Thread: exact ql of general/loot

exact ql of general/loot

hi all!

well the title says it all ... anyone been able to determine a formula to predict an (almost) exact lvl of the boss/loot?

i'm thinking 'bout running a series of raids to get some "quite interesting" lowbie loot with ai expertise 1 req.

twinkage ftw

/Palantir

It *was* something like:

Level of General = AvgLvlOrgMembersInCity + ((AvgLvlOrgMembersInCity * 0.07) * NumOrgMembersInCity)

But I think it is now also capped so it can't go too far above the level of the highest org member present...
    Last edited by Darkbane; Dec 1st, 2005 at 16:30:37.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Seems to me like the math is correct, not sure on the 0.07 though it seems around that.

On a nearby question, what about the level of the hacker? seems to me like it is one of 2 or 3 options where one option is AvgLvlOrgMembersInCity and the other is AvgLvlOrgMembersInCity * something.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

This AvgLvlOrgMembersInCity * something is mot likely correct. On a solo 218 et raid I had a 240 hacker and on a 216 I had a 238 so from what I can tell it's 1.1 * AvgLvlOrgMembersInCity. Can anyone confirm this on a larger raid?

if your just farming lowby stuff a lvl 60 toon uassally has lvl 75ish gen if he's the only one in the city.

when there's more then 1 member the ql rise's abit for each member.

eg 1 lvl 60 org member=lvl 75ish general
    2 lvl 60 org member=lvl 80ish general

not sure on the exact formula but it close to

highest org member lvl+15-20lvl's(+ a small multiplier for each other org member based on there lvl)

just gota experiment abit...i know that a lvl 60 in city has gotten me a bag full of lvl 75 bio's
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

hmm guess that formula offered by Darkbane geared my hopes a bit up :/

what i'm actually after is ql68-70 comm relay for a lvl24 twink

according to that formula 2 lvl60 twinks (there's literally tons of them in every org) would hit the right spot. if drgrimmy is right though ...

well, guess i'll have to do some testing

/Palantir

The range of loot is very very very wide...

On a level 207 solo raid.. I ALWAYS get a Level 214 general

But the loot ranges in QL from +/- 50 of the level of the general...
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

lvl 200 solo raid = lvl 207 general

hackers can vary in lvl from being green to red (238 highest i think)

lvl 165 solo raid = lvl 170 general

hackers can vary from being 150-180ish

lvl 165 + lvl 162 duo raid = lvl 166 general

hacker lvl is determined at the start of the raid, but it's not entirely predictable. as long as the participants dont change, the lvl of the hacker won't either, but from raid to raid, the level of the hacker will vary slightly, even with the same participants/levels at each raid.
    Akarah, Akarawr, Badunkadunk, Betresh, Donnar, Fivehands,
    Flugtag, Fral, Frieka, Geffy, Gefjun, Gefster, Gefz, Molebat...
    and a few more...

Advisor of Synergy Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Akarah
    but from raid to raid, the level of the hacker will vary slightly, even with the same participants/levels at each raid.
    My experience is that it will not varry, but alternate between two different options.
    Not exact numbers, but lvl 180 only org member in team of 6 yields either a 190ish or a 220ish hacker. Anyone share this experience?
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

When i solo at lvl 220 i get 227 General.