Thread: Help!! Game just closing

Help!! Game just closing

Every now and then when I'm playing the game just shuts down, no log out no nothing just *poof*. I have tried to force the problem to happen but I can't find anything. I have tried updating graphicsboad drivers but no change... Im on a AMD Athlon 64 3800+, with 2Gb RAM, ATI radeon x850 256mb

Plz help it's really annoying
    Proud member of .:Nordic Alliance:.
    Centrine 209/11 Solitus Meta-Physicist (Equip)
    Sansao 205/7 Nanomage Engineer (Equip)

do you happen to be playing your shade at the time?
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

same problem here

My System:
    Windows XP SP2
    ATI X850
    AMD 64
    Catalyst 5.5 or 5.3 tried both

The strange think is it only appers in sl not on RK.

Is there any solution ?

Mfg Namira

That happen sometime, of unknown reason, can be server, or client, or some computer problem.
    -Have you who got problem changed the computer, and got problem after it, any upgrades?
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Member of Angels of the night, Rimor

Looks like i found the Problem.

The Catalyst Driver. Installed Version 5.1 (5.5 is the newest Version) yesterday since then no more crashes.

mfg Namira

Gonna test installing the 5.1 driver, hope it works...
    Proud member of .:Nordic Alliance:.
    Centrine 209/11 Solitus Meta-Physicist (Equip)
    Sansao 205/7 Nanomage Engineer (Equip)

Quote Originally Posted by Wobble
    do you happen to be playing your shade at the time?
    its funny you should point that out as ive been noticing alot of crashing while playing shade yet it doesnt occur while on my MA or Adv, I had thought it was a problem with my system i tried reinstalling drivers directx defrag virus scans the whole shibang and come up empty but since reading this post it suddenly occured to me i had only experienced this crashing while on my shade, i'm not sure if there validity to this but nothing on my system had changed and the game ran smooth as silk until 15.9 when the crashing started and since yesterdays downtime it has got significantly worse ..... interesting

EDIT: i was talking to friend who has been playing a keeper alot as of late and he hadnt come up against any problems with crashing but recently he started back on his shade and had started to experience crashing problems too could just be a wild co incidence.
    Last edited by Nightmourne; May 26th, 2005 at 13:47:18.
    Nightmourne - Shade RK2 - Gear - Current Setup
    Angelus - Adv RK2
    Shadowmourne - MA RK2