Thread: -- NT Suggestion --

-- NT Suggestion --

Would it be possible to change the requirements on the WARP and FOLDs so that it's not "side = clan" but rather "side !=omni" this way Neutrals can warp wherever, and Clanner, and Omni can warp to neutral territory.

Just a suggestion.. (and remove any restriction on the warps to neutral territory)
    Better to die on your feet. Than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistel
    Would it be possible to change the requirements on the WARP and FOLDs so that it's not "side = clan" but rather "side !=omni" this way Neutrals can warp wherever, and Clanner, and Omni can warp to neutral territory.

Just a suggestion.. (and remove any restriction on the warps to neutral territory)
    Bump for this, since the neutral team warps are mostly useless even for neutrals. (1 sided player in the team and we can't go anywhere)

i second that
    OMG I just got 14 Crits in a row!
    Wait a mo' I forgot im an NT o_0
    -----------------------------------------
    Bio of Doublezer0

gotta agree
    U have to enjoy the fight to be really good.
    Devil Artemisv Hellcaster (retired)
    Warconfig
    usual PVMConfig
    Nosferatu Erinyes Alucard
    Devil Zyankali Advocate
    Yamaeda: Three Cyberdecks for the Opifex-kings under the sky, Seven for the Atrox-lords in their halls of notum, Nine for Nanomage doomed to die, One for the Dark Lady on her dark throne In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live. One Cyberdeck to rule them all, One Deck to find them, One Deck to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live.

"GM Santaki: If you are worried about being banned you should email support and explain that you are not involved in any exploiting. "

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros
    Bump for this, since the neutral team warps are mostly useless even for neutrals. (1 sided player in the team and we can't go anywhere)
    Not true... you all go somewhere, they go "wtf? where u go?"

Still, I agree, would be very nice
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane
    Not true... you all go somewhere, they go "wtf? where u go?"

Still, I agree, would be very nice
    Obviously, you've never tested this. For the neutral team warp nanos, it's exactly as I said.

If I am on a team of 5 neutrals and 1 sided, the whole team (including me) goes nowhere.

I say "WTF do they mean, team side isn't neutral?"

WTB a test server where people actually test things. And occasionally reading threads where we point out problems and suggest fixes would also help.
    Last edited by Keldros; Sep 16th, 2005 at 16:40:36.

Agreed.

For one thing I'm sick of having to kick a couple of team members and tell them they have to walk home because they aren't neutral, I understand it for the warps to sided cities as nobody wants to team with a NT and get deliberately warped to an opposing city and ganked (Although there has yet to be a fix for engis doing this).

However, making the sided warps from =omni to !=clan and =clan to !=omni would be very helpful, allowing neutrals to make use of all the warps available (Though common sense should dictate not to use the Tir one unless you know what you're doing)

It requires one simple change that wouldn't take a developer the time it takes for the kettle to boil for his next cup of coffee.
    It doesn't even require looking at from a game balance perspective, as neutrals can already travel to these cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Idoru
    I understand it for the warps to sided cities as nobody wants to team with a NT and get deliberately warped to an opposing city and ganked (Although there has yet to be a fix for engis doing this).
    The problem is, the sided warps and neutral warps aren't even comparable.

Suppose you have a team with 3 sided and 3 neuts, with both a sided NT and a neutral NT.

Currently, the sided NT can execute his warp nano and teleport half the team to a safe city. The neutral NT can't even execute the nano due to the "team side = neutral" requirement, so the neutral half of the team isn't going anywhere.

The only situation in which a neutral team warp can be used is when all 6 team members are neutral, otherwise no one's going anywhere.

So much for the idea of neutrals having an "ease of transportation" advantage to compensate for lack of tier 3 and side-restricted weapons.

edit:
    It just grates on my nerves to have someone from the "Council of testers" try to argue that I'm wrong without, you know, testing to see if he's actually right first. It's even worse considering it's been posted in the NT forums more than once, starting over a year ago...

And Silirrion, if you're reading this...
    The next time you think it's a rhetorical question when you ask me if I think the devs aren't testing their work,

Read this, then this, and finally, scroll back to the top of the thread you are reading now. Note the dates on each one, and explain exactly what issues have prevented the devs from fixing this issue.
    Last edited by Keldros; Sep 16th, 2005 at 18:07:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros
    Obviously, you've never tested this. For the neutral team warp nanos, it's exactly as I said.

If I am on a team of 5 neutrals and 1 sided, the whole team (including me) goes nowhere.

I say "WTF do they mean, team side isn't neutral?"

WTB a test server where people actually test things. And occasionally reading threads where we point out problems and suggest fixes would also help.
    No need to be rude. I'll admit, since the first time it happened (which was a few years ago) I've not even suggested trying it, I've just left the team and got home under my own steam. But that is quite definitely how it did behave...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

No need to be rude. I'll admit, since the first time it happened (which was a few years ago) I've not even suggested trying it, I've just left the team and got home under my own steam. But that is quite definitely how it did behave...
    It was broken about 2 years ago because sided people weren't getting tokens when teamed with neutrals. Yes, that needed to be fixed, but it seems pretty stupid to change the way team alignment works on the live servers without examining the nanos it affects. Maybe that would make sense if we were talking about hundreds of nanos, but we're talking about what? Clan tokens + Omni tokens + RK team warps ( 12 total) + SL warps for MPs (that's what? 2 per playfield? 16 total), giving a total of 30 things to test, and each one either passes or fails on the first attempt.

Even if this hadn't been brought up multiple times on the forums, this is something that 6 people could do in maybe 1-2 days, not something that an entire test server should still miss after 2 years.

If it's been reported throught the correct channels it should theoretically be in the system, but I can make sure it's at least in the tracker the BHs use (and PQA at least do see...)

that would be kinda cool. I'd have an excuse to keep my warp nanos for bore.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

If it's been reported throught the correct channels it should theoretically be in the system, but I can make sure it's at least in the tracker the BHs use (and PQA at least do see...)
    So wait... Something might actually be done?

About a complaint posted on the NT forum?

*Dies from shock*

Lemme see if I get this straight- if this issue actually does get "fixed" then:

1) Omni and Clan NTs will get eight new Warps-2) Neutral NTs will get 16 warps-3) Everybody is happy.

There's one small problem with this that everyone seems to have forgotten ... point #3. Nothing is EVER done that makes everybody happy.

They will only change it if it really p**ses someone off, so c'mon you non-warping profs... get your ire up and b*tch about this so that they'll know that everyone will NOT be pleased with this obviously useful modification..... which, come to think about it, may actually get it changed. [playful sarcastic remarks=off]

In all seriousness, I hope this gets fixed.... I would even accept that ONLY Neutral NT team warps get modified so they work in mixed teams... Not that I wouldn't mind gaining eight new warp nanos, but Neutral NTs should be the primary beneficiaries here.
    Christine "Crisalys" Kochanski 220/30/70 Nanomage Nano-Technician

License Plates: 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 Plate Debate has ended!

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,
    Crisalys has played 482 days 15 hours 48 minutes 36 seconds

There is DEFINITELY no letter "A" in the word DEFINITELY.
    What annoys you most at work?