Thread: Static Dungeons in Shadowlands

Static Dungeons in Shadowlands

I've had a lot of fun there (nice exp, excellent cash, some nice drops), so wanted to post locations for other newbs. They aren't easy to find, so please add to the list!

Nascence Wilds
    location 510, 1456 - level 41 or so (armor you can get here is nice)
    location 579, 1306 - level 54-61

Misty Dreams Border
    location 1400, 578 - level 46 or so

Core
    location 1506, 991 -level 54-61

Luckily for lazy peeps like me, someone has already done the hard work. Have a look at http://www.jexai.co.uk/anarchy/sl_nascense.html for a guide to Nascence (and other) statics. Loads of good stuff there.

Note: All statics beyond Nascence are total rubbish. Don't waste your time there. Ever. Seriously. I'm not kidding. I just live in them for ...ummm... research purposes. Yeah, that's it, research
    "Still, I was fabulous, and it was a bloody good laugh"

BUREAUCRASHCOLDCOMFORTFONEBONE
    KISSNMAKEUPCASHORCHEQUEJELLYFUNK

Jellyfunk - giv my perl

Quote Originally Posted by greldik View Post
    Jellyfunk - giv my perl

hehehe

*Note to self: Insert obligatory life's-not-easy-on-a-bowl-of-rice-a-day comment here*

FC, please increase droprate on mystical force gear kthxbye!

also a few places i go to when i roll a new alt are....

1-8 in training area
    9-12 in the nasc frontier pit. With all the spirits an such.
    13-20 Either the spiders or mallah's.
    21-30 crip cave
    31-40 the dungeons in the crip cave
    41-70 nasc hecks.
    71-95 tiigs or cold rock spiders (elly)
    96-145 elly hecks
    146-185 ado hecks (better xp/hour than pen)
    186-200+ pen/inf/w/e you feel like tbh

Just some of the fastest ways of killing. All places are easy to find teams in. So i pretty sure those spots are currently the best xp/hour right now in terms of team availibility an mobs. ofc theirs hundreds of other ways to level. Those are just a few "good" spots i think work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon5 View Post
    also a few places i go to when i roll a new alt are....

1-8 in training area
    9-12 in the nasc frontier pit. With all the spirits an such.
    13-20 Either the spiders or mallah's.
    21-30 crip cave
    31-40 the dungeons in the crip cave
    41-70 nasc hecks.
    71-95 tiigs or cold rock spiders (elly)
    96-145 elly hecks
    146-185 ado hecks (better xp/hour than pen)
    186-200+ pen/inf/w/e you feel like tbh
    I died of boredom and heckler overload just from *reading* that. You couldn't pay me enough creds to actually live it.
    Dogeared: their fix will probably eliminate the 'sploit that allows you to pass through ''doors'' from one playfield to another. <-- zomg, she was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfunk View Post
    Luckily for lazy peeps like me, someone has already done the hard work. Have a look at http://www.jexai.co.uk/anarchy/sl_nascense.html for a guide to Nascence (and other) statics. Loads of good stuff there.

Note: All statics beyond Nascence are total rubbish. Don't waste your time there. Ever. Seriously. I'm not kidding. I just live in them for ...ummm... research purposes. Yeah, that's it, research

Cool, thanks! The Nascense ones are greening out now, so nice to have info on the Elysium ones too.

And thanks for the tip about them being rubbish beyond Nascence. I'm kind of a ... ummmm... researcher myself, yeah, that's it, researcher.

Seriously, the ones in Nascence are pretty empty, except for the obvious one near the cripplers in Nascence Wilds. Which is too bad, since researching them can be lots of fun.

The level 60 ones can be kinda tricky for a caster to solo though, since there are mobs who drain nano. Not a problem for a keeper, although if they debuffed me, that would really hurt. And probably not a problem for a caster if they can find someone to tank (hold aggro) for them.

Edited note: I feel like Funcom gave a party and no one showed up. And that maybe it might be because people couldn't find it. :/

In less than 4 hours, I gained 4 levels and well over a million credits in a static dungeon that is way green to me, and ran into only one other person there, who was red to me. When Funcom throws a party, check it out. I didn't find any items that were useful for me to equip in the 60's dungeons, though I did find nice armor in the 40's, so nice that even with a couple million credits to spend, I haven't found much worthwhile to buy. I died once, a combination of being too cocky and inattentative, and "death by a thousand cuts" sort of thing, but I got over it pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Tommara; Oct 12th, 2006 at 05:43:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommara View Post
    I'm kind of a ... ummmm... researcher myself, yeah, that's it, researcher.
    Scientific curiosity! \0/

Bit of a warning for statics in Elysium and beyond:
    People sometimes farm them for Weird looking nanos and Arul gems, which drop from chests and dungeon bosses (past Ely) respectively. To maximize their farming, they want the dungeon to reset as often as possible. If the dungeon is occupied, it resets every 2 hours or so. If it's empty, in 6 or 12 (I can't remember) minutes. Guess how welcome you are in "their" static...

I do a '/list' when I enter, and, if I find there's someone else, either leave or shoot them a tell. Depending on how nice they are, I'll try find another static, arrange to log for a bit every 20 or 30 minutes or just stay & level - the XP is much sweeter when you know you're annoying a genuine f**kwit at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by dellinda View Post
    I died of boredom and heckler overload just from *reading* that. You couldn't pay me enough creds to actually live it.
    Rofl.
    Couldnt agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfunk View Post
    Scientific curiosity! \0/

Bit of a warning for statics in Elysium and beyond:
    People sometimes farm them for Weird looking nanos and Arul gems, which drop from chests and dungeon bosses (past Ely) respectively. To maximize their farming, they want the dungeon to reset as often as possible. If the dungeon is occupied, it resets every 2 hours or so. If it's empty, in 6 or 12 (I can't remember) minutes. Guess how welcome you are in "their" static...

I do a '/list' when I enter, and, if I find there's someone else, either leave or shoot them a tell. Depending on how nice they are, I'll try find another static, arrange to log for a bit every 20 or 30 minutes or just stay & level - the XP is much sweeter when you know you're annoying a genuine f**kwit at the same time
    Farming dungeons is one of the most selfish things in this game full of players with "me me me and only me" attitude.
    Everyone has same right to get into static dungeon and kill whatever.
    If I find any farmers I would gladly just leave my toon in, go /afk and take a 3-4 hours nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinda
    Rofl.
    Couldnt agree more.
    You snobs!

Roaring around the Bay at 120-ish with a Horror on long charm, a Heckler on short and a really kickass team - enough risk from pets, adds and idiots around you to keep you focussed, enough damage to carve through the hecks and enough breathing space to have a chat while doing it - that's some of the best fun I've had in this game. I may have to roll another alt...

Quote Originally Posted by dellinda View Post
    Never said it was the "only" way to lvl or that you had to like it

just was mentioning good spots with lots of peeps around.

btw the dungeons around crip cave you can normally get ur team to go. Or solo. for the hecks just go lft, an in ooc. should be easy to find a team.

Thumbs down

ok,,,so how exactly is say a doc,,,farm his weird looking nanos?

how is this selfish?

Quote Originally Posted by hippityd View Post
    ok,,,so how exactly is say a doc,,,farm his weird looking nanos?

how is this selfish?
    Did you read in few posts above:

To maximize their farming, they want the dungeon to reset as often as possible. If the dungeon is occupied, it resets every 2 hours or so. If it's empty, in 6 or 12 (I can't remember) minutes
    Trying to keep complete dungeon empty just for yourself so you could farm over and over something someone else may want to find too I consider very selfish indeed.

Did you read in few posts above:

Trying to keep complete dungeon empty just for yourself so you could farm over and over something someone else may want to find too I consider very selfish indeed.
    that's why i purposely go in there some times just to break it up if they are a jerk about it. hehe i dual logged and left a char in there to do recon for me ...... no... it wasn't to piss the guy off and ruin his resets .. not at all .. the char was doing RP stuff not afking .. i swear

and <3 /anonymous hehehe they can't do a list ... and a nice little leeted concealed agent is pretty tough to find :P
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

ewww.

People farming who want the whole dungeon to themselves, that's icky.

But what in the heck was Funcom thinking when they designed it that way?

Sorry, doc. I won't deliberately do things to cause you grief. But I won't wait around just so you can farm. You need to look to Funcom to fix that for you, not other players.

Why don't you just buy the nano in the gardens? or roll it? both are faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon5 View Post
    Why don't you just buy the nano in the gardens? or roll it? both are faster.
    The nanos we are talking about are not buyable and not rollable. Once you found them you can sell them for nice amount of credits too.
    Check the market forums for "weird looking" nanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommara View Post
    But what in the heck was Funcom thinking when they designed it that way?
    One could say that about more things than one in this game

One could say that about more things than one in this game
    Heh, no doubt. It can be said of most other game developers, too.

On the other hand, I've played AO off and on since August 2001. The game has improved immensely since then, and it really seems like Funcom has taken player criticisms to heart and tried to fix them, although obviously not perfect yet. Unlike Sony (Everquest and Star Wars Galaxies) who seem to actively despise player input. Not quite up to Blizzard standards, who won't release a game until technically perfect and seem to focus on making a game fun above all else (which makes perfect sense from a financial viewpoint), but somewhere in between.

So I haven't given up on them, like I have Sony games. I come back to AO every two years or so, and the changes they've made in this last two years are really awesome compared to how it began.

They really are listening to us, I think. Though I may fade out again soon if I stop having fun, I'll come back in another year or two to see if they've fixed things - Funcom deserves the benefit of a doubt, in my book.