Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Legionaries in Borealis

Legionaries in Borealis

The meet and great with the Borealis mayor candidates also attracted a guest from a more unwelcome kind. A Legionary by the name of Sectator Triord showed up to follow the debates. “I am simply here to watch this debate” and “As a resident of Borealis, this debate affects me as well as anyone else.” A spectator by the way seems to be a follower; a disciple; an adherent to a sect.

More worrying about the situation was that most citizens didn’t recognize the signs of Legionaries being about to emerge. Some even thought that an alien attack was at hand.

Whenever you notice one of the following messages, it is a clear sign that one or more Legionaries are on the way and every precaution should be taken:

You hear a low humming interference over your comm.
    The interference ceases.
    When she left, the Legionary was followed trough the Newland whompa, out of the Newland west gate and towards the grid outside town. When questioned about the missing children, she was less then cooperative, but instead used her wrist dial to ask for assistance.

You hear a few blips cut in and interfere with your comm briefly, then cease.
    A low pulsating interference cuts into your comm.
    Six more Legionaries showed up, going by the names of Asons, Faillyne, Tephilbu, Dementius, Tuchulca and Narduk.

An ear-piercing screaching begins to interfere with your comm device.
    These attacked our little party, which was -needless to say- send to reclaim. Nevertheless, some data where gathered. I have good hopes that this data, with the help of the CoT -who have been working with us in investigating this threat- will give us some clues on the whereabouts of these criminals. It seems clear that they need the grid to travel around, investigation of the grid patterns might give us some answers.

The Legionaries are indeed a threat to all of us. I would like to ask the public to be aware of this, to report every sign of their presence and to do whatever necessary to halt their progress.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

So? we had two "possible" Legionaries at the election. The thing is, only when threatened did she call for reinforcements. It was something which was avoidable, and if treated in a more thoughtout manner could of provided us with a much more useful bit of intelligence gathering.

So? she's aligned with them. This could of been a much needed chance to try and negotiate the release of the kidnap victims. But no, we needed to get violent. I am sorry but I feel we could of used this situation a lot more positively than a personal punch up with the Legion.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Sure, next time I'll offer them flowers...
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko
    Sure, next time I'll offer them flowers...
    Maybe it'll work.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Well.... Threatening them is definetly a bad idea.. I thought everybody had figured that already *sighs*

You can't go about threatening megalomaniac pubertal spoiled brats that think they are some kind of gods if you want anything from them.
    Personally I never really want anything from them, from what I have gathered they live by their lust for power and need for attention.
    This kind of peeps is not too good an idea to corner.

I don't say you should bring flowers of course, but maybe you should try and not judge too early next time and actually try a peaceful approach?
    I know I'm asking much, they being nanomages and all, but try it... You might come to like it.
    Mains:
    Zoe Sorceress Zanter - 220 Nano Technician
    Member of The Union

Herbert Reanimater West - 165 Doctor
    Member of The Union

My Irregulars:
    Rippernova - 160 Trader
    Member of The Union

Yugoth - 135 Meta Physicist
    Member of The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress
    Personally I never really want anything from them, from what I have gathered they live by their lust for power and need for attention.
    This kind of peeps is not too good an idea to corner.
    you say personally... would it be wrong to think that you think different about this, on behave of you're organisation?

I don't say you should bring flowers of course, but maybe you should try and not judge too early next time and actually try a peaceful approach?
    I know I'm asking much, they being nanomages and all, but try it... You might come to like it.
    well it almost looks like you have experience with this rather... peacefull appraoch. perhaps you can tell us a little bit more?

I don't understand something...

If there was a legionairre at the meeting, why didn't someone call some group for an arrest or capture. This is a person that is part of a group that has 26 children kidnapped, having already killed several and you all just let it stay there peacefully and watch?

:::::Uploads data to CoT:::::

Quote Originally Posted by Astera

If there was a legionairre at the meeting, why didn't someone call some group for an arrest or capture. This is a person that is part of a group that has 26 children kidnapped, having already killed several and you all just let it stay there peacefully and watch?
    *reads the previous message and thinks

see! the neutrals pretend they are a "faction" of their own and that they are ready to stand on their own feet but when a situation occurs like this, the one good oppertunity to arrest and interrogate a suspect of these vicious childmurdering crimes, they all flee with their tails between their legs back into their backyards, even worse is that some of those "neutrals" even try to defend these criminals. yes indeed it's a good thing to have a organisation in you're town who actually supports the murdering of you're children... but then again, I think terrorist atracts terrorists.
    Bravo Neutrals! *

There are other ways to gather information. It didn’t quite turn out the way I hoped it would, but as said, we did manage to get some data. This was by the way shared with those concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaupin
    see! the neutrals pretend they are a "faction" of their own and that they are ready to stand on their own feet but when a situation occurs like this, the one good oppertunity to arrest and interrogate a suspect of these vicious childmurdering crimes, they all flee with their tails between their legs back into their backyards, even worse is that some of those "neutrals" even try to defend these criminals. yes indeed it's a good thing to have a organisation in you're town who actually supports the murdering of you're children... but then again, I think terrorist atracts terrorists.
    Bravo Neutrals!
    If I see how OP doesn’t even manage to keep order in Omni land, if I see how Omni-Tek seems to be a feeding ground for the Dust Brigade and since your glorious BoD doesn’t even allow you to work together with Clans and neutrals on this issue, you’re about the last who should criticize any action.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach
    So? she's aligned with them. This could of been a much needed chance to try and negotiate the release of the kidnap victims. But no, we needed to get violent. I am sorry but I feel we could of used this situation a lot more positively than a personal punch up with the Legion.
    I understand this Nya. However, we were NOT the ones to get violent. Yarko asked to speak with her, she said yes and lead us around the corner so her Legionaries could beat us down. You were there and you saw what happened.

Well.... Threatening them is definetly a bad idea.. I thought everybody had figured that already *sighs*
    I have learned this well. That's why I spoke out as I did. Yet most there didn't seem to care. It is utterly amazing that weeks were spent after the kidnappings talking about how we should all work together to find answers. Most did nothing, some even defended them.

We, and I mean everyone, had the opportunity to find out more information. Yet people just wanted to tell me to STFU. Even people who spent the better part of the meet and greet, mooning the candidates.

I just don't understand.

Collodion

Thank you for the update Yarko, I'm sure your observations will help us in the future if the Legion tries to act out against Neutrals.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko
    There are other ways to gather information. It didn’t quite turn out the way I hoped it would, but as said, we did manage to get some data. This was by the way shared with those concerned.
    Whatever you say. Whats next? Why not let the Lord Marshall of the DB run for mayor?

Whatever you say. Whats next? Why not let the Lord Marshall of the DB run for mayor?
    Well, it seems criminals rule the cities of Rubi-Ka anyway, take Tir for example.

Let's be serious Astera, I doubt things would be different if a Legionary shows up in Athen Old. 99% of the population wouldn't recognize them either and by the time someone does it would be to late. And even the Clans, with their multitude of resources, haven't been able to do anything about them.

Sooner or later they will make a mistake and then we'll get them.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender

I aggree, The Legionaires are a threat to everybody, just as the Dust Brigade is. The more information we can get on them and cirulate among all those who wish to put them down the more prepared we will be for attacks.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

*sighs*

Ok ... we had a legionaire at the meetings. Now here is my thinking:

- If Yarko you indeed know she was one, why provoke her. If she did believe she was undetected or covert (as she made no hostile initial actions and was not fitting the extremist profile actions), we may have just blown a HUGE opportunity on our side to either follow them to their hide out, or even plant a tracking device on them.

You're telling me there was not one agent at the entire meeting that may have been skilled enough able to plant something on her. There are times to be agressive, and times to be more subtle about actions. Personally I feel by provoking her, we exposed and got rid of our upper hand and possibly finding the children. Whom are most likely already dead and buried in the emptiness of the Perpetual Wastelands.

- If Yarko had suspected something was up with this girl, why would he ever agree to be led into an allie ... I would think he wouldn't fall for that.

- From my initial reports (pending more information I should get very soon), I hear Yarko and Collodion were very aggressive and provoked her to call in her buddies. If this was true that was an extremely dangerous and STUPID thing to do. Yarko, you are a public figure, god forbid something happens to you .. what then .. you leave a big hole in your own city of Newland and do a diservice to your citizens by possibly having them lose someone with a tremendous amount of knowledge. I wouldn't be surprised if now one day we find your insurance was strangely voided and you turn up missing.

I don't know if this well end up coming to bite us in the butt come the future, but in my heart I feel we just lost a huge opportunity which may have provided us with a significant upper hand on them.
    Last edited by SirNegs; Apr 18th, 2006 at 03:34:34.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

You need better reports.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender

ouch. shot from the neut.

Do you really want a Sentinel argument here or do you want to stay on topic and explain to the families of the kidnapped and murdered children why anyone let that thing leave alive?

See the mote in one's brother's eye and not the beam in one's own.

You started it. As I said, look at your own side first and then criticise another.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender

Now hold on all, Just because someone has affeliations with another it does not make them one of them. Your all Jumping to the conclusion Troird was a Ligionarie and just because she called for help and the Ligionaries assisted her does not make her one herself. Anyone read her badge as who she was apart of? Yarko for one who wrote the Neutral Maifesto, and to you yourself go against it very words should be ashamed of yourself. A political figure acting like a fool and pushing away brains for for what you saw as a easy target. I am glad I am not a citizen of Newland! You are loseing respect left and right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast