Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Alien Playfield - Public Stress Testing

New Alien Playfield - Public Stress Testing

As mentioned in recent updates the new alien playfield is now on the test dimension... however this time out we want to try something a little different.

One thing that the last alien playfields showed was that no amount of closed testing was a good substitute for seeing what happened when we let people loose on the playfields on the live dimensions. We simply find issues that closed testing just isn't always suited to picking up.

Likewise we understand that players dont always feel like levelling a character on test and dedicating the time to the systems we have on test (thats not a complaint, we fully understand why people just want to actually play!), and as much as we love our test community, and cannot give them enough credit for the job they do, we know that these scale of playfields will really benefit from having hundreds of players test them rather then dozens.

So this time round we thought that we would do things a little differently to allow us to get an even better picture of any possible issues.

With this in mind we are going to be doings some public stress testing on the live dimensions. The content itself will be patched to the live dimensions next week (we will be patching the pet issues fixes so it will go in the same patch), but the playfield will remain closed. Next weekend (I'll announce the exact details next week) the playfield will be opened for the public with a character of the relevant level to enter the playfield and participate in the testing for a certain period of time (probably for six to eight hours or so), and we will be watching to observe and see what happens.

Characters will get to keep any axp / exp they earn during the testing, but we may restrict item drops, the exact details will be announced next week, but you will be able to bring your favourite high level character and dive right in!

The playfield will then be closed again pending any tweaks and corrrections the testing shows is needed, and we might do another round of testing depending on what we see before we open the playfield permanently.

We thought about this very carefully and considered the feedback from the last set of alien playfields, when we had to 'hotfix' a couple of issues after the content went live, and feel that using this method for final testing will give you guys a great feedback opportunity without the frustration of knowing your efforts may be frustrated by unforseen issues when the content is 'live'.

I'll post the full details and times next week but wanted to give you all a heads up
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Let me be the first to say.... GREAT!!!

Then a question: Do we have to farm up the full key set to get into this test period, or will the need for a key be disabled? or will all that needs simply get a key?

I wanna be there, but I'm not sure I have the time to farm all the keys in time though. (Should have done it long ago, I know)

I really hope this works out the way you intend for it to do, and you get the positive expirience to use this method of testing on other new material suited for it.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Yes, the intention is that it will tested be 'as if' it was going live, so you'll need to meet the requirements for entry I'd imagine.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Sounds like a plan.
    ಠ_ಠ

*faints*

Sounds great!
    Redliner
    1/0 Solitus Martial Artist, Atlantean.
    Dead, buried, never to return.

want to tell us what the key parts out so we can make sure to have them in advance, speculation is that they are the 3 data cores from current playfields. is this true?
    Acardia Level 220 Pistolero- hit 220 in Org City
    Adolphus Level 215 Dictator
    Festamus Level 220 Hammer Swinging trox with pets

Before you loose everything it's good to realize that life is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by acardia
    want to tell us what the key parts out so we can make sure to have them in advance, speculation is that they are the 3 data cores from current playfields. is this true?
    Well you can trade the datacores for Encrypted Kyr'Ozch Keys at the unicorn admin guy. Its safe to assume that this is what we need. I just wonder if we need all 3 of them or just one and the other 2 are meant for any future sectors.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by acardia
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Ganiscol
    Well you can trade the datacores for Encrypted Kyr'Ozch Keys at the unicorn admin guy. Its safe to assume that this is what we need. I just wonder if we need all 3 of them or just one and the other 2 are meant for any future sectors.
    All 3

sounds interresting.
    U have to enjoy the fight to be really good.
    Devil Artemisv Hellcaster (retired)
    Warconfig
    usual PVMConfig
    Nosferatu Erinyes Alucard
    Devil Zyankali Advocate
    Yamaeda: Three Cyberdecks for the Opifex-kings under the sky, Seven for the Atrox-lords in their halls of notum, Nine for Nanomage doomed to die, One for the Dark Lady on her dark throne In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live. One Cyberdeck to rule them all, One Deck to find them, One Deck to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live.

"GM Santaki: If you are worried about being banned you should email support and explain that you are not involved in any exploiting. "

Lovely, we've been starving for new content
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

sounds like a good idea. maybe i ought to level some more often :P
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

oh awesome :P

I will definately be there if I'm on at the time, sounds like it will be great fun

*applauds FC for a great idea*

BTW....silliron forgot to add...that they will be fixing the lag too ^^
    WOUNT YOU ?
    kkthxbb

i just can't wait for new APF :P ( no really i can't )
    Will test on a friends account....cuz my account is cancelled due to lag :P
    Trussafoobik 215/21 Omni Fixer Equipment Pic
    Afnoks 209/14 Omni Engineer Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Odewad
    The lag is as bad as advertised. And guess what...?? I can reproduce it.
    The lag is at it's worst right after I log on ... and seems to get better right after I log off.

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    One thing that the last alien playfields showed was that no amount of closed testing was a good substitute for seeing what happened when we let people loose on the playfields on the live dimensions. We simply find issues that closed testing just isn't always suited to picking up.

Likewise we understand that players dont always feel like levelling a character on test and dedicating the time to the systems we have on test (thats not a complaint, we fully understand why people just want to actually play!), and as much as we love our test community, and cannot give them enough credit for the job they do, we know that these scale of playfields will really benefit from having hundreds of players test them rather then dozens.
    This is impressive to say the least. As a quality engineer, I applaud FC's step in the right direction. Ultimately, your customer will tell you what is wrong with your product, not some test lab. Gratz for listening to the voice of your customer.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I can only find 1 major flaw with this.... and that is that i'll most likely be away then

*Applauds FC though*

WTB this way of doing things for most future content.

I honestly have to agree with Gelanin.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Great idea!

Omnicom's raiders will be looking forward to this!
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn
    Great idea!

Omnicom's raiders will be looking forward to this!
    Ugh :/

Nothing against you Glarawyn(or anyone else for that matter), but this is one thing i've been afraid of.....

Bots moving into new content from the get-go..... single-player AO, here we come (atleast thats what i predict)

Anyways, i just hope the anti-zerg mechanics mentioned earlier by FC will work well enough to prevent zerging by group of people.

So... is it a free for all, or will there be some kind of contest/lottery to see who gets first go? ^^

But this sounds like an awesome move, only surpassable by letting us dupe our toons onto test like the professionals (ah we can dream )

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast