Thread: RK 4 - The Retro Server

RK 4 - The Retro Server

I know I've seen this mentioned before and I know a lot of people besides myself that would play on it so I felt like posting it. Put a seperate server for people who want to play AO/NW without SL/AI and just have it be like the pre-SL days.

Now many people ask why:

- Its something really new and different. For myself, almost 3 years of AO, on and off, is starting to get boring for me. Even with trying new profs, breed/prof combos, or even trying chars on rk2. This will be something that you could do to have fun like the past without all the worries about trying to be ubah 1337 with the obsession of trying to be the best that has come from SL/AI.

- Why bother when you can play a froob? Well I find it impossible to play a froob character now. I honestly don't know how current froobs do it now, except the only possibility is that they don't know the vast game knowledge to know what they're missing out on. I can't handle leveling a character when I know everyone around me has Perks, Symbiants, uber items, easier ways of making money and xp/hour. This way everything is more equal like in the past instead of "Lets get 1-200 in a week!!" bull**** thats around today. Sure, I like to level a toon fast sometimes but its not impossible with RK only leveling, BUT it is impossible when you're surrounded by people getting way more xp than you for equal to/less work in SL.

Ok I had a bunch of other things going in my head but I just forgot it all when writing this out. Maybe I'll remember and add more later.

All I want to say that yes its possible for this to happen if FC would want to give their players something different to do, but they probably won't because they love getting the new froobs to buy expansions and make a ton of money. This is just something extra (in a much different way) for the old players.

I think NW should be included in the Retro Server idea because just plain old AO without even towers to do every once in awhile might be boring. However, without the godly equip of the current age it might make it more exciting to have a true PvP twink again and require people to have a bit more skill.

Also, I think you shouldn't have to make a froob or new account to access this. Like if you have a paid account you don't care for anymore you should only be allowed on this server under the same account. I don't like to bother keeping multiple account information around.

Allow Veterans Points to be on this server as well, since we have been and are still loyal customers, but maybe change things around a bit since there would be no SL/AI and imo the Veteran Shop items suck now anyways (except the SL Garden Beacon) and aren't nearly near their worth of $ spent for monthly subscriptions.

Thats all for now. Feel free to post opinions.

P.S. Oh and people want a rk4 pvp server, so maybe make this rk5? :-)

I know how you feel but I doubt many people would play on such a server. Particularly when you can get more or less the same experience for free by canceling and opening a froob account.

A free-for-all PvP server might be a popular option though.

Cool

rk4 is real life dude
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Psh who has a real life?

Just kidding. I actually do. At most only get in a couple hours of AO a day, usually just play it in the wee hours my time on the weekend mainly.

Fine name it what you wish but still... bump for uberness