Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A new 3rd party program to check personal shops for sold items from anywhere!

A new 3rd party program to check personal shops for sold items from anywhere!

Was bored today and made some minor adjustments that were bothering me so i had to dig up this ooold thread.
    I made some changes to the GUI so it doesnt mess up when u minimize. Also corrected a spelling error and added better explanation on how to add players.
    Download link is working too now for the latest version as of today.
    And btw, i found out its of no use to have an install so i removed it. The download is only 2 files, 1 for the application and one to make it look better(not necessary).
    Just replace the old ones with the new one if u already have it installed.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you are using AO Shop Agent plz download the lastest version as of today
    The older versions can come in conflict with AO resources.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AO Shop Agent is now moved to a more reliable website for download.
    It should now work fine no matter if u have items sold or not in shop.
    Read the "How to..." on the help menu to learn how to set it up properly,
    if u still have trouble post it here and ill try to help.
    So here is yet another third party program for Anarchy Online. This one focuses on the new shopping system that shipped with Alien Invasion. This program makes it possible for you to check if you have sold any new items in your personal shop without even visiting your city. If you have several shops, that is not a problem. You can save all your shops right here and with the click of a button check if there are any recently sold items in any of them.

AO Shop Agent was originally made for personal use, but seeing how useful it can be i thought i'd share it with the community. Im not sure how many will even give it a first glance, but at least im giving people the opportunity to use it in the first place. As for now its a beta version only since i havent had too many people testing it just yet. But it works for me, and as long as there is any interest ill remove any bugs that might show up

The program can be downloaded here !

Im happy for any feedback and bug report. Post it here or send a tell to /Shaella ingame.

Also, as said this is a 3rd party program for AO and not approved by Funcom, so you are using it on your own responsibility. My intentions are all good though! It will NEVER ask you for your username/password for AO or anything like that.
    Last edited by Shaella; Mar 12th, 2006 at 23:59:03.
    The Ring is mine! MINE!

Shaella - 220(30) Shade
    Tankmaster - 213(11) Enforcer

Sounds good, but it says I don't have authority to browse that folder.(In swedish, so can't give you the exact message. )

Hmm weird, u mean u cant browse your own Anarchy Online installation folder?
    The path where u can find the file should be something like this:
    C:\Program Files\Anarchy Online\Prefs\[Account Name]\[Charxxxx]\PlayerShopLog.html
    And there will be one PlayerShopLog.html for each character [Charxxxx] that has a shop ingame.
    It can be a pain to find the right file for the right character though..

Or maybe i misunderstood, hoping its not the FTP that messed up again
    Last edited by Shaella; May 4th, 2005 at 23:14:00.
    The Ring is mine! MINE!

Shaella - 220(30) Shade

... I meant the FTP.

dang sry about that, if it still doesnt work ill fix it by tomorrow
    The Ring is mine! MINE!

Shaella - 220(30) Shade

Smile

Are you sure the app won't hack all of my bank accounts, steal my stereo and pets?

J/K good job, trying it out now. I love the player shops, but not being able to remote-check it can be a pain. Looking forward to try this out!

LOL no its not one of those filthy programs hehe
    All it does is check ur shop for sold items ^^
    The Ring is mine! MINE!

Shaella - 220(30) Shade

Hmm, need to pay a visit to Microsoft Update it seems, will report back when I have had a first run with it

I like the idea but it's a little sucky that traders got something to use to check shops remotely and now a program is around to do that too. Ah well, not that I won't use it!

As far as I understood this tool allows you to check if u have sold something. It saves you the time of running to city, entering market and actually checking the admin interface and finding out nothing has happened.

The trader tool on the other hand allows them to enter the global search terminal from anywhere, which is way more powerful tool.

Quote Originally Posted by massu
    As far as I understood this tool allows you to check if u have sold something. It saves you the time of running to city, entering market and actually checking the admin interface and finding out nothing has happened.

The trader tool on the other hand allows them to enter the global search terminal from anywhere, which is way more powerful tool.
    Agree, gonna check it later

If this works (can't try it, Im at work) it's going to be my new best friend. With 14 toons and each of them having a player shop (13 of them are for org donations so don't start thinking Im JD Rockafella or nothing) checking them can take a good part of my gaming night

Hope to find out it does work before I get home tonight that way I can give my wife the program and let her have at it.
    Docarrific - Solitus - Level 144 Band-Aid RK1
    Warrenty - Nanomage - Level 86 - Executive Officer of Mass Destruction - RK1

Squadleader of the feared "Muffins of Doom"
    and General of the Shadow Atlantians

I'm taking bets on what I can and can't solo, send me a tell and prepare to pony up some dough
    Level Updated 1 Aug 05

lol 14! if it works for u then it should work for most others too. Tell me when u tried it out :P
    The Ring is mine! MINE!

Shaella - 220(30) Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch
    Hmm, need to pay a visit to Microsoft Update it seems, will report back when I have had a first run with it
    Ah forgot to say that the program requires .NET installed to run. Like u said just download it from microsoft update if u dont have it already. .NET is required for alot of stuff nowadays (much like java), so most ppl will need to install it anyway. The update is small in size too..
    The Ring is mine! MINE!

Shaella - 220(30) Shade

Hmmm, I am a bit curious how this works. I did not think that there would be anything in the client-server interface that would allow you to check your shop without being present at your shop console. I haven't tried it, but at first glance it sounds to good to be true.
    Anstice 216 MP - President of Coven of Hunters

Visit us at www.coh-ao.org

I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie. I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe it is better to know than to be ignorant.
    - H. L. Mencken

Its my understanding that as long as you are online, if an item is sold, the data is sent to the client and stored there. Thats what this program is based on.
    The Ring is mine! MINE!

Shaella - 220(30) Shade

OK. I just found a "minor" flaw in the way the program works
    Seems it was released alittle early maybe.
    Well the program works, but IF you dont have any recently sold items in the bank (items you havent cashed out) then the PlayerShopLog.html file will not exist at all. As soon as you sell something it is generated and vice versa. My program assumes that the file is there at all times.
    This is something i will fix pretty fast. If u still wanna use the program on a character that has no html file for the time being, you can just manually paste the path to where the file is generated and add \PlayerShopLog.html to the end of it. It should look something like this:
    C:\Program Files\Anarchy Online\Prefs\[Account Name]\[Charxxxx]\PlayerShopLog.html
    Then when it checks for items it will show an error that it cant find the file (meaning no items are sold). If however there are items sold the file will be there and parsed out in the program automatically....
    If u have already configured your shop you will just get the same error that the file cant be found, but it still works since u saved the file-path.
    Anyway ill put up a new version very soon that takes care of this somewhat unexpected incidence :P
    The reason this happened is that i had 3 items sold the hole time while making this program and never bothered to pick them up until now lol :P

Remember its a beta

PS! Download link will not work until its fixed.
    Last edited by Shaella; May 6th, 2005 at 02:43:41.
    The Ring is mine! MINE!

Shaella - 220(30) Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Shaella
    OK. I just found a "minor" flaw in the way the program works
    Seems it was released alittle early maybe.
    Well the program works, but IF you dont have any recently sold items in the bank (items you havent cashed out) then the PlayerShopLog.html file will not exist at all. As soon as you sell something it is generated and vice versa. My program assumes that the file is there at all times.
    This is something i will fix pretty fast. If u still wanna use the program on a character that has no html file for the time being, you can just manually paste the path to where the file is generated and add \PlayerShopLog.html to the end of it. It should look something like this:
    Then when it checks for items it will show an error that it cant find the file (meaning no items are sold). If however there are items sold the file will be there and parsed out in the program automatically....
    If u have already configured your shop you will just get the same error that the file cant be found, but it still works since u saved the file-path.
    Anyway ill put up a new version very soon that takes care of this somewhat unexpected incidence :P
    The reason this happened is that i had 3 items sold the hole time while making this program and never bothered to pick them up until now lol :P

Remember its a beta

PS! Download link will not work until its fixed.
    I was just coming to point that i tried the program and couldnt find that PlayerShopLog.html in all the AO directory.Also must note that i hadnt any object sold with cash inside (i mean, i had objects avaliable to sell, but no sold ones).

FFS WE WANT A FIX, THIS PATCH WAS A CR...eh, sorry, we are too used to...lol

Thanks for your work, this can end being a great program

Now its fixed and FTP is up and running

The new version (0.91b) doesnt depend on the PlayerShopLog.html file to be present when you configure your shops.
    I re-programmed it so now u only browse your way to your character-folder, the rest is taken care of by the program. It automatically checks if the file exists when u refresh your shop, hope that will solve the problem :P

-Shaella
    The Ring is mine! MINE!

Shaella - 220(30) Shade

Whether I try with IE or the right click (save link as) I cant DL from the above link

Any other way ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast