Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soloing Help

Soloing Help

A lot of this will also apply to PvP but I'm specifically trying to help keepers who are struggling to solo stuff which really they should have no difficulty with - this is aimed really at people 210+ with things like inferno dynas and notum scourges but much can apply as useful to other levels.

So let's take a look at this. This is a first rough draft, I'll edit in links and give more detail as I work on it, forgive the sometimes vague data at first, all will be clarified.

Perk Setup:

Blessing 10 - essential
    Bioshieldoing 10 - essential
    AoR 10 - makes life easier but not essential
    Reaver 10 - desirable

Chances are if you have AoR trained to 10 at this level then you won't experience any difficulties as such, but it'll nerf your offence by quite a lot so I'm not going to necessarily recommend it unless you're pure pvm and even then not worried about damage.

Armour Setup:
    Would recommend anything which boosts hitpoints and evades. The other bonuses aren't so important actually. Evades aren't as essential in PvM as they are in PvP and there's definately more of a bias towards needing extra hitpoints so long as you are capable of healing it. If you have 14k+ hitpoints then you are fine, anything more than that is simply a bonus. Pitch for around 15k if you can.

Rings, I always would suggest going for HHaB to prevent nukes, and if the boss doesn't nuke, go for +damage rings.

Bracers, sadly because the mobs change damage type so often, not much point in reflect bracers, stick with aruls for the hp and damage boost.

Nanos:
    Outside buffs are lovely things. Doc HP and essence are great if you can get them, also OS from a soldier is a handy thing, you'll be at full defence all the time, so anything which can boost your inits will be a huge help. Crit buffing also handy. Make sure you're casting the best nanos you can, aura choice while soloing should be nano to buff then hp during fights. imminence is better than ward or reflect, and of course damage aura.

Get the best reaper you can, the heal can be fantastic (it's saved me many times)

Abilities:
    Push that stamina to get the fastest heal-delta you can, that includes boosting your symbiants to maximise the passive healing potential.

Essential items:
    Reflect Graft - Single biggest solo-ability-enhancing item that there is. It {Edited by Bbyron - Removed posible Exploit chat } gives a very reasonable 13% reflect on yourself. You can roll these or find a friendly 200 fixer to blitz one for you - expect to pay about 5-15m depending on who you talk to. I rolled about 20 once and just gave them out to all my friends who didn't have them. Lowering the damage taken by 13% is a fantastic way to help survive

First aid kits - We have very cheap first aid, and it's in our symbiants - there is no excuse to not use the best first aid stims or spirits that we can find. With some skill lock modifiers littered throughout various pieces of armour, you can make it co-incide with lay-on-hands to really boost the impact of that segment of your healing.

So, the fight sequence and healing sequence made easy:
    1. The pull
    I'm not going to go into detail on this, everyone does it differently. I simply proximity pull whilst killing off any adds in the way first, i'm like that - i like to hit stuff. Some people use DoT rings and run halfway across the zone with a train, not really something I do.

2. Start of fight
    Having pulled your mob, it starts to hit on you, wait to get to around 40% health and slam your biococoon on. If you have trained for street samurai at all then fire off your devotional armour simultaneously, that way the cocoon will last longer.

3. Your passive healing behind cocoon should bring you up to around 60% before the cocoon drops, the moment it does, fire off "lay on hands" and first aid. Have the AoE cocoon heal ready also, when you get back down to around 60% use that and watch your passive healing working.

4. If you dip to 40%, hit curing touch, you should have enough time now for another cocoon recycle but don't use it!

5. Instead use the Bio10 HoT when you're at 40% again. It's fantastic and will allow almost all your perks to recycle ready for another batch should the mob last that long.

6. if they get you to 40%ish hit cocoon and pretty much recycle around the sequence of fighting again, this is tried and tested as the best method there is, so don't be shy to use it - it does work, although it's a little scarey at times to fire off stuff so soon.

Key tip to remember: The earlier you use it in a fight, the quicker it recycles. That's why I fire cocoon off early, it gives it plenty of time to recycle whilst the other stuff is available.

That may seem very basic to many of the readers, but I'm just trying to give people tips to get into good habits. Will add to this as I think of more and pretty it up/add links etc. Hope it helps someone though.

Traj.
    Last edited by Bbyron; Jan 22nd, 2007 at 11:49:26.
    Tsunameh
    First Savior of Rimor. Former keeper professional.
    Tsunameh

Legends sometimes come back to haunt their enemies.

Playing WoW as a facemelter.

if possible, choose your battle field so you can take advantage of Line of Sight, trees hills rocks and walls can work to your advantage, if you need to kite, make sure you have enough runspeed, Ring of Haste, 1k Token Board/Cyborg board, Calias Wolf for almost 800 more runspeed.

run aoParser and look at the damage you took, choose reflect bracer after what damage type has taken most of your HP

Ring of Luck - Defencive might be better than a damage ring

use first aid stims before heal perks, since perks lock the use of first aid stims

dimach, its there and can save your life

if you are out of heals and only bioregrowth is left, be aware of the long apply time and that most mobs in that class can hit for 4-5k

Fixer HoT and enginer AC are also handy bufs, so is Calias form Wolf from advys

remember that the shield from the reflect graft is reset if you zone or logout, apply it just before your fight

Thank you for some of that, I'll add some in when i get back from the shops...

Still really not convinced about reflect bracers though. I did a few checks with wearing various of them on rk2 and the shorter fight from having the arul seemed more efficient than the damage blocked because of the annoying changes in damage types.

That was quite some time ago, perhaps they've stopped cycling quite so much... I hope that's the case as it'll make life much easier!
    Tsunameh
    Tsunameh

I'd say experience and knowledge counts for pretty much more than anything else. You got to die a few times to know how to kill different mobs as there is no "one strategy that fits all". For instance Scourges have fairly low HP, so are best killed by simply piling as much damage at them, and not holding back on perks because the scourge will probably die before they recycle. Merlin dragons on the other hand require you to space out your perks and play more conservatively. Also knowing which mobs nuke and which don't helps. Knowing how and where to pull mobs to is important, as pulling is the point where it is easiest to die in my experience.

I'd also add the IS DoT and Blind rings as useful items to have.

As for reflects, it seems that most stuff in inferno hits for Fire, Radiation and Melee damage and do Radiation and Poisin nukes (based on my soloing over the last few weeks). So I agree that reflect bracers are probably not as useful in the long run as aruls.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Evade bracers are nice at lower levels. I like ado rings of Power/Force too.
    blah

Devotional Armour is a Blessing Perk Action, not from the Street Samurai line. Also the reflect graft limits your maximum reflect possible so DA will not be as effective.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Trajal
    Thank you for some of that, I'll add some in when i get back from the shops...

Still really not convinced about reflect bracers though. I did a few checks with wearing various of them on rk2 and the shorter fight from having the arul seemed more efficient than the damage blocked because of the annoying changes in damage types.

That was quite some time ago, perhaps they've stopped cycling quite so much... I hope that's the case as it'll make life much easier!
    well its been a while since I botherd soloing stuff that wasn't grey to me, but it might be based on chance anyway, do you get critted or not at the crucial time, or does the mob nuke you for 5k or not when you are at 30-50% health. I figure since most is based on chance and you are wearing damage rings, MoR, Spirit Shroud and pred circlet for more crits, loosing 1 saba for reflecting some damage might not be a bad option, especialy if you are trying to kill something on the edge of your abilities and have to kite a bit to regain the use of perks and heal up, defence will be more valuble than offence

I guess its a balance, only way is to try it out and see what works best for you

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka
    Devotional Armour is a Blessing Perk Action, not from the Street Samurai line. Also the reflect graft limits your maximum reflect possible so DA will not be as effective.
    That's completely wrong..you're thinking about max reflected damage. Not the reflect itself. The reflect itself can go as high as you want, and the max reflected damage doesn't have anything at all to do with how much damage you're acctually reflecting, it only shows the reflect damage you give away when getting hit. ( ugly sentence).

Lemme try to put it another way. Lesser Deflection Shield (extended) has a 13% reflect, and a 7 max reflected damage. Meaning that you reflect 13% of the damage, and reflect 7 damage back to whoever is attacking you. It does NOT limit the reflect, it only reflects damage BACK to whatever is hitting you. So it does not limit the devotational armor reflect perk.

Phew.
    Edis - Level 220 AI29 - Atrox, Keeper.
    Azazel0 - Level 220 AI17 - Solitus, Adventurer.
    Deadbaby - Level 216 AI20 - Opifex, Agent

I have a 220 atrox keeper and my curetnt setup is:

10 bio,10 reaver,10 blessing and 10 holy

i think holly is better then aor for soling as i notice when i use all holly mark line i don't get hit so often by 250 mobs..+200 evade clsc /100 dodge/duck is nice.

anyway with this set up i can solo anything in inferno but lotv/xark/razor.
    i can even solo kur the pen cata boss.i am using add energy bracer didn't bother geting reflect bracer... .When i wana kill a mob that might pwn me i start looking for a place to kitte then go to the mob ,pull with is/totw dot ring and start killing.if i am out of heal perks/cocoon and my hp is going fast i always start kitte before my hp goes lower then half.i never risk even if takes a bit more time to kill ,i wana make sure i can do it.Anansi left and right hand also anasi abertor i was pulling them to sorrw statue as i had a good place to kitte there.pulling them there was a real pain but if i managed to bring them to statue they were easy.for Kur i kitted like crazy as i didn't want to get any hits from him,just nukes.that was the hardest mob i soloed.Nukes for 5k+ every 20 sec or so so need to avoid geting normal hits and try outheal the nukes.was a pain but i did it in 20-25 mins:P.
    To pull anansi hands /abetor i always use reflect graft then run to mob ,hit Devotional Armor ,target mob,perk him with painlnace(adds a lil dot and sometimes after i use dot ring mobs don't move ,that';s why i use 1 perk 1st) then i use dot ring and run till i lose agg and wait for the mob to come to me.After he came close to me i alpha it then run with mob to statue tring to avoid geting agg from those chimeras,demons and mortigs that are otw to sorrw statue:P also and making sure mob is following me.Force Opponent and Break can be used for pulling/keeping agg wile u try to pull to a kitte spot.I died few times on hard mobs till i realized that is safer to kitte like crazy when heal perks are down and wait for them to be availbe then start to hit the mob again.

Instead of those evade bracers,i prefer hp bracers for soling .
    Pen scourges-i tried them for 1st time at 215 .easy till tehy start poping wile i was allready tring to kill 1 and got pwnt.after few death like that i quit tring to get sprit shroud and tried again at 219.At taht lvl pen scourges are easy the problem is those undergroud ones can't be puled.I asked an org engi to help me with /pet hunt and worked.one of those undergroud mobs drop it.
    Inf dragons -tried them at 215.the ones i could pull to a kitte place i pulled them there even if i didn't need to kitte somtimes i just wanted to make sure i will survive in case i have problems.The ones i couldn't pull to a kitte place i tried to pull them to a placwe with no adds and in case heals were out,cocoon out and my hp going down -used dot ring and ran a bit till some perks are a up.

I never use cocoon when i have heal perks up.Usualy i use it when all perks are down and my hp is like 8k.If heal perkls are not up when when cocoon is down dot ring and ran a bit till they are up.

Somtimes dynas that u farm every day with no problems u will see that somtimes they start hiting u like crazy.Even now at 220 sometimes i have problems with dragons.90% of times i kill this dragons just need to use Bio Rejuvenation and Lay on Hands.Sometimes tehy start hiting my like crazy,hp is going down fast and need to use all heal perks,even cocoon.Heard some keepers have same problems(geting hit like crazy by mobs thay usualy they don't have problems killing )

anyway just woke up going to eat hope u understand something from wtf i wrote(my english sux):P

Err right about dev armour being blessing - sorry, was thinking of blade whirlwind there and got mixed up.

But reflect graft absolutely does not limit maximum reflect possible in the slightest. 13% reflect, 9 reflect damage - no penalty other than NCU and a short timelock.
    Tsunameh
    Tsunameh

Quote Originally Posted by Trajal
    Err right about dev armour being blessing - sorry, was thinking of blade whirlwind there and got mixed up.

But reflect graft absolutely does not limit maximum reflect possible in the slightest. 13% reflect, 9 reflect damage - no penalty other than NCU and a short timelock.
    Ok, I'll take a look in game but you're probably right. I'm most likely thinking in the wrong direction... :/ Oh well

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Smile

Great post...
    I have been looking a lot for something like this... This thread should be listed in the "Keeper guides".
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

I'll add it to the sticky.
    Edis - Level 220 AI29 - Atrox, Keeper.
    Azazel0 - Level 220 AI17 - Solitus, Adventurer.
    Deadbaby - Level 216 AI20 - Opifex, Agent

I've seen Tsunameh use this strategy to solo Ownz, he's awesome!
    Chevastagaz 220/30 Keeper (Damage maniac) Setup
    Herogimpus2 220/15 Doc
    Corraya 220/20 Keeper (PvP n00b Keeper) Setup
    Dragondar 220/7 NT

Thanks for the experience, have solo'd stuff other ways and found myself left with little time to fire off cocoon , blessing or bio regen, next time i try somthing tough i'll give this technique a try, i like the way DA adds with cocoon and firing it off first to get it cycled back fast, i used to use it as a last resource =)

DA cancels reflect grafts effects upon casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Righteous
    DA cancels reflect grafts effects upon casting.
    What are you talking about? It so doesn't...

They -stack- just like DA stacks with rrfe...
    Tsunameh
    Tsunameh

I don't get it either.

DA stacks with other reflects just fine, including the commonly used graft.

Stuff like TMS/NS overwrites other reflects, but DA doesn't.
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

I find it useful to bring my mp and put morti on my keeper.

That tip was for free

Upupa (220/20/60) Valhall Guardians. equip
    Tantal (220/25/68) Atrox Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Upupa
    I find it useful to bring my mp and put morti on my keeper.

That tip was for free
    It isn't quite soloing then imo.

For me, soloing is selfbuffed and not using kiting.

In the middle of perk reset on my second keeper, so will see later what I'm able to solo.
    Chevastagaz 220/30 Keeper (Damage maniac) Setup
    Herogimpus2 220/15 Doc
    Corraya 220/20 Keeper (PvP n00b Keeper) Setup
    Dragondar 220/7 NT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast