Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guide to the Alien Playfields

Guide to the Alien Playfields

Although there are a lot of people who know everything about the new playfields, there are also many who don't. I've looked everywhere and I could not find an up-to-date guide to the new alien playfields, so i decided to compile what i know. If you see that I'm missing anything, please post here and I'll add it. Thanks.

LOCATION: Whompah to ICC and head northeast through a small tunnel in the wall of the ICC headquarters. Continue through the tunnel into a small valley, and on past that until you reach a large paved square landing pad with Unicorns at each corner. At the far end of the landing pad, there is a Unicorn Landing Beacon. Wait here until a shuttle comes (every 10 minutes). At this time a blue circular portal will appear at the base of the Unicorn Landing Beacon - step in. Once in, head downstairs and across a bridge (or you can run straight ahead and jump off the downramp to arrive immediately at the elevator). Follow the signs by turning left after the bridge, and you will arrive at an elevator. Right-click the elevator controls and you are now in the "staging area" of the playfields. You can talk to the Unicorn here to see how long till the gates open.

GENERAL INFO

Spawn Time: The gates open every 7 hours and they stay open for 10 minutes. So if the gates open at 2:00 PM then they will close at 2:10 PM and open again at 9:10 PM.
    Generic Drops:
    These items drop off of generals and can be turned in to the Omni-Tek Observer or the Clan Liaison by the bar in middle level of the new playfield for either tokens or credits.

THE SECTORS
    There are 3 sectors in the alien playfields, so you have to choose which one you want to raid.

SECTOR 28

Objective: PROTECT THE ROOKIE ALIEN HUNTER
    In this sector, you follow the NPC the rookie alien hunter. You follow him through a series of canyons loaded with groups of aliens. There are also several ambushes along the way. THE ROOKIE MUST STAY ALIVE UNTIL THE END! If the rookie dies, you must go back and get a new one, which is a major time waste because it is basicallyh redoing the whole sector. Also, along the way through the canyon, there are several laser fences blocking the way. Do not run into these, as they will insta-kill you. When you come to these, stay behind the rookie and he will disable them at which time they are safe to pass through.

BOSS: Embalmer Cha'Khaz
    This boss spawns in the middle of the last section of canyon as long as the rookie is still alive (after this it doesn't matter if the rookie dies). Let a single character (the tank) attack the embalmer to build hate, and NO ONE ELSE. The boss will spawn several adds: Support Sentries, Alien Pods, and regular aliens. Kill these immediately, especially the support sentries as they can cast protection/heal nanos on boss. The pods are a real pain too as they "capture" someone inside them, rendering that person unable to do anything until the pod is killed. I recommend having everyone assist a caller on the adds while the tank is building aggro. Once the tank has sufficient aggro (1-1.5 bars of health), everyone should attack the embalmer. Keep in mind that adds spawn throughout the fight so everyone should re-assist the caller frequently to make sure the adds stay to a minimum. It seems that when the embalmer is almost dead he starts to wipe aggro and attack random people--be prepared for this, docs.

BOSS LOOT:
    Kyr'Ozch Helmet ---- Turn this in to the Omni-Tek Observer or the Clan Liaison upstairs by the bar for the 2500 TOKEN BOARD

Inertial Adjustment Processing Unit ---- Makes Hadrulf's Viral Belt Component Platform and it can improve Diamondine Kick Pistols and Murder Mauls of quality lvl 250 or greater (automatically upgrades pistol or maul to ql 300 as well)

Notum Amplification Coil ---- Upgrades the Augmented Hellspinner Shock Cannon, Aquarius's Multitask Helper, or a Kyr'Ozch Carbine (Type 5, 12, or 13) of quality level 250 or greater (automatically upgrades carbine to ql 300 as well)

TIPS:
    1. Stay with the rookie at all times! People get anxious and want to pull aliens from ahead, but this could leave the rookie open to one of the sudden ambushes that occur frequently.
    2. If the rookie's health gets low, the only way to heal him is by putting MP heal pets on him.
    3. Attacking and/or healing the rookie will result in insta-death. DO NOT ATTACK OR HEAL THE ROOKIE. AoEs have been fixed, the only ones that are not allowed are martial artist and fixer area hit special attacks (eg Cluster Bullets).

SECTOR 35

Objective: ASSIST THE UNICORN FIELD ENGINEER
    In this sector, you clear the whole are of the bugs - just run through and kill em all to get maximum AXP. Ignore the ship and the unicorn in the center of the sector for now. Once the sector is cleared, everyone should gather under the ship. Only the mission holder should speak with the Unicorn Field Enginner, at which time 3 towers will spawn around the ship (Don't attack or heal these towers as the result is insta-death). **If these towers die then the generals wont come**. Waves of bugs will come in at staggered times from every direction, successfully kill them and keep the towers alive. After the waves, the generals come.

BOSSES: Field Marshal Cha'Khaz and Field Support Cha'Khaz
    Both of these generals come at the SAME TIME (recommended 2 tanks, one per general). Let tanks build aggro then attack the support general first. Do this because while the support general is alive, the field marshal will have a huge reflect shield and you will be hitting him for about 40-80 dmg. Once support is gone, kill the field marshal. These bosses spawn NO ADDS so don't worry about those. These bosses also do not wipe aggro.

BOSS LOOT:

Energy Redistribution Unit ---- Makes Blades of Boltar, uprgrades Vektor ND shotguns, and creates De'Valos Lava Protection Ring

Visible Light Remodulation Device ---- Makes De'Valos Radiation Protection Ring, upgrades salabim shotgun, and upgrades concrete cushions to Explosif's Polychromatic Pillows

Kyr'Ozch Helmet ---- Turn this in to the Omni-Tek Observer or the Clan Liaison upstairs by the bar for the 2500 TOKEN BOARD

TIPS:
    1. Do NOT HEAL OR ATTACK THE TOWERS as the result is insta-death. The only AoEs NOT allowed are martial artist and fixer area hit special attacks (eg Cluster Bullets).
    Last edited by Turk021; May 19th, 2005 at 15:54:37.
    Turk021 218/Backer Martial Artist eqp
    Docktard 209/Able Doctor
    Turk007 204/Student Agent
    Illstabyou 187/Amateur Shade

Visit my Alien Playfield Guide

SECTOR 13

Objective: ASSIST THE UNICORNS IN PREVENTING THE BUGS FROM MAKING A BASE
    In this sector, proceed along throught the canyon and kill all the bugs (There are several ambushes along the way). The canyon will eventually open into a wide crater with regular aliens in the center and a group of Supports and Sentries on the far side. Kill the regular bugs, and have one person pull the Support aliens from the far side. DO NOT attack the Sentries as they have a massive reflect shield while the Supports are alive. The mission-holder should now proceed to talk to the Unicorn Commander on top of the hill surrounding the crater (He can be found by running back throught the canyon towards the entrance until you reach a tree with large roots. At this time use the roots to jump onto a cliff edge on the right side of the canyon. Follow this cliff until it ends and you will find the Unicorn Commander). This will call down a large ship into the center of the crater, and a bunch of Unicorn Troopers will storm out towards the Sentries and attack them. Do not attack the Sentries until their shield has run out (should be shortly after Supports are killed). Once they are all dead, click on the Biological Transceiver to recieve a nano cast in ur NCU (needs 10 free ncu). Up ahead past the crater is another laser fence. **You can only pass through as long as the protection nano (shows up yellow in your NCU) is running on you** Failure to have the protection nano on you while running throught the fence results in insta-death. The boss now awaits.

BOSS: Master Genesplicer Cha'Khaz
    As with all the generals, let a tank build aggro before everyone attacks. This boss also spawns many adds so I recommend having an add-caller that everyone frequently assists to keep adds to a minimum. Adds spawned include support aliens, regular aliens, and alien vectors. These vectors, if not killed quickly, spawn large amounts of alien larvae. Whole raids can and have been wiped due to not killing vectors quickly enough. This boss seems to wipe aggro once he is nearing death.

BOSS LOOT:

Action Probability Estimator --- Upgrades Molybdenum helmets, Knight helmets, or Combined Headwear of quality level 250 or greater

Dynamic Gas Redistribution Valves ---- Upgrades an Excellent Sleek Cannon, the Lord of Angst, or Kyr'Ozch Rifles (Type 2 or 3) of quality level 250 or greater

Tips:
    1. Do not heal or attack the Unicorn Troopers. AoEs that are NOT allowed are martial artist and fixer area hit special attacks (eg Cluster Bullets)
    2. Stay off the rock in the center of the crater.
    3. Don't run through the laser fence if you don't have the protection nano in your NCU.
    Last edited by Turk021; May 19th, 2005 at 15:56:24.
    Docktard 209/Able Doctor

Tradeskilling the Loot

Energy Redistribution Unit

Visible Light Remodulation Device
    Combine with ql 10+ Concrete Cushion to make Explosif's Polychromatic Pillows

Combine with Pen Glasses to make De'Valos Radiation Protection Ring

Combine with a ql 250+ Viral Targeting Subunit. Then combine the device with a ql 250+ Salabim Shotgun to finally make a Scoped Salabim Shotgun Supremo

Dynamic Gas Redistribution Valves
    Combine with a Lord of Angst to make a High Lord of Angst

Combine with a ql 250+ Kyr'Ozch Rifle - Type 2 to make a Silenced Kyr'Ozch Rifle - Type 2

Combine with a ql 250+ Kyr'Ozch Rifle - Type 3
    to make a Silenced Kyr'Ozch Rifle - Type 3

Combine with an Excellent Sleek Cannon to make a Amplified Sleek Cannon

Action Probability Estimator

Notum Amplification Coil

Inertial Adjustment Processing Unit
    Makes Hadrulf's Viral Belt Component Platform:
    Inertial Adjustment Processing Unit+Viral Data Storage=Disassembled Belt with Memory

Disassembled Belt with Memory+Overheated Compiler=Disassembled Belt with Memory and Compiler

Disassembled Belt with Memory and Compiler+Cannister of Powder=Hadrulf's Viral Belt Component Platform

Note that Viral Data Storages, Overheated Compilers, and Cannisters of Powder are common drops off of city Generals; and they may be any ql from 200-300 to be of use in this process.

Combining with a ql 250+ Diamondine Kick Pistol or Murder Maul removes the "Atrox only" equipping requirement.

Hacker ICE-Breaker Source
    Combine with a Nano Programming Interface (reqs 1000 NP) to make a Intrusion Countermeasure Electronics Upgrade (100% CRU)

If you notice anything missing, any errors, or something incorrect, please either PM me or post here and I'll fix it
    Last edited by Turk021; Jul 23rd, 2005 at 17:23:42.
    Docktard 209/Able Doctor

saweet guide.

nuff said
    Last edited by Grafter; Feb 9th, 2006 at 02:04:24.
    RK1
    "Send Pics Plz". Meta-Wha? Noodz plz. 83/8.
    "Eye Makeshiz Foryou". Pimpin' Eng Of Doom. he's the SHIZ. 174/18.
    "Jack Grafter Torrence". I Like To Boom Boom Booooom. 220/zomg. AI30! .

RK2
    "Perk Grafter Reset". 216/22. RK2's Retired Bukkake Doc. idle since 2007.
    "Perk Graftor Reset". 142/15. RK2's Retired Pvp Doc idle since 2006

stikcy this!

woudl someone sticky this please?

Awnsered a lot of questions about the why's about the commands i've been following on raids

Cheetarr! Rk1

Guru.. legend to guru seems like a demotion :/

Sticky plx.
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist

Cool

Very nice Turk021, Great job!

/wink
    Last edited by Japella; May 19th, 2005 at 05:43:26.
    JapellaZ
    Bureaucrat

'If you think you finally found the perfect light... i hope it's true' -Belly

Good guide. You seem to have most of it figured out..but not ALL of it :P

With recent patches you are now able to use common AOEs around the Rookie, The Unicorn Service Towers and the Unicorns. IF you experience anything else please let us know what it was you did as it is our intention that all AOEs should be useable in these situations.

The only AOEs that are NOT safe are MA and Fixer area hit special attacks. (eg. Cluster Bullets.) If you target one of these NPCs and nuke/hit it don't expect any mercy.

Good guide.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

updated the information about AoEs around the NPCs in the playfields. tnx means
    Docktard 209/Able Doctor

added complete guide on making Hadrulf's belt
    Docktard 209/Able Doctor

O_O awesome job, im still gonna ask you in game all the time tho
    SilentSlash 220 Solitus Shade
    SilentSlashy 220 Atrox Shade
    Rarara 220 Solitus Crat
    Kinkypron 220 Solitus cyb0rEngi
    Nerfuuu 220 Atrox TS-Trader
    also FT. taxslash 200 crat / darkblu 150 fixer / freetrial 101 - fgrid biattch

I'm Back... again ^_^!

Wow great guide Turk, to this point i didn't even know this existed ((yes i'm a n00b to AI, finally can afford it now :-p ))

However quick question, do these missions follow the same mob leveling rules as city raids ((i.e. level of the enemy is calc from the average level of the team)) ??

I'd love to get my Keeper some AXP without having to only do City Raids (its nice to have something more with an actual task to accomplish, rather than just hack way)

Quote Originally Posted by SirNegs
    Wow great guide Turk, to this point i didn't even know this existed ((yes i'm a n00b to AI, finally can afford it now :-p ))

However quick question, do these missions follow the same mob leveling rules as city raids ((i.e. level of the enemy is calc from the average level of the team)) ??

I'd love to get my Keeper some AXP without having to only do City Raids (its nice to have something more with an actual task to accomplish, rather than just hack way)
    good question, i forgot to add that in the guide. The alien playfields are for lvl 190+ people only as the aliens are a set level no matter what lvl players go there. Im not sure on the exact lvl but it varies from around ql 200-260ish i think.
    Docktard 209/Able Doctor

in the playfeild's most avg mobs are lvl 250...the new"ambush"waves in sector 13 seem to match the raid group player for alien 1:1
    1 mob same lvl+10 for every person in the feild...(don't stay back and loot ...they studied our wild life and pick off the afk and greedy first) as most people are rushing forward to get more kills...the guys that stay back to loot get 30-50 aliens rolling over them on the way to the main battlegroup
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

Nice Guide, thanks for the info

Ok stupid question time:

How do you know when the playfields will be open? Is there a channel or bot command to use that monitors the time remaining til the gates open?

Do all the playfields open at the same time or are they staggered?

How does one pick up a team? is it (again) a certain channel to watch or part of the new LFT window, or is it just whoever shows up and teams coalesce from there?

I am also neutral: does that impact which playfields are open to me?

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by oeren
    Nice Guide, thanks for the info

Ok stupid question time:

How do you know when the playfields will be open? Is there a channel or bot command to use that monitors the time remaining til the gates open?

Do all the playfields open at the same time or are they staggered?

How does one pick up a team? is it (again) a certain channel to watch or part of the new LFT window, or is it just whoever shows up and teams coalesce from there?

I am also neutral: does that impact which playfields are open to me?

thanks in advance
    In answer to your questions,

You can check the time when the playfields will open by talking to the Unicorn Gate Commander located on the lower level (after you use the elevator) as stated within the guide. And, yes, there are some bots that run raids within the playfields. I know the omnis and the clans each have one, im not sure about the neutrals (although some neutrals are allowed on clan/omni bots - this all depends on the bot admins' decision to let neuts participate).

The playfields all open at the same time, so you must choose one to do at each opening as you cannot make all 3.

Most likely you will get a team if you are within one of the omni/clan/ neut? raid bots that raid the playfields.

The playfields are open to omnis/clans/neuts alike.
    Docktard 209/Able Doctor

Ai Ai.. great guide. Next time I am there I won't feel as much the confused clown.

The items drop off of generals and can be turned in to the Omni-Tek Observer or the Clan Liaison by the bar in middle level of the new playfield for either tokens or credits...

Are we talking token amount of credits here, so real tokens are a better deal (unless uou have the top board of course)?
    Mules are animals too...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast