Page 1 of 18 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Updated Huge Map

CSPmap (aka Updated Huge Map)

The map has changed names to CSPmap to distinguish itself from the Huge Map. The project started with the Huge Map as a base, but now contains little of the original.

Here are some of the map's features:
    • terrain is accurately protrayed in its proper colours and is placed to provide the highest accuracy for the location pointer
    • level ranges for all notum fields are included as well as the notum field being visible over the terrain; LCA naming is the same as the Huge Map, with some corrections made
    • all city controllers have been added and catalogued (i.e. you can tell someone who also has the map to go to Broken Shores city #1c and they'll find it easily)
    • all player-ownable city plots are included in the map's terrain
    • dynacamps have been updated and corrections made
    • unique non-player characters have been added on a third "cheat" layer to help new players find specific people, but no quest information is provided
    • the two coasts at the bottom of the map have been added in detail. (lacking in most current game maps)
    • zone walls are more accurate (ex. there's a huge band in Newland that's inaccessible, but you can zone over); please note, though, that AO's zone walls weren't lined up so carefully, so there were some limitations.
    • there have been many changes in the last 2 yrs since the Huge Map was updated and almost all of those changes have been implemented in the CSPmap. (ex. Alien Playfield's shuttle, Biodomes, Subway in West Athens!)
    • easy to use self-installer that works in multiple languages

There are also helpfile available that are similar to the ones on the Huge Map website, but have had errors corrected, dynacamps updated, and player city controllers added. The helpfiles are also now in the "new" pseudo-html chat format, so the colours match the regular helpfiles and all the links work properly.

You can get both the map and the html helpfiles here: http://creativestudent.com/ao/ (This is the most up-to-date list of mirrors of the map. Several people have offered to host the map, but haven't kept their versions recent. Please go to the main site to see what the latest version is before getting a copy from another source.)

There are samples of different areas of the map at the official CSPmap website

Here's a full size sample of Broken Shores from the latest version with almost no compression artifacts:

http://creativestudent.com/ao/imgz/brokenshores.jpg
    Last edited by Finnagen; Apr 1st, 2006 at 04:19:38. Reason: recent updates

Very nice. Thanks

Read about your org issues thread. Not very nice.

This is EXCELLENT work!!!

btw. whats up with the author of hge map?
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

Quote Originally Posted by octopuss

I've emaile Neph while working on my own version of the HugeMap, but I never got any reply.
    ... they gather, like big cats around the water hole, waiting for the weak and the wounded to stagger into their territory so they can exercise some violence, and feed their starving reputation ...

Roleplay? Sure! RUR.has.it!

Awesome work, thanks Pity about your org.
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.

• added 8 missing dyna camps (6 leet and 2 rhino)
    Oohh... Nep won't like that... she'll set the Ninja Leets on j00!

(I know Nep has been hoping to update her map, but obviously she's been pretty busy with a certain well known barbarian )
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Wow that looks very nice! I can't wait to see the whole thing. Keep on working on it mate

Quote Originally Posted by octopuss

Yeah.. I tried contacting Nep via the email on her website, but never received a reply. Besides, the biggest part I'm working with is the underlying graphic map which was released by Funcom. I would have like to work from the original, but the only one I could find was a very compressed version at http://ao.stratics.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane
    Oohh... Nep won't like that... she'll set the Ninja Leets on j00!
    You should download the help files and take a look at the graphic I used for dyna camps..

Oi.. I have been /.ed! Well, almost... People have used about 11% of my monthly bandwidth over the past 13 hrs. Luckily, it's almost the end of the month..

Finnagen, as I said I've been working on a version myself. Due to some RL issues I probably won't get any more work done, at least not for a while. If you're interested I have marked all the CC on Rubi-Ka proper.
    Let me know if you want that data.

Regards,
    SH
    ... they gather, like big cats around the water hole, waiting for the weak and the wounded to stagger into their territory so they can exercise some violence, and feed their starving reputation ...

How do you have the data? Is it just on your updated version of the Huge Map? Or do you also have a list of coords for each? Both would be useful and helpful.

Just my updated version of the HugeMap, but I use PaintShop Pro 8 and have the data as a seperate layer.

Send me a private message and we'll take it from there.

Great work! Im not sure did I understand right, but are you going to add ALL the city plots on the map? That would be really awesome!

Keep up the great work, good luck.
    RK2, Northern Front

Is anyone able to host a mirror of my map? In 2 days I've already used up 70% of my monthly bandwidth. (Seems that my unlimited bandwidth is only 5gigs) I'll have to see if I can place it on another server...

Quote Originally Posted by Finnagen
    Is anyone able to host a mirror of my map? In 2 days I've already used up 70% of my monthly bandwidth. (Seems that my unlimited bandwidth is only 5gigs) I'll have to see if I can place it on another server...
    drop me a mail and i'll throw it on my server.. sg @ hacksess.com

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Put it up on my guild site for the moment, got lots of bandwidth.

Download it here

And great work btw, but you should have a general filename so the link stays the same, however the data is updated.
    Last edited by Malosar; Oct 24th, 2005 at 20:45:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Malosar
    And great work btw, but you should have a general filename so the link stays the same, however the data is updated.
    Well, as I plan on updating it quite frequently until it's up to date, I don't want people to get confused between versions. If the version is specifically in the filename, you won't accidentally download the same map twice.

Additionally, no one will be able to hot-link the file...

I'll link to your download page and people can just find the file in the list.

I probably should come up with a unique name for this map other than "Updated Huge Map"... it seems like a name that an astronomer would come up with for a telescope. Any ideas? How about "Finny's Fastastic and Fantabulous er.. Fap?"... needs work.

Finnagen's FapMap?

Excellent and long-overdue update.

Finnagen, please keep up the good work.

I am not aware what are your present plans on continuing with AO, but if you do stay with us, im prepared to donate you 1m in game, to compensate for the loss of your org. But only if you are on Rimor though. Im sure some sort of pass the hat collection would net you nice cr and help you rebuild your org.

As for site bandwidht costs, if you decide to remake the full map, Im sure a PayPal donations link would gather some real money. I for one would gladly donate some $ to support your mapping efforts.
    Timmon
    ======
    195 crat Assurnasirpa equipment & perks | 102 NT Ashurdan | 84 MP Sennacherib
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Explorer 93% ******** Achiever 46% ******** Socializer 33% ******* Killer 26%

Page 1 of 18 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast