Bnet when he was omni? Talk about whoring yourself out for loot, give me a break.
    Afflicted: Soldier of Tiger Claw.
    Liability: Bureaucrat of Tiger Claw.
    Visit us at www.tiger-claw.net

As for tower go, the ruler of the bot can set any rules he want and if he want the bot to shut down at any 140+ war then it is so, dont like it? use another bot, is there no other bot? sorry, out of luck, go live a real life

Quote Originally Posted by Afflicted
    I hear talk about pride and honor....wasnt it clan who gave a FREE burden to Snow for making Bnet when he was omni? Talk about whoring yourself out for loot, give me a break.

Hmm, he code the bot, he host the bot, he runs the bot, if you ask me one burden aint a bad price for a the bot you get back.

But on the other hand, Bnet shuts down on *every* 140+ pvp fight? that can be messsy

And dont give me any **** if omni should attack tl 4 towers while clan do pande, clan attack omni tl4 all the time
    "Bash and smash is the name of me game, and bash and smash is, er, kinda like me name."

My point being, Clan layed down for him..an Omni so he would code their bot. Im sure a Clanner could have done it. I know its his bot yadda yadda, my point is..hes an OMNI ffs, so the people who use Bnet automatically lose their so called Clan Honor every time they use it. I may be taking it a bit seriously, but just don't talk about honor and then use his bot lol.
    Last edited by Afflicted; Mar 4th, 2005 at 05:54:19.
    Afflicted: Soldier of Tiger Claw.
    Liability: Bureaucrat of Tiger Claw.
    Visit us at www.tiger-claw.net

Quote Originally Posted by Nargo
    And dont give me any **** if omni should attack tl 4 towers while clan do pande
    i'd be happy if omni attacked tl4 at all
    Netu nanogimp Adv, Netustin retired Fixer and alts
    of Nemesis, Rimor

yes... it is his bot. and yes he can do anything he wants with it.

my main concern is that people will be permanently banned from Bnet or other public bots... because they chose to have an alternate raid IF / WHEN Bnet was shut down.

Per the orginial contract any one raiding Pande outside of Bnet would be banned... However... if Bnet is being shut down... does this still apply?

As far as I'm concerned... if a bot is made available to support a raid / content... then it should do just that... support that raid / content regardless of what else is going on ingame. and the only reason anyone should be banned from a bot is if they grief / train / ninja the raid...

So... if Bnet is down... from my point of view... then there is no reason whatso ever to ban people because they chose to raid anyways...

/me looks to the bot Gods and community leaders who made up the orginal raid / time sharing contract...

comments please?

if roedran really wants it done his way... then why not start the guild of roedran... make the bots private... and tell everyone to join or have a nice day? same difference...
    Join Us!
    You know you want too!

amm. snow went clan - he has a clan char as far a i know, and is a clanner isnt he?

fixerspy, was clan side who asked him to make that bot, so i guess they DO like it?

as for the burden thing, to play a bit of the "devils advocate" like silje did, do u reacon spending hours on hours of time programing a bot, making new features, keeping it up and hosting it, upgrading it to fit the ever changing needs of a community and having to deal with a bloody tide of whiners and flamers,and all that for ppl who still see u as thier enemy, is worth 1 piece of pand loot?

just my 2 cents realy, know it aint realy my side issue, but hey, im an oppinionated bastage!!
    Abalz; .. I feel there is a specail folder for our NT reports, they print it out and make a magazine out of it each month and put them in the restrooms lol

Hermy; Devs : "We thought it be a good idea to give a few professions some insanely good defence, and at the same time make sure those also get to do the most damage, unfortunately NT isnt one of those, so suck it up"

Kinkstaah: It appears they forgot the 0 at the end of the extra damage hit bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by fixerspy
    Not everyone wants to PvP 24/7. Some have VERY LITTLE time online and chose to do something more enjoyable like level toons or try to do raids for gear...

Face it... without leveling and upgrading gear... then doing nothing but pvp would be a total waste of time... i (and others) can think of better things to do with time online... being cannon fodder for some 220 twink for hours on end is not my idea of fun.
    Thats why Omni nowadays > Clan at 200+ wars. With such mentality of clan members... :\

clarification... my concerns is not about the actual bot. it is about the practices and policies (i.e. all the human crap) of how the bot is used.

focus people.

bots... in general... are awesome. nice tools. but like any tool can be used in very strange ways... i.e. shutting down a raid to 'encourage' people to join pvp... and players who choose to raid anyway being threated with banishment from bnet under the current pande contract...
    Join Us!
    You know you want too!

Fixerspy god can you just shut up,im going crazy reading youre stupid ****!

Gonna kill a co-worker to ease off.

And btw there is no such thing as 220 TWINK you F* dumbass.
    Apprentice Powerworker 216 / 19 Proud Member Of Dark Front
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Shenshen 206 / 6 Martial Artist Proud Member Of Exodus
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Agentshenia 210 / 13 Agent Proud Member Of Exodus

If you so desperately want a bot, why don't you write and host one yourself? Is there any point in this thread besides you wanting to reap the benefits of someone else's hard work?

Hmm, and did you ever think about what would have happened to your nice TL4 base if every Clanner out there shared your opinion of "I want immediate results for the work I do right now"? When someone plants a seed today, does he expect a fully grown tree the next morning. Sometimes you need to invest some time, not getting much in the sense of rewards, to get an enormous reward that wouldn't be possibe to get if you went for the quick reward every day.

Not meant as a flame or anything. Just some friendly advice.

Oh and btw, mass PvP battles aren't 1vs1 stand-offs. If you die, it isn't because you lost to a lvl220 twink, but it's because you got targetted by 50+ angry Omlets all at the same time. The good thing is, there are 50+ equally angry Clanners on your side (and quite a few of them also lvl220 twinks) that will do whatever it takes to make sure your visit to reclaim wasn't in vain.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast