Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Announcing a program to read in your character data and write it to a file

Announcing a program to read in your character data and write it to a file

Hi everyone - I have created a program called Character Profiler that will read in a "snapshot" of your character and write this information to files.

The program reads in -

Attributes (like Strength and Intelligence)
    Skills (like Pistol, Computer Literacy, Aimed Shot, etc)
    Equipped items (like armor, symbiants/implants, NCU components)

As well as odds and ends like level and tokens.

The program creates three files -

An HTML file listing the various statistics as well as hypertext links to your equipment (here's an example).

An XML file recording these values.

A "EMU3" format file compatible with Nillian's Skill Emulator (found here) suitable for loading in as a saved file. This means you can run the program and then load your own character's data into the skill emulator.

If the program name sounds familiar, it's because Character Profiler has been around for a while as a minor addition to AOIS. Since I finally have it doing what I want it to do, I spun it off into its own project.

Character Profiler (version 1.0.2 as of this writing) is still in the "beta" state, meaning that it is still under development. I know there are more things I'd like to do with it (still getting perks worked out), but I'd appreciate folks giving the program a try and letting me know how it worked out for them. I'd also appreciate tips on the XML format from folks who know more about that, since XML is not a familiar subject to me. The XML files worked fine in a validator but I'd appreciate input from people better versed in XML than me.

The program can be found here. As always, I must state that just like ClickSaver you use this program at your own risk; as a "third-party" program, FC will not be able to help you with the program should problems arise.

Enjoy the program and I look forward to thoughts, comments and feedback.
    Last edited by Covenant; Jun 9th, 2005 at 05:56:00.
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

One word; Awesome
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

two words: totally awesome!
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.

Three words: Totally freakin' awesome.
    Revelator: There is no FC love that will fix gimpness of the mind

Warning! If you ever see my use "lol" in any of my posts, I'm not serious!

Exclamation

one symbol: !
    Defectorid Enf 220/25 - RK1 setup

Missdefy Doc 216/13 - RK1 setup

join us

Awesome! Just tested it and it simply works. Just awesome.

At work atm, so I cannot testrun it. I was definitely looking for this kind of utility to help me sort out my half forgotten main Thank you (what do they say?....ah yes, awesome!

A question though, in your example there are skills at 5 (all melee for example). Surely this cannot be so at lvl 154 due to the trickle. I must be missing something vital.

yay.. awesome.. keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by Duilin
    A question though, in your example there are skills at 5 (all melee for example). Surely this cannot be so at lvl 154 due to the trickle. I must be missing something vital.
    yup.. must be sumtin missig here
    Last edited by shady; Jun 9th, 2005 at 11:35:29.

About Time! I have been waiting for a util like this since I started. We should add this to the newbie forum to help them keep an eye on thier stats as the level...

GREAT JOB!
    Dave

Excellent tool, as always

The trickle-down effect would be nice, thats' all.

Great job.
    http://www.tirschool.com/ (Engineer and Tradeskills)
    http://www.halorn.com/ (ClickSaver & other useful Tools)
    http://www.auno.org (DataBase, with comments from users)
    http://www.aodb.info (DataBase, without comments from users)
    http://arpa3.net/ao/nanos.html (All DImensions' Market Watch)
    http://www.anarchyarcanum.com (Awesome site for Quests & TradeSkills !)

Thank you for all the kind words and emails; I'm pleased that the program is receiving such a popular reception!

Quote Originally Posted by Duilin
    The numbers posted in the example are simply "raw" numbers. These are the values taken from the character before any factors are calculated (such as implants, perks, or trickledown).

When a character is created, most of your skills start out at 5. Since I never put any IP into my 1-handed blunt or sneak attack, those skills never got higher than the 5 I started with. Since I did put IP into my Pistol skill it did go up - though my in-game skill is much higher than 210 due to implants, perks, trickledown, and so on.
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

Thanks a lot, this is a great program. And concerning the raw data, I like it. The skill emulator for example requires exactly those data and it is a pain to find them manually.

Another great piece of work, Vor! Thanks.
    Teljanin Doctor (Gear)(Perks) - General of Obsidian Order
    Quiverdance Trader (Gear)(Perks)
    Dollashort Fixer (Perks)
    + several others spread across three accounts....

Woefallen's Guide To Teaming With A Doc

Impressive....very good job>
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

One little, very little, nay, tiny criticism... why didn't you post a note in the AOIS thread?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwu
    One little, very little, nay, tiny criticism... why didn't you post a note in the AOIS thread?
    Heh heh, because I have a pathological fear that if I bump my own threads then they'll get deleted!

I have plans for AOIS too. You'll notice that Character Profiler uses a new database format (MDB) which is much faster and (internally) much more flexible than what AOIS currently uses - but I'm refitting AOIS to use the same database and offer an XML format for results as well.

Meantime, I'm very interested to hear how Character Profiler is treating people. Any glitches or problems? Any thoughts on what you'd like to see in future versions? As mentioned before it' still in development, and I'd enjoy hearing what people would like to see in the program.

Impressive but unless you have stats from perks, implants and trickledown, then it's kinda the opposite of aodb profiles where it only shows items, implants, perks stats etc. Either facility is quite cool but not completely accurate.

Your program in the end would be better if you could include things like trickledown, which follow a specific calculation and thus should be fairly easy to implement, as you have the skills and stats from the character included.

Sometime in the future I also see some more pretty presentation for the report including aodb/auno style icons for items etc

does it get the hidden stats like nano delta and heal delta?
    Numbfreeze, 208 NT Numbfreeze's Stuff (auno) Numbfreeze's Stuff (aodb)

Quote Originally Posted by fc_ProXimA
    I've only tested this with the server in the next room at a 100mbit connection, wihtout anybody else on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Malosar
    Impressive but unless you have stats from perks, implants and trickledown, then it's kinda the opposite of aodb profiles where it only shows items, implants, perks stats etc. Either facility is quite cool but not completely accurate.

Your program in the end would be better if you could include things like trickledown, which follow a specific calculation and thus should be fairly easy to implement, as you have the skills and stats from the character included.

Sometime in the future I also see some more pretty presentation for the report including aodb/auno style icons for items etc
    I absolutely agree. My first goal was to see if the program worked for more than just my testing environment - and it sure looks like it has.

This is my "To Do" list -

Include perks
    Include city benefits
    Include tower benefits
    Create emulator-friendly files with those values saved into them

The last part is extremely important. While I can create a database with the names and benefits of each item, that would ideally be better handled by an emulator - and since the eventual result is meant to be loaded into an emulator, I figure it'd be a better design to let the emulator do the actual matching of items and benefits. Could I make the program do it as well? A definite "maybe" at this point. I won't rule it out yet.

Adding in trickledown has been suggested a lot, and you're correct that it'd be fairly simple to implement. I'll get on it.

As for nano delta and health delta - the awkward truth is, I really don't know. I need a base value (unchanged by anything except IP spent) to determine that, and then trace down that opcode. I do know where some of the "hidden" values are like ReflectFireAC but since they have base values of zero it's not much help.

Radical!

++++
    Klompe: Adventurer Meele!

WickedPickle, None of that Jackie Chan bollocks

Equip

Stompe - The ultimate enf. This time everything will be right

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast