Thread: kyr ozch axes at what lvl?

kyr ozch axes at what lvl?

at what lvl should i swtich my crispys for axes lv 140 atm

edit Foookin enter button pressed b4 i typed the title finished -.-
    Last edited by Dataguttt; Jul 20th, 2006 at 20:19:40. Reason: mistyped title -.-
    Played since 04, never had a 220.
    Waiting for AO2

200+ axes will OD crispys purely because of min dmg, you might even want to look at gelids as they have very nice min dmg

Well... depends where and what, I guess. Personally I still haven't sold or retired my Crispies. I used Gelids in SL until I could equip a ql 206 typed axe with a w0rangle. I still use Crispies at/on aliumz and RK in general, since in my experience killing on RK seems to generally go faster with Crispies than ql 200-ish axes even with Aruls, Rings of Elements, MotR and whatnot. :D In Ado->, no contest of course.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

SoW owns against aliens. Also SoCs, I suggest getting one as soon as you can self the ql300 axes (level 215-220 depending on gear)
    You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Rookie Gank "Wilsonat" Me 220/22/36 adv GODMODE AND NAKED.

I can still only swing about 1930 1he at 215 (using 2 triplers) due to being perked into CoNC and lacking some AI armour.

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

yeah im about 3 more IS armor pieces from getting a 247 SoC on at 165. cant wait to tear some RK stuff up 1341 1he with no AI armor
    HurtsDonut - 220/23/60 Doc
    Iheartj000 - 165/16 - Enforcer - Work in Progress

thanks for the replies, ive been looking on a SoC but i dont know what they cost or if they are very hard to get and also dont know where they drop
    Played since 04, never had a 220.
    Waiting for AO2

They are relatively rare but you can pick up a lower ql SoC for around 130mil these days

Quote Originally Posted by randomletter
    SoW owns against aliens. Also SoCs, I suggest getting one as soon as you can self the ql300 axes (level 215-220 depending on gear)
    I dual wielded 2 ql 300 axes at lvl 213 and the only ai armor i have is a pair of gloves. Everything else is random SL buffing armor like Sanguisugent, vanyas pearls, Hammered ring from HI and 2 x Hand-Made Thri-Blade (adds 60 to 1 he in total). And this was without wearing any buff items on chest, 1 shoulder and backslot as I can't get my bellum back on once i've got the axes on (mind you nanomage adv = crappy stamina)
    I could have gotten them in way sooner than that even without loads of ai armor...with ai armor i dont even want to think about when you can dual wield a pair of ql300 axes
    Heh but then again I get them on with a 145 wrangle...noway i can self them on with the gear i have
    Last edited by Nuser_; Aug 10th, 2006 at 22:46:41.
    "Sincerity is an openness of heart that is found in very few people. What we usually see is only an artful disguise people put on to win the confidence of others." ~François de La Rochefoucauld

Never had soc I dualed one chirop and a ql 93 typed at lvl 60, dualed axes since lvl 100 never looked back to chirops..
    SoC, well at that price I'd get the merc pants instead and still go axes..
    I have equiped ql 300's at 209 ..

Quote Originally Posted by Nuser_
    I dual wielded 2 ql 300 axes at lvl 213 and the only ai armor i have is a pair of gloves. Everything else is random SL buffing armor like Sanguisugent, vanyas pearls, Hammered ring from HI and 2 x Hand-Made Thri-Blade (adds 60 to 1 he in total). And this was without wearing any buff items on chest, 1 shoulder and backslot as I can't get my bellum back on once i've got the axes on (mind you nanomage adv = crappy stamina)
    I could have gotten them in way sooner than that even without loads of ai armor...with ai armor i dont even want to think about when you can dual wield a pair of ql300 axes
    Heh but then again I get them on with a 145 wrangle...noway i can self them on with the gear i have

I got my axes on at 211 with no alien armor (solitus). I'e been able to self them since 216 (when I aquired boon of aries and 2 ql300 CM peices) Duel wielding ql300 axes on a trox adv is doable at 204 I think.

Against aliens with a SoC/SoW you'll be surprised when you DON'T see a 13K backstab.

edit: by self I mean equip without hotswapping/changing syms for imps or any other gear.
    You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Rookie Gank "Wilsonat" Me 220/22/36 adv GODMODE AND NAKED.

generally 300 axes go on around the 209 mark, depending on what you have access to (and what perks you have)

but to get back ontopic, personally i used gelids (yes 2 gelids) in pen missions from 195 - 202.. sure it meant my damage lacked, but with cold aruls, and beckoning, it didn't lack too far behind those that used chirop / gelid for backstab and brawl.

at 202 went to some umm, 225ish axes, with 4 gem fire bracers, and kept using them until 209 at which point i put 300 axes (with 2 pieces of +25 strong armor)
    Redadv 220/30
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by Nuser_
    (mind you nanomage adv = crappy stamina)

PFFT BE A MAN!

<-- opi advy btw dont tell me about crappy stam. I currently wear SoW (rhand) 300 typed (lhand) and swap 300 untyped for SoW for SL, I have enough buffing items, along with 2 pieces of merc 1 piece of strong and i can swap out with a 132 on the nose. I will say it took ALOT of work and full CoLI/Edged Mastery to be able to do this. I am level 211 OPI advy btw.

Be a trox.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

I am liek 180 and use axe k?

(ql 190 type 240)

edit: Your first post was a bit long, but now that I've read all of it. I would suggest getting 2x gelids. And then when you can equip ql 180+ axe (type 240) in main hand. Do it!
    Last edited by Skogsmullo; Aug 20th, 2006 at 19:50:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Redadv
    but to get back ontopic, personally i used gelids (yes 2 gelids) in pen missions from 195 - 202.. sure it meant my damage lacked, but with cold aruls, and beckoning, it didn't lack too far behind those that used chirop / gelid for backstab and brawl.
    Hmm... your teammates didn't tell you to stop using beckoning? It really messes up a lot of things in a team situation, i.e. all their +dmg gear, and particularly things like bracer of recondite flames.
    ClockDoc(220/30) - proud member of Obsidian Order (recruitment thread)