Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wtb Refreshing FP

Refreshing FP

one thing we have all had happen to us is our FP die while in a fight.. the 20 min timer is not enough, but in some situations it is enough.
    what about the ability to refresh your FP, not into another profession but the one currently being used.
    Last edited by Funkling; Apr 5th, 2006 at 00:06:33.

I mentioned this before. FC dosnt hear the agent community on this subject. Dont think they even care about it anymore...

This is a recurring topic and has been posted in Suggestions many times. No progress so far...
    Finalizer Telperion 220/22
    Manager Laurellyn 125/5

Member of First Light

[Account Cancelled]

My agent can't mimic yet, but I can definately see this being a problem when I can. I hope FC one day lets this be an option. Maybe a nano or perk that allows it to auto refresh, or maybe make it last 1h and only 20 minutes of the nano can be hostile, so you can cancel it after 20
    Proud Member of [Transcendence]

well for one thing its sucks ass in long duels

not like FC will care

VV

Its All About The Phats.
    Bump for one of the many suggestions made on this subject.

FC, please dont leave us out to dry, we beg you. This is quite possibly one of the most irritating parts of the game ever.

Just to clarify, NOONE gets mad at the idea of being stuck in 1 proffession for 20 mins. Keep that. Not an issue.

What gets our rifles cocked is mimics ending in the middle of fights, or the hour of downtime that adds up EVERY DAY when i play my agent, because i have to stand around waiting for a mimic to end because i know i cannot accept the mimic running out in the middle of whatever im doing. So i wait, normally anything from 1 - 7 minutes, every 20 minutes for the mimic to end so i can recast before doing anything.

Comon Funcom, seriously - wake up and smell the coffee. Thats a crap way to be, really, really crap.

I always though the best idea for mimics was a self aura, with a hostile part that last 20 mins. If you cancel the aura inside the first 20 mins, the hostile recasts it. Once the hostile has ended, you can then end your mimic and go another profession.

The mimic aura itself could last anything up to 24hrs or more. That part really doesnt matter, and long as its a significant improvement on 20 friggin minutes.
    Acetsuntura (220]/21/70) - Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Israyne
    My agent can't mimic yet, but I can definately see this being a problem when I can. I hope FC one day lets this be an option. Maybe a nano or perk that allows it to auto refresh, or maybe make it last 1h and only 20 minutes of the nano can be hostile, so you can cancel it after 20

The funny thing is that mimic used to have a long duration(I think 1hr10m), then a bunch of agents complained and FC lowered the duration to the 20mins it is today.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Anti bump!!!

Then how am I spossed to kite until your doc runs out!?!?!?!
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak
    The funny thing is that mimic used to have a long duration(I think 1hr10m), then a bunch of agents complained and FC lowered the duration to the 20mins it is today.
    Yes, I remember that and that is ridiculous, but losing your FP in the middle of a fight is too. At least if you could cast over your mimic to refresh it..

Bump..
    Proud Member of [Transcendence]

Yeah, being able to refresh Mimic before it runs out would be the most basic improvement, even with a duration still set at 20 minutes... Even this would be greatly welcome.
    Manager Laurellyn 125/5

Member of First Light

[Account Cancelled]

Only reason I think they don't do it is so you'd cast sol for rrfe/os, other prof's for other buffs,and eventually doctor to go pvp

even though you can still do it it just takes long

Its All About The Phats.
    they're only suggesting that you can refresh the mimic you are already in, not so that you can cast any mimic at any time.

Personally, being able to refresh my current mimic would be all that is needed to put this issue to bed. Its more than likely that i will find time inside that 20 minutes to refresh it so that it doesnt run out at an awkward time. This to me seems to be the most ideal solution, as it will still require timing and a watchfull eye on the NCU window.

Bump!

I agree, it is very annoying when your team rebuffs 5 min before your mimic ends, and you know you need to recast mimic in the middle of a fight.

A change from:
    User Visual profession == Agent

to:
    ( User Visual profession == Agent OR User Visual profession == Doctor )
    AND User profession == Agent

would solve this.
    bump

Stop wasting time, FC clearly stated the FP is fased out. Nothing new regarding FP will be added. Ever.

Its All About The Phats.
    Stop wasting your own time then arguing against something you KNOW to be futile.

Or, leave us alone - and let us dream. Simple fix, major ramifications.

Quote Originally Posted by tehboot
    Stop wasting time, FC clearly stated the FP is fased out. Nothing new regarding FP will be added. Ever.
    You are happily quoting from the same devchat where it was said that NT's and Agents would be top damage dealers, and that agent would be top DD in a long fight, whereas NT's would run out of nano (LOL!) and have lots of problems keeping their pool filled. People may as well stop quoting that devchat in any context IMO it was 2 game directors ago. As it is we arent top DD, neither are NT's and I'll run out of energy ammo long before an NT empties their own nano pool
    Tenk (215/14) - Happy Omni-Tek Agent on TestLive
    Iranu (217/16) - Clan Agent on Rimor (my equipment)

*completely agrees with Tsun*

Bumpzor!
    Manager Laurellyn 125/5

Member of First Light

[Account Cancelled]

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkx
    You are happily quoting from the same devchat where it was said that NT's and Agents would be top damage dealers, and that agent would be top DD in a long fight, whereas NT's would run out of nano (LOL!) and have lots of problems keeping their pool filled. People may as well stop quoting that devchat in any context IMO it was 2 game directors ago. As it is we arent top DD, neither are NT's and I'll run out of energy ammo long before an NT empties their own nano pool
    BWAhAhAHHaHahAhahaHAhA xD

rofl I love this, time to make a new siggy *snip snip* =D :d
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Halp halp a prof i used too kill with 12345 just pwned me halp

You hit Bbyron for 1337 points of poison damage.Critical hit!
    Ninjamancer: 215/17 Neutral Opi Agent. (the ubermain) Equip
    Lightwielder: 190/9 Neutral Soli Keeper. (the uberalt)
    Kitsunekid: 60/6 Omni Soli Soldier. (the wtfuberalt) Equip
    Faefighter:Testserver Omni Opi MA. (Crit, Crit, Evade, Splat! )

Bump!

Sypheres
    Sypheres - Level 220 / 28 Doctor
    Syphertech - Level 220 / 16 Techno Arch-Wizard (apparently)
    Provox - Level 220 / 17 Soldier
    Dolarhyde - Level 220 / 17 Agent
    Vjeshtitza - Level 220 / 20 Shade

Server 1st!! First 220 Opifex Female Clan Doctor RK1/RK2!

No complaints about the agent profession yet, but would definitely like to see this improvement.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast