Thread: monitor smoking suit

monitor smoking suit

I was wondering if you could help clear something up for me. I understand this is social armor, which means there are severe restrictions on what you can wear with it. So, what exactly *can* you wear with the suit on? I've heard things like inferno boots are ok, so what else? Is there a way to make it work? I'm just wondering since our tier armor is pretty lame. -_- And I don't plan to work on my AI armor until most of my orgmates are well on their way.
    -- Chilled, Co-Leader --
    South of Heaven :: RK2

No exp perks trained, Under Protest!

Former Bureaucrat Professional Shevaya's Avatar
    Best place to look is in the fixer profession forum (since it's the same thing as with GA):

Or just check Anarchy Mainframe Which has the complete listing

My own opinion would be to get merlin armor instead of monitor smoking suit, then move to AI armor.
    Retired 220/20 Bureaucrat Shevaya
    Retired 220/18 Doctor Jezzara
    Retired 218/16 Soldier Alliya

well basically rust pitted rings and Ljotur? Skinchip that drops out of the primus mobs aswell.
    no hhab and no aruls anyways.

oh and dont get that awful merlin coat and helmet. helmet is just too... ugly and coat well you will look like any doc with it
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

bump for biodome armor untill you can get AI armor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    Personally, I think my crat was around 110 last time I checked...

You can wear any of the SL protective gear ie Pen ring, Inf boots, HHaB. Ljotur armor, skin chip, corroded and/or rust pitted rings, I believe any Neck Slot items are still wearable also along w/ any other social armor. With a majority of the stuff mentioned and the nice fat engi SL AC buffs you can have some pretty impressive ACs, however u will miss out on aruls. Also of note the suit has playshift reqs on it meaning everytime u zone you will have to take off everything u are wearing under it and re-equip it all. This includes the SL protective gear so i hope u like eating a few ticks of Inf or Pande dot while your basically naked at any zone border.

Cant use HHAB with GA so i figured it was the same but

btw yeah Reactive looks awesome. that "evil ant" helmet looks pwn
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Thanks guys. So it basically looks like you *could* build yourself some really nice AC's this way, but you've got to deal with stripping nekkid every time you zone?

Still, I'm kind of intrigued.
    -- Chilled, Co-Leader --

Smoking suit is basically a RP item.........
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Quote Originally Posted by Portulis
    oh so good looking on a male...
    oh baby on a female solitus
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Portulis
    So true, unfortunatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzzz
    ...... Also of note the suit has playshift reqs on it meaning everytime u zone you will have to take off everything u are wearing under it and re-equip it all. This includes the SL protective gear so i hope u like eating a few ticks of Inf or Pande dot while your basically naked at any zone border.
    You dont have to unequipe anything when you zone with suit on ~ User of the smoking suit my self

Whenever i zone with suit on, and i have hhab and or pen glasses on, the smoking suit goes ineffective...so i tend to agree with dizzz on this....have yet to find a way to bypass this. Only really use it when im reseting skills, or hanging around bor hunting buffs/selling stuff.

I used this as my main armor for several levels. If you're wearing the suit alone, no problems when you zone. If you have inferno boots on, the suit will turn red and needs to be unequipped, the boots taken off <ouch> the <ouch> suit <ouch> re-equipped <ouch> and the boots <ouch> finally re-equipped.

This happens too with ljotur armor - the suit will become invisible when you zone too, so you'll run around looking like a soup sandwich until you take it all off and requip. Unless i'm mistaken, the pen glasses didn't cause me trouble when I used it a lot.

But if you *do* get a full set of ljotur, slap on the monitor suit, and beg an engie for an ac buff, you're pimpin some bad ass ac's. I think my trader had 18k and up, when using all that with ac drains ... I did lose out on a good bit of damage, evades, hp etc, so its more like "a cool trick" than the ultimate set up.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Its seems worth trying for a few levels for kicks anyway. Although.. AC's don't seem to matter that much in later SL playfields? Our solja has like 5k more ac than I do and pretty much we are usually hit for about the same.
    -- Chilled, Co-Leader --

You would have phat AC with ljotur + chassis+5k from engi on a soldier.... I have the monitor suit but i dont use it (because AI bracers need AI spec3 and i have removed it)....

Anyway i dont think you will see a big difference when you have 18k AC against high lvl mobs....

EDIT: ewwww looked at the date of the post >.<
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Funny that the probs with the Monitor are still there, ain't it?
    Luuv lvl220/19/67 NM engie equip
    Spamheal lvl205/23 NM doc equip
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*
    And yes, I always edit my posts.

I tried it on my crat...didn't look too nice on a trox, imo

Seems quite bugged, yes.

Stylish though. Who ever said tuxes were convenient?

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Playshift reqs just means the requirements are checked on zoning, and if OE its auto deequipped, it does not interfere with anything else you're using.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard