Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When was the GTA drop rate nerfed?

When was the GTA drop rate nerfed?

In TOTW I must have killed (solo) GOT about 50 times in the past few days and never dropped GTA. Is this another "undocumented" 16.3 change?

In the time it took you to camp that many times, you could have out-leveled it.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

That wasn't the question.

Nothing has been changed in the temple drop rates, so the GTA should have exactly the same drop rate as it always has.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Can confirm Sil.
    My friend killed GoT 63 times like 1 year ago. And finally run out of ToTW screaming about murder.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

In my opinion, GTA's drop rate is either very small, or very random - even before the latest patch. I've seen it drop a total of ONCE, personally. This despite my doc and [to a lesser extent] my engi both living at TOTW at one point during their creation.
    Chronic Shichiroji Argonaut: 220 / 25 / 55 (Slice and dice)
    Not Shichidoc Fighter: 177 / 18 / 42 (Pew Pew)
    Moon Metallishi Dog: 156 / 13 / ?? (Mini TS)

General of Haven (we are recruiting!), Haven's token Aussie and owner of a ql 310 Fine-Tuned DNA-Locked Blaster Rifle.

Hic sunt dracones.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Typical ANZers every subject ends up talking about sheep and criminals

As far as rumours go, GTA is only dropped by a L69+ GoT. This means that the drop rate is based on:
    1) %chance of GoT Level (Usually L67,68,69,70)
    2) %chance for L69+ GoT to drop GTA
    --> Very very random drop% if the speculation is anywhere accurate.

I've seen 3 GTAs drop in about 100+ career GoT kills, so I'm not surprised that so many people are frustrated with the drop rate.
    To all you Enforcers:
    You are the core of the team. You have an overwhelming presence, such that mobs never dare even look at your doc. In battle, you fall before your teammates do, and even then you alway give a good account of yourself to your foes. By excelling in crowd control, you make yourself a valuable tool to any team. Take a beating with a smile, tank with pride. Be faithful to the Enforcer's Creed: "Hugging reclaim, so that you don't have to."

Author of Fundamentals of Tanking

Emicrisis
    L220/23 Opifex Doctor Emislicer L220/20 Atrox Enforcer Emiphne L220/17 Solitus Shade

Quit game in Sept 07. Have fun, guys

An orgmate of mine just had about 30 kills on GoT and finally got his. He then left ToTW, never to return...
    Aberroyc - 220/20 MA - RK1

Proud member of Uprising

Its All About The Phats.
    Ive also had massive runs of kills with no got - 30/40+.

You're not alone.
    Acetsuntura (220]/21/70) - Adventurer

We had one drop during the 16.3 patch cycle... it's not a high drop rate though (probably about 5% from the higher GoTs as mentioned)... so unless it's for a twink, it's really not worth camping for... go, get your belt, and if one drops, consider yourself lucky.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

There also are rumors, that the level of GoT depens of the level of players in the dungeon. So as being lvl 60, get your own istance, get your 69+ GoT and the GTA. The droprate for the GTA itself seems to be rather decent, have gotten 2 GTAs for just 2 kills each. Might have been pure luck though...
    - Arc

Leaving TOTW and coming back also does not increase your chances of it dropping either. My chances of GTA have always been 1 out of 10 straight kills.

Coming home!
    "Pwndedto"---------- 150 Enforcer
    "Pwnded"------------ 60 Martial-Artist
    "Pwnded2"----------- 60 Keeper Pre-AI (Retired)
    "Ipalm"-------------- 40 Agent
    "Hybrid069"----------- 25 Enforcer Setup
    ex-Circle of Notum

GTA droprate has been nerfed since the Inner Sanctum patch when they nerfed droprates on the exarch robes which then suddenly became usefull for IS passes.
    [Edit]
    Besides, it's all down to luck. Drop rate chance does not accumulate. So if it has a 5% droprate, there is not automation in that after 20 kills you will have a drop. But you have a 5% chance on each spawn.
    Although i think the actual droprate on GTA is lower than 5%. Average number of spawns between drops for me have been between 30-50
    Last edited by Khalem; Sep 4th, 2006 at 14:10:44.
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

When I made my MP, i borrowed a TOTWturd^H^H^H^Htwink and made my run at level 59. I only wanted a belt, but instead I got a GTA. It rotted in a bag and has never been worn.

9-1-06, Got killed twice, 1 GTA dropped per kill...

Was way nerfed in... 11.6 wasn't it?
    Oriana Gwenneth Pendragon - 213/14 Keeper, Advisor of Unity Of The Rose (eqp)

Benreddik Oilshake Fyfasan - 208/10 Trader, Veteran of Unity Of The Rose (eqp)

i got mine when i walked in there with my fixer and the corpse was there with gta and gcb and ilooted <3
    Deadlyviper Level 220/15 11th 220 Solitus Shade
    Gimp Gear

Duranix
    -220/14 Soldier
    In Progress
    CPU1: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz - 21% Load
    CPU2: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz - 16% Load
    Video Card: Nvidia Geforce Go 7900 GS 256 mb
    Memory: Free: 1169MB | Used: 879MB | Total: 2047MB
    Current Foreground App: [client.exe] (AO)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanite View Post
    There also are rumors, that the level of GoT depens of the level of players in the dungeon. So as being lvl 60, get your own istance, get your 69+ GoT and the GTA. The droprate for the GTA itself seems to be rather decent, have gotten 2 GTAs for just 2 kills each. Might have been pure luck though...
    Hmmm, never thought of that, Got drop on my first solo kill with my MA, but got a high instance and only a few other in the dungeon.

Killed it a gazilion times on my RK2 sol, never getting drop, got there with my ma and 2 kills I got it, only really wanted it because its a goodlooking tank :P, the Ex robe is just as good for a twink if not better with the resists and a little more hp tho 90 less in AC, how much difference will 90ac make ?
    Joliie - Storm unit leader - When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite.
    Account Created 2001-07-06 00:00:17

Wars, conflict, it's all business. One murder makes a villain. Millions a hero. Numbers sanctify.

Quote Originally Posted by Emislicer View Post
    As far as rumours go, GTA is only dropped by a L69+ GoT. This means that the drop rate is based on:
    1) %chance of GoT Level (Usually L67,68,69,70)
    2) %chance for L69+ GoT to drop GTA
    --> Very very random drop% if the speculation is anywhere accurate.

I've seen 3 GTAs drop in about 100+ career GoT kills, so I'm not surprised that so many people are frustrated with the drop rate.

What? What has happened to "you have to be teamlevel x+" or solo to get GTA drop theories that were rampant when I camped GTA? Or theory that it only drops in certain GS? This level theory is totally new to me.
    "then again, it's also been said by funcom that theye'll try improving pathing again somethime in the 16.x series"
    -Cenelia

"God I hope not. I don't know how many more improvements we can take."
    -Spleenman

The gta isnt much better then a robe and the only reason I make sure to get a robe is is pass. Everything iffy to get in totw is also useless by 130 anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast