Thread: Taunts vs Damage poll

Taunts vs Damage poll

Mongo Crush Taunt = 10,000 taunt value.

Do you believe that 10,000 points of taunt is equal to 10,000 points of damage?

Discuss.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

I have no idea wheter 1 dmg equals 1 in taunt value but I guess it does. However, right now for tank profs its hard to keep aggro against some high dmg profs (read shades). A possible fix would be to make 1 dmg to equal 0.75 taunt or something.

well, if u look at it in a sk team for instance in start of a fight;

Soldier FA's for 13k or so.. Sol gets aggro...

me hits for 1700ish, FA 1700ish, Brawl 'random' , mongo's 10k taunt.. aggro on me

usually like that when im teaming a soldier, 2-3 hits + mongo gets aggro back from soldier's start-up FA

so the taunt value looks pretty equal to dmg
    Janbock 220/23 Enforcer - lootz
    Trademeh 220/19 Trader - lootz
    Tiriril 142/16 Keeper - lootz

I'm thinking it's closer to what thom said (btw you suck). Ive found that if I get a mongo in BEFORE an FA or AS after just initiating combant I sustain agro. However if they get those off before I get a mongo in, they usually get agro first and I have to do another 2 or 3 mongos to get agro back. But as opposed with other enforcers (on rk2 that is, and I don't mean the geezers like deng, kwaut and despy), I actually have a couple of other things at my disposal that I actually use. Like my Agg multi and the first perk from the Mutate line (which the name of escapse me atm).
    Tykahndriuss 220/27 Enforcer Crap Equip
    Have you seen my stapler?
    Former Tank Monkey of CCI, DF, HUGE inc., Adrastus II - RK2

Quote Originally Posted by Tykahndriuss
    But as opposed with other enforcers (on rk2 that is, and I don't mean the geezers like deng, kwaut and despy), I actually have a couple of other things at my disposal that I actually use. Like my Agg multi and the first perk from the Mutate line (which the name of escapse me atm).
    well.. i use Aggression Enhancer (Jealousy Augmented), Both Mutate perks, Mongo Crush, Hatebringer, single taunt nano line ;o
    Janbock 220/23 Enforcer - lootz
    Trademeh 220/19 Trader - lootz
    Tiriril 142/16 Keeper - lootz

We did some testing wayyyy back in 2001 to compare Mongo (slam and bash at the time), and we ended up with 1 taunt = 1 damage. Ever since then, I haven't checked if it's been changed, but I doubt it has been . Personally, I would like to adjust these values some, *but* remember, making 1 taunt more worth than 1 damage, you also increase the ammount of taunt from healing and debuffs. Therefore, if you wanted to increase the tauntvalue of mongo or single taunt, it would be better to adjust the items/nanos alone

Dengy doo ^^
    Deng - Enforcer

Currently a bit busy

Damage doesnt seem to be equal to taunt ALL the time. We know damage from nukes taunts more and it seems to me that damage from specials like backstab taunt for way more than the damage dealt.

Many nukes have a built-in taunt, so they often do taunt for more than just their damage And crits seem to have an additional taunt factor above their actual damage (or its always seemed that way to me... no real idea if it really is or not) which might explain backstab/sneak/AS taunting.

I'm pretty sure 1 taunt = 1 damage... what I'm not at all sure of is how the "total taunt/damage" on a MOBs hate list affects aggro.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

I'd like a new mongo, a spec 4 one or something. My "3" key on my keyboard demands it!
    Lungemos
    Kassius
    Feiekost
    Disiplin

Do I have a life, or am I just living?

Seems pretty close to 1:1 to me too, at least when averaged out. For instance when tanking a mob that takes a long time to kill (like LotV) I noticed that I could keep agg from a shade, but barely. On DD the shade had 196k dmg/min, and adding up all my taunt stuff I think I have just a bit more than 200k taunt/min.

About AS/backstab getting more agg, I think it works like this: Dmg is the past taunts less than current damage, as the mob slowly "forgets" about it's old wounds. For instance, even if you mongoed twice 30 seconds ago and are theoretically 20k ahead, a 13k AS can still take aggro away because that 20k you had has decayed to about 10k when the AS hits. So for getting an agg blip, short burts of dmg would be better, but for holding it consistently, sustained taunt/dmg is better.

@ Grey

I'm not sure the decay thing is entirely accurate, and if it is, it's way slow.
    I mean, with the 50k or so taunt on a CH in SL it'd be impossible to keep agg off the doc, if this decay was in effect. You have to build up agg, and hopefully keep winning more ground, in order to be able to keep agg from that CH'ing doc (or agent for that matter). I don't see how that would be possible if your taunt advantage deayed slowly.

Kwaut
    Kwautrawn - Proud wielder of The Edge of The Tarasque. My Gear
    Rambokwaut -Soldier Alt.
    SneakingKwau -Tower Defender.

[Jollzwhin]: you had that one reserved specially for me didnt you
    To [Jollzwhin]: no comment

Maybe I'll test this out on an Ely heck maybe... Like I'll mongo 5 times in a row, and then see if CH right afterwards pulls agg. So I'll find the number n such that n mongos holds agg from CH right afterwards, but n-1 mongos does not. Then I'll try mongoing n times, and just letting the heck try to hit me for 1 minute, and then see if CH holds agg (and if not, how many mongoes are required). Might be possible to get a rough idea of how fast taunt decays with this test.

Anyway you may be right if I can find a low level CHing doc I'll try it out sometime.

Not sure about the decaying thing either... was only commenting today to my doctor friend that i almost like it when we pull adds during an SL mission because by the time we get around to the uncalmed and unattacked add its had a whole bunch of mongos and i can pretty much take break as i'm not going to need to hammer keys.

If they were decaying....?

dont buy the decay thing either. I was powerrlvling my shade on a seperate acct. with my main i would pull 3 hecks and mongo 4 or 5 times. then alt tab to my shade ( not teamed) and kill the 3 hecks. the whole time it takes to kill, the hecks ignore the shade.

i think tount is like .5 real dmg. cuz if it was as if it is 10k dmg it wouldnt be as hard as it is to get argo back
    Blitztrox 220 Ai lvl 30 Enf -Omni-- My Loot 25th 220 Omni Atrox Enf on Rk1!!!