Thread: dark blue skills

dark blue skills

i was wondering how much you can raise dark blue skills per level i swear it was 4 but ar on my doc is 3 per lvl for some reason

The color of the bar reflects the cost of the skill
    - green is cheap, dark blue is expensive.
    How much you can raise the skills are dependant on your Profession and your breed.

For more detailed cost, check the info about the skill (shift + left-click).

The size of the colored bar indicates how much you increase the skill before reaching the hard limit (the "cap") for it.

The limit for base abilities increases every level, while the limit for other skills increases each time you gain a new title.
    There is a detailed explaination of skills and all other game play information here.

http://www.anarchy-online.com/content/guides/manual/

I hope this helps.
    Coordinator Jandell
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Community Relations
    Forums Moderation

:: Social Guidelines ::
    :: ARK Public Website ::

Sort of...

Colour reflects cost, yes, but the amount you can raise it is also determined by the cost. The two are not in a direct correlation though...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

it has nothing to do with cost what i was asking was how much you can raise it per level
    green- 5
    light blue-4
    dark blue-4?

i thought you could raise all dark blue skills by 4 per lvl but assault rifle on my doc says you can only raise it 3 per lvl i was wondering if this was a bug or working as intended (note other dark blue skills are 4 per lvl)

No, it has everything to do with cost.

Skills that cost between 3.5 and 5.0 can be raised 3 per level.
    Skills that cost between 1.5 and 3.4 can be raised 4 per level.
    Skills that cost between 1.0 and 1.4 can be raised 5 per level.

Colour also depends on cost, but the categories are not the same.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

In laymans terms...

Colour is more general than the actual cost of the skill. I.e, skills you can raise 3 per level, and 4, have the same colour.

Same way the skills that are "normal" blue are 4 per level, and some dark blues are also 4 per level.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I'd have posted what costs are represented by which colours, but I couldn't find that information off hand...

Ah... there we go... slightly (ok, very) out of date, but most of it is accurate, and most importantly, it gives us the relationship between colours and costs.

Green : 1.0
    Turquoise : 1.1 to 1.5
    Aqua : 1.6 to 2.0 (?)
    Blue : 2.1 (?) to 5.0

I've seen a chart somewhere that included keeper/shade also, too lazy to search it atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

In shadowlevels I can raise dark blue evades 20pts/level but I think some other skills only 15/level?
    Tenk (215/14) - Happy Omni-Tek Agent on TestLive
    Iranu (217/16) - Clan Agent on Rimor (my equipment)

5 times what you could raise them pre-shadowlevels, yes.