Page 1 of 16 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: light radius problem

light radius problem

ah yes light radius, we all have some, we all like it, it helps a lot in those dark places. anyways to my point, now when AO first started there weren't many light radius items, there was floating torch and night vis goggles, not a bad idea for starting up. but has anyone taken notice to the light radius of the floating torch? well im sure you haven't because there is none. well there is but it is so minute that you might as well not even have one. i am beginning to wodner if its a gag item.

moving along now we have those night vision goggles, ive used em have you? yes they are quite nifty for when you go into a dungeon or a mission very useful in that way only. but yet if you bring your goggles outside into the playfield you retinas are surely burned thus you have to remove the goggles over and over again, a tedious task for most and a waste of an inventory slot. but seeing in the dark with these is quite good. onto the next item and probably the best one yet.

the light bar, best idea ever i must say. its perfect in everyway, goes on your hud (not many things go on there anyways until you get higher up) and the light radius is enormous, able to fill an entire mission mob room as well as your surroundings when it is night time in a city. on a grade scale the light bar gets an A+ for light. but it has one huge drawback, it is nodrop and can only be found on newb island. thus making this item not available to everyone like the torch and night vision goggles. when i returned to AO i saw a different world and was totally unaware of the items within newb island, let alone the new ones. so i missed out on the light bar. but dont let my own personal mistake cloud your judgement to the point where you are thinking that i want something that i cant have, no no no.

the light bar is essential to all characters, classes, and factions. the light bar is the means to an end to light torches and night vision goggles i must say. but this item, tremendously useful to everyone, can only be utilized by those who already know of it already or decide to talk to the doctor on newb island.

ok if you have gotten this far from my elaborate details etc etc i am going to be serious. the torches are an outdated item to the original AO as well as the night vision goggles. with newb island implemented there is the possibility, to getting a new light radius source but well some just dont know of everything in the whole AO world.

so here is my suggestion at last, since the floating torch barely gives any light radius to begin with why not increase the light radius on the item to the point where it is noticeable. however, not to the point where it is equal or more powerful to the light bar, but to the point where it is noticeable and far different then how it is now. OR, make light bars a droppable or shop buyable item. there is not much to say about night vision goggles for they are more of a hassle then anything, it is better to have something automatic and quick. any other suggestions to this thread are mroe then welcome, and do bump if you think its a good idea.

Bump for this!

I think it should be rollable but rare, like Keelar shades. Something cool like this should require a little work to get
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Neista
    I think it should be rollable but rare, like Keelar shades. Something cool like this should require a little work to get
    If FC reads this they they'll probably put it on an insanely hard mob, or an extremely camped one.

"Bambam just used 45 Tara-points to loot a light bar!" :O
    *BAM*

Definate bump. I accidentally erased my original light bar and am stuck with the sucky Floating Torch. I want my bar back.. or at least a very much increased light radius for the torch.
    -Oroxus ~213 Supreme Creator Engineer, General of Lost Souls of Rimor.
    Evari r0x it hardcore.
    Terraxus
    - Keeper
    Roxxxytrades
    - Trader

bump for the DROPABLE Light Bar
    ~~ Veteran Mad Nuker of Komodo ~~ Join us Today ~~
    ~~ LVL 150-215 Arul Saba Factory ~~

220 NT Wizardelo (equip) Nano-Technician Nanomage Reborn Mad Nuker
    220 ENG Heresy (equip) Solitus Engineer... TS hoe
    216 ENF Wizarmadiloo (equip) Trox Enforcer ...lazy meatshield
    211 KPR Imoortal (equip) twinking....
    185 TRD Ciupakapra - work'in'progress

That would indeed be a very nice thing.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

bump so more people can get a read for this

Ao is ever dark?
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Bump!

I have seen the light!!! Everyone should have the right as well!

Bump for the light!

Just want to chime in before someone says ... "oh keepers and shades get the smart backpack" ... that because its a backslot item, as a lightsource one would never equip it sacraficing their back item generally

i have also heard people say, "well just turn up the brightness on your monitor." not a bad idea and i have done it with other games myself but with those other games they dont have items that make it possible to increase you're light radius without messing with your monitor or the setting of the game. plus there are light items in AO so why not build off of what you have and span the range in which this item is used, for the disadvantaged, the computer illiterate, and the totally uber newb (of AO).

I wouldn't mind if they put the light bar in the Veteran Rewards Shop and charged 2-5 points for it. I'd gladly pay up 5 points for the Light Bar!
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

uh, I'd rather they increase the light for the floating torch...
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

Yup, If LE is saying we have giant orbitting space stations, battle mechs etc. And we already have enormous guns, yalms, The grid, then why oh why oh why haven't we devised a way to light an area larger than a small matchbox!!! c'mon FC, this isn't Conan, WTB lights, in any form!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

bump for myself, glad people are catching on.

bump!
    Between the Candle and the Darkness

Red face

deleted mine....bump for some en-light-ment
    /afk
    ^¿^
    Zhakkari 219/16 Doc...not fun to play
    Cyappu Retired 201/7 Fix

This is a very important issue, needs attention urgently

Page 1 of 16 12345678910111213141516 LastLast