Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Berrenta's guide to the Condemned Subway

Post Berrenta's guide to the Condemned Subway

Being the lowest level dungeon (must be below 25 to enter), this is probably the first static you may have entered. Here's my guide about the subway itself, the mobs and bosses, and the phat lewt you may find.

~~About the dungeon~~

The Condemned Subway is a dungeon aimed at players 24 or below. If you go any higher than the limit while inside, consider this your last day there, unless if you have alts. Also note you can't beacon warp anyone in here.

MOB range: 4 to 30 (end boss level)

Quests involved: click for info

Entering the subway

There are three different locations for this dungeon, depending on side:
    OT: Just outside Rome Blue, along outside wall (Rome Stretch)
    Clan: Inside West Athen
    Neutral: Southern part of Borealis City.

Sections:
    Main Corridor: Enterance, adjoined with a big room
    Shops: The subway is the only dungeon with a market. All storekeppers are neutral. You can buy tools, containers, medical supplies, armor, weapons/ammo, and social clothes here. Corridors leading here are north of the big room.
    Tunnels: This area lies just before the deep end of the subway. Eumenides usually is in the tracks part of this area. Starts south of the big room.
    Deep end: The darkest section of all, it houses two more bosses at the end and near the end. Starts right after Eumenides's spawn point.

Important items

Here are many of the items you can get in this dungeon.

Morphing Memory
    Leveling item (levels up to 200), modifies ncu and nano resist. Requires Complit and Psychic to equip and update.
    Ring of the Nucleus Basalis
    Another leveling item, modifies NCU. Requires Treatment to wear and update.
    Juggler's Treat (interpolated at ql 30)
    Modifies Multi Melee and Multi Ranged. Requires Agility.
    Boots of Infinite Speed (interpolated at ql 25)
    Modifies AC's and Physical Initiative. Right-clicking item activates Terrain Knowledge. Requires Sense and Agility.

Reminders
    -Unless you happened to be heavily twinked, bring a team.
    -Some people might pull trains (especially at the deep end, the area with the highest intensity of attack-on-sight mobs) or attempt to kite (Kiting is killing in transit, where you run, attack, and run again while at the same time getting hit as little as possible. NTs, due to their AOE nukes, are good at this.) Watch where you go.
    -When going into the deep end, bring a healer just in case (doctor, advy, or m/a may suit the job)
    -A player said there's a 30% chance the bosses will spawn every 15 minutes.

Subway terms
    -Abby: Abmouth Supremus
    -add: a mob that caused more aggro than needed, commonly refering to extra mobs.
    -aggro: 1. a mob that is attacking 2. to cause aggro
    -alpha: 1. type of loot system where loot rights alternate alphabetically (if Bob, Jon, and Dan were teamed, Bob loots first, followed by Dan, then Jon, rinse and repeat.) 2. a nasty damage-dealing special (Full Auto, Dimach, etc.)
    -crit: short for Critical hit
    -ding: an explanation that you gained a new level
    -doc: shorthand for Doctor, an AO profession
    -grats, gz: Congratulations in short.
    -kiting: Killing in transit. More info above. Due to enclosed spaces there are few areas where kiting can take place.
    -KS: Kill stealing, where one kills off someome else's kill. Most of the time it's just an accident, but other times... you get the idea.
    -team loot: There are three modes of team loot: all, alpha, and leader. All: anyone can loot :: Alpha: mentioned above :: Leader: leader gets first dibs on every mob killed by his/her team
    -soz, sry: sorry
    -striker room: the room in the northernmost part of the tunnels area. You will find a ton of workman strikers, along with one or two architect strikers. It's said to give good xp for low-level toons...
    -tank: 1. A member of the team whose job is to hold aggro. Enforcers excel at this role. 2. to serve as a tank to hold aggro
    -train: 1. a group of mobs (normally a large group of aggro-on-sight mobs) pulled like a train. 2. to cause a train. Note that this is very frowned upon, so please, for the safety of other players, avoid training.
    Last edited by Berrenta; Nov 19th, 2006 at 01:01:09. Reason: correcting boss spawn timer
    Rimor:Berrenta 220/19 adv|Sudayxis 135/8 MP|Rubyfire 15/2 sold|Shadowberren 73/6 agent
    Ashlotte 102/5 keeper|Yetashan 54/1 MA|Rubiam 35/2 NT|Kumatora 40/2 trader
    Atlantean: Maledia 120/5 doctor|Shawaina 30/2 enf|Shellfury 13/1 sold

Proud member of Core (Rimor) and Hands of Fate (Atlantean)
    Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    There is no IRL. There is only active in game, AFK & extended AFK.

~~The Mobs~~
    Attribute key: *=Neutral ^=Attack On Sight &=Social %=No Special Loot
    Common mobs drop the four items needed for Ergo. Keep that in mind.

Filth Flea*%
    First mob you encounter. Looks like a huge flea. Inflicts poison and melee damage. Level 4 and above

Violent Vagabond*
    Black-cloaked, attacks with a bottle of some beverage. Inflicts melee damage. Drops a random beverage, Vagabond cloak, and The fr00b T-shirt. Level 5 and above.

Discarded Pet
    Mechdog-style pet. Inflicts melee damage. Level 7 and above. Drops Morphing Memories.

Mugger^%
    White spiked hair, attacks with a shotgun. May look hot, but looks can kill. Inflicts projectile damage. Level 5 and above.

Looter*&%
    Black hair and choak, equips a two-hander. May assist certain mobs in combat. Inflicts energy damage. Level 5 and above.

Stim Fiend*
    Red hair in a Mohawk, uses fists. Inflicts melee damage. Drops First Aid and Nano Stims close to his level. Level 11 and above.

Deranged Shopper*^%
    One-of-a-kind, redheaded female Solitus, wields a pillow. Inflicts melee damage. Level 8.

Shadow&%
    Shadowmutant-style mob. Inflicts poison damage. Level 9 and above.

Disobedient Bot
    Automation droid. Inflicts melee damage. Drops a Morphing Memory on occasion. Level 8 and above

Uncontrollable Anger^%
    A manifestation pet that was hard to maintain. Inflicts melee damage. Level yet to be determined.

Strikers(Common Attributes:*&)
    Workman Striker
    A beam-wielding Atrox in a gray cloak with a menacing look on his face. If not careful, he and his pals can smack you into next week. Inflicts melee damage. Drops a Support Beam of Intolerance. Keep in mind that you can have one of these money-making items at a time. It has a 10% chance of executing Ego Taunt after a sucessful hit. Level 14 and above.
    Architect Striker
    A Solitus in a cloak the same color as the Workman. Uses fists and casts single nukes and Shockball (AoE) on occasion. Uses melee damage otherwise. Drops Construction Sleeves on occasion and the Transfusion Rifle. Level 16 and above.
    Strike Foreman
    The big kahuna of the Strikers. Unique, resides on bridge above tracks. Unknown damage infliction as of now. Drops the Boots of Infinite Speed mentioned earlier and probably SOL fire Executioners. (All SOL fires are adventurer only, types are C, E, F, and T, each with different specials) Possibly drops the Transfusion Rifle (refer to Vergil Aeneid's loot table for info on rifle). Level 20.

Slum Runner^%
    Small Omus-like spider that may inflict low damage, but it is rather fast. Inflicts poison damage. Level 12 and above

Infector^%
    Bileswarm-like mob. One of the nastiest when it comes to appearance. Inflicts poison damage. Level 18 and above

Lost Thought*%
    Another manifestation, but has the healpet-style mesh. Inflicts melee damage. Level 17 and above.

Cyborgs(Common Attribute:*)
    Fragmented Soul^
    Pistol users. Can cast the same nukes as Architect Striker, but will cast Mass Claw Eyes, an area blind normally used by NT's, on occasion. Unknown damage infliction as of now. Said to drop the Transfusion Rifle (refer to Vergil Aeneid's loot table for info on rifle). Level 18 and above.
    Premature Pattern
    Female nanomage who uses fists and wears low-tech armor. Inflicts melee damage. Drops an Eleet doll (interpolated at ql 25). Level yet to be determined.
    Redundant Scan%
    Long-haired Solitus that has off-white hair. Note that when she is very low in health (10%), she will run off as if she is panicking, so be prepared for that. Uses a pistol-like gun that inflicts radiation damage. Level yet to be determined.
    Molested Molecules%^
    A rifle-weilder who can root on occasion. Inflicts poison damage. Level yet to be determined.
    Empty Shell%^
    A nanomage who can nuke a bit or even slow you down--quite literally. Unknown damage infliction as of now. Level yet to be determined.
    Neural Burnout%^
    A female martial artist that inflicts melee(?) damage. Level 18 and above.
    Melded Patterns^
    Heavyset female, wielding an energy gun. Inflicts energy damage. Level yet to be determined.
    Incomplete Rebuild^
    Description pending. Inflicts energy damage.
    Note: All cyborgs drop pieces for the Living Cyber Armor on occasion. Note the chestpiece, boots, and gloves from the set can be quested for. Full set info here

~~Bosses~~
    All bosses attack on sight!
    Eumenides*
    The first main boss. Some players that are new to the game believe that he is a "neutral PvP twink," but, in fact, he's not. Carries a two-hander and inflicts energy damage. Drops the Ring of the Nucleus Basalis and Transfusion Rifle. For info on the rifle, see Vergil's drop table. Noticed that he can drop a piece of Living Cyber Armor as well. Level 20.
    Vergil Aeneid*
    A boss that is a few rooms before Abmouth. He can vary in level, depending on his level before being taken down. He has an HoT, so soloing can get a bit rough, unless if you worked to the bone on twinking. Inflicts energy damage. Drops a Transfusion Rifle (interpolated at ql 30) and Belt of Justice. The rifle may lower your Psychic, but it has a 10% chance of landing Frost Slivers after a successful hit. He was said to drop a piece of Living Cyber armor as well. Level 25-33.
    Abmouth Supremus
    The boss of all bosses in the dungeon. Has a spikeball in each hand for attacks and has a look that appears creepier than you expect. Some players had soloed him before with outside buffs to help them. He is accompanied by 2 infectors, so bring efficient pullers or calmers (advys can do that job only if the infectors aren't attacking. otherwise, get an NT, crat, trader, or MP with mezzpet). Inflicts melee damage. Drops the Ring of the Nucleus Basalis, the Juggler's Treat, and the Belt of Justice. Level 30
    Last edited by Berrenta; Nov 19th, 2006 at 01:05:59.
    Rimor:Berrenta 220/19 adv|Sudayxis 135/8 MP|Rubyfire 15/2 sold|Shadowberren 73/6 agent

GoGo Berrenta! \o/

This thread, after all, is in New Arrivals. Make sure you set things straight that some vets would take for granted (trains? items lootable? where not to run? )

Bump4Beren!
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Talking Well Done and Thank you

very good information for players who are totaly new to AO thank you for your time and effort in this post well done again

theres a new tunnel added about 5(?) patches ago. so far that i know of it doesnt go anywhere instead it just shows a crashed train, and that theres a transporter type thing like at harrys to go to Pleasent Meadows.
    Trousers on pirate day: I says Arrrrrr!!!! While I Pee. Arrrrrr Peeeeee! Yarr!

The new tunnel Pillager mentioned doesnt go anywhere (yet?)

Bit of info Id like to add
    Quest items, randomly dropped by all humanoid mobs:
    -Burnt out memory Chip
    -Circuit board
    -Small power supply
    -Copper wire

Take all four items to Ergo, located in omni forest, or wailing wastes, will give you a SL ring which adds 1 point to several skills, which ones depends on your profession.

If you dont have SL, dont spend time looting these unless you intend to upgrade very soon

Note which mobs aggro on site, like the mugger and looter, and which mobs are "social", meaning they will gang up on you, if you aggro one, like the Strikers. Altho last time I went something changed with the Strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkintent
    Bit of info Id like to add
    Quest items, randomly dropped by all humanoid mobs:
    -Burnt out memory Chip
    -Circuit board
    -Small power supply
    -Copper wire

Take all four items to Ergo, located in omni forest, or wailing wastes, will give you a SL ring which adds 1 point to several skills, which ones depends on your profession.

If you dont have SL, dont spend time looting these unless you intend to upgrade very soon
    Already have something similar in there. Thanks anyways for the info.

Other Subway Guides

Just so we have it in one place. Here are a couple other subway links so they are all in one place:

AO Stratics
    AO Vault
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride!!!"
    Deathwalker / Deadcalm / Deathleech / Deathforce
    Tiger Claw is Recruiting

Discarded Pet isn't neutral?

Very odd.

Also, to those aspiring Subway conquerers - queer as it may sound - Eumenides is not a neutral PVPer. Very easy to think otherwise because of his name only being one word and following all rules of naming.

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Nice work Mal
    Probably "Parthelius" Hungover 220/30/70 Martial Artist
    Muff "Parthelia" Diver
    220/23/70 Trader
    Oh "Snippetty" Snap 218/22/67 Enforcer

President of Transcendence

Quote Originally Posted by FPopifex
    Nice work Mal
    Thanks Kanin.

And Sae, I wasn't quite sure whether the Discarded pet is neutral or not, yet I'm open for corrections and additions.

EDIT: And, thanks for the links you provided, WalkingDeath. I'll consider those.

EDIT2: You noticed that I have "Unknown damage infliction as of now." for a few mobs. That's because I didn't really check what damage they inflicted. Need input for those mobs with that line.
    Last edited by Berrenta; Mar 4th, 2006 at 03:08:55.

I think the slum runners do poison damage iirc
    Probably "Parthelius" Hungover 220/30/70 Martial Artist
    Muff "Parthelia" Diver
    220/23/70 Trader
    Oh "Snippetty" Snap 218/22/67 Enforcer

President of Transcendence

Quote Originally Posted by FPopifex
    I think the slum runners do poison damage iirc
    Updated. Thank you

Strike Foreman also drops Sol C Executioners, IIRC

[edit] A very well presented guide, good work!

Added the bosses--all of them. Still need info on the two cyborgs

If i remember correctly, the Cyborgs used to have a low drop chance of some parts of the Living Cyber Armor, but i don't know if it has changed... it has been a few months since i last checked them.

BTW, awesome guide for the new players

Quote Originally Posted by Narsarn
    If i remember correctly, the Cyborgs used to have a low drop chance of some parts of the Living Cyber Armor, but i don't know if it has changed... it has been a few months since i last checked them.

BTW, awesome guide for the new players
    Forgot about the living cyber. Just added info, thank you.

Bump4Beren!

Excellent guide.

One note; a new alt of mine killed the Vergil Aeniad about a half dozen times today and nothing dropped from him except Living Cyber Armor Pants and some useless weapon every time. I suppose that I could have been exceptionally unlucky, but nothing from your proposed loot table for him dropped for me.

OTOH, someone announced in OOC that Eumenides dropped a Transfusion Rifle.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast