Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: frosty`s tower mayhem guide.

frosty`s tower mayhem guide.

lets see what we can do to make the day to day life of the stiniking (insert faction) force life hell:

the nt may assume a few jobs in a towefight.let have a look at what we can and how we do it.

hunter-killer unit. those are usualy the rifle+RB combo nts at around level 200-210, at 215ish a deck nuke will be handy as well. job is usualy to take care of those sneaky ppl who try nasty stuff as flanking, and more. . get buffed with all the ussual stuff u like. make sure u got burden of atlas ready, and offcourse the theoretical resaerch root,- this is very healthy in tower fights. as a hunter killer, u shuold attain the nano nural stunner. sure u remember it gimped, but i assure it tends to land when least expected, and those few secs of stun should allow your fellow agents/alpha killers to finish the target.

suppresion unit:
    put on a cd, get CM and use your haviest nuke to level the target raid elader is calling out. ull be suprised how much does one nuke can do,and deck nukes cut NR to shreads and got the 40 range so u can hit it almost anytime it can hit u. prime targets of suprresion unit are fellow nts,fixers,mas,shades, docs, and crats. make them stay back, and run away.most ppl tend to do so when they lost 40% of thier hp fast.

harrasment in general:
    this is fun stuff to do in between. area blinds , rooting targets, all of this si the little peranuts that can piss most ppl off.hell, even spam AI dots and crown of frost just fer kicks, many times ppl wont notice having lost thier ability to cast the current nano, in the time it takes to find a new one in the tower lag might mean a trip to reclaim!

soon inc frost`s solo pvp fun !(NOT)
    Abalz; .. I feel there is a specail folder for our NT reports, they print it out and make a magazine out of it each month and put them in the restrooms lol

Hermy; Devs : "We thought it be a good idea to give a few professions some insanely good defence, and at the same time make sure those also get to do the most damage, unfortunately NT isnt one of those, so suck it up"

Kinkstaah: It appears they forgot the 0 at the end of the extra damage hit bonus.

ok, lets make it more personal now!

the nts best friend in the arena/flag war is his rooting abilty and NS2.without those, u stand very litle chance of making more than apuddle of blood out of yourslef.

usefull nanos in (kinda):

roots: keep your nice melee oponent rooted and nuke him,try to out smart a soldier with tms by rooting him and walking out of range/use area obstacls. also aginst some profs a root can get u out of some nasty nano`s range. example is UBT: only 25 meters range. sure, most high levels who are very expirienced will get it to 40- but not all are.
    blinds:
    a good blind is helpfull in kiting the melee users (watch him run aimlessly a buit and might buy u the time needed to reroot) and offcourse, it makes ppl miss u more and do less dmg sdue to lowering thier attack rating.blinds arent hard to land, for some godforsaken reason they land more often than they should.
    layers:
    725 is not much in pvp, but it sure as hell better than nothing..chain layering yourslef while ns is down might be a good life saver, and will surly take some of that nasty dmg down.layers are especialy good for nts who use guns,since they can chain layers while shooting.add this to full def,blinds+ perk init debufand AR perk debuff.- and u might even survive or at least make it till the sec that telepot perk/team doc kicks in:P

ns2: nothing much to add here aye?be aware soldiers can rip it off with aug fury.nerf them.and start with tacky pls. good thing most sols dont do that nowdays.

tasty nukes:
    some nukes do more than just dmg and might be helpfull in the long run.
    those will be:

the crown of frost series: hurts nano skills badly,can be quite a killer in lower levels. hated by fellow nts, docs, and advis in low levels since a -100 nano skils means less effectiver nanos.it uauly catchs ppl by suprise since they dont expect an nt to debuff thier nano skills. it is however quite useless in hig levels.

gravitaitnal anomaly: ok dmg, but -200 all evds for 9 secs is nice.p.s: also usefull in team combat when u want to take that fixer down:P .no, dont use it on smurfs.

electrical containmnt:
    EC is a clasiscal old skool nuke, which stuns at 25% and is insta cast at full def, making it a good "ns2 down omg omg " nuke.some ppl favor it alot.

roots: burden. and some prayers to make it land.

nural stunner- a good combo in a team, seems to land at times, and that little stun is handy when u wanna finish off the target, or prevent him from running off. it actualyl lands once in a decade!

mezzes: mezz the pets. all of them. also when some smart fella tmses and starts shooting at god mode, or an nt does, mezz him. a -800 inits is painfull in any level, and it will stay untill u shoot him. will proly not save u, but defintly makes a change

thats general , not profesion oriented. more to follow soon.
    Abalz; .. I feel there is a specail folder for our NT reports, they print it out and make a magazine out of it each month and put them in the restrooms lol

Hermy; Devs : "We thought it be a good idea to give a few professions some insanely good defence, and at the same time make sure those also get to do the most damage, unfortunately NT isnt one of those, so suck it up"

Kinkstaah: It appears they forgot the 0 at the end of the extra damage hit bonus.

doc: chancless usualy. try to root him and get out of ubt range. if ubt got range of 40, ur as good as dead before gettign in there. try to time nuke and supernova/wepon alpha fer a killing blow. still kinda hopeless.

advi:
    melee: root and nuke him. if he is 100% resistable, damn shame
    ranged: almost imposible , patch might change that. debuff him with all u can so F.A will be ****yy, . blind + dazzle with lights will do wonders on those. pray to god he sucks at healing- though we all know it aint like that.

soldier: yet another imposible one. when tms up, root him, blind him, dwl him, and MEZZ him. and dont attack get OUT of range big time. chain layer urself i and u might survive, dont bet on it thought. .slimchance as most guns packa 40 range with increases or close nuff.this and doc are the most hopeless profs for nt to fight aginst. his fury will rip ur ns2 off in 1 sec,so dont count on it.

enf: kite him. blind, dwl,chain roots, and DO NOT use deck nukes unless he is a good few levels under u. use a rifle, enfs love AS in the heat of summer. nothing like a head shot for those.also, understand that when ns2 goes up, u migth be done for, since once its off ull be facing a mean alpha and he would be on top of u. NOTE: rage does not break TR root use it and most non experienced enfs will be shocked nuff for u to punch some more nukes in.

keeper: worse than enf in the sense that he heals more, but , roots are more handy. kite him, AS him, and make sure those blinds and dwl are on non stop.all in all longer to kill due to many healing and defensive specials. work on them roots, unlike enf, keeper aint got rage to save his @$$ if however, he got mor/spatial, ur in trouble.

shade:use aoe blind to annoy him while he is hidden, and the occasional VE, NOT kells, since we want that insta recharge in case he attacks. if he does, kick in ns2, and nuke the hell out of his hp. roots are usefull aginst those, unless they train the anti root perkline. thing is, when u " see" them to root, it might be a bit too late to get away, since a shade can alpha u fast and good be on ur tows here, these are nasty. also be rdy to use the nano pool perkline since they have an annoying nano dot. notign that can realy hinder an nt if u catch it coming though.

agent:if he is FP doc, or FP soldier, jo0 are screwed. simple as that.watch out fer killer alphas, if u sruvive the alpha, and he aint in a healer/tms prof, nuke him to oblivion. the chance of that happening though, is about same as chance of sevent saying nts dont need AS.

mp: once u get the NSD killer, he is a joke. mezz his pets, ./disco.before that, u need soem luck. be rdy to use lower nukes in case he uses some mc debuff insted of nsd.mezz the mezz pet first, attack pet after, heal pet last.
    engi: keep a godo 15 meters away, keep him rooted agisnt his perk nukes and auras. mezz pets. get to 40 range. nuke. disco.

crat: mezz pets. kill.

nt: depends. if hes a wep user at 200+ , dont use crown of frost, he will lough at it. if eh is a cd user, u need to look at him. if he looks a newb, give him a crown, it just might toss him off balance. its awasome for twinks btw. if he is a pro, or at least equiped like one, most chances are this wont lower the mc nuff to effect him. matter of choice realy. if he fires ns up, wait on it. use mezz on him, and layer urself some, and make sure u cast root about 7 secs after ns is up, or even 8. thats so he will de-root himself just in time for u to re-root the very sec ns is down u might also wanna ditch mezz and go with stun nukes insted. matter of choice , again.

trader:
    depends on level. at high end game nothing to fear realy. keep a distance of sorts non the less, alweayes keep a shortbar rdy to use of lesser nano skill nanos, gfor the slight case that he hurts u bad.

if u got CD on, get rdy to use a very diffrent nuke:P remember to have rb on ur shortbar at times, cus it is far better than some of the lower nukes for cd. RB>>> all deck nukes till 215. same wil be with e.c/ief and the evilants, esepcialy when u got an aimed shot oin top of it in your pocket. watch ur nano pool , traders can eat it and tend to get hungry at times. at very low levels, traders are EXTREMLY hard due to ease of beign redenrd totaly helpless by thier debuffs. 200+, ull be fine.

ok, more inc soon about some equip we like

ok, lets look at a bit of gadjets.

what do we nts hate most? U B T . (we love reclaim, dont get me wrong, we do!)

so, find a friendly level 60 fella, and buy off all his nice puryfing rods. that item will remove the nasty doc debuff and might buy u time to get out of docs evil debuff range. thank god fer that eh?

next: blitz high lq first aid/de-root stims. its handy, ull thank me for it, honest, u will. for a level 190ish nt its rather easy to get a pile of 220ish or higher ql stims, and they do kick in much heavier then crapy shop ones.get 250 if u can

Might of the Revenant: u might say, why do i need this?! i got deroots! well folks, the problem is u can be -re-rooted, and a mor will give u some precuis time to make a run for it. if ur rooted, de-root, then use it that very sec to get 15 secs or so of root resistance. run home to momy to fight another day!

nothing biggy here, im a bit too sleepy to think of more atm

will do perk specials soonish

general note to those new nts who wanna do higher level pvp: coming to a tower war, what nanos do i need in my ncu?

first thing first, get rrfe, and OS From a friendly soldier. u know u want to. then get a doc init buff, that will be good in helping u move one more step into the realms of the defensive stance. then, keep room in ncu for a hot, essence, and most imporant, an engi special absorber- to survie that annoying AS from that annoying agent, who will kill u later with that annoying second AS. isnt that grand!?

if ur gonna be kelling, get a hot, and ask for a short hot second before u start. but u realy rather not, unless in tl4 war. dont say i didnt warn ya. honest. i did.

Quote Originally Posted by frostblast
    if ur gonna be kelling, get a hot, and ask for a short hot second before u start. but u realy rather not, unless in tl4 war. dont say i didnt warn ya. honest. i did.
    Last time i kel'd it went like this.
    1) saw large clanner group, got in range, executed
    2) waited
    3) waited some more
    4) wated a little longer
    5) Kel went off. While it was executing the pvp groups had gotten into melee range, flags had spread on about everyone and someone had put up a omni nanomage sb.
    6) I picked up my reclaim in Pandemonium.

You are warned ;p
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

great post thanks.

PvP is something i really dont have success in yet. Any tips help.
    OMG I just got 14 Crits in a row!
    Wait a mo' I forgot im an NT o_0
    -----------------------------------------
    Bio of Doublezer0

Put on fast recharging hard hitting AS weapon. Put RB in shortcut. Put BoA in shortcut. Put the best nt root breaker in shortcut. Put free movement kits in shortcut.

Get highest ql triple AS imps in- preferably ql 270+. Put on 270+ scope. Put on AS buffing armor if you can. Put on bracers that add to AS weapon's dmg tipe. Make sure that you have 40+ m range with your weapon (sinse they capped at 40+ and not 40 m unlike nanos).

Twink your NR as much as you can- main thing that will kill you at towers will be being rooted and called. Stay at the edge or other side's range- if you called and resisted roots just move a little back and they wont be able to hit you without getting into range of mane groop that is beasy doing tab/AS. Dont follow target in- you dont have TMS to save your ass when 10 friends of target will try to show you what happens to small white boys in prison.

Twink your dodge ranged- those FA/bursts can be evaded.

Make sure to refresh your layer. Those 725 can be a live saver- especially if other side uses more then 1 dmg tipe.

Get inf map/boon/citty/ua/tts/doc init/doc nr/beh/screen/engi special absorb/gsf/mop/compo mocham/rrfe/os before starting shooting. Dont use pnh/ior for pvp- you have a better use for ncu.

Stay with the main omni(clam if you are) mass. You are a soft target- and the main force lf something to AS will give something to think about to anybody that will try to follow you in.

Select a target. Start casting RB. When its almost casted use AS. This way target wont know that its under attack untill the last moment. And AS landing for 4 k combined with 2-3 k RB will garantee you points once the rest of your force join in to finish the target. Dont forget to root it if its stuped enought to stay around after AS/RB landed (unless its a sol with TMS on and 3 docs healing him that went forword to attract main force's fire- in that case find a softer target instead of waisting time).

Tab/AS is fun. Tab/AS followed by root is even funnier- and nt roots land in mass pvp nicely enought.

And generally dont try to be a hero. With AS/RB you are one of best dmg dealers at max range- and you can root the target on top for mane force to finish it. And thats what you do at towers to be max effective as nt- select targets and assasinate them.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

Sounds good but it requires using AS.

I use pistols (CDR's) when i can for extra dmg and they work better for longer periods. Handy for doing dmg thorugh NS. Also handy for doing dmg whilst self-spamming Layers which in turn is more effective when more than one dmg type is used.

If you dont have a nukes/AS combo setup then the NT is left to root/blind from behind the crowd i guess?
    OMG I just got 14 Crits in a row!
    Wait a mo' I forgot im an NT o_0
    -----------------------------------------
    Bio of Doublezer0

Quote Originally Posted by blarp
    Sounds good but it requires using AS.

I use pistols (CDR's) when i can for extra dmg and they work better for longer periods. Handy for doing dmg thorugh NS. Also handy for doing dmg whilst self-spamming Layers which in turn is more effective when more than one dmg type is used.

If you dont have a nukes/AS combo setup then the NT is left to root/blind from behind the crowd i guess?
    behind the crowd means out of range. and generally speaking... if you want to do anything, you can't be hiding. the exception is throwing area blinds using the nearest possible target.

as to weapon choice... if you're serious about PvP, you can't say "I use pistols" ... normal weapons damage doesn't have much place in that part of the game, it is all about specials (well, these days it's all about AS... as most of the other specials are nerfed... especially as an NT). Don't expect to be successful using a PvM set-up. It's a pretty separate set of rules.

never behind the crowd.... im alwayes up front, in leet form, or sneaking behind the clanners ... but behind the omni blob? who u gonna kill there? ur own docs?

to be a good nt pvper, the first lesson is to lose any sense of self security its the madness that gives us power

Good thing I'm on RK1 ...

Nice summary though.
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by _Delerium
    Last time i kel'd it went like this.
    1) saw large clanner group, got in range, executed
    2) waited
    3) waited some more
    4) wated a little longer
    5) Kel went off. While it was executing the pvp groups had gotten into melee range, flags had spread on about everyone and someone had put up a omni nanomage sb.
    6) I picked up my reclaim in Pandemonium.

You are warned ;p

Hehe a friend of mine died 8 times in a row when he did that. he was keep getting the chain death message
    Mad as a Hatter
    Devil Inside's official mascot

wow nice guide.. little bible there for my twink

would like to add a little in the case of shades/agents

If your a purist and not using an AS weapon and sticking with the cyberdeck, even though it does no damage, once the shade/agent is out of concealment you should attack him (thats - press "q") so they cannot rehide, when you're plainly nuking him your not actually registered as "attacking" your opponent, and these two professions can both rehide in battle when they are not being "attacked"
    Meko 220/20 MA Perks
    Nanomeko 80/6 NT Idiot Savant - more generic add all nanoskill items please.

let me gues let it was Dommgaz3 or bonzay1 well its a nice guid frosty and i aggree with nearly all. meet soon again on the battlefield (where we did meet each other very often alr)
    U have to enjoy the fight to be really good.
    Devil Artemisv Hellcaster (retired)
    Warconfig
    usual PVMConfig
    Nosferatu Erinyes Alucard
    Devil Zyankali Advocate
    Yamaeda: Three Cyberdecks for the Opifex-kings under the sky, Seven for the Atrox-lords in their halls of notum, Nine for Nanomage doomed to die, One for the Dark Lady on her dark throne In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live. One Cyberdeck to rule them all, One Deck to find them, One Deck to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live.

"GM Santaki: If you are worried about being banned you should email support and explain that you are not involved in any exploiting. "

omg, i got my guide rooted!!!! eternal glory achived!!!!

wait, no one reads those rooted threads.. rats!!

Quote Originally Posted by frostblast
    omg, i got my guide rooted!!!! eternal glory achived!!!!

wait, no one reads those rooted threads.. rats!!
    Yes, welcome to the halls of forgotten posters ... You can pay me in cyb0rz later.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Just of few side notes :
    U forgot MA , duels or ganking .. if they are rootable , u root him , don't start to nuke ! .. always MA gona brake root with there thingy and in 1.5s +,- a few nanosecs u will be dead , so root again after they do the thingy with kick/jump in , get a few step back nuke , nuke , NS(as many don't have graphics on due the lag , he might not see u are in NS ) .. if he is stupid enuff not to run , u have him .

And something else , Frost put this guide from a 220ish point of view ..
    So between 209-212 i was able sometime to kill this profs in duels : advies(ranged), agent(fp docs)..note on each proff i killed let's say 3 peeps each , some might be gimps some might be pvp newbs .

Advies : blind,dazzle decreased there dmg and even missed fa/burst .. if he uses later the cocoon mezz and spam layers .. usually i killed them on second NS ,he uses coocoon first mezz and layer don't try to brake it (unless u are in NS) .
    agents/fpdoc -- if u have enuff NR u can counter sometimes the UBT , w/o ubt u can kill them , u just have to time ur dmg perks/nukes/dazzle just after a CH .
    Usually i started in full deff and NS ,NS over full agro after 1-2 nukes they stop trying to ubt me .Remeber they could of been gimp/newbs to pvp etc .

Yes no OSB cose RRFE on some1 reaaaaly sux.

the chances to realy root a high level MA adn keep him there, is almost 0, even worse, most pvp mas will be practicly unrootable with every trick in the book... seeing as u dont get a lot of second chances with those, id say try perk root while nukeing... if that one didnt work, slim chance others will as well.

the blind on healer profs is nice cus they sometimes mess up and heal u insted.

will be doing perk guide for pvp soon

the main issue with agents is who starts the fight.. if u take in a whole alpha, from a high level agent, ull be dead/crippeld big time, if u get first blood in, then u might make it... again, not aginst an agent of same skill level/equip level as yours, simply cus they have an extremly pvp oriented toolset, while we have... well, trashcan oriented toolset. life is peachy!

To kill (clam) ma:

Roll omni sol nt

Put deck on

Use SB :P that aoe unremovable root pwns

Nuke the sucker while he is rooted/doted

Then watch the angry tells
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast