Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: OOC: Reporter Support System

OOC: Reporter Support System

The ASS is no more!

Yes, it's true -- we have renamed it to the Reporter Support System

This is only a name change to get rid of that acronym. The System still works exactly as before.
    We also have an updated Manual, see below.

For those of you unfamiliar with the RSS, it is an interface which allows you -- the player -- to write and submit news articles pertaining to the game. If approved, your article will be posted here (in Editor News) as a Freelance submission and will be sent out over the IRRK News Wire to people currently in-game, as well as a number of fansites.

If you are interested in more information on this program, please contact events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com.

This is another attempt by us to allow you to become more active in the stories which shape Rubi-Ka. It is our hope that you will enjoy the system and use it often!

How to Join
    In order to join the program, you first should review the program manual (see below). It answers a lot of questions and states some of the guidelines for the program.

Once you've done that, you can apply for the program. Send an e-mail (with your character name as the subject line) to freelance@ark.anarchy-online.com including the following information:
    • Desired log-in name. (This will not be seen by readers)
    • Full character name. (This is the name readers will see on your articles)
    • The dimension you play on.
    • Your character's in-game nick.
    • A preferred e-mail address (generally the one you apply with).

Reference Material
    The manual can be downloaded at http://volunteer.funcom.com/Public/RSS-Manual.pdf
    Last edited by Devdas; May 19th, 2007 at 20:39:14.
    Director Nevarstiyeh
    Events Team
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Contact the Events Department: events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com

Great idea but...

perhaps you could have picked a better acronym?

Anyway... this sounds excellent and I'll definately think about it.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Nice, let's just hope there won't be too many Atlantean/Rimor mix-ups.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Talking

No wonder!!

When I came back from my break a few months back ASS was not working...WTB access again!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Huzzah... three cheers for inaproppriate names...

- bum face
    No human being on the face of this glorius Rubi-ka, no goverment is going to take from me my right to speak, my right to protest against wrong, my right to everything that is for the benefit for magekind.
    I am not here to be accused!
    I am here as the accuser of omni-tek dripping with blood from head to toe!

When Injustice Becomes The Norm, Resistance Becomes A Duty.

Muge "Gueve" Marxosis

Must resist... lame joke...

Maybe I'll send some articles... in the ASS !
    Last edited by Boltgun; Nov 29th, 2005 at 21:41:31.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

What is gong to be your involvement in filtering... the ASS ? Anybody can send foo-foo press releases thru the thing? ( aka talking out of their ass ?)
    Last edited by lullysing; Nov 30th, 2005 at 19:43:07.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

The *thong* about the ASS is that it never hits rock *Bottom*, No matter what, Sure, It'll be the *butt* of jokes, sure, some wise *Crack* might make fun of its name, but its a really great *Cistern* which will help us report some great events, *Toi-let* us let the world know of the RPing escapades...
    No human being on the face of this glorius Rubi-ka, no goverment is going to take from me my right to speak, my right to protest against wrong, my right to everything that is for the benefit for magekind.
    I am not here to be accused!
    I am here as the accuser of omni-tek dripping with blood from head to toe!

When Injustice Becomes The Norm, Resistance Becomes A Duty.

Muge "Gueve" Marxosis

The ARK Reporters Team will be reviewing and editing articles. The details of what is permissible content will be explained in the content manual which we will be releasing soon.
    Director Nevarstiyeh
    Events Team
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

I hope some of the NLF stuff will get through Although they are a bunch of crazy mofo's their propaganda is entertaining as kinda being the RP villains/fanatics.

((Loved when they stormed into the Newland debates, found it every exciting and ****ed it up a notch))
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

I couldn't agree more Negs

WTB more NLF news and less Legionaire NLF-rip-off news
    Mains:
    Zoe Sorceress Zanter - 220 Nano Technician
    Member of The Union

Herbert Reanimater West - 165 Doctor
    Member of The Union

My Irregulars:
    Rippernova - 160 Trader
    Member of The Union

Yugoth - 135 Meta Physicist
    Member of The Union

This is the system through which I posted my article on GridStream Production which can be found in this same forum. Its a good idea if you can think of things to write about that dont pertain to the main story line.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Talking

I'm wondering if the ASS will be an upgraded version, hopefully with an RSS newsfeed code which fansites can use to list and link to the latest Editor News.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Quote Originally Posted by SirNegs
    ((Loved when they stormed into the Newland debates, found it every exciting and ****ed it up a notch))
    Like bump. I didn't say this, but Assembly org chat was all:

"...NLF pwned the Newland debate..."
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

Talking

I'd like an update on this project please!

OOC: Freelance Reporters Program

The time is finally here! I know it's way overdue and I apologize -- unfortunately there were some glitches which threw a wrench in the process of getting the RSS and Freelance Program back up and running. However, I'm confident we've got the system down and ready to roll out. That said, the Freelance Reporters program is now open!

How to Join
    In order to join the program, you first should review the program manual (see below). It answers a lot of questions and states some of the guidelines for the program.

Once you've done that, you can apply for the program. Send an e-mail (with your character name as the subject line) to freelance@ark.anarchy-online.com including the following information:
    • Desired log-in name. (This will not be seen by readers)
    • Full character name. (This is the name readers will see on your articles)
    • The dimension you play on.
    • Your character's in-game nick.
    • A preferred e-mail address (generally the one you apply with).

Reference Material
    The manual can be downloaded at http://volunteer.funcom.com/Public/RSS-Manual.pdf
    Last edited by Devdas; May 19th, 2007 at 19:53:04.
    Director Nevarstiyeh
    Events Team
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

The email adress doesnt work..

sorry for double post, but please fix this fast

I have wrote a nice letter to you

The e-mail addresses work. On the freelance@ark.anarchy-online.com address, there is one recipient on the list whose e-mail wasn't correct so you would get a returned e-mail notification from his address. However, I still have all of the applications that were sent. They all went through fine, even if you got one of the returned e-mail notifications.
    Director Nevarstiyeh
    Events Team
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast