Thread: A Time Saving Search

A Time Saving Search

How many of us out there have to sort through our banks?

Come on, ever since I hit level 100 my banks been jamed full with... well, junk. But junk that I figure/d I might use on an alt or something or another. They get stuffed in BPs to save room and time/lazziness gets them lost with no names other then 30 Small Backpacks laying around.

What would be nice to see (when I say nice I mean I'm dreaming) is a Bank Search. A field, much like GMS, that you type in what you want and it searches your bank to see if you have it. Looking inside BPs is nothing new, the game obviously does this (if you've ever lost a item and /petitioned you get an automated response with a website that holds a list of all items that are/have been in your inventory, including bag contents). Add in a feature that will 'open' a new window with the search results from which you can 'withdraw' (take out of bank) the items you want. With the ability to 'quickly' search your bank you can be sure of what items you really are hording in there or if you do actually have to spend the money and get it.

Any developing ideas to add?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiyrau View Post
    How many of us out there have to sort through our banks?

Come on, ever since I hit level 100 my banks been jamed full with... well, junk. But junk that I figure/d I might use on an alt or something or another. They get stuffed in BPs to save room and time/lazziness gets them lost with no names other then 30 Small Backpacks laying around.

What would be nice to see (when I say nice I mean I'm dreaming) is a Bank Search. A field, much like GMS, that you type in what you want and it searches your bank to see if you have it. Looking inside BPs is nothing new, the game obviously does this (if you've ever lost a item and /petitioned you get an automated response with a website that holds a list of all items that are/have been in your inventory, including bag contents). Add in a feature that will 'open' a new window with the search results from which you can 'withdraw' (take out of bank) the items you want. With the ability to 'quickly' search your bank you can be sure of what items you really are hording in there or if you do actually have to spend the money and get it.

Any developing ideas to add?

personally, i've found just renaming all the packs to whats in them (nanos, armor, etc), and group accordingly can make searching bank much quicker.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers