Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jenae "Tussa" Godfray resigns from the Council of Truth Staff -- CoT Meeting, 29 Apr

Jenae "Tussa" Godfray resigns from the Council of Truth Staff -- CoT Meeting, 29 Apr

Tir, Atlantean, Rubi-ka (29 Apr, 29480)

At Saturday's Council of Truth meeting, Jenae "Tussa" Godfray announced her resignation from the council staff. Ms. Godfray will continue to represent Assembly on the Council and will support the gridforum. The June council meeting will be her last day on the council staff.

In other staff changes, Eleanor Kiamarli was appointed by the legacy clans to head up the Council of Truth's counter-terrorism operations.

In pursuit of further diplomatic relations with neutral factions, Lady "Xaun" Miyamoto from the Aethyr Knights was selected to represent the general council in meetings with the Newland City Council. Mr. Fayelure will expand diplomacy with an official request to for the Newland Council to obtain and share information from the NLF regarding the Legionnaires.

The Legacy clans remain undecided on who will represent them at meetings with Omni-Tek or the Newland City Council. Omni-Tek remains silent regarding the Council of Truth's offer for a meeting.

To join or learn more about the Council of Truth, visit their gridsite at http://www.counciloftruth.org/.
    Fayelure,
    President of 3305 Local.

I wonder about this...
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

"This" is a very vague word.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

*reads the message and leans back in his chair, contemplating*

So....Miss Godfray has stepped down. Interesting....
    Seth "Pestillence" Walrus
    Proud member of
    ~ Society of Salvation ~
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who Shall Guard The Guardians?

Quote Originally Posted by Pestillence
    *reads the message and leans back in his chair, contemplating*

So....Miss Godfray has stepped down. Interesting....
    Indeed, I don't know much about what is going on, but last night in Borealis I overheard some talking about somekind of internal strife going on inside the Council ... I can give you more specific info on what I heard in person, Pesti. Being hearsay, if it is not true then I would not like to post it on this public channel as it may be detrimental to the Clans as a whole.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

It is most sad that she is stepping down. However, her years of service to the council are to be commended. She served the clans well in her time and I for one am thankful she has carried a torch as long as she has.

So long as so many ideals are represented in the Council of the Clans there will always be discussion. Some more heated than others. But business as usual I assure you. As for her reasonings for stepping down I would not speculate.

Internal strife in the council has hardly been a secret, Negs, but I personally find it troublesome that the leader of one of the bigger Pro-Sentinel orgs out there suddenly steps down without more clarification of reasons.
    Proud member of
    ~ Society of Salvation ~

She doesn't need to justify retiring. It never occured to anyone that maybe she wanted a break from responsibility?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

You are, as always, my dear Cathern, quite correct. I just wonder what the Council will do next, that is all.
    Proud member of
    ~ Society of Salvation ~

Speculation about council intentions is not a worthwhile prusuit. Internal stuggle and strife is the only thing they tend to know. How can the rebels ever expect to rule if they can't even govern themselves and their passions. It seems the building blocks to the fall of the council are already being placed. It is only a matter of time before, once again, they crumble and the corporation pounces on the chance to end their long time rivals.
    May the sands wash away your sins

I'd tell you to shut it, Phoney, but I once learned a parrot doesn't shut up when it's told to. In fact, they sort of get screechier the more you hassle them. While that's amusing to some people, I never found it satisfying.

Jen states her reasons on the Council of Truth gridforums. That says about everything. Internal strife? Pfft, sure. It's pretty normal that things and topics sometimes run hot inside the Truth Tower. What's bloody new about that?

Of course, this is a good example of what happens when someone puts something in a headline. It becomes the primary topic, and when the actual text fails to deliver the reasons (stated elsewhere), the speculations come in...

Heh. Oh, whatever. Amuse me further.

[Edit for flawed gramm4r!]
    Last edited by Ragunn; May 4th, 2006 at 22:01:35.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

I figured I would say something concerning this, since it seems to be everyone's business that I'm stepping down from the clerical staff to serve as a regular representative for my clan. I have stated my reasons where it matters, namely to the Council. There is no hocus pocus behind it, and Vix is essentially right that I want a break.

What you choose to do with one feather is up to you. Make five, ten, fifteen chickens out of it if that's what you want, but at the end of the day it'll still just be a feather.

Oh no!!! Jen resigned !! The Clan are going to Die!
    Assembly is fighting and hating each other and breaking up! We are all going to die! OT is going to own us all !!

*Grins evily*

i'm with kotts on this one. It's all an evil plot and the CoT is falling apart. Silverstone now allows neuts in tir and zora is secretly working with the Vanguard in the biggest credit scheme ever. After that, Vixentrox is really head of Omni-Reform. She uses the agent nano programs to become Eva Pourais in her spare time. Radiman is now toting a gun and hanging out with Commander Fisk and eventually the clans will join forces with the cyborgs to over-run Avalon with Midia as their leader. Sir Tristam, Humbold and Aideen Landau run a omni-funded version of the dust brigade named "Legionairres" while Dabblez and I will make RUR the new Omni-Tek where we plan to buy out the lease from the ICC and then flood the market with robots. The robots will jump to conclusions over nothing so all of you will be out of a job..

...I think I said too much.

(( :P we're going to miss you, Jen. ))
    Last edited by Astera; May 5th, 2006 at 17:10:12.

LMFAO!!! OMG that was great thank you Taren.. that was stupendous..

Quote Originally Posted by Astera

...I think I said too much.
    *listens to clan transmissions and takes notes with a serious expression*
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

TAREN! Don't give away all the secrets of the Council's plans of world domination!

*stifles a chuckle*

*reads Taren's message and chuckles*

Always was a bit of a strange one, weren't you.
    Proud member of
    ~ Society of Salvation ~

*falls over laughing*

Darn it Taren....now they know why I really carry a riding crop around!
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast