Thread: Symbiant setup

Symbiant setup

Hi.

SL has been here for 20 months now, but I don't remember ever seeing a good thread about end-game symbiants. I'm just done with twinking on my symbiants at level 220, so here's my list.

A small note: Yes, traders can equip QL 300 symbiants, but only in R-wrist and left-wrist and left-hand slots. You don't even need Burden or Gemini for R-wrist, but it's 40+ perks that you have to have. You also need 2x of the 3972 Chapman pistols with +25 treatment each. 290 is equipable in most slots and 280 head is possible, but you should have burden + blue belt of Maar for 280 head. The hardest slot to equip a high QL symbiant in, is chest. (atleast for Opifex.). loosing the Stamina buf when equipping hurts alot.

All my choises can be found in my signature. Just note that Eye is wrong since Auno hasn't added Extermination Eye to the list.

Head
    Control if you do tradeskills or are using Chemical Blindness, else whatever Control or Support you can get your hands on. Artillery got RangedInit, but it's not worth loosing all the abilities + NanoCInit and NanoResist for that.

Ocular/eye
    Probably the hardest choise of them all. Artillery got AimedShot, but you loose tradeskills(Chemistry) and important abilities stuff. Control got the abilities and everything else you need except that very Important Aimed Shot (if you pvp) Extermination Ocular is also a very good alternative but you'll loose out on nanoskill.

I ended up with a QL 240 Extermination Ocular.

Ear
    The only option to Control Ear is the Support Ear. Artillery is junk. Until level 220, most people prefer a Ql200 Implant with 7% XP.

Right arm
    Artillery all the way. The only problem is lack of burst. Since getting higher QL than 220 is extremly hard, hotswapping with ql250+ burst implant for equipping Burst weapons is very easy. Control+ Support got AddAllDef, but I don't think loosing shiny shotgun is worth the extra defence.

Chest
    SMG users want to use Artillery. As pure shotgun user, I went for Control symbiant. HP/Bodydev+ abilities = Teh Win.

Left arm
    Close between Control and Support. Install the control if you have a choise, but use the highest QL of any of those two you have.

Right Wrist
    Artillery is the only viable option here. Pure shotgun users might think about control, but loosing 130 RangedInit is bad both in Solo and PvP.

Waist
    Another hard chose between artillery and control. Control got better defensive values, but lack the Shotgun buf that artillery has. I landed on Control because of bodydev, NanoCost, Nanopool and sense.

Left wrist
    Everything is junk. Install an Implant with NR, Runspeed and AddDam.

Right hand
    Artillery here too, as everything on right-hand side of the body. You'll miss some faded tradeskills but gain every weaponskill you need.

Thigh/legs
    Again, control got all the defensive stuff. It also got all the abilities for nice trickle-down and a nice healdelta. Artillery is not a bad option if you can't get hold on control. Support lacks the defensive stuff, stay away.

left hand
    I started out with Artillery, but I now think Control and Support is better with NanoRange and Interruptmodifier. The only difference between Control and Support is the AC. Get the highest in any of those two. Those into RangedEnergy should stay with Artillery

Feet
    Control is the only one that got all the defensive bufs and abilities and it got heal/nanodelta. Artillery is very disappointing in this location since it lacks AddAllDef. Support is junk
    Proud veteran of Tranquility(Atlantean)

Afelia - Opifex trader : PvM armour
    Adv: Armour -Trox Melee Adventurer by heart.

SWG doesn't have leets... there's no competition -Cold
    We will not be able to hit the barn from the inside! - Spluggzter
    Hmmmm, I am still too gimped to live - Baxie

myself i dont think anything over 260 symbs has any point for a trader, the difference in skills sure isnt gonna help us out much. but i mean if thats what u guys wanna do then go for it.

atm im getting together my 250 control thigh feet and left arm and i will be putting them all in then my symbs will be finished.

i use a 215 extermination unit occular enhancement, but im not sure its the way to go just yet

sell

I have in a ql 240ish extermintor occular, and love it. The shotgun is great for getting that supremo on, and 3% crit in an eye symb is more than worth the nano skills I lost. It was a total pain to put on at lvl 218, would have been a lot easier with the burden, red belt etc. (Being opi the strength was the only thing making me cry.)

I will say, if you are doing a final set up, it will need to be your last on on, most likely. Trying to put on high end symbs with no treatment in your eye can only hurt.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Check my sig for my setup when I left AO. Pretty much what u said Afelia. The QL's 250+ really does'nt matter that much if u dont wanna spend 50+ days resetting perks.

wtf this isnt the WoW forums /me slaps myself
    Last edited by Zyphoria; May 19th, 2005 at 01:52:34.
    Level 220/26 - Trader : Zyphoria - Equip
    Level 219/18 - Keeper : Zypho - Equip
    Ragnarok - RK1 Atlantean

...Forever shall the trader in me desire the baby in you...

Playing a high level Trader makes Abu Ghraib look like a luxory spa and resort!

The reason I'm so worried about loosing nanoskill when using Extermiation ocular is PvP. For PvM/Solo, it's not that big an issue. For PvP however, you need to land those roots and drains. and loosing 50-80 nanoskills matters some.

I've covered the loss by using ql 290 Nano Controller Unit and ql 300 Communication Relay.
    Proud veteran of Tranquility(Atlantean)

Afelia - Opifex trader : PvM armour
    Adv: Armour -Trox Melee Adventurer by heart.

SWG doesn't have leets... there's no competition -Cold
    We will not be able to hit the barn from the inside! - Spluggzter
    Hmmmm, I am still too gimped to live - Baxie

I'm lost ....
    can some1 explain me how u can like traders use
    Effective Ocular Symbiant, Extermination Unit Aban ql240 ???
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=235845

there is not proffesion TRADER

I thought that we can use control, support, artilery.

ty

Afelia is talking about a Exterminator Occular Enhancement

It's a drop from AI bosses... ql 1-300.
    Banishedsoul 220 Trader on RK2 - [eqp] Proud General of Disciples of Omni-Tek
    Thordek 60 Soldier on RK2 - Twink in Training Visit us at www.disciplesot.org
    Naull 100 Doctor on RK2 - Going for 125 for CH whoring. After that who knows..
    My type is a SAE
    Socializer 86% / Achiever 46% / Explorer 46% / Killer 20%

The thing that makes it nice is all the +skills for ranged skills and specials. That, and the beautiful +crit, not something you find in symbiants that often! You do of course lose out on nano skills from a normal eye symbiant, so its a bit of a Devil's Bargain.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

I could never get the Sense high enough for a good Exterm occular so i stick with control in eye for now but will change over to an artillery in the near future, for the same reason you can make up the difference in nano skills with a good nano controller unit

must.... get... AS... higher... I just love my old gimpy pvp shotgun
    PuXX(220/24): an all around good for nothing trader.

It doesn't really matter what ql symb you have equiped after ql 250+. Differences are minute, but work involved is imense. I lost over 60 days trying to put in ql 280 brain....and failed becouse missing 8 points in treatment.

It doesn't matter that much if you have burden or blue belt, but more what breed you are. And of course, what are you after. But I doubt any trader could choose only one type of symbiants and stick with it. There will always be some other type in betwen for balancing.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

agreed afel, i dont like the fact of loosing the skills for pvp, and not being able to use the nnao controller things. unless i wanna gimp myself of course, is kinda a pain.

but it works out in the end i guess, if i get a ci im back on track

sell