Thread: *****Trader Twink! READ ME FIRST******

*****Trader Twink! READ ME FIRST******

Welcome to the Trader Twink guide 101

Disclaimer: I do not like lowbie trader twinks. I have made a few just out of pure curiosity. This is not an end all guide, just something to help you get the ball rolling. I have created this for one reason, to stop questions asked and answered ten thousand times over on this forum. Experience in the field is the true way to learn things. Try your own setup, this is only here as a base guide!

Let us begin with the most popular trader twink, the level 21-25.

Breed:
    There is no real pref here (nanomage is a myth btw). Maybe opifex because of the ability to make CL implants agil based. I did mine as Atrox loooong ago (since deleted). The ammount of NCU you will end up with makes getting 4k+ HP easy so any breed works here,

Weapon:
    There is a debate on which weapon works the best in this level range. Your main choices would be a stgy, frost scythe, pump trainee//master, or high QL X-3.
    Note: if you do go rifle, putting on a QL 275 scope is easy with a bit of clan soli SB and makes getting a higher QL weap on sooo much easier
    Stgy//frosty:
    Pro's: They dont have to be camped or bought for a large sum of money. They hit hard and get the job done.
    Cons: Root anyone?
    Ranged:
    Pro's: Shoot when you are rooted, great damage.
    Con's: Cost of a pump.
    Its all how you want to play, Melee tend to drop towers quicker than ranged (not always) but get rooted and you are ineffective against a ranged person.

Skills to Raise:
    Abilities:
    All depends on what armor you want.
    Weapon skills:
    Same as above
    Nano Skills:
    PM, SI, and T&S
    Other's:
    CL is a must, evades can be skipped unless you have spare IP, then distribute accordingly, Conceal if you have spare, and enough vehicle air to put lowest QL yalm on for quicker travel (not needed but handy)

Laddering Drains. What is it? And how do I do it?
    Laddering drains is casting a drain, divest//ransack you can self, to raise your nano skills high enough to cast the next drain in the line. Start out with the drains you can cast with a MP buff (mastery//infuse//moch) and work your way up the line, casting new drains to be able to cast better drains to get the nano skills to cast a high QL nano, mainly our CL buffs.

NCU:
    This seems to be a tricky thing for most people. I will try to do a step by step walkthrough by memory right now for a 6slot belt. First thing you must realize, we have huge CL buffs but the downside is that they last only 60 seconds (longer than it takes to equip//unequip a belt) and you can not cast while putting the belt on//off. So how do we overcome this? Get a belt with a fast equip time, thats how. Blackmaine's belt from noob isle is once such belt but only 2 slots. The trader utility belt from Drake in the SL starter area is another blet and the one i used.
    Now all you need to do is some simple calcs to find out what QL Comp Lit. implants you can fit into. 50's work but you cut it close, 80's are no prob on an opifex. You can do all that yourself, and if you need help on it, you shouldnt make a twink :P Ok! we have our implants now what? Put them in silly!! Now you can get a few CL items (links comming soon) like the +5 hat from Zoftig Blimp in Hope.
    Now do some calcs and figure out your top QL NCU you can put in. with the first CL buff, Frequent Customer +55, and go shop hunting to find a few. Now if you find something you like buy 6 of them. Uberstuff! when i have a 3slot belt on why would i want 6 NCU?!?!? Well what happens when you delete the NCU straight from your deck and made a miscalc in CL and have to start over? Just a easier way to do things! Now put thoes 3 NCU in. If you need more NCU (always helpful) toss a set of carb on or 2 Subway NCU rings to help with the squeeze.
    Our goal here is the CL req for a QL 160 6slot belt (351 req.) GO buy ransack//deprive nanos because it is stacking time! Buy them all or just do some calcs if you are not lazy and find the ones you need. You will also want the Bulk Trader nano, +160 CL, NCU you can put in once you cast the 160+ buff, and a MP that has afew spare mins to help you out.
    Now the actual process:
    Make friends with a MP and head to a backyard. Find a grey mob and it is time to work! First off get a PM//T&S infuse from the MP. Now start laddering drains until you get 456+ PM and 366+ SI. Once you acheive that, cancel the T&S infuse, get a SI infuse and cast the CL buff. Immediatly after this delete your 3 NCU in your belt slots, unequip the Trader Utility belt, and equip the 6 slot belt. This takes 70secs so your CL buff is going to run out, just dont jump and cancel the equip process of the belt. Congrats! you just put a 6slot belt on!!!one!1!
    Now arent you happy you bought 6 of the lower Req NCU's? Toss thoes in and repeat the steps again and toss in the 6 NCU's with a 351 or higher CL req, deleteing and replacing the lower NCU's as necessary. Woot! you just got your high NCU!
    Note: Casting the 260+ buff is possible now (or so i hear), but very very hard to actually do, and not worth the work imo! Whew! arent we glad that is over!

Now the fighting part of twinks:
    Now that you have lots of NCU it is time to sort out buffs you want. Hack'n;Quack is a MUST from a Fixer! Behe is always nice, and omnimed from a DOc is fun also. You can fill if as much as you want, just keep space for a PM and T&S mocham to help you drain better.
    In my honest opinion, there is only 2 strats to fighting at this level of PvP. Attack in mass with other twinks, and DRAIN FIRST! If you get drained you are a sitting duck, Your easy to equip pump master is now sitting at 0% b/c you got hit for 2 drains. A leet from an adv is quite handy on sneaking up on an unsuspecting attacker//defender also. Your fixer Hot ensures that you, or the other person that also has it, are unkillable 1v1. Drain the person first and you will be all set.

Here is my idea of a great 21 tower twink
    Click

More to come on other level ranges!

Comments//suggestions welcome. Im really tired atm, so im sure i forgot something or another. Will be editing and updating as necessary.
    Sticky Plx!
    Tradingstuff 220/18 General of Viralbots Incorporated
    Quote Originally Posted by willlliams;
    Want a challenge ? roll MP or Trader
    Quote Originally Posted by deniska;
    LOL I was talking about a challange to get SK, not about challenge to get SK team

Hai2u!
    Me want build lvl 15 tweek haw you do taht plax m8ayte?

j/k
    Nice guide. It teaches you the basics, and leaves room for improvments.
    bump4sticky.
    Buildahbabe 220/25 engineer, rk2
    Kaffekokare 206/16 crat, rk2
    Kaffikos 22/2 adv, rk2
    Dharus 220/19 sold, rk1

btw, having quack doesnt make you unkillable 1on1
    Ryuenf - 147 Enf
    Zypheer - 95 Agent
    Sypheer - 95 Agent
    Majestyk - 75 Trader
    Wooooot - 75 Doc
    Badone - 40 Sold
    Tanker1 - 25 Enfo
    Tanker2 - 25 Enfo
    Ryutrade - 15 Trader

Great guide!

Bump for Stick
    214/18 Solitus Trader RK2 omgad I leveled!
    Pria 153/8 Solitus Shade RK2
    Bravlich 140/7 Atrox Enforcer RK2 (1he = hawt)
    Elbuross 73/0 Nano-Mage NT RK2
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratink
    I agree. People should explode upon zoning into Pande
    Neutral Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Minideath
    btw, having quack doesnt make you unkillable 1on1
    actually, once you are drained to 0% i would love to see you kill 3.5k+ hp hitting for 3 and 4 a shot.... (add the other skills you posess as a trader and try it again) (getting +damage buffs is fun, sacrafice b4 you shoot the tower anyone? i have lvl 10 trained :P is a very cheap tatic, but very effective)
    and like i said in guide, i made this to try to quell the 10000 times asked//answerd questions. No one can convey the experience you learn from actually doing it. this is more like a starter guide.
    Last edited by Uberstuff; May 22nd, 2006 at 07:27:53.
    LOL I was talking about a challange to get SK, not about challenge to get SK team

im guessing ive had alot more experience at lowbie pvp than u, so...u wont be 0% if its trader vs trader as both will most prob be pre-drained, so as the pump will still be 100% (assuming ur twinked properly) and aslong as u have OS, u can outdmg HnQ easily enuf, done it many times myself so i know it works
    Ryuenf - 147 Enf
    Zypheer - 95 Agent
    Sypheer - 95 Agent
    Majestyk - 75 Trader
    Wooooot - 75 Doc
    Badone - 40 Sold
    Tanker1 - 25 Enfo
    Tanker2 - 25 Enfo
    Ryutrade - 15 Trader

Ill take your word for it. I am a high level trader, i dont care about low twinks. You can always write a guide, im sure it will be better. As i said 3 times already, this was created to STOP the stupid twink threads. 90% of the people here, all 10 of us, who regularly post, do not have lowbie twinks and dont care about them.

im guessing ive had alot more experience at lowbie pvp than u, so...u wont be 0% if its trader vs trader as both will most prob be pre-drained, so as the pump will still be 100% (assuming ur twinked properly) and aslong as u have OS, u can outdmg HnQ easily enuf, done it many times myself so i know it works

Usually, when in trader vs trader (1vs1) I get off one high drain (Divest Skills (Weak)) and one low drain (Ransack Skills (Lesser))
    That's -167 in skills AND -84 AR.
    Which will bring a "properly twinked" person to around 70-80 AR. (maybe a little more, depending on what ai armors you use (if any) etc)
    Now, if you can outdamage hack 'n quack with that (assuming you use TIM scope, pump master and OS) you're either one lucky son of a *****, or your target -really- isn't properly twinked.

OBS! this post is about "properly" twinked lvl 15 traders.
    Last edited by Skogsmullo; May 23rd, 2006 at 11:32:03.
    Kaffikos 22/2 adv, rk2
    Dharus 220/19 sold, rk1

Quote Originally Posted by Skogsmullo
    Usually, when in trader vs trader (1vs1) I get off one high drain (Divest Skills (Weak)) and one low drain (Ransack Skills (Lesser))
    That's -167 in skills AND -84 AR.
    Which will bring a "properly twinked" person to around 70-80 AR. (maybe a little more, depending on what ai armors you use (if any) etc)
    Now, if you can outdamage hack 'n quack with that (assuming you use TIM scope, pump master and OS) you're either one lucky son of a *****, or your target -really- isn't properly twinked
    If ur gunna run around with mochams, and the other person isnt, then its different but most people dont and when both are predrained and get off whatever drains they can against each other, both will usually end up still 100%
    Ryuenf - 147 Enf
    Zypheer - 95 Agent
    Sypheer - 95 Agent
    Majestyk - 75 Trader
    Wooooot - 75 Doc
    Badone - 40 Sold
    Tanker1 - 25 Enfo
    Tanker2 - 25 Enfo
    Ryutrade - 15 Trader

If ur gunna run around with mochams, and the other person isnt, then its different but most people dont and when both are predrained and get off whatever drains they can against each other, both will usually end up still 100%
    Wow, I play on rk2. And here everyone uses mochams (always). Can't see a reason for a tl1-3 trader twink not to use them. They are more important than HnQ imo (atleast on lvl 10-15)

edit: RK1 really is a carebear server
    Kaffikos 22/2 adv, rk2
    Dharus 220/19 sold, rk1