Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Creating a L60 TOTW / PvP Keeper

Creating a L60 TOTW / PvP Keeper

Hello.

I wanted to try to make a level 60 keeper for some pvp practice and assisting org mates in totw, and i'd like some advice on equipment, what skills i should raise, and what perks i should choose.

My idea was to equip my atrox keeper with a full set of predator armor, silken gloves, a QL135 overtuned heavy omni-tek tank armor, 250 tokenboard, shere sanc, 6 slot NCU with QL153 memory (cause that fits just perfectly with the 481 comp lit req on the silken gloves), QL150 imps (if possible) and a QL154 Illuminated sword. AI armor is not an option atm, since i'm not that rich yet.

That's as far as i've got atm.

I have no idea what perks to choose, so i guess that's the biggest issue i have so far. Any thoughts? I'm also not sure if i should raise the nanoskills high enough to selfcast all buffs or if i should make him dependant on MP buffs to cast nanos.

I think i found a thread about twinking L60 keepers on this forum before, but i couldn't find it when searching for it. Sorry for doubleposting if that thread still exists.

If you want to pvp I think the real question will be do I want to cast nanos with MP buffs, or do I want to forget about selfbuffs and train notum repulsor. I think I'd try the 2nd option, the extra 54 2he etc. won't do much good when you're standing rooted with a 25% effective weapon in your hand, ofc you want to finish twinking before training NR.

If the temple is the primary reason for making the toon I'd stay away from NR, I don't have 1st hand info on it but from what I've heard you still won't resist the stuns from uklesh etc with it.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

From a perk point of view, choose AoR and BioShielding. That will aid you the most at that kind of level.
    Your equipment looks good but you will not be able to get all of them to QL150, some will have to stay about QL120-125. Also, you should not have an IP Problem then so most of your nano-skillz will be maxed. Remember to max your evades over your nano-skillz to survive. With one wrangle you should be able to self all the buffs that are level locked @ 50 without any problems.
    And the only other OB you should require is maybe an Aegis Barrier and RI if you feel so inclined. I had no problem soloing almost everything in TotW except for the Uklesh, Kahlum, Aztur trio. You can take the first two, but don't attempt the third.
    You will also find that the meatpads can help you out as the one has a 500point absorb shield you can use while you BioCocoon is down!
    At the end of the day, it's not that hard. I wasn't even properly perked and kitted and didn't find to much trouble.
    I would love to see a melee class able to take down Aztur though.
    PS: If you have AI, try get at least one level and put it into Crusade as you get a DOT that scales with your 2he.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Thanks for the advice, i really appreciate it. I was thinking of using an Enhanced Pads of Dedication and Barrow Strength on the shoulders, with the Withered Flesh in my inventory for the absorb. Not being a very experienced AO player (only played for a little more than a year, highest toon is a L191 adv) i don't really know what's "good" and what's "not so good" when it comes to perks given different situations. Basically i'm struggeling to justify removing perks from Bio Shielding and using them elsewhere, the absorb sure is a lifesaver.. Yes i do have AI and i will get 6 AI levels as soon as i can get a decent team for a lowbie AI raid in my org. First i gotta get the Shere Sanc key and make all the imps needed for getting this stuff on, been putting it off a bit but i guess i'll get on to it as soon as i ding 200 on my main.

I know i probably won't get 150 imps in every slot, but i was thinking i should at least try to get a few imps with 150 for the weaponskills, evades and nanoresist. My brother suggested symbiants in the other slots, would that be a decent option instead of QL120-ish imps?

I do want to pvp with this toon (it's fun, but i'm completely useless at it ), is nano repulsor the only decent option for a keeper? Being melee isn't exactly a huge advantage, but it kicks butt in totw

Any advice is welcome here!
    Last edited by Adeo; Feb 9th, 2006 at 18:07:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka
    With one wrangle you should be able to self all the buffs
    There's true beauty in that statement ....

well, you can always totally eschew Nanos and not use any at all, Perk 2 points into Repulsor and you become immune to Nanos at lvl 60 practically lol. of course, this means with -600 to all nanoskills you wont be buffing yourself at ALL, but PvP relys on OSBs anyways at that lvl. If you want to be more geared for ToTW then PvP..... well I wouldnt put any in repulsor personally, never any Highlvl traders or MPs around for the +130/140 to skills you'll need to cast anything with the -200 from NR1 when you want to cast them lol. Either way, 3 into AoR is a must, if PvP is top in the list, go NR1 at least, maybe NR2 and put the others wherever, if ToTW is top, then, well you can't go wrong with Coon 3, a 800 Dmg absorb shield will help you while kiting Aztur alot. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Halp halp a prof i used too kill with 12345 just pwned me halp

You hit Bbyron for 1337 points of poison damage.Critical hit!
    Ninjamancer: 215/17 Neutral Opi Agent. (the ubermain) Equip
    Lightwielder: 190/9 Neutral Soli Keeper. (the uberalt)
    Kitsunekid: 60/6 Omni Soli Soldier. (the wtfuberalt) Equip
    Faefighter:Testserver Omni Opi MA. (Crit, Crit, Evade, Splat! )

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome
    There's true beauty in that statement ....
    haha

on another note, can a level 60 atrox even get predator armor on?

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Yes it's not hard to get on at 60 for any breed, difference between atrox and opifex at that level is only 7 sense, it's first when you hit the titlecaps that breed starts to have a big impact on abilities, but if you want to keep it out of OE might have to make a bit of a sacrifice in some other area.

Level 60 atrox will have 183 base sense, 210 with composite attribute and ES (get a graft and hand it to whoever is buffing you if you go NR and can't use it yourself). QL125 head implant gives 15 sense and doesn't really clash with something important.
    That leaves 15 sense to make up for with gear, bright and shiny sense both clash with body dev unfortunately.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Just dont do it:
    A. Enforcers will drop you like butter.
    B. So will Fixers.
    C. So will Traders.
    D. So will Agents
    E. So will Soldiers
    F. So will MPs

If you wanna roll a lvl 60 twink thats melee, Enforcer is the way to go.

i know it's possible to do predator armor non oe on a 50 nanoresist atrox keeper, so at 60 it should be easy.

A. I like butter.
    B. I'll spam them with NCUHOTGSFPLX!! tells untill the go insane.
    C. I like traders.
    D. I have no intention of beating agents anyway.
    E. I like soldiers.
    F. More spam for CMPLXKTHXBYE!!

I'm making a cozy keeper, not a mean one. Enforcers are too brutal. My care bear stare will pwn them all!

(on a more serious note: i'm guessing they'll all kick my butt, but i'm just doing this for fun. it's my first attempt at twinking, and besides i heard keepers kick butt in totw!)

Quote Originally Posted by Djurmamman
    (get a graft and hand it to whoever is buffing you if you go NR and can't use it yourself)
    As a sidenote --- I'm not much of a graft user, but aren't they supposed to buff the respective nano self only? I know they say "OnUse: CastStunNano Target <whatever> 100%", but I've been under the impression it'd be casted on the graft-user --- regardless of the nano target, no?

You can buff other players with grafts, atleast the reflect and ES ones. Root grafts comes to mind.
    Finalizer
    Eternalist - Enlightened heal monkey.
    Field Marshal
    Dictator
    Lich

Quote Originally Posted by EmDoc
    Root grafts comes to mind.
    nevermind .... ... doh ... ....

I rolled a lot of L200 missions with my adv when he was L182, so i have a full set of QL200 Hacked Boosted-Grafts (Deflect, Lesser Paralyze, Detain Suspect, Feet of Stone, ES, Sparrow Flight, Playful Cup, Hasty Aug Cloud, Advanced Shielding Barrier, Glowing Retribution .. am i missing something?). At least the ES graft will be nice to keep the pred armor from being OE, not sure if that'll be a problem or not.

I'm thinking of not going with NR anyway, and rather farm purifying rods from Uklesh or something. Those rods would take care of most roots / debuffs, right? (i've never used one so i wouldn't know )

keepers make great twinks at level 60 imo, the longsword of illum does awesome damage (maybe lacking brawl). AOR and their self heal aura will replace a lot of HP and if u get a HNQ as well then you'll be pretty much immortal. Aztur is easy, Uklesh hs always been the main problem: he has a 17 second stun which requires insane NR to block and i doubt any melee profession can solo him

Quote Originally Posted by manaas
    keepers make great twinks at level 60 imo, the longsword of illum does awesome damage (maybe lacking brawl). AOR and their self heal aura will replace a lot of HP and if u get a HNQ as well then you'll be pretty much immortal. Aztur is easy, Uklesh hs always been the main problem: he has a 17 second stun which requires insane NR to block and i doubt any melee profession can solo him
    no. it's not lacking brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeo
    A. I like butter.

too much butter..and your twink soti or any weapon will slip from you hand..and kiting Aztur will give you a heart-attack ^_-

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka
    I would love to see a melee class able to take down Aztur though.
    I have about a 33% success rate with soloing aztur with my 60 enforcer tweak. Secret is to pull Khaulm to the side room so when he dies you can escape, recharge bio, hp, etc, then go at Az fresh.

D

Thats really suprising, I've never seen a 60 enf even come close.
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast